Auzentech Home Theater 7.1 HDMI thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wasn't aware of the Asus Xonar slim before now, but if it really does OK support of EAX even if it isn't full EAX 5, and is priced reasonably, I would strongly consider that as opposed to the Auzentech.

I really like the X-Fi chipset I'm just not sure how much more I'll pay for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 07:26 AM

Liked: 11
Will we be able to connect these cards directly to the AMP via HDMI, without looping the Graphics cards HDMI video signal ?

i sure hope so....
post #723 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronzemo78 View Post

I wasn't aware of the Asus Xonar slim before now, but if it really does OK support of EAX even if it isn't full EAX 5, and is priced reasonably, I would strongly consider that as opposed to the Auzentech.

I really like the X-Fi chipset I'm just not sure how much more I'll pay for it.

I am not sure about the support for EAX beyond something like 3.0, however, do you really find it that much better? I really don't know as I play Guild Wars which has only rudimentary support for EAX.

I am of the opinion that using a card for gaming and another card for HTPC type stuff is the best way to go if you really want EAX and HDMI audio. Granted, you need more connections to your AVR, but that is not the end of the world given the price of the Auzen vaporware solution...

"But it's just a flesh wound!"
post #724 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 09:47 AM

It's not the connections to my receiver that stink about multiple sound cards, it's more the complexity of making it all work and right now I only have a X-Fi Platinum, so to get game surround sound digitally I have to use the front panel and then DD Live. I'd rather have one card take care of all of it losslessly through HDMI.
post #725 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 AM

post #726 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoleman View Post

delayed again.

Before it was irritating, now its just funny.

Panasonic 60VT60, Integra 9.9, Outlaw Amp, Sunfire EQ10, Liquid cooled Windows 7 Media Center

post #727 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Wow. I guess I was wrong when I said "soon."

Thee fact that they know its so late and STILL won't give anything more definite than "Q2" means to me that they just really have no idea when it will be released.

This is really too bad.

Affable Nitwit
post #728 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 12:26 PM

Yeah, this is really pathetic. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when they told me in an email that it would ship at the end of this month (April). Now it's up in the air again. What a joke. They make MicroSoft look downright punctual when it comes to meeting deadlines. Yeah, I didn't think it was possible but this company makes MS look like over-achievers when it comes to honoring your deadlines. It's just sad!!

The irony is that this company had started to make a real name for itself. It has a couple of really good products in the market and it had managed to best Creative at their own game. Then they start this promise, delay, promise, delay, promise, delay crap and turn themselves into a laughing stock. They would have been better off anouncing 4 months ago that they just weren't able to make it work and they would be discontinuing R&D on the product instead of this crap they're doing now. All they've accomplished now is to alienate customers....not a wise business practice.
post #729 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 01:47 PM

Wasn't it Sept 2008 when they said this would be out first?
Be better if they actually told the truth and the whole story at this point.

Instead we are met with the same fluff about it making better for the
us the little guy.

They could have added SACD capabilities at this rate at least then it would make the wait somehwhat worth it.

Looks like Oppo will have a full blown Blu-ray/sacd/dvd-a player out before
these guys can manufacture just the card. In fact Oppo actually has live
testers testing their units.

lame, Asus has one right? Xonar?
post #730 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoleman View Post

delayed again.

[nelson]
Ha haaaa
[/nelson]

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #731 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

[nelson]
Ha haaaa
[/nelson]

Hehe. As expected. I was no longer waiting. Once they failed the start of April release I stooped caring.

Asus solution seams all around good so that is the way I'm pointing now.

At least they admin on the press release that they have made too many delays. And if it is to fine tune then so be it. Better have a working thing out of box that another 6 months of beta testing and loosing customers. I'll reevaluate later.

But I think Auzentech should keep one thing in mind. With all this delays and competing products they better have a good price or else they won't be able to catch people to their side.
post #732 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_wilsonii View Post

Wasn't it Sept 2008 when they said this would be out first?
Be better if they actually told the truth and the whole story at this point.

