Forum Jump: 

post #1141 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey, no problem, I don't think anyone really expected it to fix everything

So unless Asus are testing using a Yamaha, I think it is safe to say this new set of software hasn't even been tested internally.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by myAV View Post

So, other than those fixable minor issues what prevents you from saying this is a perfect card for HTPC users? Again, a piece advice for frustrated users.

Again, no bitstreaming and no 24p support and no Vista support are hardly minor issues.

And you're making a leap to say they are software fixable. A recent example is the G35, where they removed 24p support and never added it back because the hardware simply couldn't do it. It wasn't fixable in software.

You're a bolder person than I am to buy hardware that has no indication the core functionality works at all. Especially in the HTPC world, where it seems these vendors are regularly pumping out hardware and then abandoning it for the next generation, leaving us early adopters paying to be beta/alpha testers.

TiVo is on it's way out - stream everything!
post #1143 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post

Ok, shock horror but these new drivers seem to be a backwards step if anything.
  1. The Overbright Video is still present on my Intel G35 chipset, not surprising as this wasn't being addressed but I thought i would make the observation.
  2. DD True-HD still reverts to LPCM, whether it is no longer downsampled or not I can't say.
  3. DTS-MA doesn't Bitstream any more, I get either complete silence with my receiver claiming 'no signal' or a loud buzzing noise and my receiver claiming LPCM 2.1
  4. TMT sound menu is slightly different with the removing of the '192khz Downsampling' tickbox which I seem to remember Jason_Arcsoft claiming was redundant anyway.

Makes you wonder why these Beta drivers are released when such common hardware has obvious issues? I wonder if one of our Denon owning friends can shed some light on these new software updates?

No change in my position right now, looks like it is going to be a slow road to Vista Bitstream Nirvana

Adam

Adam,
I am very sorry.I didn't get a chance to test these new drivers. As soon as I got the driver CD last night I uploaded it thinking about you guys were waiting for new drivers. But I received a few calls on my cell phone even before I got home from the office today saying that the Asus software engineer had mistakenly put the wrong audio driver with the right version of TMT.This is a pure mistake and I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this wrong driver version. I will have the correct driver at the beginning of next week since tomorrow being Sunday.But Monday might be declared a holiday here because a typhoon is set to sweep across Taiwan.Anyway I will upload it as soon as I get my hands on it.Just one thing, this version of TMT is working properly and you guys can still use the old driver and listen to nondownsampling LPCM audio or DTS HD MA and DD+ tracks via streaming. Once again sorry for the mistake.
post #1144 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:

Adam,
I am very sorry.I didn't get a chance to test these new drivers. As soon as I got the driver CD last night I uploaded it thinking about you guys were waiting for new drivers. But I received a few calls on my cell phone even before I got home from the office today saying that the Asus software engineer had mistakenly put the wrong audio driver with the right version of TMT.This is a pure mistake and I apologize for the inconvenience caused by this wrong driver version. I will have the correct driver at the beginning of next week since tomorrow being Sunday.But Monday might be declared a holiday here because a typhoon is set to sweep across Taiwan.Anyway I will upload it as soon as I get my hands on it.Just one thing, this version of TMT is working properly and you guys can still use the old driver and listen to nondownsampling LPCM audio or DTS HD MA and DD+ tracks via streaming. Once again sorry for the mistake.

Thanks for all the help myAV i shall wait till you upload the new driver before giving this a test with my Xonar and my Denon 3808, I will have to sort another hard drive out as i went back to vista after my initial tests showed the Xonar working in XP and bitstreaming OK.

Look Forward to the newer drivers Thanks again.
post #1145 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi247 View Post

Thanks for all the help myAV i shall wait till you upload the new driver before giving this a test with my Xonar and my Denon 3808, I will have to sort another hard drive out as i went back to vista after my initial tests showed the Xonar working in XP and bitstreaming OK.

Look Forward to the newer drivers Thanks again.

