HTPC Drops HDMI sync to TV when changing imputs on Preamp, Help. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-18-2008, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 8800GT plugged into my preamp (Integra 9.9) which is then plugged into my TV (Sony 46XBR4), I'm running Vista x64 with the latest nVidia drivers as of this morning.

If I have the preamp set to use the computer as the source and turn on the computer it correctly sends the video/audio signal through to the TV and everything starts up great. If I shut off the preamp OR change inputs on it (to, say, my AppleTV) the computer thinks I've disconnected my monitor such that if I switch back to the computer as my source a black screen is shown and I have to restart my computer.

Last weekend I tried an ATI card to see if it has the same issues and it does, until you turn off the 'ati external event service' then the problem goes away and you can shut off the preamp or switch sources all you want. Another solution apparently is the 'DVI Detective' but thats a rather costly solution to something that is a software problem.

Is there anything like the 'ati external event service' for the GeForce, can I tell it to not worry about a disconnected monitor?

Panasonic 60VT60, Integra 9.9, Outlaw Amp, Sunfire EQ10, Liquid cooled Windows 7 Media Center

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump. And I reworded the question to be less confusing

Panasonic 60VT60, Integra 9.9, Outlaw Amp, Sunfire EQ10, Liquid cooled Windows 7 Media Center

post #3 of 3 Old 10-21-2008, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 156
It's an EDID issue that's prevalent with just about every HTPC and graphics card connected to a TV monitor through an outboard switch. The EDID gets lost when you switch to another input. You've already discovered the solution. It's up to you whether or not to accept it.
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page