post #1171 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by myAV View Post

Did you just say "ANY"? then, This must be the funniest post in this thred.

Can you highlight a single feature it currently supports? It doesn't support 24p, it doesn't support Vista bitstreaming at all, and it doesn't work in XP consistently.

So what does it support, right now?

TiVo is on it's way out -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenvik View Post

G45 motherboard has pap/pavp will this TMT version work on this one ?

No. See the G45 thread. Intel has basically abandoned the G45 as it related to PAP/PAVP. There will be no bitstreaming from the G45.

TiVo is on it's way out -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
post #1173 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post

This is as good as it is going to get with LPCM until they add exclusive mode. In fairness I don't think anyone will hear the difference.

So would it be correct to say that Blu-Ray movies with LPCM tracks (i.e. no Tru-HD or DTS-MA) are also going to have their audio mucked around with by the windows mixer?

Does PowerDVD have exclusive mode enabled?
post #1174 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahd View Post

So would it be correct to say that Blu-Ray movies with LPCM tracks (i.e. no Tru-HD or DTS-MA) are also going to have their audio mucked around with by the windows mixer?

Does PowerDVD have exclusive mode enabled?

Yes it means all LPCM tracks will be downsampled, PDVD does not have exclusive mode
post #1175 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilbok View Post

Thanks for info. Didn't you try BSplayer, if it is via AC3filter, it works flawless.

Kamil

Ive tried both BSplayer and vlc player, but they just give me messed up sound with stutters when I choose spdif. KMplayer is ok, just have to remember to turn off the spdif from previous bitstreamed movie before I run another.

Ive got vista 32bit setup with a dualboot with xp now, what driver and software should I use to make it bitstream dts/ac3 or play the downsampled LPCM ?
post #1176 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marflow View Post

Ive tried both BSplayer and vlc player, but they just give me messed up sound with stutters when I choose spdif. KMplayer is ok, just have to remember to turn off the spdif from previous bitstreamed movie before I run another.

Ive got vista 32bit setup with a dualboot with xp now, what driver and software should I use to make it bitstream dts/ac3 or play the downsampled LPCM ?

In XP for the Xonar to bitstream use the beta drivers from the Asus website and use the TMT version from the link posted by leon8-8
which can be found HERE i must stress do not use the XP drivers bundled in with the TMT software as these are broken use the beta from the website.

In Vista just use the supplied drivers and TMT version that is on the enclosed Driver disc.
post #1177 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marflow View Post

Hello, in win XP64bit I'm using BSplayer with audio via AC3filter passthrough to S/PDIF for DD[EX] and DTS[ES] in avi and mkv formats. For DVD, Blu Ray and HDDVD I'm using Power DVD 8 Ultra [TMT doesn't run on XP 64bit] for DD and DTS via S/PDIF and DTS MA and Dolby True HD I'm using 8 speakers analog output via TrueTheatre [5.1 to 7.1] aka LPCM.

Hope it helps.

Kamil
post #1178 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 06:43 AM

Hi Folks,
i just installed my "little beast" and having some trouble setting it up correctly.
Im runnig Vista Ultimate 32 and the original Software and Drivers that come with the Xonar.

1. In TMT Audio-Setup i can only choose between X.X Speakers and SPIF, no HDMI-Selection.
2. The "Xonar Control Center" does´nt work as it should. No reaction to changes, no EQ, no Bargraph.
3. With SPDIF only 3 Channels are working, Souroundspeakers are "dead".
(couldn´t test it with HDMI yet ´cause my new AVR hasn´t arrived yet)
4. Speaker-Test works fine but when i change the channel there is an annoying "Crash"-sound.

As it seems the whole Xonar Setup is ignored.

Does anyone has a clue how to fix the setup? (I ran trough the whole process [install/uninstall/reinstall] for the 3rd time now and still have nothing else than a 300$ piece of hardware putting out 2ch Stereo over HDMI to my TV. Not quite what i expected ...

