EDID Override Thread - Page 68 - AVS Forum
First ... 66  67  68 69  70  ... Last
Home Theater Computers > EDID Override Thread
1ne2woBe's Avatar 1ne2woBe 05:54 PM 03-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Should be a problem with the native resolution of the Vizio not being standard HDTV, which is required by the AVR.

I googled and according to []this link[] it is in fact 1366x768.

So there are 2 possible solutions:

1. Use separate connections to the TV and AVR (best solution for 1:1 pixel mapping).

2. Override the EDID so that the preferred resolution is 1280x720.

For option 2 please capture and post the real-time EDID of the Vizio and I'll have a look a it to mod it (see link in my sig. for instructions).

Yes sir, that is in fact my TV, and that is the resolution that (1366x768) is displayed while viewing my HTPC.

I'd love to give "1. Use separate connections to the TV and AVR (best solution for 1:1 pixel mapping)." a shot. How exactly do I go about achieving this? Do I use an HDMI splitter, and have it split the HTPC to the TV and AVR at same time? And that would make the AVR only play the sound from the HTPC?

Thanks for all the help!

Tulli's Avatar Tulli 06:15 PM 03-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ne2woBe View Post

Yes sir, that is in fact my TV, and that is the resolution that (1366x768) is displayed while viewing my HTPC.

I'd love to give "1. Use separate connections to the TV and AVR (best solution for 1:1 pixel mapping)." a shot. How exactly do I go about achieving this? Do I use an HDMI splitter, and have it split the HTPC to the TV and AVR at same time? And that would make the AVR only play the sound from the HTPC?

Thanks for all the help!

Use a (generic) DVI-HDMI adapter for the second HDMI connection on the DVI port of your Nvidia GTS250. An HDMI splitter won't work as native resolutions/timings are different.
TheUglyBad's Avatar TheUglyBad 02:30 PM 03-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

If audio is "toslink" (S/PDIF)from the splitter, as you mentioned before, that is correct, i. e. 2 channels uncompressed or multichannel compressed audio is the limit for S/PDIF bandwidth.

Otherwise I've added a full audio block ...

Thanks for all your efforts.

In windows i can only select stereo speaker setup. However in applications who support it (like VLC and XBMC) i can select 5.1.

If i find a solution i will post it here, at this point i am just happy i can play the movies i like

cheers
1ne2woBe's Avatar 1ne2woBe 03:48 PM 03-15-2012
Thanks for the help. The DVI-HDMI works a bit. I am now able to see my HTPC (just as I did before when it was plugged directly) . Just so far, I am able to hear, youtube, etc., but only on the TV. Nothing from the AVR. I have played around with the playback device settings on the PC, as well as movie player settings, but still unable to hear anything from the AVR.

Oh... YES, the volume is turned up. LOL :P

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 04:35 PM 03-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ne2woBe View Post

Thanks for the help. The DVI-HDMI works a bit. I am now able to see my HTPC (just as I did before when it was plugged directly) . Just so far, I am able to hear, youtube, etc., but only on the TV. Nothing from the AVR. I have played around with the playback device settings on the PC, as well as movie player settings, but still unable to hear anything from the AVR.

Oh... YES, the volume is turned up. LOL :P

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Are the TV and the AVR set in extended mode? Set the AVR to primary and verify that all available audio formats are listed on the "Supported Formats" window of the Nvidia HDMI audio device properties.

Or try connecting the DVI-HDMI cable to the TV and the HDMI to the AVR. Maybe the driver is blocking audio on the DVI port.

Otherwise maybe the Pioneer AVR requires an active video out connection to produce audio. Maybe a "dummy" connection to another free HDMI port on the TV will do.
1ne2woBe's Avatar 1ne2woBe 05:50 PM 03-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Are the TV and the AVR set in extended mode? Set the AVR to primary and verify that all available audio formats are listed on the "Supported Formats" window of the Nvidia HDMI audio device properties.

Or try connecting the DVI-HDMI cable to the TV and the HDMI to the AVR. Maybe the driver is blocking audio on the DVI port.

