post #121 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post

I don't see that post anywhere... did they delete it, or did you make it up?

It's there. Try again. Must be user error.

Affable Nitwit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 06:09 AM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyuppy View Post

OK...I'm confused on how the connection/interface would lay out.

The card is primarily used for the Audio decoding (TrueHD/DTS-Master) via HDMI. So for the audio portion, I would have Xonar(HDMI)-->Pre/Pro/Recv(HDMI) that is capable of decoding the audio codec.

Then there's the video which is output by another video card via DVI->HDMI to TV.

1. So does this mean you need 2 HDMI interface now from the HTPC? So much for having one single cable to handle both audio and video.

2. Or does it mean that the Xona is cable of doing all the video processing and ouput 1080p(on a 1x PCIe?), so the video card is no longer required?

3. Or ???

HDMI audio is slipped between HDMI video frames. To pass audio, you must have video (at least a blank video stream). I am not sure if the HDAV will generate its own blank video or not.

What you do it take the HDMI output from your video card and plug it into the HDMI input on the HDAV sound card. If your video card also produces sound, you should turn that off. The HDAV adds the sound to the video, process it via the SplendedHD engine (if you want it to - it can be turned off) and outputs through the HDMI output on the sound card.
post #123 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Hopefully Sept. 10th is it. The wait is killin me!
post #124 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 AM

Liked: 10
My shipment has been delayed again. This time until the 5th of September...

K
post #125 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

It's there. Try again. Must be user error.

thank you very much
post #126 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbMagFab View Post

I don't see that post anywhere... did they delete it, or did you make it up?

The post is still the last one. CLick the link in previous post and proceed to the last. You can see it. By the way, it is in Chinese.
post #127 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingernst View Post

thank you very much

No problem

For those who are curious, here is a translation of that post:

Quote:

Postponed to September 10 shipments. RD full sprint but things  three companies to develop.

進程稍有延期. 只能耐心的等. A slight extension of the process. Can only be patient, and so on.

Affable Nitwit
post #128 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 02:41 PM

After Norway and Germany it's apparently now on pre-order in the UK too. Although no date is mentioned.
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=869929
£217.36 for the DeLuxe version.
I checked Komplett.nl, Alternate.nl, Mycom.nl and tweakers.net: No go yet.
post #129 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 02:45 PM

[quote=Lawguy;14486377]Postponed to September 10 shipments. RD full sprint but things  three companies to develop.

進程稍有延期. 只能耐心的等. A slight extension of the process. Can only be patient, and so on. QUOTE]

I love the online translations, they're always fun. But the date will probably be correct.
post #130 of 9534 Old 08-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
[quote=arttext;14486997]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

Postponed to September 10 shipments. RD full sprint but things  three companies to develop.

進程稍有延期. 只能耐心的等. A slight extension of the process. Can only be patient, and so on. QUOTE]

I love the online translations, they're always fun. But the date will probably be correct.

Surely someone here can read Mandarin. I have the denon 1909 receiver and upgraded speakers all ready to go. Just waiting for this card. Come on Asus!
post #131 of 9534 Old 08-23-2008, 04:19 AM

Another delay for my preorder

It now has a ship date of 13. september 2008.

Kenneth
post #132 of 9534 Old 08-24-2008, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought it is suppose to be out on 22nd of August. When I return from vacation just now, I thought it will be pages after pages of review and discussion about this card... I guess we have to wait until Sept now
post #133 of 9534 Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkc View Post

I guess we have to wait until Sept now

Don't be surprised if its delayed even longer. I am suspecting a software delay as Arcsoft is still trying to get TMT ready for this card.
post #134 of 9534 Old 08-25-2008, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Where are you guys pre-order this card now?
post #135 of 9534 Old 08-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlkc View Post

Where are you guys pre-order this card now?

Don't think you can pre-order is anywhere in the States as of yet. Most that I have seen have been in Europe.
post #136 of 9534 Old 08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

26 Aug 08 MyAV.COM

quote:原發表者是 asus

如果測過不漏氣的話 一定昭告天下

想請教一下華碩兄
小弟有一塊D2,想請問一下卡上面的三個插槽是有啥作用?
能不能接機殼面板的麥克風跟音源?
因為說明書上寫的不是很清楚
謝謝

Any ideas ?

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #137 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 AM

You guys are translating the thread which I started here at myav.com.tw here in Taiwan. I found it very funny.I will give you some info, The card is ready to be realeased on Sep10th. it is highly unlikely that It will be delayed again since we already have the first shipment here in the store. But Arcsoft is noy ready yet with TMT special edition. I have already tested the card and working without any issues though.That is it for now. Sorry for the poor English.
post #138 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 05:29 AM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by myAV View Post

You guys are translating the thread which I started here at myav.com.tw here in Taiwan. I found it very funny.I will give you some info, The card is ready to be realeased on Sep10th. it is highly unlikely that It will be delayed again since we already have the first shipment here in the store. But Arcsoft is noy ready yet with TMT special edition. I have already tested the card and working without any issues though.That is it for now. Sorry for the poor English.

Your English is FAR better than my Mandarin (do you all still use Mandarin Chinese in Taiwan?).

Welcome to the forum!
post #139 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

More details please!

Does it bitstream Dolby Digital True-HD and DTS-MA? Can it do 7.1 PCM as well? Does it work with Windows XP and Windows Vista? What Khz and Bit depth does the receiver report when outputting from this card?
post #140 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you for your post! Please keep us informed.