Instead we are met with the same fluff about it making better for the
us the little guy.

They could have added SACD capabilities at this rate at least then it would make the wait somehwhat worth it.

Looks like Oppo will have a full blown Blu-ray/sacd/dvd-a player out before
these guys can manufacture just the card. In fact Oppo actually has live
testers testing their units.

lame, Asus has one right? Xonar?

Don't forget this card is the evolution of the promised and even officially announced, X-tension card, for the Prelude, which some (many?) people bought thinking it would have future HDMI capabilities. So much more than that.
post #733 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMike View Post

The irony is that this company had started to make a real name for itself. It has a couple of really good products in the market and it had managed to best Creative at their own game. Then they start this promise, delay, promise, delay, promise, delay crap and turn themselves into a laughing stock. They would have been better off anouncing 4 months ago that they just weren't able to make it work and they would be discontinuing R&D on the product instead of this crap they're doing now. All they've accomplished now is to alienate customers....not a wise business practice.

I think it started going downhill when they partnered with Creative. Although I don't know what gamers would say. X-Fi is a gimmick, and Creative's marketing is always deceitful. The only think different is EAX, and that's for gamers. I read that fewer games are supporting it, and if I'm not mistaken, Anandtech's comments on CUDA apply here as well. More games would hopefully opt for an open standard to achieve the same thing.

For everything else than gaming, C-Media has been much better, offering industry standards such as Dolby and DTS options that the Creative-based cards could not or would not. I would have bought a Prelude w/X-Tension had it come out with a C-Media chip and not X-Fi.
post #734 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 03:27 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am really disappointed and losing patience. Yes, it is only a card but for me would provide a single card solution to my gaming and HD movie viewing.

Seriously thinking about getting the Xonar now for lossless bitstream sound and use my Prelude for gaming. We all have been waiting for six months and now to tack on 4 months (or more) is just...

I'm sure there are mainly software issues. I wouldn't be surprised if they waited till Cyberlink got the bistreaming working before release.
post #735 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

I think it started going downhill when they partnered with Creative. Although I don't know what gamers would say. X-Fi is a gimmick, and Creative's marketing is always deceitful. The only think different is EAX, and that's for gamers. I read that fewer games are supporting it, and if I'm not mistaken, Anandtech's comments on CUDA apply here as well. More games would hopefully opt for an open standard to achieve the same thing.

For everything else than gaming, C-Media has been much better, offering industry standards such as Dolby and DTS options that the Creative-based cards could not or would not. I would have bought a Prelude w/X-Tension had it come out with a C-Media chip and not X-Fi.

I doubt this has anything to do with creative since when dealing with HD audio, the card is simply suppose to send the LCPM or BItstream DIRECTLY to the receiver. The X-fi is there for gaming use only i guess.

Auzentech should FIRE those a-holes whole said in emails that this card will be released. I sure hope the next gen ATI card will have PAP and shove this right up Auzentech's a$$. ANyone has a picture of Stephane Bae i really want to print it out and BURN IT!
post #736 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I was just saying that to me they started going downhill before this HDMI vaporware stuff was happening. The Prelude has nothing on the X-Meridian. (Well, maybe EAX, but that is highly debatable.) The features on C-Media cards are not just dumb gimmicks.
post #737 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 51
The day that I started showing real interest in this card is the day of another delay announcement. I'll give Auzentech a chance, as I still haven't started my build and am waiting for the Lian Li PC-C33 to become available.

I may get back into PC gaming. Even knowing that it has a limited application, I was a big proponent of EAX back in the day. Listening to the implementation of EAX in Quake 4 and UT 2004 on an X-Fi Elite Pro was quite the mesmerizing experience.

