post #2641 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

The only program that can currently bitstream is the Arcsoft TMT version .125. This program will not install unless you have the ASUS HDAV 1.3 installed. You can find the software at the link below. It will work with both XP and Vista. Please note this is not the same software as the version of TMT offered on the Arcsoft website.

ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/Audio...Xonar_HDAV1.3/

PowerDVD still downsamples everything though.

1. All forms of DD and DTS will bitstream over HDMI with Blu-ray.
2. Only DD and DTS will bistream for HD-DVD over HDMI or optical. TMT converts all HD-DVD audio to either DD or DTS. If you try to output HD-DVD audio with either HDMI or 7 channel audio selected you will hear nothing. You must select toslink for HD-DVD audio over HDMI or optical.
3. PCM does not appear to be bitstreaming or bitstreaming correctly. It is questionable whether it is being downconverted or not also.
4. PCM sometimes exhibits a 7 channel stereo sound where the same audio comes out of all speakers even though it should only come out of 1 speaker even with the new .125 software.
5. PCM audio can produce a LOUD popping noise(Similar to the DTS bomb) when playing a PCM track or decoding HD audio to multi-channel PCM in TMT.
6. 24 fps video does not appear to pass through the Asus card correctly or at all. There are several unconfirmed work arounds for this issue though.

mpgxsvcd;,

Is TMT_20081129 = Arcsoft TMT version .125?

So in a nut shell, TMT .125 is able to bitstream TrueHD and DTS MA now? What if I play DD and/or DTS from DVD in Vista Media Center?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera1 View Post

I'll try it but as you know this is not how a HDMI solution should be implemented and a $200+ card should support this basic functionality. I also doubt the audio and video would stay in synch and I might be going to a 2nd display shortly which makes running a separate line to the TV impossible.

I haven't experienced the synch issue and have used the projector on second display and primary since joining AVS, which was the reason I joined. The wife wouldn't keep asking "when are we gonna watch a movie" if the audio was messed up.

Nothing but let the program decide and dual mode in Nvidia panel. Haven't touched any other settings

With testing, for setup, any hdmi you connect to the Xonar, as long as it is activated in display settings, passes audio to the receiver.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #2643 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajaga View Post

On the downside, TMT will not operate through VMC anymore

This was a real plus for me as the wife and horrors have used this since day 1 and it was a real selling point to them.

Secondly no sound with hdmi set on HDDVD's - WTF!!
why stuff up two things which have worked on the stuffed up version .122, and for that matter, since .110 which is when I started using TMT!!

I was all set to order one within the next couple of days if I saw that everything was working correctly but I see there is still room to grow. I'm not buying it if they can't (1) fix the VMC connection and (2) get LPCM working properly. I would think that they could fix the VMC issue but if they don't or the LPCM then I'll wait and see what the Auzen X-Fi Home Theater 7.1 card does.

I think dropping the HD-DVD abilities is rotten but I understand where they are coming from at least. Not that that works for me but what can you say.

Cary Cinema 12 Pre/Pro, XPA-3 & UPA-2 Amps.
2 DIY Vifa 12" Subs, HTPC-3D, Moncaso 301P, Svr: Norco RPC-4020-24TB WHS.
Ctr:ML Motif, Rrs:ML Fresco i w/Abyss sub.

post #2644 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Hmm this TMT 125 works in xp too or ? or need to install new driver first too ?
post #2645 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

I haven't seen a new driver for XP, only Vista. Read that .125 works with XP for HD True and DTS Mstr. Haven't installed yet.

post #2646 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:07 PM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by myAV View Post

I don't know what will and what won't be fixed. I am not a software engineer. All I can do is, forward your problems to Asus engineers. Believe me you won't find a single person with a good knowledge of English to answer your questions here at Asus.I will try my best to find the answers for the remaining issues.
BTW, just finished watching " The dark knight " Blu ray. Fantastic sound track, demo quality audio/video presentation from Warner Bros.I just wanted to see the performence of the Xonar, and it really didn't disappoint, the True HD track was played back without a hitch from beginning to the end.This is a must have demo disc for BD fans.

OK,now I can confirm that this card is 100% working as advertised. So I think it is time to move on to the slim card update.Thank you guys for your support and help.

