post #241 of 3862 Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokwokabc View Post

I have some thoughts on what might be going on. The current Ambarella chip doesn't officially support AC3 from the digital audio input. They can't take 6 channel AC3 and convert it to 6 channel AAC. Or they can't properly multiplex AC3 along with the h.264 video. But bits is bits. Ambarella may have worked out a kludge where the AC3 can just be passed unprocessed through to the computer along with the h.264 encoded video. Then it becomes the computer's job (driver? ArcSoft capture module?) to figure out that it's AC3 rather than AAC or PCM and handle it properly. Since nobody at Hauppauge knows much about video and audio processing they're having trouble figuring out how to handle this (at best it's been given to some junior programmer while senior level programmers work on something else). Or they're waiting for Ambarella and/or ArcSoft to figure it out.

If that's the case, I, the_tom, rebkell or several others could come up with a solution REALLY quick if they gave us the chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 3862 Old 09-25-2008, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well there might be a glimmer of hope. From the SHSPVR site 5.1 audio capable driver - ETA? thread:

"Hopely if all gose well you may see new beta perhaps tomorrow or sometime next week."

Posted by SHS. First post in the thread since 9/17. Who knows. Maybe soon.
post #243 of 3862 Old 09-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextoo View Post

Well there might be a glimmer of hope. From the SHSPVR site 5.1 audio capable driver - ETA? thread:

"Hopely if all gose well you may see new beta perhaps tomorrow or sometime next week."

"New Beta", not new version driver. (As in you have to be in the Beta group)
post #244 of 3862 Old 09-25-2008, 02:33 PM

Slightly off topic, I just recently saved a Peter Frampton HD Concert to TS file. I would like to take some of the concert with me in the form of mp3 on my mp3 player to listen to in my car. What would you guys recommend for me to pull that audio from the TS file? I've got basic computer knowledge so keep it basic for me. Thanks.

War 5.1 drivers by the end of the month.
post #245 of 3862 Old 09-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

For those who dont' know SHS's site, a link to the post:

http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?...56461#msg56461
post #246 of 3862 Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletpole View Post

Slightly off topic, I just recently saved a Peter Frampton HD Concert to TS file. I would like to take some of the concert with me in the form of mp3 on my mp3 player to listen to in my car. What would you guys recommend for me to pull that audio from the TS file? I've got basic computer knowledge so keep it basic for me...

If I wanted to do that, I'd start by trying a two step process: 1. use tsmuxer to extract the aac audio stream into a file 2. use DAudioK to convert that file to MP3.

Others have reported some success using megui for audio conversions of these captures (i.e. step 2), but it always crashed when I tried it.

I'm not going to be able to give you step-by-step, but if you google for those tools, and/or look for guides on videohelp, you may be able to find what you need.

FWIW, I don't think you're OT, as a HDPVR owner wanting to discuss processing files that you capture, I think you're perfectly on-topic.
post #247 of 3862 Old 09-25-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wokwokabc View Post

I have some thoughts on what might be going on. The current Ambarella chip doesn't officially support AC3 from the digital audio input. They can't take 6 channel AC3 and convert it to 6 channel AAC. Or they can't properly multiplex AC3 along with the h.264 video. ...

It's been a while since I read the A2's spec sheet, but I thought it said that although it can only digitize and encode 2ch on-chip, it can accept 5.1 digital audio from an external encoder chip and mux it with the video. Can we expect them to have problems getting good lip-sync?

Maybe the 5.1 update of the HDPVR will come in the form of a mainboard swap, using an Ambarella A3 chip with native 5.1 support
post #248 of 3862 Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

For those who may have missed this. Here is an August update from an Amazon review of the 1212. I bolded the part I found interesting. As far as I'm concerned bring on the 5.1 beta. Making it work using TSmuxer is fine with me.