You can still get the new working TMT version included in this driver package.
post #1146 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 09:32 AM

Bugger. I'm getting: Due to heavy load on FileFlyer servers in your area, the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Could someone upload the new package to another server pls?
post #1147 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 10:18 AM

For Adam:

my card still laying on my table [waiting for good drivers and than want to install Vista]. But I would like to know how do you bitstream DD a DTS from non DVD films aka avi, mkv atc... Is there any possibility to tell xonar to pass S/PDIF signal to HDMI, or do you have conected S/PDIF as well?

Thanks in advance.

For nephster:
New link with new package (HDAV1.3 NEW RELEASE UPDATE(HDAV-080926-8.17.49(XP3264-RC-01)):
http://rapidshare.com/files/148870008/Xonar.zip.html

Kamil
post #1148 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

No problem it didn't take long to find out. I'll revert back when I get the opportunity, I am off out for some beers now

Adam
post #1149 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post

MyAv, don't feel disheartened or concern yourself, it is the nature of these forums to build something up to ludicrous proportions and then tear it back down. Currently the Auzentech will be the panacea for all the world's woes. Curse those foolish Asus peeps for even trying.

Personally I've found the card to be stable, reliable and works, at least for I need for. It has issues, but no more so than anything else and I'm sure with some time the situation will improve. One look at the Power thread, Arcsoft, IntelsG35/G45, Ati, Nvida threads will show a multitude of problems that have yet to be resolved to almost anyone's satisfaction.

I for one, would like to thank you very much for all the information you have provided and hope perhaps you will continue to provide a little extra insight from time to time if possible.

I second this! Kudos to MyAV for his efforts, I mean, read the first ten pages of this thread, everybody asking, sometimes "demanding" test results from him.
post #1150 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkc View Post

myAv,

I hear you and if I may I like to voice out my 2 cents below.

First, your 1st AVS review about this card here definitely make a big interest to so many people. Unfortunately, we are deal with HTPC and we all have different components inside and it will make different outcome sometime from one to another. However, no offense, your tone and positive review and not to mention all your secret driver and tips from Taiwan Asus make it this card like XP plug & play and work right away and Vista just a matter of couple of weeks. Now, few weeks pass by and except you and may be few or someone work but did not come forward, all I can say is nothing but disaster from driver and outcome point of views. 2nd, it clearly is a BIG mistake to me that a company like Asus will releasing something today and not work in Vista and "Vista driver coming soon" and not to mention they release everywhere else but not in US. This clearly indicate to me that they know or don't know how big of the problem before release but base on they are not releasing in US after rest of world, I strongly believe they realized the problem now, right?

But none of less, with your previous review here, it probably make tons of people line up to buy the card instead of some people will think twice. I am not moderator here but I sincerely hope you can think twice next time when you post your review and not to official saying something for Asus. I have been thinking for a while and I asked you before and I did think that you worked for Asus.

Wow, that's a (partly) moronly statement if I ever saw one.
Because MyAv was enthousiastic about this card and people bought it because if his lauding this card? That's turning it upside down. How about personal responsibility? You really sound like a spoiled child. I notice that you're an "advanced member" What exactly does "advanced" mean in this case?? LOL. Maybe you could consider suing him?
post #1151 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post

You can get LPCM 7.1 from any number of far cheaper solutions. And TMT + LPCM + Asus = molested audio still, just like the $50 solutions out there (like the 4550).

This card is pointless until it:
1) Supports Vista fully
2) Supports all bitstream formats, and unmolested LPCM 7.1
3) Supports 24p passthrough
4) Doesn't touch HD video (unless you want it to)

Right now, it gets a 0% on all 4 points.

You reallly start repeating yourself now. I mean you're entitled to your opinion and your wasted time imho, but is seems rather pointless to me to react with the same arguments every time over, when someone posts with an opininion being not yours.
post #1152 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

No idea I am afraid. I don't have any files like that and probably never will. I just use my HTPC for BD watching.