I just hope Auzentech and CyberLink provides us with a pleasant Blu-ray playback experience right from the start (I'm doubtful though).
post #738 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super XP View Post

It's already shipped to retailers and etailers. They are just waiting for the Go Ahead from Auzentech. You won't find PowerDVD in the box from what I was told instead you will get a coupon within the box with a Serial Key which you enter to register your copy of PowerDVD after you download the latest version off the webiste. Not sure if we will get the PowerDVD free or not.
Am I being BS'ed? don't think so, ...........

This is my favorite all time post on AVS! Posted on 3/31.
post #739 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 09:06 PM

finally a new delay notice has just been published on their web:

"Auzentech's Native-PCI Express HDMI Sound Card Rescheduled for Q2 2009"

Santa Clara, CA-April 16, 2009: Auzentech, Inc. has revised the release date of the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card to the first half of 2009. As with an earlier delay announced in January, the additional time is for hardware compatibility testing to ensure that the product is stable across the full spectrum of expected hardware combinations.

"We are aware that many customers, distributors, and dealers are highly anticipating the X-Fi HomeTheater HD sound card and are understandably becoming impatient," said Stephane Bae, president of Auzentech, Inc.

He mentioned forums in which some participants have questioned whether the soundcard will ever be released:

"We have four different companies working in five different locations across the globe collaborating on the Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD. Some of the best minds in the industry are involved," Bae said. "It's coming."

The Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD is the result of cooperation between several companies that include Auzentech, Creative Labs, Cyberlink, and Silicon Image. Today's schedule change is an extension of the final round of testing of the software and hardware as complete a package.

this is all too disappointing!
post #740 of 1939 Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 PM

I don't buy their excuses, they have simply underestimated the work in hand and are treating their potential customers as suckers. Whatever the truth for the delays, the facts are that they have raised expectations and not been open about them. I only wanted the card to hear blu-ray in it's true glory (no pun intended), I have an old Arcam receiver so needed the onboard decoding, but there are now several players that can deliver this and some not much more than the ASUS card. I'm planning the purchas of one or the other at the end of April, but I will certainly not be hanging on for this hype-ware solution.

They have offered no ray of hope (pun intended).
post #741 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 04:17 AM

Liked: 14
I certainly hope Asus ramps up production of the HDAV Slim: their'll be plenty of frustrated takers from this thread.
post #742 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 AM

wasserkool: I agree that SuperXP's comments have not been helpful, but your post is out of taste.
post #743 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 05:05 AM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayking View Post

Will we be able to connect these cards directly to the AMP via HDMI, without looping the Graphics cards HDMI video signal ?

i sure hope so....

Doubtful, and here is why:

HDMI Audio is inserted between HDMI Video frames, it does not have its own carrier signal. Without video, the audio has nothing in which it can be transmitted.

It is possible the card, if it is ever released, will generate a blank video signal if it does not receive on from your video card, but I highly doubt it.
post #744 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 05:39 AM

Liked: 147
post #745 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

It is possible the card, if it is ever released, will generate a blank video signal if it does not receive on from your video card, but I highly doubt it.

This is done my my Lumagen Video processor.
It would make life a lot easier for those of use sending the video to the display and the audio to the Pre/Pre.

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
post #746 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbell View Post

wasserkool: I agree that SuperXP's comments have not been helpful, but your post is out of taste.

Actually, no, they are not out of taste. I wholeheartedly agree.

"But it's just a flesh wound!"
post #747 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 06:12 AM

Officially vaporware! Waiting for Asus to implement 24p and I will jump on it.
post #748 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

In other news, Duke nukem forever to be released in first half of 2009 along with Auzentech card
post #749 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I admit I come to this thread for the comedy value
post #750 of 1939 Old 04-17-2009, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Well with this latest announcement I have decided to change my stance on this card. I firmly believe ASUS has turned their company around and is willing to admit that there have been delays in the past. Their willingness to come out and say that makes me think that they will be on track and ready for this second half launch.

I plan on selling my ASUS HDAV card and waiting patiently for this wonder card to arrive at my door. Let’s cut Auzentech some slack guys. These are tough times and they are a smaller company just trying to make a quality product.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page