August update...
Ok been doing alot of capturing, have made 40 dual layer DVDs for blu ray playback and 10 dual layers for HD DVD playback. the video qua;ity is great if you keep it above 7.8 bitrate, only major drawback is no 5.1DD audio, I am now Beta tesing the 5.1DD audio driver right now, wow this makes a huge difference with the sound. Problems still, wont work with the arch software yet, sync problems, but works with TSmuxer. There seems to be heat related issues with some boxes, mine stays on 7, 10, 15 hours at a time never gets overly warm and never locks up. I have done well over 100 captures with this device. Having an Lg blu ray burner and blanks getting below $8 each, this might be the future for capturing and buring HD content at the PVR's full 13.2 to 20.0 bitrate in the future. If hauppauge can just tweak this 5.1DD driver a bit more I think this will be a great little device.

From here: Amazon review
post #249 of 3862 Old 09-27-2008, 10:38 PM

has anyone tried to use thier HDPVR to stream video over the internet yet?

i have tried ustream and thier built in player recognizes the device but won't play the video from it. so then i tried a few independant webcam software solutions (manycam,webcammax) and those recognize the device as well but arent able to connect either. everything i have tried says that the device is in use by another proogram but i cant for the life of me figure out what that program is.

any advice?

ps vista ultimate 32bit if that makes any difference.
post #250 of 3862 Old 09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

For those who may have missed this. Here is an August update from an Amazon review of the 1212. I bolded the part I found interesting. As far as I'm concerned bring on the 5.1 beta. Making it work using TSmuxer is fine with me.

August update...
Ok been doing alot of capturing, have made 40 dual layer DVDs for blu ray playback and 10 dual layers for HD DVD playback. the video qua;ity is great if you keep it above 7.8 bitrate, only major drawback is no 5.1DD audio, I am now Beta tesing the 5.1DD audio driver right now, wow this makes a huge difference with the sound. Problems still, wont work with the arch software yet, sync problems, but works with TSmuxer. There seems to be heat related issues with some boxes, mine stays on 7, 10, 15 hours at a time never gets overly warm and never locks up. I have done well over 100 captures with this device. Having an Lg blu ray burner and blanks getting below $8 each, this might be the future for capturing and buring HD content at the PVR's full 13.2 to 20.0 bitrate in the future. If hauppauge can just tweak this 5.1DD driver a bit more I think this will be a great little device.

From here: Amazon review

If that's the only thing holding up the 5.1 driver, I say we should all send an email to hauppauge and tell them we don't care about the ArcSoft problem. I doubt many actually use the ArcSoft software anyway. Most of us are using GBPVR/SageTV/BeyondTV/RecordThis/rcCap or an app of our own making.
post #251 of 3862 Old 09-28-2008, 07:11 PM

Actually vladd, I care quite a bit about the Arcsoft software. I'm using SageTV for my PVR solution with a pair of HDPVR's, and the Arcsoft decoder is the only h.264 decoder that I've been able to get to work halfway decently with SageTV. If you know of another h.264 that works well with SageTV, please let me know.
Thanks.
post #252 of 3862 Old 09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I'm hoping bug fixes and addition of 5.1 sound make the files play properly in FFDshow and other codecs, so Arcsoft becomes a non-issue. Perhaps that's just a pipe-dream though
post #253 of 3862 Old 09-28-2008, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladd View Post

Most of us are using GBPVR/SageTV/BeyondTV/RecordThis/rcCap or an app of our own making.

I'd guess 1 in 100,000 Americans could correctly define any one of those terms, around 1 in 100 HD-PVR 1212 owners own and use one, and less than 1 in ten people who have posted in this thread already own and use one. "Most"?

As of right now, 56 people have posted to this thread, "most" would mean 29 or more people here use one of those. I doubt you could even find half still of that, 14 or more posts, that mention they use one of them. Find me 14 posts to prove me wrong and I'll do a self humiliation loser dance for all and bow down to your wisdom.

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #254 of 3862 Old 09-28-2008, 11:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticon View Post

Actually vladd, I care quite a bit about the Arcsoft software. I'm using SageTV for my PVR solution with a pair of HDPVR's, and the Arcsoft decoder is the only h.264 decoder that I've been able to get to work halfway decently with SageTV. If you know of another h.264 that works well with SageTV, please let me know.
Thanks.

