post #631 of 1939 Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

There is one huge difference between ASUS releasing a barely functional card last November and Auzentech releasing a product in April of 2009. That difference is about 6 months!

When ASUS released their card without full functionality they could just say There is no competition right now. So if you don't like it you will just have to wait.

By the time the Auzentech card comes out there will be a smaller, cheaper, fully functioning(All bitstreaming, HD-DVD playback, 24p, VMC.etc) card from ASUS. How in the world are they going to convince people to buy their card besides the few and yes it is only a few people who would need analog and HDMI on a single card.

Basically I think Auzentech should wait to release their card until it is supports bitstreaming with PowerDVD and TMT. The only feature that they could really boast about now would be support across multiple players and I really doubt that will ever happen anyway.

Hey. I'm skeptical, which is why I bought the Xonar.

All I mean is that this is a very new market and a lot of people are still sitting on the sidelines. Asus is still convincing people that the HDAV works. If the Auzen solutions works well if released in April, well, the game is on.

Affable Nitwit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1939 Old 04-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am now thinking everybody should just wait to buy either card from AuzenTech and Asus just until everything is ironed out and the cards work as they were intended too.

Hopefully other companies will plan on HDMI based sound cards so that we won't be incapacitated w/ AuzenTech and Asus's artificially HIGH priced cards. AuzenTech would make great competition but I think we need more companies joining HDMI.
post #633 of 1939 Old 04-01-2009, 05:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super XP View Post

I am now thinking everybody should just wait to buy either card from AuzenTech and Asus just until everything is ironed out and the cards work as they were intended too.

Hopefully other companies will plan on HDMI based sound cards so that we won’t be incapacitated w/ AuzenTech and Asus’s artificially HIGH priced cards. AuzenTech would make great competition but I think we need more companies joining HDMI.

I am now thinking everybody should just gladly ignore any statement of yours in this thread and move on to more down-to-earth expectations

EDID Overrides (capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #634 of 1939 Old 04-01-2009, 06:00 PM

Liked: 150
Quote:

Well that is my point the ASUS requires an additional card for deluxe where as the AuzenTech does not. It's a one package card.

Oh, I was unaware of that. That IS a nice feature, if you need the analog out parts. Very nice.
post #635 of 1939 Old 04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
It's a dongle, so yes, it saves a slot.
http://www.auzentech.com/site/produc...theater_hd.php

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #636 of 1939 Old 04-01-2009, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

Asus is still convincing people that the HDAV works.

What doesn't work with the ASUS card? The 9 series HDAV with TMT will do everything that ASUS has ever advertised and some things they didn't advertise.

People keep saying the "ASUS card is not fully functional". That is incorrect. As of 2009 it is complete.
post #637 of 1939 Old 04-02-2009, 01:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronl View Post

hi, I queried this from Auzentech last year and they said it would still down-rez for Analogue.

I hope they have changed there mind....

CaM

Damn, that's not positive news.... the card is useless to me if it still downsamples through analog, I hope they were mistaken in that response...

With MKV/FLAC I can currently get non-downsampled HD audio through Analog (X-Fi Titanium) using TMT2 and Reclock's WASAPI Exclusive mode, I would like to be able to play from disc again though instead of having to extract each movie I want to play... so I really hope Auzentech hasn't forgotten us Analog people.

And I can't use the Xonar because it has normal RCA Analog outputs, I need mini-RCA. Although I wouldn't use the Xonar anyway because I play games and like my current X-Fi, so the Auzentech would not be a downgrade in that sense.
post #638 of 1939 Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxDeadlyxX View Post

And I can't use the Xonar because it has normal RCA Analog outputs, I need mini-RCA. Although I wouldn't use the Xonar anyway because I play games and like my current X-Fi, so the Auzentech would not be a downgrade in that sense.

Which is one reason why I didn't bite into the Xonar. I like the way AuzenTech setup the Analog out. It's plain and simple. I am very sure they are going to fix this downsampling nonelsense
post #639 of 1939 Old 04-02-2009, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgxsvcd View Post

What doesn't work with the ASUS card? The 9 series HDAV with TMT will do everything that ASUS has ever advertised and some things they didn't advertise.

People keep saying the "ASUS card is not fully functional". That is incorrect. As of 2009 it is complete.

I didn't say it doesn't work. It does work now. I said that Asus is still convincing people that works. But, that is what happens when you release a broken product and it takes months to fix.

Affable Nitwit
post #640 of 1939 Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 AM

ASUS used people like guinea pigs and took them something like 6+ months to fix the XONAR which is still not 100% fixed according to many other forums today. They've also had to deal with a dump load of RMA's.

The one good thing ASUS got out of this deal was a very early head start and very early exposure along with real live beta testers.

It's O.K. if AuzenTech wants a full complete working product before release, but posting a release date only to delay it several times is unacceptable regardless whether the product is or is not 100% ready.

When the XF-i Home Theatre finally becomes a reality we will all see whether AuzenTech made the right choices.
post #641 of 1939 Old 04-03-2009, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
"ASUS used people like guinea pigs and took them something like 6+ months to fix the XONAR which is still not 100% fixed according to many other forums today."

..6 months, learn to count it wasn't even half that amount of time. But people did enough bitching on here to make it seem like 6 months for damn sure.