Adam
post #1153 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 11:12 AM

Thanks Kamil! For dts/dd from files in XP, I am using AC3Filter to pass the audio (it is set up for spdif but works over hdmi). For non-dts/dd audio I have the Xonar convert to 7.1 and hence my receiver displays multichannel as it is receiving all 8 channels; for dts/dd the amp converts 2 channel to THX Neural 7.1 and 5.1 to THX Ultra2.
In Vista, you go into the sound options in control panel and there are settings for the audio device to tell Vista your amp can decode dts, dd, and wma9 if your amp can handle that.
post #1154 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilbok View Post

For Adam:

my card still laying on my table [waiting for good drivers and than want to install Vista]. But I would like to know how do you bitstream DD a DTS from non DVD films aka avi, mkv atc... Is there any possibility to tell xonar to pass S/PDIF signal to HDMI, or do you have conected S/PDIF as well?

Thanks in advance.

Kamil

I use KMplayer and xonar for the .mkv files to bitstream DTS and DD in windows xp. Xonar is setup the same way as it is when I bitstream with Totalmedia player, totalmedia is set to hdmi out.

Guide for KMplayer setup you can find Here , Start from 25 and ignore rest. My only problem with this so far is that I have to deselect spdif in kmplayer everytime before running a .mkv file, or my computer will reboot.
post #1155 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marflow View Post

I use KMplayer and xonar for the .mkv files to bitstream DTS and DD in windows xp. Xonar is setup the same way as it is when I bitstream with Totalmedia player, totalmedia is set to hdmi out.

Guide for KMplayer setup you can find Here , Start from 25 and ignore rest. My only problem with this so far is that I have to deselect spdif in kmplayer everytime before running a .mkv file, or my computer will reboot.

Thanks for info. Didn't you try BSplayer, if it is via AC3filter, it works flawless.

Kamil
post #1156 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arttext View Post

You reallly start repeating yourself now. I mean you're entitled to your opinion and your wasted time imho, but is seems rather pointless to me to react with the same arguments every time over, when someone posts with an opininion being not yours.

It's pretty objective information. And it's misleading to say these are "minor issues" when they are huge, show-stopping issues. I'm doing a service to anyone else reading this thread that might not understand the details.

Right now, this card serves no purpose as it doesn't perform any of the functions it's supposed to perform. Whether that's fixable in software or not has yet to be seen.

TiVo is on it's way out - stream everything!
post #1157 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 01:49 PM

Update to previous tests i did with the Xonar and XP.

I installed the new 'TEST' version of TMT along with the beta drivers from the asus website, Thanks to myAV for pointing oit that the drivers included in the new files are broke so just use the new test TMT.

OK heres what i found with my Xonar and Denon 3808.

1. DTS-HD master audio still bitstreams 100%
2. DTS-HD high resolution same as above 100%
3. Dolby Digital Plus (+) still bitstreams 100%
4. Dolby TrueHD TMT converts to LPCM bad news it still downsamples LPCM

I am afraid that LPCM is still going through the windows mixer as i adjusted the speaker icon volume level the sound through TMT adjusted accordingly.

This does not happen with bitstream if you adjust the speaker icon sound level, Bitstream is unaffected and stays at the preset volume of your amp.

The good news is that the 15 day time limit with TMT has now gone, So if myAV can get the correct drivers uploaded this week we are getting closer.

we just need TrueHD bitstream, 1080p/24hz, added Brightness gone and of course Vista drivers.
post #1158 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 01:53 PM

Major bummer considering the market's been looking for a solution here for a couple of years. I guess we'll keep waiting.

A bad movie at 1080p is still a bad movie. Content, content, content.
post #1159 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's pretty objective information. And it's misleading to say these are "minor issues" when they are huge, show-stopping issues.

I agree. How could they release this card without the above working at least in their system with the software they packaged?

If they know it is not working, what is the point to release this card in the first place??

HDPLEX
post #1160 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 05:56 PM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymzy View Post

I agree. How could they release this card without the above working at least in their system with the software they packaged?

If they know it is not working, what is the point to release this card in the first place??