I said the software (TotalMedia), not the decoders. The decoders work just fine with H.264/5.1 audio (think BD playback).

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post

I'd guess 1 in 100,000 Americans could correctly define any one of those terms, around 1 in 100 HD-PVR 1212 owners own and use one, and less than 1 in ten people who have posted in this thread already own and use one. "Most"?

As of right now, 56 people have posted to this thread, "most" would mean 29 or more people here use one of those. I doubt you could even find half still of that, 14 or more posts, that mention they use one of them. Find me 14 posts to prove me wrong and I'll do a self humiliation loser dance for all and bow down to your wisdom.

Thanks for setting me straight with "real" figures. I guess 2 channel audio is good enough for the majority for now then.
post #255 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 12:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Find me 14 posts to prove me wrong.

Sorry, had to do it (my Marty McFly syndrome).
  1. the_tom: His own creation
  2. me: GBPVR
  3. rebkell: playing around with C#
  4. openaddy: Graphedit (post 73)
  5. Rhack1: SageTV (post 212)
  6. erineyes: BTV (post 213)
  7. ecoli: MP (post 218)
  8. Apap: SageTV (post 187)
  9. bondja: GBPVR (post 190)
  10. nwbear: BTV (post 209)
  11. gorthocar: SageTV (post 158)
  12. mces97: Graphedit (post 165)
  13. skepticon: SageTV
  14. Olias88: SageTV (post 17)
  15. Hanson: was testing with GBPVR
  16. davewou: SageTV (post 21)
Posters lost in server crash:
  1. hubick: SageTV
  2. JJamez: rcTVCap
  3. ARogan: rcTVCap
  4. AllenDB: RecordThis
And of course there is SHS (SageTV) who didn't post to this thread but whose site is referenced multiple times.
There have also been 20 downloads of the C# example capture code.
post #256 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Does anybody use x64 here? If yes, how are you recording? The Arcsoft capture app works for me, but it's obviously not great (or is there a way to at least mute it, while it's recording?)
I tried rcTVCap which errors out (class not registered). I was able to built a graph with the 32 bit version of graphedt, using 32 bit filters, but that's about it.

Do I have to go back to 32 bit for this (I've been using x64 for more than 2 years now...)?
post #257 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Quote:

Sorry, had to do it (my Marty McFly syndrome).
  1. the_tom: His own creation
  2. me: GBPVR
  3. rebkell: playing around with C#
  4. openaddy: Graphedit (post 73)
  5. Rhack1: SageTV (post 212)
  6. erineyes: BTV (post 213)
  7. ecoli: MP (post 218)
  8. Apap: SageTV (post 187)
  9. bondja: GBPVR (post 190)
  10. nwbear: BTV (post 209)
  11. gorthocar: SageTV (post 158)
  12. mces97: Graphedit (post 165)
  13. skepticon: SageTV
  14. Olias88: SageTV (post 17)
  15. Hanson: was testing with GBPVR
  16. davewou: SageTV (post 21)
Posters lost in server crash:
  1. hubick: SageTV
  2. JJamez: rcTVCap
  3. ARogan: rcTVCap
  4. AllenDB: RecordThis

You win, I lose. [Maybe I should have held you to 29 or more posts. hmm...]

Anyway, thanks for being a good sport. As promised:

"I, one m. zillch, do solemnly declare that I was wrong and I am a loser. Further more, I bow down to and respect vladd's great wisdom."

Here is, er, me doing the loser dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjI_IK1D64

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass any more than we get to pick the ending of a play. High fidelity is an unbiased, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original source's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..

post #258 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You win, I lose. [Maybe I should have held you to 29 or more posts. hmm...]

Anyway, thanks for being a good sport. As promised:

"I, one m. zillch, do solemnly declare that I was wrong and I am a loser. Further more, I bow down to and respect vladd's great wisdom."