Can you play a HD-DVD movie?
post #2647 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Ok, I think everyone really needs to stop bitching about no HDDVD support.
If you're buying the Xonar budled with TMT then you're buying it as a player for PC.
If you're a PC person then you shouldn't have bought HDDVD in the first place.
It was always going to lose. They have the same read times, same transfer rates, and Bluray can hold more data.
Most data wins so if you backed the LOSER of the format wars, accept it and move on.
Sell your HD-DVD's to anyone stoopid enough t buy them and buy the titles on blu-ray.
If you've got enough cash to build a HTPC instead of buying a cheapo bluray/hd player then you've got enough to restock your BD catalogue.
You can't get pissed off that your XONAR doesn't play BetaMAX or 8-Tracks so move on.
post #2648 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

One of the main reasons I put up with TMT's nagging ssues is because it does play HD DVD. Take that away and there is no reason to waste money on either TMT or the Xonar.

Don't sell HD DVD short, the main reason it lost to BD is the obscene amounts of money Sony used to bribe the studios, not because of a limited capacity. (Although that was a factor).

The removal of HD DVD support is why I dumped PDVD.

Vern
post #2649 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:31 PM

So you know of other methods to bitstream DTS:MA and TrueHD from a PC?
And capacity was the reason it won. Yeah sony threw money around but I'm pretty sure microsoft was the one throwing money at anyone that would take it .ie paramount to ensure hd-dvd had a chance. Microsoft back HD-DVD because they knew it'd lose. If Bluray was the only one out there, it'd have become the standard a lot earlier and stronger than it did, giving them no chance for their digital downloads they're so eager to bottleneck already limited bandwidth with.
And as for the Xonar bitstreaming hd-dvd's, why spend more man-hours and money retro-fitting their first of a kind product to cater to those who get left behind when it comes to technology?
post #2650 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstuie82 View Post

So you know of other methods to bitstream DTS:MA and TrueHD from a PC?
And capacity was the reason it won. Yeah sony threw money around but I'm pretty sure microsoft was the one throwing money at anyone that would take it .ie paramount to ensure hd-dvd had a chance. Microsoft back HD-DVD because they knew it'd lose. If Bluray was the only one out there, it'd have become the standard a lot earlier and stronger than it did, giving them no chance for their digital downloads they're so eager to bottleneck already limited bandwidth with.
And as for the Xonar bitstreaming hd-dvd's, why spend more man-hours and money retro-fitting their first of a kind product to cater to those who get left behind when it comes to technology?

Now you're just spewing a bunch of BS
post #2651 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

and TMT still bugs on mine mainboard Asus P5Q-EM, intel chipset G45, just like G35. I have to replace videorender files: VideoRenderForEvr.ax and VideoRenderForVmr.ax every time I reinstall TMT.

MyAv asus team is aware about this bug ?
post #2652 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Can you play a HD-DVD movie?

HDDVD's play fine still from HDD folders and discs so that is still a plus. You have to go into audio panel in TMT and change from HDMI to 7.1 to get DTS core or any other sound out for that matter
post #2653 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Post at ASUS and open a support ticket.

post #2654 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

I will reinstall windows vista on mine htpc deleted vista because of no bitstreaming

Hmm temted to buy ssd drive for my htpc.. but want price to drop down more
post #2655 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds View Post

Post at ASUS and open a support ticket.

How one do that ?
post #2656 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genro View Post

which part exactly is ********?
post #2657 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

which part exactly is ********?

See below
Quote:

If you're a PC person then you shouldn't have bought HDDVD in the first place.
It was always going to lose.

Quote:

And capacity was the reason it won.

Quote:

Microsoft back HD-DVD because they knew it'd lose.

Quote:

giving them no chance for their digital downloads they're so eager to bottleneck already limited bandwidth with.

post #2658 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 05:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenvik View Post

How one do that ?

Register your Xonar , then go to "technical inquiries", tell them your problem, sign into forum, ask/tell others.

post #2659 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well I can pretty much forget about bitstreaming with my current setup. Can't get bitstreaming of any HD soundtracks using my method with looping the HDMI monitor out from the receiver into the HDAV although I can still do properly decoded PCM output this way.

Once I connect and loop my video card's DVI into the Xonar I then get bitstreaming of HD soundtracks but my video gets borked big time. Problem is I'm not getting transparent pass through of video through the Xonar and Yamaha RX-663. Nvidia display properties detects my native resolution as 1080i when going through the Xonar/Yamaha when it's actually 768p. Not to mention the gamma gets blown out of proportion and black crush in video. The video quality is pure SHIT going through the Xonar/receiver but PERFECT when going straight from the video card to the display! Sigh... If only I could get transparent video pass through or not have to deal with this PAP ********! Why can't a HDMI soundcard work as seamless and hassle free as a SPDIF soundcard? Because this PAP shit definitely DOES NOT stop pirating!

Now here's the ticker... I think the Xonar's decoding and PCM output sounds better and clearer than the Yamaha decoding the bitsreamed data. So basically I'm not too bummed about not being able to bitstream. But onto a new problem.....

