post #1171 of 3863 Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublus View Post

Gotcha, I've seen people mention using Ulead VideoStudio 11 to create a DVD after capturing a file with the HD-PVR but has anyone gotten VS11 to do the actual capture? It would be nice to do everything in VS11.

I use VS11+ and the 1212 is available as a capture source when I go to "capture' but if I select it a msg "unable to capture bla bla bla" comes up and switches to another source.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3863 Old 07-20-2009, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yeah, I have VS11+ too and I get the same thing. I was wondering if any of the gurus here had figured out a trick to get it working.
post #1173 of 3863 Old 07-20-2009, 11:43 AM
SHS
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You need use Arcsoft software that come with HD-PVR for capturing and just import in to VS11+ sorry but there no plug-in driver for any ulead software like older PVR model had.
post #1174 of 3863 Old 07-20-2009, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has anyone found a solution to the HDPVR's lock-up tendencies? For me, it seems like signal "glitches" from the cable box can be enough to lock the capture functionality up, though passthrough tends to work even when the box locks up.

I frankly haven't paid much attention lately because the locking up resulted in inadequate WAF and we therefore had to pick up a Comcast DVR box.

I believe I have a Rev D2.
post #1175 of 3863 Old 07-20-2009, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoppa View Post

has anyone found a solution to the HDPVR's lock-up tendencies? For me, it seems like signal "glitches" from the cable box can be enough to lock the capture functionality up, though passthrough tends to work even when the box locks up.

I frankly haven't paid much attention lately because the locking up resulted in inadequate WAF and we therefore had to pick up a Comcast DVR box.

I believe I have a Rev D2.

Mine lockup only if I have the preview on while going to another channel that require a resolution change (HD to SD or SD to HD). My fix is to close the application change the channel and run the application again. It's a pain but it works.
post #1176 of 3863 Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Has anyone had problems trying to capture laserdiscs? I have captured around 20 movies in HD from my DirecTV receiver with no trouble at all but just tried capturing a laserdisc with terrible results. The video would freeze up every now and then and when it unfroze, the sound would skip around as well. I noticed in my preview window it was skipping and jittering like crazy and the sound was skipping as well which usually doesn't happen. Does the Hauppuage box have an issue with recording S-Video and Digital sound in?
post #1177 of 3863 Old 07-21-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

I suppose I should also say I am in the US.

From what I understand, you have to tell Windows you live in Europe (Germany specifically) for this to work as a live TV tuner. Is that still the case with Windows 7?

No longer the case with the release of the DVBLink series...

I have mine working on Win7.7100 x86 both locally and thru multiple XBox 360 extenders. Channel changes are handled via FireSTB.

Multiple HD-PVR support is in the works.

Good stuff - give it a try...
post #1178 of 3863 Old 07-22-2009, 09:05 AM

Last night I recorded a 3 hour and 30 minutes video at 1280x720 resulotion and 60fps (set my cable box to output 720p) and the result is a 3 hour and 20 minuts video. Short 10 minutes.
The HDPVR skipped frames like crazy (10 minutes worth of frames). I don't remember skipping this much under 1080i (30fps) recordings but I'll have to run some tests and see.

Can anybody point me in the right direction here?
Is this an overheating issue (hardware problem) or a firmware problem? Before I request an RMA, can this be fixed? Appreciate your input.
post #1179 of 3863 Old 07-22-2009, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 246
^ Any time there is any sort of change to the video stream, be it a resolution change, a change of TV station, a breakup in the digital audio, (break to and from commercial ?) etc the hdpvr loses about 5 seconds (maybe) of content. I have found that by switching to analog inputs the minor glitches in the digital audio stream that I don't even notice in normal playback for myself are no longer responsible for the time loss you and I have experienced using the digital input since the analog is pretty much never interrupted.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #1180 of 3863 Old 07-22-2009, 10:52 AM

Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwe View Post

I have mine working on Win7.7100 x86 both locally and thru multiple XBox 360 extenders. Channel changes are handled via FireSTB.

WOW! That IS a big deal. I will have to scrape up money (ie, beg the wife) and give it a shot.
post #1181 of 3863 Old 07-22-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post

^ Any time there is any sort of change to the video stream, be it a resolution change, a change of TV station, a breakup in the digital audio, (break to and from commercial ?) etc the hdpvr loses about 5 seconds (maybe) of content. I have found that by switching to analog inputs the minor glitches in the digital audio stream that I don't even notice in normal playback for myself are no longer responsible for the time loss you and I have experienced using the digital input since the analog is pretty much never interrupted.

and by "switching to analog inputs" you mean the audio? (I am using SDIF, that's true)
as far as the video goes there is nothing to switch since component is analog
post #1182 of 3863 Old 07-22-2009, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 246
^Yes, analog stereo RCA jacks and select as such in the software too.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #1183 of 3863 Old 07-22-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post

^Yes, analog stereo RCA jacks and select as such in the software too.

well, I kinda want to keep the 5.1 sound so I'm trying different things right now.

it looks like this is a hardware related issue and my HDPVR might have been overheating and acting up. It has been running non-stop since I got (besides the daily almost power cycles). I gave it a 45 min rest and recorded 1 hour of perfect 720p @60fps. Beautiful. Way better then 1080i.
post #1184 of 3863 Old 07-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpd View Post

well, I kinda want to keep the 5.1 sound so I'm trying different things right now.

it looks like this is a hardware related issue and my HDPVR might have been overheating and acting up. It has been running non-stop since I got (besides the daily almost power cycles). I gave it a 45 min rest and recorded 1 hour of perfect 720p @60fps. Beautiful. Way better then 1080i.

You think that 720p is better than 1080i?
Do u think its your source or the pvr?
post #1185 of 3863 Old 07-23-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

You think that 720p is better than 1080i?

I do. Especially for fast moving action like sports. With 1080i I get motion blur (even with the "deinterlace" option checked in my player's options).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

Do u think its your source or the pvr?

I"m not sure but I suspect it's the PVR. See my last post (it recorded fine after I gave it a break - shut it off for 45 min)
post #1186 of 3863 Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:

Hi ericwe!

I have the same setup as you, but havign a few woes getting the channel changing working.

I have a Dusky USB Control - is rthsi what you are using for the FireSTB?

are you using mytray.exe or zapper?

I cannot get mytray.exe workign at all so zapper is the way to go for me i think.

can u give me a little background as to how you did your FireSTB setup?

Thanks!
post #1187 of 3863 Old 07-23-2009, 01:56 PM
fcb
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
Quote:

Anyone had any luck with this and Vista? My media center locks up every time I install this.

Fred

Don't make 'em like they used to, but charge you double price, promise you steak but give you beans and rice.
Just ain't enough good stuff!

Panasonic 65VT60

Yamaha RX-V3900

Ohm Walsh 200 Mk-2

Uverse

HP H8-1360T

post #1188 of 3863 Old 07-24-2009, 04:39 AM

I just picked up an HD-PVR. Dell has a pretty good deal going on right now. They have the $30 rebate and a 25% off coupon code, 1B0MP6701R759C, which brings the price down to $150 (after rebate) plus tax.

Link
post #1189 of 3863 Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meob View Post

Hi ericwe!

I have the same setup as you, but havign a few woes getting the channel changing working.

I have a Dusky USB Control - is rthsi what you are using for the FireSTB?

are you using mytray.exe or zapper?

I cannot get mytray.exe workign at all so zapper is the way to go for me i think.

can u give me a little background as to how you did your FireSTB setup?

Thanks!

I'm using the FireSTB drivers from http://home.comcast.net/~exdeus/stbfirewire/ and don't have mytray.exe in use anywhere. Just have channel.dll referenced in the Blaster Configuration page for DVBLink.

I *think* in essence that DVBLink is providing the interface into channell.dll that mytray.exe would normally be using in a non-DVBLink setup -- i.e. straight MCE 2005 or Vista firewire channel changing.
post #1190 of 3863 Old 07-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:

I *think* in essence that DVBLink is providing the interface into channell.dll that mytray.exe would normally be using in a non-DVBLink setup -- i.e. straight MCE 2005 or Vista firewire channel changing.

Thanks ericwe!

So am I right in assuming you are not using the Dusky USB Control at all?
and you are using firewire connection from your pc to your STB?

all I am trying to do is change channels with the Dusky USB Control

so mytray.exe will not work on my setup, so I have to use zapper instead...

my head is in a bit of a spin now ;-)
post #1191 of 3863 Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcb View Post

Anyone had any luck with this and Vista? My media center locks up every time I install this.

I used Vista for a while, but it seem flakier than the XP machine I have it on now. My Vista MC box is crashed at the moment, so that may have been part of the problem, but it did work in a flakey manner.

Did you try the new software?
post #1192 of 3863 Old 07-29-2009, 04:45 PM

I've been using and loving my 1212 since Christmas but someone just brought something great to my attention. I use my 1212 on my HTPC to capture movies in high def, but I was told I could use my 1212 to hook my Wii up to my 1212 (which is hooked up to my HTPC which is hooked up via HDMI to my plasma) and with some programs, settings and other stuff, make Wii games look much better/upscale. Can anyone shed any light?
post #1193 of 3863 Old 07-29-2009, 05:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymode View Post

I just picked up an HD-PVR. Dell has a pretty good deal going on right now. They have the $30 rebate and a 25% off coupon code, 1B0MP6701R759C, which brings the price down to $150 (after rebate) plus tax.

Link

Thank you for that. The coupon expires tonight- if I saw correctly and the rebate the 31st.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #1194 of 3863 Old 08-01-2009, 12:05 AM

If you record a video that is outputting Linear Pcm audio through the SPDIF and you set the Hauppauge HD PVR to record 2 channel audio using the Dolby AC3 (2 channel) setting. Would you create an AVCHD with Total Media Extreme using the Audio Type setting - LINEAR PCM or DOLBY AC3?

I was unsure since im recording Linear PCM but using Dolby AC3 as my encoder.
post #1195 of 3863 Old 08-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmaximus View Post

If you record a video that is outputting Linear Pcm audio through the SPDIF and you set the Hauppauge HD PVR to record 2 channel audio using the Dolby AC3 (2 channel) setting. Would you create an AVCHD with Total Media Extreme using the Audio Type setting - LINEAR PCM or DOLBY AC3?

I was unsure since im recording Linear PCM but using Dolby AC3 as my encoder.

The audio in the captured file is ac3. So use ac3
post #1196 of 3863 Old 08-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Liked: 14
Does anyone do live internet streams using the 1212? I know someone who does live streams (on justin.tv, etc.) using it. He does this on a PC by using a few different programs. I believe they are Adobe Flash Media Encoder, SageTV, and the software that the HDPVR comes with.

Does anyone know the best way to do this on a PC or Mac? I'm looking to stream some local events starting this Saturday.
post #1197 of 3863 Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

Got my 1212 today, revision E1 and all drivers/software updated automatically on my Vista PC. This baby is working great and so far, so good.
-I only use it to move recordings from my Directv DVD and burn DVDs and AVCHD disks. Didn't mess with schedulling programs and IR repeaters and have no plans to do.

-Digital audio in is working fine and no lipsync issues.

-I tested Vegas 8 Pro and Ulead VS11+ to make DVDs and not a single problem.

-AVCHD disks playing fine on PS3 and Panasonic BD30.

Quality is very good even in HD. Arcsoft programs are very buggy, as expected . Program that creates DVDs/AVCHD has a very simple "cutting room" but cuts are not smooth and cause video artifacts. That's why I use Vegas.

Can this PVR be used w/o using it as a loop through? For example, I can split the output of my cable settop box to the PVR. So one feed would go to my TV and the other to the HD PVR. Therefor, I don't need to use the output to go to my tv.

In other words, I don't need to do this

Cable STB ----> HD PVR------> TV (HD PVR connected via USB to PC).

Can I record the shows from my cable box if I do

cable STB -----> HDPVR (HD PRV connected via USB to PC).

The reason is that the STB is about 45' away from the PC. So I can order up a 50' component cable from monoprice. Since I'm splitting the signal, I'm hoping I can record even though there is nothing connected to the "output" component RCA jacks.

Thanks

Thanks,
Hansang
post #1198 of 3863 Old 08-03-2009, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansangb View Post

Can this PVR be used w/o using it as a loop through? For example, I can split the output of my cable settop box to the PVR. So one feed would go to my TV and the other to the HD PVR. Therefor, I don't need to use the output to go to my tv.

In other words, I don't need to do this

Cable STB ----> HD PVR------> TV (HD PVR connected via USB to PC).

Can I record the shows from my cable box if I do

cable STB -----> HDPVR (HD PRV connected via USB to PC).

The reason is that the STB is about 45' away from the PC. So I can order up a 50' component cable from monoprice. Since I'm splitting the signal, I'm hoping I can record even though there is nothing connected to the "output" component RCA jacks.

Thanks

Yes, if the set top box will operate both outputs simultaneously. You don't have to use the pass through, but some set top boxes will disable the component when the hdmi is enabled.
post #1199 of 3863 Old 08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Yes, if the set top box will operate both outputs simultaneously. You don't have to use the pass through, but some set top boxes will disable the component when the hdmi is enabled.

Thank you! I had so many problems with HDCP that I went back to component cables. I get the same picture and no headaches! I'll dig out my Zektor to split the video signal from the STB (one to PVR and one to my TV)

Thanks,
Hansang
post #1200 of 3863 Old 08-04-2009, 03:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Why use a splitter rather than the passthru if you're going to locate the HDPVR near the stb and tv?

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Hauppauge 1212 Hd Pvr High Definition Personal Video Recorder

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page