*Official* Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 thread - Page 320 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9571 of 9571 Old 10-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The board is very modern, it is an Asrock FM2A85X Exteme 6. For the video, it just seems to run much smoother with the HD6670 as the primary graphics adapter rather than the integrated Radeon HD70xx gpu. I have had nothing but problems with TotalMedia Theater, am using PowerDvd 14. With TotalMedia theater (ver.5 and Ver.6, the total media 3 that came with the card never installed properly at all) all analog audio disappeared once a BluRay disc that was in Dolby true HD or DTS MA was played. In that system though, on the analog side, the Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe provides vastly superior analog audio over the Realtek ALC889 analog outs (fed into a Marantz 5 channel power amp and Mirage Omni series speakers)...will be futzing around with it this evening..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slosh View Post
I have the HDAV1.3 Slim in my old PC with a Radeon HD4670 AGP HDMI card (no AGP cards can bitstream TrueHD/DTS MA, hence the Xonar). Anyway, I'm assuming your Deluxe will work the same as the Slim via HDMI. Bitstreaming TrueHD/DTS MA and lossy DD/DTS will be no problem if you use TotalMedia Theatre, but, all other formats will depend on how you set up the Xonar control panel. That is, if you set up 192 KHz 7.1 channel with the Xonar control panel all PCM sources, including stereo, will be 192 KHz 7.1 channel.

There is a work-around for stereo music. You set your music player's sound device to Xonar HDAV1.3 S/PDIF WASAPI (even though you're really using HDMI) and then 44.1, 48, 96, and 192 KHz stereo will be bit-perfect. 88.2 gets resampled to 96 and 176.4 gets resampled to 192 KHz. While that isn't ideal to my ears the resampling is totally transparent.

That being said I would save myself the headache and just use your GPU or APU. In my more modern PCs I just use HDMI via Intel HD4600 integrated graphics and everything is bit-perfect, regardless of codec and/or channels.

Last edited by vcrpro3; 10-29-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Asus , Nvidia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page