Quote:

Before everyone says this card is the holy grail I would wait for some more testing!

I ran into an issue with PCM decoding and decoding DD true-HD to PCM this morning. I will post full details later. However, I was experiencing something like the DTS bomb with DD-True-HD. It was so bad that it tripped the cutoff switch in my Rotel AMP and shut my entire system down. It nearly blew my speakers!

I also experienced intermittent problems with it doing 7 channel stereo for DD-TrueHD tracks being decoded to PCM.

Basically, I strongly caution EVERYONE to NOT turn up the volume to loud when playing a PCM track or when decoding DD-TrueHD to PCM.

I think I ran into the same problem - did it sound like random digital noise that was twice as loud as the normal playback volume? It was weird I went to play a movie set up for decoding True-HD and outputting it to PCM and BAM random digital noise that was REALLY loud! Also get it for a slit second when seeking from one point in a movie to another - not cool! With as expensive as my B&W speakers are, I'm not into blowing them and will probably drop back to the previous version of TMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myAV View Post

BTW, just finished watching " The dark knight " Blu ray. Fantastic sound track, demo quality audio/video presentation from Warner Bros.I just wanted to see the performence of the Xonar, and it really didn't disappoint, the True HD track was played back without a hitch from beginning to the end.This is a must have demo disc for BD fans.

Uh... I thought the Blu Ray of The Dark Knight isn't supposed to be released until 12/9/2008?
post #2660 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by genro View Post

Read his first post, he's been spwering BS since he came in here, the guy is a prick. Plain and simple.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #2661 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Hi b_ambee - I encountered exactly the same issues with you for the new drivers in Vista:
- no sound for dts-HD master or digital HD (but the dts and digital HD logo was on at the av receiver)
- high-pitch sound at 96kHz and 192kHz for LPCM
- video slowdown in both cases

I am using:
Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H 780G
AMD2 5600+
Onkyo 875

I think it can conclude that's the problem with 780G+Xonar HDAV! (it is also mentioned inside the driver download areas that 780G may have problem)
I encountered the same issues before in XP.

Anyone helps or updates on ASUS drivers to resolve problems in 780G!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_ambee View Post

I cannot get Xonar HDAV bitstream DTS-HD and dolby True HD even with newest Xonar_HDAV_081127_81757(Vista3264_RC_01).zip and TMT_20081129.zip on Vista x64 (i tested with XP Pro SP3 and not work too) i try all driver and TMT version from the first one until now it still can't work.

When select HDMI in audio tab in TMT u will notice that movies play like slowmotion picture, information tab say DTSHD MSTR pass through correctly but no sound out from avr anymore. AVR detect DTS or dolby digital with no sound but if u select 5.1,7.1,... channel or spdif everything work fine smooth movies and correct sound but not HD (I play BDMV Wall-E folder from my HDD)

My System is
AMD X2 5200+
Gigabyte MA78GM-DS2H (780G Chipset that i think problem cause from this)
Gskill 2x1GB 800 CL4
Xonar HDAV 1.3 Deluxe
Onkyo 606
HDMI Matrix S-1 1M
Panasonic 42PV8

Anyone facing same problem with me?

thx

post #2662 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
When I first installed the new driver and TMT. It didn't work either. Problem I found was the TMT didn't install correctly, it was still showing the old version. So uninstalled again, deleted program folder, reg entries and one in doc folder. Reinstalled and bam full working passthrough of both.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #2663 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Honestly, this is why I still have so many stand alone players (3 BH200s, which thankfully continue to play both formats and can bitstream everything). I just wonder sometimes why it's so hard to get a computer to work I get it that some of you don't care about HD DVD. But we all have SOMETHING we want, be it HD DVD, LCPM, or 24p. And so far many of us were hoping this card would solve it all.

Oh, and I meant to add... the slimline card is only PCI??? Good lord.
post #2664 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

If I'm going to be sticking with PCM output will the regular version of TMT decode and output the same way with the Xonar as the Asus version of TMT does? I also wonder if you could buy say, a DVI splitter cable and run one of the split ends into the Xonar and the other out to the display and would this maintain the PAP for bitstreaming? Because I absolutely HAVE to run my video directly to the display.
post #2665 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post

Uh... I thought the Blu Ray of The Dark Knight isn't supposed to be released until 12/9/2008?

In stock since last week. Not listed yet, but you can call.
http://mall.jsdvd.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=30.
post #2666 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think I ran into the same problem - did it sound like random digital noise that was twice as loud as the normal playback volume? It was weird I went to play a movie set up for decoding True-HD and outputting it to PCM and BAM random digital noise that was REALLY loud! Also get it for a slit second when seeking from one point in a movie to another - not cool! With as expensive as my B&W speakers are, I'm not into blowing them and will probably drop back to the previous version of TMT.