And yes it is 100% working and has been for over 3 months now. 24fps support took the longest, but new product out. It's all good. The rest of you enjoy the continued wait.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #642 of 1939 Old 04-03-2009, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
IMHO, a full complete working product also requires a player (PDVD or TMT or other?) that will bitstream the HD codecs, and even if Auzen releases the card sooner rather than later, who knows when the software side will be covered.

I was waiting for the Auzen, but the delays got to me. Now I have a Xonar HDAV and am bitstreaming with TMT.

I'd still like to see the Auzen card come out. Competition in this limited space can only be a good thing. But with more and more IGPs and discrete graphics cards integrating HDMI audio, the market for a $250 audio card is shrinking. Eventually some of these cheap HDMI audio solutions will have PAP and bitstream support.

Bazinga!

post #643 of 1939 Old 04-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

And that is assuming they change their stance and include a full version of PDVD9. As of the last information I have - directly from their site today - they are only going to include a trial version of PDVD9. Assuming they include it in the upgrade offer you still have to shell out an additional $70 making the total cost $320. In my opinion you would have to be member of the more money than brains club to drop that much for an ability that should be possible with a $40 ATI 4350 card...

I will much sooner buy the Asus Slim card for $150 including the full version of TMT and then, if I so desire, I might upgrade to the retail version. At my choice and at my leisure, not 2 weeks after spending $250...

"But it's just a flesh wound!"
post #644 of 1939 Old 04-04-2009, 03:39 AM

Well I do admit the Asus Slim card w/ a full version of TMT is sounding good lately especially for $150. I am going to have to see what Auzentech has planned B4 I do anything now.
post #645 of 1939 Old 04-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well I do admit the Asus Slim card w/ a full version of TMT is sounding good lately especially for $150. I am going to have to see what Auzentech has planned B4 I do anything now.

While I like the idea of the X-Fi chipset as a means of recovering value from the card after PAP hits the mainstream ( I must be dreaming...) if my calculations hold up the Auzen card is not worth anywhere near the $320 it will cost in the end.

Mind you Auzen has done nothing so far to invalidate that pricing calculation. Assuming that there are some street price discounts you are still looking at a price near $300 after you buy the PDVD crapware to go with it...

No matter how you cut it, if the Slim card is indeed $150 with a full version of TMT2 it will be by far and away the best deal in this (microscopic) market.

post #646 of 1939 Old 04-04-2009, 07:51 AM

Liked: 150
Quote:

I am going to have to see what Auzentech has planned B4 I do anything now.

They plan to move the launch date to May.

post #647 of 1939 Old 04-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Of what year?

post #648 of 1939 Old 04-05-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Oh Boy, if that is the case who on earth will wait for May of 2010
post #649 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 AM

I recently sent an email to Auzentech requesting an update on the schedule for this card. Here is the response:

Quote:

Dear T...,

We are really sorry or this long delay, and appreciate your patience and support to our product.

We have seen in the forums some disbelief that this product would ever come out, but rest assured that the only portion of testing that is left from our side is the compatibility testing with the many devices and combinations of uses that end-users will reach.

With 4 different companies, and 5 different locations to develop this product, the biggest challenge was to keep everything on time. Again, we deeply apologize for this long delay, and you should see this product starting to ship before the end of April.

If this is okay with you, we will put your email on our HomeTheater waiting list and send you a personal notification when the product is ready.

Sincerely,

Jay DeWalques, Support Team

(Bolding mine)
post #650 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMike View Post

I recently sent an email to Auzentech requesting an update on the schedule for this card. Here is the response:

you should see this product starting to ship before the end of April.

(Bolding mine)

The problem is that we keep asking them what month it will come out in. If they can't figure out what year the product is coming out in how do you expect them to know what month it will come out in?
post #651 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 08:43 AM

They stated in the body of the respone that the month will be April. This is April, thus the card will ship before the end of this month.
post #652 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Auzen said: "You should see . . ."

Auzen did not say "You will see . . . "

"Should" and "will" have very different meanings. There is still some doubt, even with Auzentech, about when these will ship.

Affable Nitwit
post #653 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Leave it to the lawyer to pick apart the words used.
post #654 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

Leave it to the lawyer to pick apart the words used.

Hey. Words mean something. People use words like "should" when there is some uncertainty. If there is no uncertainty, people use words like "will." Don't you use language like that?

Personally, I think that the Auzen cards will be shipping soon, but there is a chance that they won't be.

Affable Nitwit
post #655 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:

Hey. Words mean something. People use words like "should" when there is some uncertainty. If there is no uncertainty, people use words like "will." Don't you use language like that?

Personally, I think that the Auzen cards will be shipping soon, but there is a chance that they won't be.

I know that words mean certain things. I was just giving you a hard time.

Now what's the legal definition of "soon"?
post #656 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know that words mean certain things. I was just giving you a hard time.

My six year old will give you a different answer than I would.

Affable Nitwit
post #657 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That would be when a certain dude walks the earth again, and for that you will wait a very long time...

And of course I always ask "April of which year?"

Those poor buggers at Auzen. Bet they are wishing they had partnered with a company that is actually capable of delivering working software...

post #658 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yeah having creative involved probably causing ALL the issues, haha.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #659 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 View Post

Yeah having creative involved probably causing ALL the issues, haha.

Actually there is no evidence of this at all...

post #660 of 1939 Old 04-06-2009, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Can I get that in writing?
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page