It seems like there is a compatibility problem with MainLobby suite, unless I have a bad board or doing something wrong (:
For those of you that use MainLobby as your front end this might be an issue if it's not just me.
The problem is that you cannot use the built in updating from either MLinstaller or from MLServer. MLinstaller generates an XMLdata error every time it tries to access the Internet to update.
This happens from a complete fresh Vista install, SP1, all patches and updates, all Nvidia drivers and then MLinstaller and MainLobby suite
AND JUST a fresh Vista, no SP or patches or NVidia drivers except network and MLinstaller and suite.
I used same Vista DVD for all installs.
In both cases firewalls are disabled, UAC disabled, no AV etc..
UPDATED: MainLobby issue solved, sort of. It seem that no matter what Vista OS and options I install on this system, it will not allow MainLobbby to use HTTPS protocol. Any other system I have works fine and HTTPS web sites work fine.