Otherwise maybe the Pioneer AVR requires an active video out connection to produce audio. Maybe a "dummy" connection to another free HDMI port on the TV will do.

Thanks so much for everyone's patience and help with my debacle. I truly appreciate it!!!

As of now, my set up for HTPC is...
HTPC (via dvi-HDMI) > TV
&
HTPC (via HDMI) > ARV

So, with that said... I believe:
Quote:


Or try connecting the DVI-HDMI cable to the TV and the HDMI to the AVR. Maybe the driver is blocking audio on the DVI port.

Is already being done... unless I misread?

I will certainly attempt:
Quote:


Set the AVR to primary and verify that all available audio formats are listed on the "Supported Formats" window of the Nvidia HDMI audio device properties.

... as soon as I get a bit of time and figure out on how to do so. LOL

Thanks again everyone. I truly feel as if I may be missing something so gawd damn simple! It really should not be this difficult! If so, not sure what to blame it on. LOL... TV, HTPC, or AVR! LOL
Shiraichi's Avatar Shiraichi 01:54 AM 03-17-2012
I apologize if I sound ignorant but after reading 30 pages I still do not understand how to do this.

I have a Nvidia GTS 450 Video card and the connection map is as follows:


GTS450 >> Pioneer VSX-821-k >> 32LE5300

All of this done with HDMI cables.

I just can not get the image to display nor sound to come out.

Any help?

Attached to this post is the IDs I pulled out using MonInfo

Thank you very much in advance.

PS: Changed the extensions from INF to TXT.

 

Pioneer.txt 3.013671875k . file

 

LG TV.Txt 3.00390625k . file
Attached: LG TV.Txt (3.0 KB)  Pioneer.txt (3.0 KB) 
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 06:41 AM 03-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraichi View Post

I apologize if I sound ignorant but after reading 30 pages I still do not understand how to do this.

I have a Nvidia GTS 450 Video card and the connection map is as follows:


GTS450 >> Pioneer VSX-821-k >> 32LE5300

All of this done with HDMI cables.

I just can not get the image to display nor sound to come out.

Any help?

Attached to this post is the IDs I pulled out using MonInfo

Thank you very much in advance.

PS: Changed the extensions from INF to TXT.

First of all, are you using a mini-HDMI connector/cable? Have you tried with a DVI-HDMI adapter/cable?
Shiraichi's Avatar Shiraichi 07:08 PM 03-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

First of all, are you using a mini-HDMI connector/cable? Have you tried with a DVI-HDMI adapter/cable?

Unfortunately, that's not an option open to me.

I have dualview both on DVI, work purposes, and that's why I am using the mini-HDMI connector.

Sorry for not making this clear in the first post.
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 08:42 PM 03-17-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraichi View Post

Unfortunately, that's not an option open to me.

I have dualview both on DVI, work purposes, and that's why I am using the mini-HDMI connector.

Sorry for not making this clear in the first post.

Well, for the record, I could never get the mini-HDMI connection to work 100% with my GTS450. It worked only after boot but then lost connection when switching. But I used an mini-HDMI/HDMI adapter, maybe a mini-HDMI/HDMI cable will work, but I'm not sure.

But AFAIK a GTS450 can only drive up to 2 monitors. For 3 monitors you need a GTX 5xx card.
Shiraichi's Avatar Shiraichi 01:25 AM 03-21-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Well, for the record, I could never get the mini-HDMI connection to work 100% with my GTS450. It worked only after boot but then lost connection when switching. But I used an mini-HDMI/HDMI adapter, maybe a mini-HDMI/HDMI cable will work, but I'm not sure.

But AFAIK a GTS450 can only drive up to 2 monitors. For 3 monitors you need a GTX 5xx card.

Ah, I am not trying to do a triple display system but to be able to switch between my dualview to single TV view through receiver.

I am realizing now I should had given you these details ahead of time, ugh, I swear I did think I was offering all the necessary info.

