EDID Override Thread - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #3481 of 3482 Old 04-08-2017, 06:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just a general anouncement:

EDID-override is now working with Intel HD Graphics GPU's 4th generation and up. I have tested this with a Dell and Toshiba laptop with an 4600 IGP. IRIS pro should also work. You just need a 4th generation CPU (or later).

for more information, send me a PM and I'll walk you through.
papanik likes this.

My gear: Panasonic TH-42PF11EK pro plasma display + TX-P55VT60E -- Iscan Duo video processor -- i1 display 3 colorimeter -- i1 pro 2 spectrometer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 3482 Old 07-24-2017, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post
Check this and the other EDID override thread (see my sig.). It's been already thoroughly discussed. Windows test tones use uncompressed audio (LPCM), which can be at best 2 channels with the bandwidth available over the HDMI link through the TV. OTOH multichannel is possible only with compressed audio (DD or DTS). Bottom-line: stream DD or DTS audio from the application and it will work. For games audio must be live-encoded to AC3 to DTS (there's a hack for Realttek drivers - search for link in the threads).
Hi there,

I know this post was from some time ago, but I am looking to solve my gaming sound problem and as much as I have searched around here for it, I seem to be going in circles. If you wouldn't mind pointing me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

HTPC (NVidia 780TI) --HDMI--> Vizio P65-C1 --Optical--> Vizio SB-4551

(I have other devices connected to the TV as well - PS4, Xbox 360, Bell receiver) so that's why I am not connecting HTPC optical directly to the Soundbar.

Here is my issue. From Plex, my sound is what it should be - DD5.1, AC3, whatever, but from my games, all are CDDA 2.0. Now after reading the threads and trying EDID route, I finally understood why. Question is:

How do I do that Live-encoding you mentioned above? Do I need other sound hardware? If so, how do I get that sound output going through the NVIDIA HDMI connector going to the TV? Or is this is software live encoding option.

Appreciate any help.

Calvin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page