Thanks and Greetz from Germany

Monoko
post #1179 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoko View Post

Hi Folks,
i just installed my "little beast" and having some trouble setting it up correctly.
Im runnig Vista Ultimate 32 and the original Software and Drivers that come with the Xonar.

1. In TMT Audio-Setup i can only choose between X.X Speakers and SPIF, no HDMI-Selection.

Monoko

Hello,

1. AFAIK the bundled TMT is not supporting HDMI, you have to download TMT from ASUS or brand new from here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/148870008/Xonar.zip.html
but do not install drivers: they are for XP and indeed in bad shape.

Hope it helps.

Kamil
post #1180 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post

Can you highlight a single feature it currently supports? It doesn't support 24p, it doesn't support Vista bitstreaming at all, and it doesn't work in XP consistently.

So what does it support, right now?

You don't get it. Do you? As advertised 100% working right out of the box both on Vista and XP. LPCM via HDMI including DTS HD, True HD and DD+.Although no bitstreaming support on purchase for HD audio, the package clearly indicates that it will be added via a TMT patch update.This has already been done.DTS HD MA is working on my system without a hitch.But Some people are having HDMI hand shake issues with their receivers and that has nothing to do with the Xonar.Asus is working on Vista support so Bitstreaming function will be added soon.

As for the 24p support, remember the Xonar isn't a video graphics card like ATI or Nvidia.This is a high def video enhancement processor what it is supposed to do is just pass through the incoming video signal to a corresponding display with or without the added color enhancement.So I don't understand why people are demanding something the Xonar isn't supposed to do??? It is up to the software player/video card to add 24p support.The Xonar already passes through any video signal at any rate.So get one and BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!

BTW,From now on I am focusing on the driver issues of this card without wasting my time answering the same repeated questions.
post #1181 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post

AFAIK even with AACS compliant downsampling removed as had been done in this latest version of TMT it will still go through windows mixer. TMT have never said anything about adding exclusive mode. This is as good as it is going to get with LPCM until they add exclusive mode. In fairness I don't think anyone will hear the difference.

Adam

Use Windows XP! It always operates in exclusive mode! I have been getting 96 Khz LPCM from TMT for several months now! Please note that Windows XP does not have a way to set the Khz so the programs always control that.
post #1182 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:

You don't get it. Do you? As advertised 100% working right out of the box both on Vista and XP. LPCM via HDMI including DTS HD, True HD and DD+.Although no bitstreaming support on purchase for HD audio, the package clearly indicates that it will be added via a TMT patch update.This has already been done.DTS HD MA is working on my system without a hitch.But Some people are having HDMI hand shake issues with their receivers and that has nothing to do with the Xonar.Asus is working on Vista support so Bitstreaming function will be added soon.

As for the 24p support, remember the Xonar isn't a video graphics card like ATI or Nvidia.This is a high def video enhancement processor what it is supposed to do is just pass through the incoming video signal to a corresponding display with or without the added color enhancement.So I don't understand why people are demanding something the Xonar isn't supposed to do??? It is up to the software player/video card to add 24p support.The Xonar already passes through any video signal at any rate.So get one and BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!

BTW,From now on I am focusing on the driver issues of this card without wasting my time answering the same repeated questions.

MyAV, with respect i'm afraid you are wrong regarding passing through 24 Hz, my onboard graphics is ATI HD 3200 (AMD 780G) it supports 24 Hz and plays well at that refresh rate, as soon as i pass through Xonar HDAV 1.3 i cannot use 24 Hz, (blank screen) and also other refresh rates are missing when. Only refresh rates that work are 25i and 30i, I dont dont know what the xonar is doing to video signal but it is affecting it somehow.
post #1183 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Sorry man but you are completely off with this statement. The problem is Xonar does NOT passthrough e.g. if 24Hz is sent from graphics card (like my ATI2600 which CAN do it - and many others can as well) to Xonar then Xonar outputs only blank screen which IS a big issue and I really cant't understand how can this happen with regards to the purpose of this card e.g. HTPC world of "hi-tec" movie fans where 24p is a must...
And please don't repeat yourself saying "Xonar has been released only in my country and somehow accidently in U.K. so chill out". I agree with some other guys here in terms of it should NOT have been released ANYWHERE yet in a first place if the very main features (and frankly the only reasons why most people would buy it) do not work yet at all...
post #1184 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgraham View Post