Affable Nitwit
post #141 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 AM

Thank you guys. This is a very nice forum and always wanted to be a member here but tight work schedule always prevented me from doing it.
OK, I had a chance to listen to the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 audio card when Asus held their first ever demo here in Taipei, Taiwan in early July.They demonstrated DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD during BD playback with several recent titles such as I,robot, Die hard 4.0 ...etc and the result was very very impressive.What we heard in Asus demo room was fullrate lossless audio which was almost identical to what I hear from my Pioneer LX80standalone.This card does LPCM 7.1, bitstreams DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD sound tracks unmolested to the reciever to do the decoding. I myself have the card installed in my machine and Both audio(lossy) & video working fine,still waiting for the big TMT update, I will report back as soon as I get it.
post #142 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:

Thank you guys. This is a very nice forum and always wanted to be a member here but tight work schedule always prevented me from doing it.
OK, I had a chance to listen to the Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 audio card when Asus held their first ever demo here in Taipei, Taiwan in early July.They demonstrated DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD during BD playback with several recent titles such as I,robot, Die hard 4.0 ...etc and the result was very very impressive.What we heard in Asus demo room was fullrate lossless audio which was almost identical to what I hear from my Pioneer LX80standalone.This card does LPCM 7.1, bitstreams DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD sound tracks unmolested to the reciever to do the decoding. I myself have the card installed in my machine and Both audio(lossy) & video working fine,still waiting for the big TMT update, I will report back as soon as I get it.

Great information!

Can you confirm that you can send just the audio with no HDMI video IN from the Xonar HDMI?

I need this because the native rate of my display is not acceptable to my AVR so I must send the video directly from the graphics card to the display and Audio only from the sound card.

Thanks,

Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #143 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 08:13 AM

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to wether or not I can use my Logitech Z5500 speaker system to hear "lossless audio" with the Xonar? And if I can do you know how the wires would be configured. Would the daughter card have to be used? Because to me the cost of the card and a new receiver with speakers would seem a bit high for lossless audio. I might as well just go out and buy a blu ray player that prosesses the audio out via analog right?
post #144 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 08:19 AM

No disrespect intended, but even if you get it to work, you are not going to hear a difference on your speakers. There's really no point for you to get this card if you are going to be using pretty much any type of "computer" speakers.
post #145 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 08:21 AM

I'm sorry, but talking about audio, the speakers are the most important components.
Using those speakers of yours, I bet you won't be able to tell a difference between lossless and lossy audio...

Regards, nosurrender
post #146 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Great information!

Can you confirm that you can send just the audio with no HDMI video IN from the Xonar HDMI?

I need this because the native rate of my display is not acceptable to my AVR so I must send the video directly from the graphics card to the display and Audio only from the sound card.

Thanks,

Rich

I'm wondering if this will work as well.
post #147 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 AM

It was my assumption that unless you want to tie the audio to the HDMI signal that you could just use it just like any other audio card.
post #148 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How much will the card cost at your store?
post #149 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfn11 View Post

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to wether or not I can use my Logitech Z5500 speaker system to hear "lossless audio" with the Xonar? And if I can do you know how the wires would be configured. Would the daughter card have to be used? Because to me the cost of the card and a new receiver with speakers would seem a bit high for lossless audio. I might as well just go out and buy a blu ray player that prosesses the audio out via analog right?

You would need the daughter board with the analog outs and hook up the Z-5500 direct. That would give you the proper 24/96 which the speaker system supports! You cannot get lossless with this speaker system with a dedicated Blu-ray player unless the player had analog outs and you somehow used adapters to hook them up to the 1/8 mini jacks. Your best bet is to use a sound card. By the looks of things, the Azuentech might be a better value especially if you want to use PowerDVD instead.
post #150 of 9534 Old 08-26-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACZML120 View Post

You would need the daughter board with the analog outs and hook up the Z-5500 direct. That would give you the proper 24/96 which the speaker system supports! You cannot get lossless with this speaker system with a dedicated Blu-ray player unless the player had analog outs and you somehow used adapters to hook them up to the 1/8 mini jacks. Your best bet is to use a sound card. By the looks of things, the Azuentech might be a better value especially if you want to use PowerDVD instead.

But isn't that what 6 channel direct is for? To allow any processed sound signal to pass through the speaker system? And what difference would my speakers have compaired to a AVR speaker system? Also I have a dual boot XP/Vista system and I do notice a better audio difference with Power DVD on the Vista OS, "better base and increased volume with no adjustment with the Z5500. So am I missing something here? I am just trying to wrap my head around why only AVR speakers would work and not mine and wether lossless does come out of the daughter card via analog. Here are the specs for the speakers.

Total FTC power: 505 watts RMS
Sub-woofer: 188 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100Hz, @ 10% THD)
Satellites:
Left/Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1khz, @ 10% THD)
Center: 69 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
Rear Left & Right: 62 watts RMS x 2 (into 8 ohms, @ 1kHz, @ 10% THD)
Total Peak power: 1010 watts
Maximum SPL: >115 dB
Frequency response: 33 Hz — 20 kHz
Amplifier: Ultra-linear, high-capacity analog
Signal to noise ratio: >93.5 dB, typical 100
Input impedance: 8,000 ohms
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Asus , Nvidia

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page