Once again, I apologize.
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 04:07 AM 03-21-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraichi View Post

Ah, I am not trying to do a triple display system but to be able to switch between my dualview to single TV view through receiver.

I am realizing now I should had given you these details ahead of time, ugh, I swear I did think I was offering all the necessary info.

Once again, I apologize.

No worries. Try booting the system with the AVR switched to the TV. If you get image try switching to the dual/view input, and then back to the TV. If image is lost then, of course, the mini-HDMI connector is the problem, and the only choice would be trying a mini-HDMI/HDMI cable, if you haven't already.
Shiraichi's Avatar Shiraichi 12:54 PM 03-21-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

No worries. Try booting the system with the AVR switched to the TV. If you get image try switching to the dual/view input, and then back to the TV. If image is lost then, of course, the mini-HDMI connector is the problem, and the only choice would be trying a mini-HDMI/HDMI cable, if you haven't already.

I tried the solution number one you offered, try to connect through the mini HDMI and then restart the PC while the Receiver and TV are on to no avail.

I have found a way to force it to appear in the TV but then the resolution is all messed up and can't get it corrected nor the sound comes through the mini HDMI.

Any other recommendations please?
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 01:39 PM 03-21-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraichi View Post

I tried the solution number one you offered, try to connect through the mini HDMI and then restart the PC while the Receiver and TV are on to no avail.

I have found a way to force it to appear in the TV but then the resolution is all messed up and can't get it corrected nor the sound comes through the mini HDMI.

Any other recommendations please?

A mini-HDMI/HDMI cable (no mini HDMI/HDMI adapter), but I'm not sure that it'll really work.
pulpfxn's Avatar pulpfxn 03:52 AM 03-25-2012
Hi Tulli. I've recently upgraded my TV and wondered if you could insert the 8-LPCM SAD and combine with my new TV.
I would really appreciate any assistance.

 

Samsung LA40D550 HT-R380.zip 2.5859375k . file
Attached: Samsung LA40D550 HT-R380.zip (2.6 KB) 
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 08:38 AM 03-25-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfxn View Post
Hi Tulli. I've recently upgraded my TV and wondered if you could insert the 8-LPCM SAD and combine with my new TV.
I would really appreciate any assistance.
...

 

Samsung LA40D550 - ONKYO HTR-380.zip 1.2802734375k . file
Attached: Samsung LA40D550 - ONKYO HTR-380.zip (1.3 KB) 
me_21's Avatar me_21 12:52 AM 03-30-2012
Hi
Cant get audio from nvidia gtx when connected to yamaha rx-a810 receiver and benq w600.

Using Nvidia 3d vision configuration with emitter and nvidia 3d glasses . Monitor driver has been replaced with 'Acer H5360 (EDID Override) to get nvidia supported 3d display.

Any solutions?

Thanks
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 07:06 AM 03-30-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by me_21 View Post

Hi
Cant get audio from nvidia gtx when connected to yamaha rx-a810 receiver and benq w600.

Using Nvidia 3d vision configuration with emitter and nvidia 3d glasses . Monitor driver has been replaced with 'Acer H5360 (EDID Override) to get nvidia supported 3d display.

Any solutions?

Thanks

The EDID override that you're using is the problem. I would recommend separate connections to the proj. and the AVR. Otherwise a proper merge of the real-time EDIDs of the proj. and the AVR is required. I can help you with this but I need the real-time EDID of the W600 to do the mod (see instructions in my sig.).
me_21's Avatar me_21 09:58 AM 03-30-2012
Thanks for your help.Running separate feeds from the two dvi feeds has solved the problem.
pulpfxn's Avatar pulpfxn 02:09 AM 04-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

...

