Originally Posted by ROBSCIX
That is the whole reason for this card.
I can't quite agree, this card is obviously also a gamers card (EAX support). Gamers have different needs than HTC users.
These are my needs for an ideal soundcard:
- HD Digital Audio Out (This would be HDMI now. The problem with HDMI is, that it needs a video signal. So, the soundcard should add a blank screen, when not fed with something else)
- Headphone Out / Mic In (For every location not at home e.g. LAN party and at home for voice chat etc.)
- EAX support (I'm a gamer, I need this)
(- Linux support) (This is utopic and most other people don't need it)
I think the problem lies therein, that a standard for HD Audio transmission is missing. Somebody should have develop a successor to S/P-DIF. HMDI is not an option because it requires a video stream. DisplayPort e.g. is micro packet based and both video and audio is optional, that's how HDMI should work.
I also really like my monitors directly connected to my graphics card.
- I like to have more than 1 monitor connected
- My reciever is standing quite a few meters away from my pc, and I don't want to have two 10 meter HDMI cables, where one should be totally suffiecent
- Most monitors have molested output with HDMI input
- Input lag gets probably worse when the signal is fed through an reciever
- Reciever don't support more obscure resolutions
All in all I have to wait for another generation of soundcards and still have to be happy with my Audigy 2 ZS (my second, the first one died. And I didn't bought a Xi-Fi, because I need Linux support)