With the exception of Taiwan and the UK, the card has not been released. I suspect the UK release was accidental, since it was not released anywhere else on the planet (other than Taiwan, which is basically a large beta center for ASUS).
post #1161 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM

Liked: 147
The other HDAV1.3 thread says there was a mixup with that beta driver set. A new link will be posted on Monday if the Typhoon does not strike Taiwan. Tuesday if it does.
post #1162 of 9535 Old 09-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:

Right now, this card serves no purpose as it doesn't perform any of the functions it's supposed to perform..

Did you just say "ANY"? then, This must be the funniest post in this thred.
post #1163 of 9535 Old 09-28-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

The other HDAV1.3 thread says there was a mixup with that beta driver set. A new link will be posted on Monday if the Typhoon does not strike Taiwan. Tuesday if it does.

That's a good thing to know that it is in progress
post #1164 of 9535 Old 09-28-2008, 01:24 AM

Quote:

You can still get the new working TMT version included in this driver package.

will this TMT Version ever be available for all HTPC-Users?! What makes it defferent to the "normal" release?! Are "normal" releases still downsampling while this does not?!

Thanks for your work,
Greetings, Michael
post #1165 of 9535 Old 09-28-2008, 02:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi247 View Post

Update to previous tests i did with the Xonar and XP.

I installed the new 'TEST' version of TMT along with the beta drivers from the asus website, Thanks to myAV for pointing oit that the drivers included in the new files are broke so just use the new test TMT.

OK heres what i found with my Xonar and Denon 3808.

1. DTS-HD master audio still bitstreams 100%
2. DTS-HD high resolution same as above 100%
3. Dolby Digital Plus (+) still bitstreams 100%
4. Dolby TrueHD TMT converts to LPCM bad news it still downsamples LPCM

I am afraid that LPCM is still going through the windows mixer as i adjusted the speaker icon volume level the sound through TMT adjusted accordingly.

This does not happen with bitstream if you adjust the speaker icon sound level, Bitstream is unaffected and stays at the preset volume of your amp.

The good news is that the 15 day time limit with TMT has now gone, So if myAV can get the correct drivers uploaded this week we are getting closer.

we just need TrueHD bitstream, 1080p/24hz, added Brightness gone and of course Vista drivers.

AFAIK even with AACS compliant downsampling removed as had been done in this latest version of TMT it will still go through windows mixer. TMT have never said anything about adding exclusive mode. This is as good as it is going to get with LPCM until they add exclusive mode. In fairness I don't think anyone will hear the difference.

Adam
post #1166 of 9535 Old 09-28-2008, 02:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingernst View Post

will this TMT Version ever be available for all HTPC-Users?! What makes it defferent to the "normal" release?! Are "normal" releases still downsampling while this does not?!

Thanks for your work,
Greetings, Michael

Yes but only with the HDAV in your PC (PAP!)
post #1167 of 9535 Old 09-28-2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:

Yes but only with the HDAV in your PC (PAP!)

sorry I don´t understand

Normales Releases would not downsample too (like the Asus Version) when someone uses the Asus card, because it has PAP (which no other card seems to have)?!
post #1168 of 9535 Old 09-28-2008, 03:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingernst View Post

sorry I don´t understand

Normales Releases would not downsample too (like the Asus Version) when someone uses the Asus card, because it has PAP (which no other card seems to have)?!

The way I understand it, the HDAV/Asus version of TMT will not downsample if it recognises PAP enabled hardware in your HTPC (which at the moment is only the HDAV). If you put the HDAV/Asus version of TMT on a PC without the correct PAP enabled hardware it will still downsample.

Any other release of TMT will still downsample regardless of what hardware you have.

Adam
post #1169 of 9535 Old 09-28-2008, 04:15 AM

ok flac is the answer I understand
post #1170 of 9535 Old 09-28-2008, 04:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The way I understand it, the HDAV/Asus version of TMT will not downsample if it recognises PAP enabled hardware in your HTPC (which at the moment is only the HDAV). If you put the HDAV/Asus version of TMT on a PC without the correct PAP enabled hardware it will still downsample.

Any other release of TMT will still downsample regardless of what hardware you have.

Adam

G45 motherboard has pap/pavp will this TMT version work on this one ?
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Asus , Nvidia

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page