Thanks for this Tulli. Unfortunatey, I still don't seem to be able to send 8 channels to my AVR. Anything over 5.1 comes out as stereo. Any idea what the issue could be?
mdgadley's Avatar mdgadley 12:02 AM 04-09-2012
Okay, after skimming through the past 60 pages of this, I kinda know what's going on. My video is fine, but I can't get 5.1 audio out to my receiver. Here's what I have:

[HTPC w/ GeForce GT 430] --HDMI--> [Sony BDV-E750W Home Theater System] --HDMI--> [Sony KDL-46EX700]

Easy setup with just HDMI cables. I used MonInfo to save the EDID of the TV and Receiver to inf, but still not sure how to edit these and set them as the display driver so the graphics card will bitstream 5.1 to the receiver. I uploaded the EDID info for both TV and receiver, if anyone can point me in the right direction on what to do next.

Thanks.

 

Sony BDV-E750W.zip 1.228515625k . file

 

Sony KDL-46EX700.zip 1.25390625k . file
Attached: Sony KDL-46EX700.zip (1.3 KB)  Sony BDV-E750W.zip (1.2 KB) 
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 06:38 AM 04-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgadley View Post

Okay, after skimming through the past 60 pages of this, I kinda know what's going on. My video is fine, but I can't get 5.1 audio out to my receiver. Here's what I have:

[HTPC w/ GeForce GT 430] --HDMI--> [Sony BDV-E750W Home Theater System] --HDMI--> [Sony KDL-46EX700]

Easy setup with just HDMI cables. I used MonInfo to save the EDID of the TV and Receiver to inf, but still not sure how to edit these and set them as the display driver so the graphics card will bitstream 5.1 to the receiver. I uploaded the EDID info for both TV and receiver, if anyone can point me in the right direction on what to do next.

Thanks.

According to EDID of Sony BDV-E750W you have 5.1 AC3 and DTS capability. Check that these formats are listed for the HDMI audio device (Under "Supported Formats").

Just keep in mind that 2 channels for the HDMI audio device applies only to uncompressed audio (LPCM), which is the maximum for S/PDIF bandwidth. But 5.1 compressed audio should work. Of course the application audio must be set to output uncompressed audio. If it's with games look for a cheap audio card that does live DD or DTS encoding.
mdgadley's Avatar mdgadley 06:11 PM 04-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

According to EDID of Sony BDV-E750W you have 5.1 AC3 and DTS capability. Check that these formats are listed for the HDMI audio device (Under "Supported Formats").

Just keep in mind that 2 channels for the HDMI audio device applies only to uncompressed audio (LPCM), which is the maximum for S/PDIF bandwidth. But 5.1 compressed audio should work. Of course the application audio must be set to output uncompressed audio. If it's with games look for a cheap audio card that does live DD or DTS encoding.

Thanks for the response. I'm using my HTPC for movies and TV shows mainly. HD MKV's and BluRay ISO's. Not really playing games on it. In the windows sound control panel, normally where you'd be able to select 5.1 surround, 7.1 surround, etc. the only option is stereo:



When I try and test the speakers using a surround sound media file, the front right, center and left play correctly. The rear left and right play through the front left and right. I think even though the graphics card is connected directly to the receiver, it's still reading the EDID from the TV. I've re-installed windows a number of times with the same effect and all of my drivers are up to date. Do you think this could be the issue?
audionewer's Avatar audionewer 07:44 AM 04-11-2012
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 08:57 AM 04-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgadley View Post

Thanks for the response. I'm using my HTPC for movies and TV shows mainly. HD MKV's and BluRay ISO's. Not really playing games on it. In the windows sound control panel, normally where you'd be able to select 5.1 surround, 7.1 surround, etc. the only option is stereo:



When I try and test the speakers using a surround sound media file, the front right, center and left play correctly. The rear left and right play through the front left and right. I think even though the graphics card is connected directly to the receiver, it's still reading the EDID from the TV. I've re-installed windows a number of times with the same effect and all of my drivers are up to date. Do you think this could be the issue?

That is fine, if you followed my explanation. You must check the "Supported Formats" tab under properties and see that Dolby Digital is listed. Then set your video player to send a compressed AC3 audio stream. Again, there is no way to send a multichannel uncompressed audio stream over S/PDIF, only "stereo" (2 channels LPCM).
forestklown's Avatar forestklown 07:56 PM 04-15-2012
Tulli, you seem to know what you're doing and I was hoping you could help me.
HDTV/Monitor: Vizio vf550m
Sound System: Logitech z5500
Graphics Card: GeForce 210

Hoping for ac3 dts ect..

