Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Problems with the IronMan Blu-ray disc?

I sat down to enjoy the new Iron Man Blu-ray that I purchased from target yesterday. I got the special packaging discs from them. The disc number 1 is Blue and the disc number 2 is grey. I was told that means I have the new disc number 1 as the old disc number 1 is grey.

I tried to play it with PDVD8 on Windows XP with and without ANYDVDHD running. It would not get past the opening frame with the circle in the middle. I gave up after a few hours of fiddling with it.

Then I tried it again this morning with anyDVDHD turned off. It worked! However, the Bass does not sound right on it. It just did not have the punch that Transformers and all of my other discs have.

I verified that my PDVD8 is set to quiet environment(Full dynamic range), my ATI 4850 is outputting 7.1 channel LPCM, and I was using the DD True-HD track with a fully DVE calibrated system. Has anyone else noticed that the Bass just isn't what you were expecting with PDVD8?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 AM

PDVD8 and 7.3 don't work for Iron Man or Sex and the City for me. I downloaded trial of Arcsoft Total Media Theatre and it works great.

Word of warning, it takes like 4-5 minutes to download whatever it downloads prior to making it to the menu. So give it a shot and then be patient. I also have AnyDVD HD but it does no good. PDVD freezes or closes by itself. Didn't need AnyDVD for TMT
post #3 of 15 Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM

Iron Man works fine on PDVD 7.3. I ran into the problem yesterday of it hanging at the load screen, but I turned off my internet connection and all was good. Reports are that the BDLive servers were getting slammed.
post #4 of 15 Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Sex and the City and Iron Man both work in 7.3 for me. The BD-Live load on the latter was about a minute, but I chose not to download any content.

I was able to start playing the actual movie on both discs.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 PM

My problem is with Disc 2 of the Blu-Ray -- it starts with the Paramount Hi-Def intro, and then it goes to black screen and sits there. A quick google check shows that I'm not the only one with this problem (both on PowerDVD 7.3 & 8). I have 7.3 Ultra myself, of which I believe is the latest build (I'll have to check again on that), but are people here having trouble getting Disc 2 of the Iron Man BD to play through PowerDVD? Thanks in advance...

And in response to the OP, the bass during my viewing was firing on all cylinders. Again, I'm running on 7.3 Ultra, so not sure what the problem could be -- but whenever Iron Man is on the screen (namely when the Mark I is walking out of the cave) it was absolutely BOOMING.

And just to reiterate -- if people are stuck with the blue circle Arc Reactor on the screen on Disc 1, you have two choices -- let it sit for up to 5 minutes to download BD-Live material, or turn off your internet connection and start the disc over to go right to the movie menu.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-02-2008, 08:12 AM

Liked: 147
Can someone rar their downloaded material and upload it somewhere? I have waited 30 minutes and still have yet to download the material.

After you download it once, you never have to do it again.

Thanks!
post #7 of 15 Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 PM

I am having the same problems as "mpgxsvcd" but mine hasn't fixed itself. I am running PDVD8 and i have updated the firmware for my Blu-ray drive but nothing seems to work. The disc gets right past the Paramount screen and then stops; the screen goes blank. I haven't tried updating the Bios yet but that a last resort. Anyone got any tips?
post #8 of 15 Old 10-02-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeper4east19 View Post

I am having the same problems as "mpgxsvcd" but mine hasn't fixed itself. I am running PDVD8 and i have updated the firmware for my Blu-ray drive but nothing seems to work. The disc gets right past the Paramount screen and then stops; the screen goes blank. I haven't tried updating the Bios yet but that a last resort. Anyone got any tips?

Are you talking about Disc 2, keeper? If so, I had the same problem (with 7.3). I installed the TMT trial and lo and behold... it works! So I'm thinking it's a powerdvd problem. Unfortunately, TMT completely f-ed up my computer and I can't play an HD-DVD or Blu-Rays in TMT or PowerDVD anymore without the picture crackling, and ultimately crashing the display driver in Vista. I guess they don't play along nicely... Gonna just start off fresh and and am currently reinstalling Windows.

But if you were referring to Disc1, have you tried disabling your internet connection and then try loading the movie?
post #9 of 15 Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I just rolled back my latest PDVD8 latest version to CyberLink_PowerDVD8_Ultra_080401.exe, the version when I upgrade from PDVD7 to PDVD8 and IronMan BD works right away.
post #10 of 15 Old 10-03-2008, 01:38 PM

Can someone rar their downloaded material and upload it somewhere? I have waited 30 minutes and still have yet to download the material.

After you download it once, you never have to do it again.

Thanks!

Please!
post #11 of 15 Old 10-03-2008, 04:18 PM

I made the assumption my ASUS G45 mobo was just not showing me the loading screen. While staring at a black screen, I pressed Enter, then right arrow, then enter again. In 10 seconds I had the start screen. I went to the extras and download the BD content and exited the disk.

It now loads right away when I insert the disk.

Odd. I never saw a loading screen.
post #12 of 15 Old 10-04-2008, 08:55 PM

I have a HP m9100z with a GGC-H20L and powerdvd 7.3 and 8disc one is accessed when powerdvd loads but then nothing just a blank screen disc 2 stops after the paramount opening any ideas?
post #13 of 15 Old 10-04-2008, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Iron Man worked fine for me with PowerDVD 7.3 v3104a. Started right up with no delay and worked perfectly.
post #14 of 15 Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 AM

I have the Power DVD suite v7.3 and it insisted on patching itself last night when I launched the software. Subsequently, my new Iron Man Blu Ray DVD movie would load and then stall at a screen asking if I want to download extra content, YES of NO. YES and NO are both dead links and the movie is not playable. I was able to play another BluRay movie but not Iron Man. Questions:

1. Anyone else have this problem with this movie?
2. Is the patch bad?

Any solutions are welcome as I am a relative noob at HTPC. My system specs follow (this is a custom built rig):
Silverstone LC-13B case
Intel E8600 Core 2 Duo
Asus P5KCL-PM Motherboard
2GB DDR2-800 Corsair XMS memory
Sapphire Radeon 4830
Lite-On iHES-206-08 BluRay DVD Burner w/ Light Scribe
Western Digital 500GB HDD and 640GB HDD
PC P&C 610 Watt Silencer 610.

Connection is to a Samsung 52" DLP Television via HDMI. There is no Firmware upgrade available for the Lite On player.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-19-2009, 11:03 AM

UPDATE:
I disabled my internet connection and the movie loaded fine.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page