MyAV, with respect i'm afraid you are wrong regarding passing through 24 Hz, my onboard graphics is ATI HD 3200 (AMD 780G) it supports 24 Hz and plays well at that refresh rate, as soon as i pass through Xonar HDAV 1.3 i cannot use 24 Hz, (blank screen) and also other refresh rates are missing when. Only refresh rates that work are 25i and 30i, I dont dont know what the xonar is doing to video signal but it is affecting it somehow.

I would have to agree with that statement 100% i too have the Asus M3N78-EMH-HDMI which has a built in Geforce 8200, After a fresh install of XP i can only get 1920x1080i (interlaced) @ 30hz if i bypass the Xonar i get the full 1920x1080p @ 24hz no problem at all and this is using the latest Nvidia drivers released just a few days ago.

Vista is a little better i do get 1080p @ 60hz but still no 24hz output the next number close to it is 25hz which is simply no good, I would not mind but for the last few months i have had first rate Blu Ray playback from this board at 1080p 24hz without a single problem.

I think the so called high def video enhancement processor built into the Xonar is obviously preventing all Video cards capable of passing 1080p @ 24hz which in my book should be high on the priority list.

I think though we should all hangfire and see what the new drivers bring when released by Asus in the next few days.
post #1185 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
myAV,

I am sorry, I can't be with you on this one and I agree and with previous 3 members together.
post #1186 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 05:05 PM

Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB (E-Work) View Post

And please don't repeat yourself saying "Xonar has been released only in my country and somehow accidently in U.K. so chill out". I agree with some other guys here in terms of it should NOT have been released ANYWHERE yet in a first place if the very main features (and frankly the only reasons why most people would buy it) do not work yet at all...

That is actually me saying that.

I can see releasing it in Taiwan, since they would know it was just a limited release in their country to flush out problems.
post #1187 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 06:23 PM

I hear you all.Although I have already informed them about the video nightmares,I will forward all of these issues tomorrow when I meet Eric Wang the senior engineer from the software dept.Meanwhile a new driver is about to be released this week which will somehow address the video problems.Let's wait and see.
post #1188 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 PM

Quote:

I hear you all.Although I have already informed them about the video nightmares,I will forward all of these issues tomorrow when I meet Eric Wang the senior engineer from the software dept.Meanwhile a new driver is about to be released this week which will somehow address the video problems.Let's wait and see.

Thanks for all your help and hope the typhoon keeps away from you.

If they can sort the video issues, or perhaps in the short term as a part fix just get it to output audio without needing a video signal so we can route video and audio separately and the card will be a real winner.
post #1189 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 08:24 PM

I don't suppose this card is available in America yet?
post #1190 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausvette View Post

Thanks for all your help and hope the typhoon keeps away from you.

If they can sort the video issues, or perhaps in the short term as a part fix just get it to output audio without needing a video signal so we can route video and audio separately and the card will be a real winner.

Thanks ausvette. A lot of people here have found a solution to send video and audio separately by using an HDMI splitter. In this way they get the video signal untouched to the display.However it is Asus' responsibility to correct those video errors and make the card a perfect winner like you said.
post #1191 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:

Thanks ausvette. A lot of people here have found a solution to send video and audio separately by using an HDMI splitter. In this way they get the video signal untouched to the display.However it is Asus' responsibility to correct those video errors and make the card a perfect winner like you said.

