Originally Posted by sswats
Just one question.
I have some HD ripped material and some ripped to non HD. Some of which are the same file (for portable media players).
Using the Moving pictures configuration is there a way to get it to tell you which are HD quality and which are not?
Not yet, but it's already on the list as an enhancement for MovingPictures. See here: MovingPictures issue #17
Originally Posted by jagz
Thanks for the guide!
I have a couple questions...
1. How can I get a Blu-Ray disc to play automatically while in mediaportal. I've tried different setups, but mediaportal keeps trying to open the BR discs as photo discs while my Windows Vista default player (HP DVD Play) tries to launch in the background.
2. How can I streamline my music? Mediaportal essentially lists all folders and subfolders within the source folder instead of just automatically pulling out and listing audio files (ala iTunes).
Not quite automatically, but there is a plugin called HD-starter that allows you to launch PowerDVD from within MediaPortal (I'll add those instructions to the guide). It isn't perfectly seamless but it does the job. As for your music question, I don't use MP much for music...
Originally Posted by sdheda
How can I do the following in the TVSeries plugin
1. Force it to show the episode description all the time. I see a message that it is hidden to prevent spoilers. Only after i watch it does it display.
2. The pictures for some of the shows are not available, e.g. Friday Night Lights. Are these really not available?
Also for the MovingPictures plugin will it automatically update with new movies on my server?
BTW, I still have the issue with a line of pixels showing up on opposite sides mentioned in my earlier post. Therefore, I am using MPC-HC as my external player.
1. If you press Info on the MCE remote or right-click it'll bring up a menu while you're in TV-Series. From there go to the options and you'll find an option to "Show/hide spoilers".
2. Sometimes TVSeries doesn't always get pics for every show, and sometimes it does. Check thetvdb.com to see if those shows actually have images online.
As for the "line of pixels" issue, I have no idea what you're talking about and I've never seen that on any of the MediaPortal set-ups I've done. Are you using Vista or XP? EVR or VMR? Clean install?
Originally Posted by gshipley
Thanks for doing this. I have mediaportal up and running in under an hour with over 600 movies imported.
Couple of questions:
1: TV Series - I can't get mine to look like yours with the film strip view. Do I just need to press the info button like in moving pictures and change the default layout? (not at my HTPC right now so I can't try this)
2: Blu-ray - How did you add the BluRay main menu item? How do you even play bluray from disc, iso, or folder structure format? I tried importing them by moving pictures just ignored it.
3: Can you add info how to remove things from the main menu
Also, you may want to add the disclaimer that the regsvr32 command to alter registry needs to happen as a user with admin access. If you don't open the command window in admin mode, you can a weird error when register the codec.
1. Do you mean you don't have the fan art in the background? That's because you have to tell Tv-Series to download and use the fan art. To do that, right-click or press Info while viewing a particular series, e.g. Heroes. Then select fan art and you'll be shown a bunch of fan art to choose from.
2. I'll add instructions on the PowerDVD shortcut.
3. I'll add instructions on adding/removing items from the main menu.
Thanks for the tip on regsvr32, will add that as well.
Originally Posted by cybrsage
Does MP use the Microsoft Remote? My wife loves the MS remote, so I would need to use it for everything, just like I would use it in VMC.
I guess you missed that in the guide at the very top. It works perfectly with the MCE remote.