AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite View Post

who will be the first to complain that they don't decode DTS

Probably the unique person who can receive and record DTS over their cable or satellite STB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

...The media types have to be specifically set and it's not possible to do it with GraphEdit. I did it programatically and then attached to the running graph in order to save it.

I wondered how you got the demuxer configured. I would be interested in knowing more details about what had to be configured in code, if you would like to say.
post #183 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:

Yes. You can also pause live TV and watch it as it buffers which is the same technical process.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong (EDIT -- I'm probably doing something wrong), but GBPVR doesn't work for me. Didn't work with HDHomerun and it's very wonky with HDPVR. I can't get any transport controls to work, and I can't get it to go to fullscreen.

Is there a way to build a filter graph that would create an output file that can be viewed with Total Media as it's recording with the ability to buffer the recording?
post #184 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson View Post

Is there a way to build a filter graph that would create an output file that can be viewed with Total Media as it's recording with the ability to buffer the recording?

Close, but no cigar: You can use the usual GraphEdit filter to capture then start Media Player Classic Home Cinema to view the file while it's still being captured. But MPCHC will only play up to the point the recording was at when you opened the file. That is, if you start MPCHC 1 minute after you start capturing, you can only watch the first minute.
post #185 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokwokabc View Post

Close, but no cigar: You can use the usual GraphEdit filter to capture then start Media Player Classic Home Cinema to view the file while it's still being captured. But MPCHC will only play up to the point the recording was at when you opened the file. That is, if you start MPCHC 1 minute after you start capturing, you can only watch the first minute.

Does no one make a player that will let you view a file that is being written. I was going to ask you about MPC Classic, but you just answered the question. Isn't there a setting when creating filter graph that sets the length at -1 and play to the end or something like that. I'm trying to figure out C#, but I'm about 3 years behind where I need to be on this stuff.
post #186 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:

You can use the usual GraphEdit filter to capture then start Media Player Classic Home Cinema to view the file while it's still being captured. But MPCHC will only play up to the point the recording was at when you opened the file. That is, if you start MPCHC 1 minute after you start capturing, you can only watch the first minute.

I wouldn't even mind using MPCHC like that, but the transport controls don't work (it will do a single short skip, and then it crashes). So much for skipping commercials.

Why doesn't anyone make a player that will play any .TS stream and buffer as it records? What magic is GBPVR doing that allows it to function the way we want to?
post #187 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Does no one make a player that will let you view a file that is being written.

Sagetv does this and has since I first installed it years ago. It works fine with the HD-PVR.
post #188 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 04:21 PM

VLC will also let you play, but does not let you use any transport controls because the timecode is 0:00.

I really can't afford to buy SageTV right now.
post #189 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I wouldn't even mind using MPCHC like that, but the transport controls don't work (it will do a single short skip, and then it crashes). So much for skipping commercials.

I don't have that problem. Use its internal MPEG splitter, disable it's internal h.264 decoder, and CoreAVC Pro.

Quote:

Why doesn't anyone make a player that will play any .TS stream and buffer as it records? What magic is GBPVR doing that allows it to function the way we want to?

Players are designed as players without any concept of recording, hence no playback as you record. PVRs are designed as PVRs!
post #190 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 05:32 PM

Originally from Hanson: Maybe I'm doing something wrong (EDIT -- I'm probably doing something wrong), but GBPVR doesn't work for me. Didn't work with HDHomerun and it's very wonky with HDPVR. I can't get any transport controls to work, and I can't get it to go to fullscreen.

I am able to use GB-PVR to record: however I am unable to view live tv. Does anyone have any success viewing live tv with the 1212 using GB-PVR?
post #191 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tom View Post

I wondered how you got the demuxer configured. I would be interested in knowing more details about what had to be configured in code, if you would like to say.

To be honest, I cheated. I let GBPVR do it because I was too lazy at the time. I do know how to do it though. I'll throw the code together for you late tonight or tomorrow. Wife's birthday is tonight and she doesn't know I'm on the computer right now. C# usin DirectShow.Net ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondja View Post

Originally from Hanson: Maybe I'm doing something wrong (EDIT -- I'm probably doing something wrong), but GBPVR doesn't work for me. Didn't work with HDHomerun and it's very wonky with HDPVR. I can't get any transport controls to work, and I can't get it to go to fullscreen.

I am able to use GB-PVR to record: however I am unable to view live tv. Does anyone have any success viewing live tv with the 1212 using GB-PVR?

There was a small issue with Live TV and there was a patch to fix it. I'll look for it and post a link.
post #192 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:

... I'll throw the code together for you late tonight or tomorrow. Wife's birthday is tonight and she doesn't know I'm on the computer right now. C# usin DirectShow.Net ok?...

That would be great - there's no big rush, no need to skimp on the wife's BD!
post #193 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:

I don't have that problem. Use its internal MPEG splitter, disable it's internal h.264 decoder, and CoreAVC Pro.

Holy crap! That totally worked!

Thanks. I wouldn't have figured that out for eons.

vladd, TIA.
post #194 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's the patch that fixes the no sound issue in GBPVR.http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...&postcount=188

I do know that there is another issue with the IR blaster but it's driver/hardware related. I use FireSTB to change channels instead.
post #195 of 3863 Old 09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

VLC will also let you play, but does not let you use any transport controls because the timecode is 0:00.

I really can't afford to buy SageTV right now.

Are you getting VLC to play 1080i? I can only get it to take 720p.

The Mod Squad: New vs. Classic TV Series Opening https://vimeo.com/63119329
post #196 of 3863 Old 09-09-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasst View Post

Are you getting VLC to play 1080i? I can only get it to take 720p.

I can't get 1080i to play smoothly, so my STB output is 720p. I can't tell the difference between the two resolutions, and I'm only getting blinder.
post #197 of 3863 Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sorry to crash this thread, but for you owners out there; what is the easiest (somewhat of an oxymoron with this device) way to cut out commercials and encode the h.264 .ts files this thing puts out?

Is it possible to generate an AviSynth script? (I'd like to use MeGUI)
post #198 of 3863 Old 09-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpodiem View Post

what is the easiest (somewhat of an oxymoron with this device) way to cut out commercials

h264ts_cutter for keyframe only cuts (no reencoding).

Quote:

and encode the h.264 .ts files this thing puts out?

Encode to what?

Quote:

Is it possible to generate an AviSynth script? (I'd like to use MeGUI)

DgAvcIndex and DgAvcDecode (AvcSource() in AviSynth).
post #199 of 3863 Old 09-09-2008, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

h264ts_cutter for keyframe only cuts (no reencoding)

no reencoding as in, if I make cuts with this, I can't use DgAvcIndex or DgAvcDecode, for the purpose of later encoding the 'cut' file?
post #200 of 3863 Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

no reencoding as in, if I make cuts with this, I can't use DgAvcIndex or DgAvcDecode, for the purpose of later encoding the 'cut' file?

Probably, but not a guarantee, DG is working on some upgrades to DGAVC currently, the main problem is libavcodec doesn't handle frames too well, and if the cuts aren't what it's expecting, it can totally bomb out the program. If you want to reencode and be pretty well assured of getting fairly good cuts on the commercials, the easiest(not necessarily the fastest) way is to run the recorded ts file through dgavcindex and let dgavcindex create an avs file for you and also demux the audio, then you can drop the avs file into megui and choose your settings, I highly recommend setting min-keyint to 1 on the encoder settings, I usually use one pass with cdr set at 18.0, which will pretty well assure you a keyframe(IDR) at nearly every commercial break. After encoding remux the audio and x264 encoded video back to a ts file, then use h264ts_cutter to cut out the commercials. Then you can keep that or mux the cut ts into an mkv, mp4, whatever container you like.

IF you want to get back to the original 24P stuff, I"ve had great luck on 1080i with
tfm(order=1).tdecimate().

and on 720 P
tdecimate(CycleR=3)

I normally set h264ts_cutter on CutIn on IDR and Cutout on any. I'm probably getting 90%+ perfect commercial cuts with this and the others have maybe just a glimpse of a commercial.
post #201 of 3863 Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:

Here's the patch that fixes the no sound issue in GBPVR.http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php...&postcount=188

I do know that there is another issue with the IR blaster but it's driver/hardware related. I use FireSTB to change channels instead.

Thank you...much appreciated I will try the patch.
post #202 of 3863 Old 09-10-2008, 01:08 AM
AVS Special Member

It has some issues but it will show you how to create the demux pins. Also, I was able to create them with a format that will allow both the Cyberlink and Arcsoft video decoders to connect. Uncomment or add the video decoder you want to use. This includes the DirectShow.Net Library and also the FilterGraphTools class.

If you get a black screen on playback, connect with graphedit, stop the graph then play it again. One of the issues but I'm just showing how to create the pins. I'll let someone else create a good player.

HDPVR Player.zip 473.8134765625k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip HDPVR Player.zip (473.8 KB, 27 views)
post #203 of 3863 Old 09-10-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:

It has some issues but it will show you how to create the demux pins. Also, I was able to create them with a format that will allow both the Cyberlink and Arcsoft video decoders to connect. Uncomment or add the video decoder you want to use. This includes the DirectShow.Net Library and also the FilterGraphTools class.

If you get a black screen on playback, connect with graphedit, stop the graph then play it again. One of the issues but I'm just showing how to create the pins. I'll let someone else create a good player.

Thanks, vladd. I had been working with a preview graph that I built around the properly configured demuxer scavenged from your original graph of months back. I did not find any way to get the preview to start the first time, so I coded in a double-tap (start-stop-sleep for 2 seconds-start again) and it seems like that always works. And when I look at the arcsoft capture module now, it sure looks to me like it's doing the same thing.

I was (will be) trying to make a preview&capture graph where either of the branches can be turned off on-the-fly, so we could cue up and start capturing while previewing, then shut off the preview and let it run. But I got bogged down trying to write the specialized T filter that I needed for that - I could never get it to connect at all for some reason. Maybe this will give me some clues as to where I was going wrong. WhenIf I get a chance to work on it some more.
post #204 of 3863 Old 09-10-2008, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tom View Post

I was (will be) trying to make a preview&capture graph where either of the branches can be turned off on-the-fly, so we could cue up and start capturing while previewing, then shut off the preview and let it run. But I got bogged down trying to write the specialized T filter that I needed for that - I could never get it to connect at all for some reason. Maybe this will give me some clues as to where I was going wrong. WhenIf I get a chance to work on it some more.

I haven't tried it but you should be able to stick an InfTee between the encoder an the demuxer. I'm pretty sure it can handle the bitrate. Oh and the "license" for my code is that if anyone figures out how to set the speaker channel output on the ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD programmatically, they have to tell me.
post #205 of 3863 Old 09-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:

I haven't tried it but you should be able to stick an InfTee between the encoder an the demuxer. I'm pretty sure it can handle the bitrate. Oh and the "license" for my code is that if anyone figures out how to set the speaker channel output on the ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD programmatically, they have to tell me.

I expect that should work - but I want a custom interface in my T filter to stop or start the flow of data on the individual output pins.

PS I accept your license terms - though that's not an issue I had on my list.
post #206 of 3863 Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I appreciate the code vladd, and everyone else who's contributed code. I never could get smooth playback on my Vista box, but studying the code sure has taught me a lot. I'm working on a project that will create a batch file that will record a program using rcTVCap, index it with DGAVCIndex, create an appropriate AVS file to encode from and then mux the final encode with tsmuxer to allow for editing with h264ts_cutter(the only part that has to be done by hand).

I finally figured out how to just call the property page of the Hauppauge Encoder in a quick fashion.