Was also wondering how to identify the values that need to be changed and what to change them to on other displays I may encounter in the future? How do you work your magic?

Will Attach Visio moninfo inf.

Thanks
ForestKlown

 

Vizio.zip 1.2021484375k . file
Attached: Vizio.zip (1.2 KB) 
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 06:25 AM 04-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestklown View Post

Tulli, you seem to know what you're doing and I was hoping you could help me.
HDTV/Monitor: Vizio vf550m
Sound System: Logitech z5500
Graphics Card: GeForce 210

Hoping for ac3 dts ect..

Was also wondering how to identify the values that need to be changed and what to change them to on other displays I may encounter in the future? How do you work your magic?

Will Attach Visio moninfo inf.

Thanks
ForestKlown

Best/simplest solution is S/PDIF out to your speakers. No need of messing up with EDID editing. EDID overrides are only required when there's a problem with EDID detection. Besides, the Vizio EDID shows no AC3/DTS capabilities.
forestklown's Avatar forestklown 08:44 AM 04-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Best/simplest solution is S/PDIF out to your speakers. No need of messing up with EDID editing. EDID overrides are only required when there's a problem with EDID detection. Besides, the Vizio EDID shows no AC3/DTS capabilities.

The thing is, I use to have a 9600gt that had a physical s/pdif passthrough port of which I hooked up a cable to my mobo s/pdif internal header. It worked great, would send dts and ac3 to my sound system through my tv. Then the video card failed and I bought this 210 that has an onboard audio chip which won't let me do this.

I've gotten my bluray player, cable receiver, and xbox to work without a hitch. Is there no way to make this happen?

Thanks,
ForestKlown
sbant's Avatar sbant 11:00 AM 04-16-2012
Here's my setup:
HTPC with nVidia GT430=>Onkyo TX-NR609=>50" LG 720p Plasma, all HDMI connections under 6 feet

The problem I'm experiencing is an odd one. When I play games or browse the web, the video on the LG is perfect. When I try to play tv (Ceton InfiniTV4) or watch a blu-ray, the screen displays the image, but moved over ~10%, with a black bar to the right. If I turn off the receiver, then turn it back on, it fixes the problem with TV, but not with BluRays (stops playback and says that the system isn't HDCP compliant).

Troubleshooting I've tried:
Updated firmware on AVR and drivers/software on GT430--no improvement

Connected GT430=>LG plasma via HDMI--worked perfectly, no image shift.

Called Onkyo to see if there's a setting I don't know of--that was fruitless and caused me to reset my receiver's firmware for no good reason.

The reason I'm thinking it is something to do with EDID is because it's only when dealing with HDCP sources, so I think the system is checking something and getting a bad value in response, then adjusting the viewable portion in response.

Is this related to EDID? This issue is causing my wife to doubt my HTPC project, and it's otherwise a wonderfully fast machine (I'll post full specs in the show your build thread when I've finalized the SATA wires and zip-tied it all) that I'm sure will last for years.
Tulli's Avatar Tulli 11:53 AM 04-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestklown View Post
The thing is, I use to have a 9600gt that had a physical s/pdif passthrough port of which I hooked up a cable to my mobo s/pdif internal header. It worked great, would send dts and ac3 to my sound system through my tv. Then the video card failed and I bought this 210 that has an onboard audio chip which won't let me do this.

I've gotten my bluray player, cable receiver, and xbox to work without a hitch. Is there no way to make this happen?

Thanks,
ForestKlown
OK, try the attached EDID override. As always, 2 channels applies only to LPCM. Just set your application to send a compressed audio stream.

 

Vizio vf550m + 5.1(AC3&DTS).zip 1.25390625k . file
Attached: Vizio vf550m + 5.1(AC3&DTS).zip (1.3 KB) 
First ... 66  67  68 69  70  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop