MediaPortal Install Guide - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1429 Old 06-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1) i get that prob with any video... i have to shutdown mp

2) i have ac3filter set to spdif. i have everything set the way you have it in your guide

edit: sorry forgot to mention that i already knew about the changes mentioned in the pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1429 Old 06-11-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohanix View Post

1) i get that prob with any video... i have to shutdown mp

2) i have ac3filter set to spdif. i have everything set the way you have it in your guide

edit: sorry forgot to mention that i already knew about the changes mentioned in the pdf

For the focus-loss problem: I did some more testing and solved my issue by killing the mptray process. Did you install the Mptray plugin? If so, that might in fact be your problem. Try killing that process and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Now I need to figure out a way to get MediaPortal to launch by pressing the Green button on my MCE remote since Mptray isn't reliable...
post #633 of 1429 Old 06-11-2009, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by daMaster View Post

For the focus-loss problem: I did some more testing and solved my issue by killing the mptray process. Did you install the Mptray plugin? If so, that might in fact be your problem. Try killing that process and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Now I need to figure out a way to get MediaPortal to launch by pressing the Green button on my MCE remote since Mptray isn't reliable...

I use IR Server Suite's Launcher to launch mediaportal.exe using the Greeen/Start button. Once launched it give MP control of the Green button so you can use it to go to the Basic Home screen.

post #634 of 1429 Old 06-11-2009, 06:26 AM

i'll try that when i get home tonight..

i dont use a remote.. i have the logitech dinovo edge. i programmed a key to launch mp.

do i need ac3filter?
post #635 of 1429 Old 06-12-2009, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

FYI: I updated the guide with some recent screenshots. Have a look.
post #636 of 1429 Old 06-12-2009, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

FYI: I updated the guide with some recent screenshots. Have a look.

How did you get the video and audio type to show up on pause in your On-screen display during video playback screen shot?

My Band: Scotch on Sunday
post #637 of 1429 Old 06-12-2009, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Flowerday View Post

How did you get the video and audio type to show up on pause in your On-screen display during video playback screen shot?

MP 1.0.2 does that (and the latest version of the StreamedMP skin).
post #638 of 1429 Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

MP 1.0.2 does that (and the latest version of the StreamedMP skin).

Hmmm, I get the clock but not the video and audio information.

post #639 of 1429 Old 06-12-2009, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Set your logging level to debug and see if there are any error messages in your logs. It could be that MediaInfo.dll isn't loading correctly on your system. I get that display for all videos, and I only don't get it for live TV.
post #640 of 1429 Old 06-12-2009, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Set your logging level to debug and see if there are any error messages in your logs. It could be that MediaInfo.dll isn't loading correctly on your system. I get that display for all videos, and I only don't get it for live TV.

I have the latest mediainfo.dll for the latest test version of My TV Series, so that might explain it.

Thanks!

post #641 of 1429 Old 06-14-2009, 12:06 PM

Trying to install today and it keeps telling me no internet connection detected!! I've tried searching but can't find anything.

Any thoughts?
post #642 of 1429 Old 06-15-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:

no mptray process present. i dont know whats different.. other than a cleaner system.
post #643 of 1429 Old 06-15-2009, 03:44 PM

Hi, posted this on the MediaPortal forums earlier but they don't seem to get as much traffic.

I just built my HTPC and installed MediaPortal and it works great. Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get my tuner card recognized. I have a AverTVHD Duet (http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/...tab=UserManual), and from what I can tell, the drivers are BDA? It doesn't show up in the TV Server configuration, but I've gotten it working fine in Windows Media Center. Running Windows 7 RC btw.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this working? Thank you!
post #644 of 1429 Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Do you have a link on how to configure for use with tmt3? I have most of it setup but can't quite get it to work. Also how did you change the menu to actually say watch movie and Bluray?

thanks
post #645 of 1429 Old 06-15-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:

middle click on the mouse will show the video/audio information.
post #646 of 1429 Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagatech View Post

Hi, posted this on the MediaPortal forums earlier but they don't seem to get as much traffic.

I just built my HTPC and installed MediaPortal and it works great. Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get my tuner card recognized. I have a AverTVHD Duet (http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/...tab=UserManual), and from what I can tell, the drivers are BDA? It doesn't show up in the TV Server configuration, but I've gotten it working fine in Windows Media Center. Running Windows 7 RC btw.

