MediaPortal Install Guide - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1429 Old 02-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
after installing StreamedMP 0.4.298 I no longer have TV show banners in the top half of the screen like before, but instead a show's banner only show up after you have selected its name. Anyone knows if there's a way to change this layout setting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1429 Old 03-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by daMaster View Post

Like archibael said: XBMC unfortunately does not support hardware acceleration and is therefore a horrible choice for all of us with GPUs that can do hardware decoding of SD and HD video.

It should be possible to use an external player in XBMC (such as MPC-HC or Kmplayer) and get HA. I've not tried it myself but a search on the XBMC forums says its there -

http://xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40136
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread...highlight=dxva

From my reading and experience, out of the 3 main frontends - Meedios, MP and XBMC, XBMC has the most advanced graphic engine and the simplest configuration. It also has the best looking skins such as this one -

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45038
post #453 of 1429 Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 AM

Liked: 10
My large video collation has some videos in both SD and HD, is there a way to pick which you want to watch without having doubles? Of corse I would watch the HD videos, but I have a Xbox with xbmc that cant play HD videos so I need to have the SD as well.
Thanks!
post #454 of 1429 Old 03-03-2009, 02:41 PM

Im having some issues controlling mediaportal with a harmony 520 remote and iMon reciever. The directional and OK buttons work but none of the controls work i.e. play, stop etc.

I have the harmony programmed as a Microsoft remote model MCE-1039. The MCE remote selection is checked on the iMon software as well as in mediaportal config settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running windows XP professional.
post #455 of 1429 Old 03-04-2009, 04:20 PM

Figured it out. Had to map the shortcut keys with the remote buttons. Dee-de-dee.
post #456 of 1429 Old 03-05-2009, 07:30 PM

kkozma, thanks for the EPG instructions. Question: I may be missing it, but how do you get the xmltv.dtd file generated? It isn't automatically generated by the .exe, and the link goes to an article explaining the purpose of the file, but not how it is created. Am I missing something?
post #457 of 1429 Old 03-06-2009, 06:46 PM

First, thanks daMaster for your guide. It's been extremely helpful!

I'm pretty new to using MP.

I would like to use MP to watch Blu rays, and had a few questions. I saw your thread earlier about the HDStarter plugin. Did everything as you said, but I can't edit the xml files. I tried word, notepad, wordpad. Says I don't have permission. odd.

One other thing: My blu rays are all iso's on the HD. I'm using Daemon tools to mount it, and PowerDVD to play them. I can't seem to get the importer in the moving pictures plugin to imort my iso's. I'd like to just go to "View all videos", get MP to automount the iso, and then the HDPlugin to use PDVD to play em. The importer doesn't see the iso's, even though they are named correctly, and so it can't show the nice movie info and cover art. Curious how you get this to work properly.

Thanks for any help!
post #458 of 1429 Old 03-07-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcat View Post

I would like to use MP to watch Blu rays, and had a few questions. I saw your thread earlier about the HDStarter plugin. Did everything as you said, but I can't edit the xml files. I tried word, notepad, wordpad. Says I don't have permission. odd.

One other thing: My blu rays are all iso's on the HD. I'm using Daemon tools to mount it, and PowerDVD to play them. I can't seem to get the importer in the moving pictures plugin to imort my iso's. I'd like to just go to "View all videos", get MP to automount the iso, and then the HDPlugin to use PDVD to play em. The importer doesn't see the iso's, even though they are named correctly, and so it can't show the nice movie info and cover art. Curious how you get this to work properly.

Thanks for any help!

Have a look in the mp configuration......expand the videos section and add the following to known media types:

.iso
.img
.nrg

That should cover most image types......then moving pictures will pick up the iso's for you.
post #459 of 1429 Old 03-07-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks for any help!

also, before editing the xml, right click on the file, goto properties, and make sure the file is not marked as 'read- only.'
post #460 of 1429 Old 03-07-2009, 10:36 PM

Does anyone know how to disable the annoying little daemon tools splash that comes up every time I launch a movie from inside MP? I really don't need something telling me that the image is mounting- just play the thing.
post #461 of 1429 Old 03-08-2009, 07:47 AM

Thanks for the help so far. Seems like I am able to get some movie database info now, but still haven't been able to edit the xml file. I'm not at my machine right now, so i'll check if they're 'read-only' files, but I'm thinking not because 1) daMaster has been able to edit them without problem, and 2)I created it using 'Generate' in the StreamedMP editor.

I've recently encountered another problem, and i wonder if anyone else had this experience. When i installed Daemon lite 4120, after a reboot, the sound went totally out. The sound icon on vista showed it as not even available. When i used system restore, everything worked fine again.

Software: Vista Home Premium, PDVD8
post #462 of 1429 Old 03-08-2009, 09:26 AM

Also, does anyone know why every single skin I download says it's out of date? ow often am I going to have to change skins?
post #463 of 1429 Old 03-08-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the help so far. Seems like I am able to get some movie database info now, but still haven't been able to edit the xml file. I'm not at my machine right now, so i'll check if they're 'read-only' files, but I'm thinking not because 1) daMaster has been able to edit them without problem, and 2)I created it using 'Generate' in the StreamedMP editor.

I've recently encountered another problem, and i wonder if anyone else had this experience. When i installed Daemon lite 4120, after a reboot, the sound went totally out. The sound icon on vista showed it as not even available. When i used system restore, everything worked fine again.

Software: Vista Home Premium, PDVD8

Run notepad as administrator: click start icon and in search panel type notepad. Press shift + ctrl + enter

After that, you will able to edit all your files
post #464 of 1429 Old 03-08-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt80 View Post

Also, does anyone know why every single skin I download says it's out of date? ow often am I going to have to change skins?

What ver. are you running? (SVN?)
If MP1, then you can try to edit references.xml and alter it to 1.0.0.0 - but you MIGHT end up with weird screens.
post #465 of 1429 Old 03-08-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spragleknas View Post

What ver. are you running? (SVN?)
If MP1, then you can try to edit references.xml and alter it to 1.0.0.0 - but you MIGHT end up with weird screens.

I'm running MP 1.0.0.0, and StreamedMP-0.6.384.exe, and if i go to configure MP- skins-, i have blue3 v1.0.0.0, blue3 wide 1.0.0.0, foofaraw 0.2.3.0, indigo1.0.0.3, LCARS Wide 0.9.2.0, purevisionHD 1.0.0.3, retro 0.2.2.0, and streamedmp 1.0.0.3. All but the blue ones say they are out of date. What's the problem?
post #466 of 1429 Old 03-09-2009, 05:49 PM

Spragleknas? Anyone?
post #467 of 1429 Old 03-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

As often as you like - however I would ask, why the need for all those skins - you can only use 1 at a time - though I appreciate the need to tinker

Community skins are developed by individuals outwith the scope of the main MP engine, therefore they have to be continually adapted to keep-up. As MP evolves, so do the skins. There is no set timeframe for these, even to the extent that 'support' for certain skins may be dropped as they are no longer maintained by the individuals who created them. From my limited knowledge, the only 2 which are 'officially supported' by MP are the 2 blue skins (both of which are included with the installer and therefore are continually up to date) all others are dependant on the individuals who created them, continuing to upgrade their skins.

Basically its a case of keep checking for newer versions of the skins, until they eventually are up to pace with the main MP engine (in the case of streamedMP though I think they might have supplied a 'beta' version aligned to MP 1.0.1, which hasn't even been released yet). Though there is the workaround suggested by Spragleknas. Whilst this will remove the annoying 'pop-up' at MP start-up, that's all it does and may create some wierd behaviour when using skins which are out of synch to the main MP version.

Perhaps a visit to the MP forums and some investigation might be in order most of your answers will be available there, particularly on the issue of supported skins.
post #468 of 1429 Old 03-10-2009, 03:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have this bug with MP1.0.0 and StreamedMP Beta v0.6.384.
post #469 of 1429 Old 03-10-2009, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just go in to each skin folder, find a file called 'references.xml' and edit the tag to be 1.0.0.0 if you're using MP1.0.
post #470 of 1429 Old 03-10-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

As often as you like - however I would ask, why the need for all those skins - you can only use 1 at a time - though I appreciate the need to tinker

Thanks everyone for there suggestions. As far as why I have so many- I thought the blue ones were kinda boring. (Why use a freeware program that's soooo uncompromisable if I can't customize the main look?)

So I started downloading skins till I found one I liked, and everyone I liked was out of date.

I've thought about the xml workaround, as well as it gives me the option to ignore the warning. We'll see.
post #471 of 1429 Old 03-10-2009, 08:50 AM

Does anyone have an answer as too my question about the splash screen on Daemon tools?
post #472 of 1429 Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Does anyone have an answer as too my question about the splash screen on Daemon tools?

Why not do as a I suggested earlier and 'pop over' to the MP forums and ask - that is where the real knowledge of MP exists - not here on a thread primarily aimed at assisting posters to initially set-up MP. There are dozens of helpful threads and there is more chance that someone else may already have asked the question and received an answer.
post #473 of 1429 Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:

I've thought about the xml workaround, as well as it gives me the option to ignore the warning. We'll see.

You should remember that the warning is there for a reason. That means the skin is not compatible with the version of MediaPortal you are using. This can cause all sorts of different issues (missing information, wrong behavior or even a crash).

So, if the skin version doesn't match the MediaPortal version then you are "on our own" when it comes to possible issues.
post #474 of 1429 Old 03-11-2009, 11:07 AM

Sorry about not answering. Glad you got it sorted out.
Quote:

Guess you got this working
post #475 of 1429 Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

And within an hour too.
post #476 of 1429 Old 03-12-2009, 04:49 PM

Yep. reverted to an older version w/o the screen.

Just a heads up- for those of you who prefer Virtual Clone Drive vs. Daemon Tools- Slysoft just release a new version today that incorporates Dameon.exe, so it is compatible wih 3rd party apps. Haven't yet tried it with MP, but I'll let you know if it works out for me.
post #477 of 1429 Old 03-13-2009, 02:24 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:

Yep. reverted to an older version w/o the screen.

Just a heads up- for those of you who prefer Virtual Clone Drive vs. Daemon Tools- Slysoft just release a new version today that incorporates Dameon.exe, so it is compatible wih 3rd party apps. Haven't yet tried it with MP, but I'll let you know if it works out for me.

Pretty sure they've had a version with daemon for a little while at least. I use it and it works well.
post #478 of 1429 Old 03-13-2009, 03:40 PM

It's funny, because I used to use beyond media, with the dvdlibrary plugin, and I used VCD. It just worked. Then one day, I couldn't make it work. went on to the beyond media forums, and started asking questions. The creator of the dvdlibrary plugin got on, and basically called me a liar, saying that it wasn't able to make it work with VCD, and that I had to use daemon tools. All I know is that I hadn't ever installed daemon tools before then, but it just worked.

Nevertheless, this is the first release that is "officially" daemon compatible, according to the release notes. And I tried it and it is compatible with MP. Also, if anyone is testing windows 7, VCD is now compatible with that, too.
post #479 of 1429 Old 03-14-2009, 12:21 PM

My goal is to be able to play .mkv files and HD movies to my 52" Tv from my cpu.
On this step:

ffdshow: Download the latest and greatest build from here: ffdshow SVN builds, e.g. ffdshow_rev2405_20081201_clsid.exe. Run the installer to install and configure the video and audio decoders.

Is there any further nformation that will help me configure ffdshow audio and video decoders?

I was advised the FFDSHOW walkthrough listed as a sticky, is for DVD playback from disc so i'm not sure if I should continue setting it up that way or is there another tutorial I should be following.

Thanks for the help in advance
post #480 of 1429 Old 03-14-2009, 04:49 PM

anybody wanna elaborate on where I can find the settings for ffdshow for .mkv playback?
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page