1. Maybe Nvidia is your problem? I would highly recommend ATI for HD video playback in an HTPC. It just seems like Nvidia has abandoned this market lately.

2. Yup! That is exactly what I heard! It nearly took out my speakers and my Rotel amp
post #2667 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

1. Maybe Nvidia is your problem? I would highly recommend ATI for HD video playback in an HTPC. It just seems like Nvidia has abandoned this market lately.

2. Yup! That is exactly what I heard! It nearly took out my speakers and my Rotel amp

Ouch. Well I was just doing some testing and it only seems to do it when 5.1 is selected in TMT and not with 7.1. With 5.1 selected it happened once out of the blue when playback of a movie first started, then for a split second when jumping from one point to another, and every time when you pause. When you pause and play it does it and you have to press pause/play again to regain normal sound.

Now I'm wondering does leaving it set to 7.1 have any strange side effects when using a 5.1 speaker setup? Like missing sounds in certain scenes with certain movies or sounds not being sent properly in general to a 5.1 speaker setup? Or can I just leave TMT set to 7.1 with using my 5.1 speaker setup with no adverse effects?

Another option is just drop back to .123 of TMT because honestly, I can't really tell a difference with PCM output of .123/5.1 PCM and the new .125 version other than it says Dolby True-HD 48K/24 PCM where .123 only said Dolby True-HD with no other indication of Khz or bit depth. What do you think?

And lastly I'd like to try a DVI splitter cable.... doubt it would work with PAP but maybe worth a shot...
post #2668 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ouch. Well I was just doing some testing and it only seems to do it when 5.1 is selected in TMT and not with 7.1. With 5.1 selected it happened once out of the blue when playback of a movie first started, then for a split second when jumping from one point to another, and every time when you pause. When you pause and play it does it and you have to press pause/play again to regain normal sound.

Now I'm wondering does leaving it set to 7.1 have any strange side effects when using a 5.1 speaker setup? Like missing sounds in certain scenes with certain movies or sounds not being sent properly in general to a 5.1 speaker setup? Or can I just leave TMT set to 7.1 with using my 5.1 speaker setup with no adverse effects?

Another option is just drop back to .123 of TMT because honestly, I can't really tell a difference with PCM output of .123/5.1 PCM and the new .125 version other than it says Dolby True-HD 48K/24 PCM where .123 only said Dolby True-HD with no other indication of Khz or bit depth. What do you think?

And lastly I'd like to try a DVI splitter cable.... doubt it would work with PAP but maybe worth a shot...

I had the exact same experience. The 5.1 setting was what produced the DTS bomb affect and the 7.1 setting did not. However, the 7.1 setting produced the 7 channel stereo sound which does not damage the speakers but it is equally as annoying.
post #2669 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 08:22 PM

Right, evening everyone.. I've been reading this thread for weeks after purchasing this damn card and like most of you my frustration level was peaking, then tonight I finally thought my prayers had been answered so I downloaded the new vista driver and TMT and proceeded to install, all was not well.

Vista drivers installed fine.. But TMT is just not playing ball, my previous asus trial TMT had expired weeks ago and refused to load, so I installed an old version I downloaded and paid for it at full price, $90. After finding out how to activate it from Arcsoft support all was fine and I had the latest version 126 running, registered and activated.

Now comes today, I uninstall my current TMT, clean up the files and install the 125 version of TMT from asus's FTP site and it asks me for my username and activation code, when I enter this it tells me it's invalid! At this point my frustration level is off the scale, there's steam pouring out my ears and red lights and sirens, why does this have to be so hard!!!

Does anyone know of a username and activation code so I can at least get the asus trial working? the jacket my asus driver cd came in is blank.

TIA.
post #2670 of 9534 Old 12-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I had the exact same experience. The 5.1 setting was what produced the DTS bomb affect and the 7.1 setting did not. However, the 7.1 setting produced the 7 channel stereo sound which does not damage the speakers but it is equally as annoying.

Interesting. The 5.1 setting in .123, the 5.1 and 7.1 in .125 ALL sound the same exact to me! I only get that 7 channel stereo like sound you speak of when I selected the HDMI setting in .123. Again, I'm using WinXP Pro SP3 and still wondering if there will be a certain scene in a movie where sounds might not be routed correctly or I miss sounds while using the 7.1 setting in .125 with using a 5.1 speaker setup? Because otherwise I can't tell a difference, even from version to version of TMT.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Tags
Asus , Nvidia

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page