Once again, thanks to all the contributions, I have fallen in love with the C# language, and I'm still just blown away that Microsoft is giving away such a powerful app for free.
post #207 of 3863 Old 09-13-2008, 01:38 PM

Sorry if i sound ignorant but i really am.

just put together a PC with the new G45 intel chip and everything is great. got up the guts to spend the money on the HDPVR and follow step by step on how to install and well it seems to install just fine now onto my problem.

I hit capture and it captures great. tried to encode to MPEG4 for youtube and everything works fine. (using default everything).

try again today (2 days later than the first time) and goto capture and everything works great stop capturing try to capture a second video and BSOD.

I get the BSOD on every second capture. I have tried it 10+ times and still the same thing. so then i tried to deinstall and reinstall thinking maybe there was a faulty installation and still the same result. on the second capture i get a BSOD.

I am using the Asus G45 mobo (P5Q-EM) and Vista Ultimate64

here is what windows wanted to check for a solution after a BSOD. dont know if it means anything to you guys but just in case.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   BlueScreen
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode:       19
  BCP1: 0000000000000020
  BCP2: FFFFF88007D62220
  BCP3: FFFFF88007D62240
  BCP4: 0000000005020122
  OS Version:   6_0_6001
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product:      256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\\Windows\\Minidump\\Mini091308-05.dmp
  C:\\Users\\Korey\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\WER-59217-0.sysdata.xml
  C:\\Users\\Korey\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\WER9A2C.tmp.version.txt
post #208 of 3863 Old 09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anybody else seen a property page that looks like this on the Encoder Property page?
post #209 of 3863 Old 09-14-2008, 12:57 AM

I'm attempting to use the Arcsoft codec in Beyond TV for playing H.264 content. I specifically want to be able to use my ATI 3650HD graphic card to process the video output and reduce the load on my PC's CPU. According to the notes on Arcsoft's web page they don't support ATI hardware until version 2.1.x.113 of Total Media Theater. The only available and most current version of this application on their web page is 2.1.6.120. My entire machine crashes hard with a display device driver error (and sometimes must be manually reset) when I use the version (2.1.x.108) that came with my HD-PVR with hardware acceleration enabled.

When I update my Arcsoft applications a message pops up saying there are no updates available. I've manually downloaded Arcsoft's most recent version of Total Media Theater, version 2.1.6.120 and when installing I receive a message saying that I do not have a upgradeable version of the application on my machine.

Have Arcsoft and Hauppauge simply not updated the HD-PVR companion software since version 2.1.x.108 which came out early this year, even though multiple stand alone versions of the software apps have been released by Arcsoft since then? Has anyone been successful updating their Arcsoft applications?
post #210 of 3863 Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbear View Post

I'm attempting to use the Arcsoft codec in Beyond TV for playing H.264 content. I specifically want to be able to use my ATI 3650HD graphic card to process the video output and reduce the load on my PC's CPU...

I have done this with BTV at CPU usage of less than 20% with HD PVR.

Read my posts of 9-13-08 and 9-14-08 on the screenshot HD PVR thread for details. Make sure you have the current 8.8 or later ATI Catalyst Drivers and Control Center. I had to search AGP Catalyst 8.8 Hot fix for my old single core BTV link Athalon 2.8+ computer.

I am out of town until tommorrow. My dual core Athalon 64x 6000+ BTV server has a pci-x 3650 as well. I will check it out on this when I get home.

Currently I used the BTV server to record from various inputs and write disks from. Playback and watching live tv (including HD PVR channels) is done from the link machines. With HD PVR files or live TV the BTV link AMD 2.8+ single core generally works well without stuttering but occassionaly I have some problems. This is probably because the CPU on the link machine is under powered even thought it is only working at less than 20%. OTA, basic cable, and QAM cause me no problems. The CPU for these is somewhat higher on the link machine but the total computer and video board usage for Mpeg 2 of these files is not as demanding.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Hauppauge 1212 Hd Pvr High Definition Personal Video Recorder