Here is, er, me doing the loser dance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRjI_IK1D64

Loved the stretching warmup. And yeah, I would have been in trouble if you held me to the 29.
post #259 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico66 View Post

Does anybody use x64 here? If yes, how are you recording? The Arcsoft capture app works for me, but it's obviously not great (or is there a way to at least mute it, while it's recording?)
I tried rcTVCap which errors out (class not registered). I was able to built a graph with the 32 bit version of graphedt, using 32 bit filters, but that's about it.

Do I have to go back to 32 bit for this (I've been using x64 for more than 2 years now...)?

Sorry, don't use 64 bit but I've got some parts coming today for a new build. If you give me a day or two, I can throw 64 on it and test.
post #260 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Sorry, don't use 64 bit but I've got some parts coming today for a new build. If you give me a day or two, I can throw 64 on it and test.

That'll be great. I'll probably install x86 in another partition to see where I end up there (though I hope that's only temporary)
post #261 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 02:42 PM

Liked: 14
FYI, this was posted in the other HD PVR thread but I didn't see it mentioned here:

Beta 5.1 audio drivers:
http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=11718.0

I'm going to try my best and MAKE time to try these out tonight. If these work out, I might be ordering my second HD PVR.
post #262 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARogan View Post

FYI, this was posted in the other HD PVR thread but I didn't see it mentioned here:

Beta 5.1 audio drivers:
http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=11718.0

I'm going to try my best and MAKE time to try these out tonight. If these work out, I might be ordering my second HD PVR.

It works. I installed the beta driver. Captured some content and in Tsmuxer the audio is reported as AC3 with 6 channels.

So far so good. Now I just have to figure out how to burn it to DVD for playback in a blu-ray player - without using TME for burning.

Any suggestions anyone?
post #263 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 04:21 PM

They don't work for me! I installed them and now TME won't see the device at all. I rebooted comp and device, still no go. Rolled back to the old 1.0b drivers and the device shows up. I am running vista 64 bit. I will be emailing haupaugge shortly................Brian
post #264 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Well here's a followup on my previous post. Running XP SP2.

I captured 5 mins and used Tsmuxer to create a BD disc. Burned the resulting BDMV and Certificate folders to DVD using Imageburn. It worked! The DVD is playing in my BD player and my yammy HTR-6090 is reporting 5.1 sound. Sounds great.

Not sure about any A/V sync issues yet. Only captured 5 mins of a baseball game on espn. But so far so good.

Very happy. But it is early.
post #265 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
No-go here as well. Installed, TME sees the 1212, but capture fails/does not respond.

Vizio M801D-A3

JimK

post #266 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

My first capture failed as well. But I did not restart my PC. Once I did a restart everything on the capture side worked fine.
post #267 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by --Sclaws View Post

No-go here as well. Installed, TME sees the 1212, but capture fails/does not respond.

Seems to be working ok here, I tried a few minutes of Wicker Man on HBO and it reported AC3 at 2.0 Channels, but it doesn't seem to be having any problem. Channel changing is taking longer to sync the screen up on the pass-thru, I see Lost Signal before the picture clicks in. I'm only using analog on pass through though, I've got Analog In and Optical in for the audio. The recording I made definitely reported it as AC3, I'm using Arogan's rcTVCap program for recording. Haven't tried TME, probably won't, I used it for playback it was fine.
post #268 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 PM

Can someone please post a link to the beta driver hdpvr1.0.3.53beta.zip. the link posted does not seem to be working.
post #269 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Perfect timing! Season Premiere of Dexter last night, and was in the process of recording from HR-21 to HD-DVR when I saw this update and stopped it. Installed, rebooted, TME saw the device, preview in AC3 3/2 sounds fine, now recording.

EDIT: The link from above is working fine here, just checked it. Direct link: ftp://ftp.shspvr.com/download/wintv-...0.3.53beta.zip
post #270 of 3862 Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mces97 View Post

Can someone please post a link to the beta driver hdpvr1.0.3.53beta.zip. the link posted does not seem to be working.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14953859...0.3.53beta.zip
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Hauppauge 1212 Hd Pvr High Definition Personal Video Recorder

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page