Yes I'd concluded to solve it instantly I'd need a HDMI splitter. Problem is my Onkyo 875 receiver doesn't seem to allow me to associate different hdmi ports for video and audio with one input. As I use the receiver for video switching with a projector 10m away, I'd then have to also get a hdmi switcher or another 10m hdmi cable. All starts getting a bit messy and would be an expensive solution. At the moment I'm happy to accept drivers are at beta stage and have DTS MA bitstreaming and put up with the video issue, but certainly have the expectation that future drivers will fix the issues.
post #1192 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausvette View Post

Yes I'd concluded to solve it instantly I'd need a HDMI splitter. Problem is my Onkyo 875 receiver doesn't seem to allow me to associate different hdmi ports for video and audio with one input. As I use the receiver for video switching with a projector 10m away, I'd then have to also get a hdmi switcher or another 10m hdmi cable. All starts getting a bit messy and would be an expensive solution. At the moment I'm happy to accept drivers are at beta stage and have DTS MA bitstreaming and put up with the video issue, but certainly have the expectation that future drivers will fix the issues.

Sorry, I am not advicing you or any other members here to use this method since this is going to make you spend additional money.Anyway this is simple and doesn't really cost a leg or an arm. OK, I think you didn't get what I said.You don't have to use different HDMI ports for video and audio on your 875.Here is how,the HDMI switcher must have 1 input and 2 outs, First connect the video card to HDMI input on the HDMI switcher, then from the 2 outs, one cable to the Xonar video input and one to the PJ using your 10M cable. but remember to run another cable from the Xonar HDMI out port to your 875 for the HDMI audio. This way your video signal doesn't go through either the Xonar or 875. Hope you get this.
post #1193 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I am not advicing you or any other members here to use this method since this is going to make you spend additional money.Anyway this is simple and doesn't really cost a leg or an arm. OK, I think you didn't get what I said.You don't have to use different HDMI ports for video and audio on your 875.Here is how,the HDMI switcher must have 1 input and 2 outs, First connect the video card to HDMI input on the HDMI switcher, then from the 2 outs, one cable to the Xonar video input and one to the PJ using your 10M cable. but remember to run another cable from the Xonar HDMI out port to your 875 for the HDMI audio. This way your video signal doesn't go through either the Xonar or 875. Hope you get this.

Thanks, yes I understand. Problem then is my other video sources no longer have a connection to the projector as they're all connected to the receiver and I only have the one cable up to the projector.
post #1194 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 PM

Just got mine from local Australian supplier for $244.20 AUD

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/...ducts_id=34069
post #1195 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 11:26 PM

Hi,

i have installed the latest beta Driver from the Asus Website with TMT.
When i started the configuration Utility to setup the Audio menu für speaker configuration, i cannot select more than 48 khz for HDMI Audio and 5.1 speakers. I have a distorted accoustic signal. When i start the test on 48khz and 5.1 speakers, then i hear the signal from the rear speaker on the front.
That isnt normally.

When i started TMT i must the the audio settings of 5.1 to hear a correct sound by a bluray dvd. When a set audio for hdmi, i hear the rears on the front.
What is hear wrong.

My AV-Receiver setting are ok, because i watch HD-DVD on my Toshiba EP-30.

Any ideas?

matthias
post #1196 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:

This will not work for me since the resolution of my display is 1366x768 and this resolution is not accepted by my Onkyo 885 Preamp. I need a solution that can work without sending the video. Perhaps a dual mode with AnyDVD could work with the other display running at 720P.

The best solution is for the ASUS to work without routing video.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #1197 of 9551 Old 09-28-2008, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

you cant do it- hdmi requires a video signal to be sent with the audio for transmission.
post #1198 of 9551 Old 09-29-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:

Thank you for all your effort.
post #1199 of 9551 Old 09-29-2008, 03:08 AM

This will not work for me since the resolution of my display is 1366x768 and this resolution is not accepted by my Onkyo 885 Preamp. I need a solution that can work without sending the video. Perhaps a dual mode with AnyDVD could work with the other display running at 720P.

Hi RichB i have a philips tv and and am running 1366x768 res to my onkyo 605 with no problem it is clear and i can get dts-hd DD+ and pcm . unless the 885 is different............caveman001
post #1200 of 9551 Old 09-29-2008, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

The best solution is for the ASUS to work without routing video.

- Rich

Rich, Asus is testing another HDMI audio only card now and rumoured to be released in line with the Azun. stay tuned......
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Asus , Nvidia

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page