Definitely sounds like a driver issue to me. If TV Server isn't seeing the tuner card then it means the BDA drivers aren't registered on your system correctly. Check if the tuner card is showing up in Device Manager as using BDA drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzjack View Post

Do you have a link on how to configure for use with tmt3? I have most of it setup but can't quite get it to work. Also how did you change the menu to actually say watch movie and Bluray?

thanks

I used to use the "HD Starter" plug-in to launch PowerDVD, but for some reason the HD-Starter DLL didn't work for me in MP 1.0.2, so I used the MultiShortcut plug-in instead. Nonetheless, you need the HD-starter.exe AutoHotkey-generated executable and you can follow my directions in this post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post15813289

Basically, you use the AutoHotkey script to launch TMT (use the source code found in the HD Starter thread from the MP forums, and just replace the call to the PowerDVD executable by TMT), and you use the Multishortcut plugin (that comes with documentation) to launch the AutoHotkey script (which you compile into an executable). The Multishortcut plugin will then have a plugin ID (in MP Configuration). You use the StreamedMP Editor to add a "Watch a Blu-Ray" option to your basic home screen, then you edit the generated basichome.xml to replace the of the "Watch a Blu-Ray" button to be the ID of the Multishortcut plugin.

It sounds complicated, but it's rather simple. Good luck!
post #647 of 1429 Old 06-16-2009, 04:17 PM

That looks like fun. LOL Any ideas on my internet connection problem?. I have searched everywhere and asked on the mp forum and i am getting nowhere. I have no firewall/antivirus on and i don't think i'm behind a proxy server? Its a shame. I love the way MP looks but its turning into a real PITA.
post #648 of 1429 Old 06-16-2009, 05:08 PM

looks like i may have fixed the kb issue.. its either 1) i changed the option for alternative fullscreeen start or 2) i went back to vmr9
post #649 of 1429 Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM

starting from scratch and have always loved the eye candy of media portal, just wondering what I will miss if I dump sage and go with it. I thought the TV portion of media portal had always been suspect compared to sagetv, but it's starting to sound like that is not the case.

Also is there particular hardware I should refrain from? I was looking at the hardware guide in the other thread by renethx. I figure I will be following one of the micro-atx builds pretty closely, but if there is something there I should avoid I guess I better find that out first?
post #650 of 1429 Old 06-16-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejkeebler View Post

starting from scratch and have always loved the eye candy of media portal, just wondering what I will miss if I dump sage and go with it. I thought the TV portion of media portal had always been suspect compared to sagetv, but it's starting to sound like that is not the case.

Also is there particular hardware I should refrain from? I was looking at the hardware guide in the other thread by renethx. I figure I will be following one of the micro-atx builds pretty closely, but if there is something there I should avoid I guess I better find that out first?

Depends what you're trying to do - I got a new tv tuner card, the AverHDTV Duet, and while it works great in WMC, it doesn't work for MediaPortal right now at all. I don't care all that much, I never watch live tv and can have WMC record in the background then the shows automatically appear in MP. Still, if you want live tv, another card would probably be important.
post #651 of 1429 Old 06-16-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:

Definitely sounds like a driver issue to me. If TV Server isn't seeing the tuner card then it means the BDA drivers aren't registered on your system correctly. Check if the tuner card is showing up in Device Manager as using BDA drivers.

I think it's installed correctly - shows up in device manager as "AVerMedia A188C PCIe Pure ATSC", and when I click through to driver details one of the files listed is AVerBDA716x.sys. I'll try removing the card and reinstalling, though.
post #652 of 1429 Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM

Hmmm. I somehow got it working with tmt3. It looks great and even comes up with a wmp style control panel...only thing...it doesn't load from the basic home menu. It loads bluray from the secondary menu? and its labeled no name. Am i on the right track.

Thanks
post #653 of 1429 Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzjack View Post

Hmmm. I somehow got it working with tmt3. It looks great and even comes up with a wmp style control panel...only thing...it doesn't load from the basic home menu. It loads bluray from the secondary menu? and its labeled no name. Am i on the right track.

Thanks

Sounds like you need to use StreamedMP config to create your Basic Home Blu-ray shortcut. If you have never used it then you need to do so. It seems complicated and not user friendly at first, but it is pretty simple once you figure out what is going on.

post #654 of 1429 Old 06-17-2009, 04:19 PM

Figured it out. Thanks!!!! works pretty well. Now on to the next hurtles LOL

arghh. Now when i hit play dvd nothing happens. I can still launch dvds with play bluray but play dvd does nothing. I want to use the internal player for dvd's. I can't figure it out. ****FIXED****
post #655 of 1429 Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 AM

Hi,

I want to by a Blu-Ray ROM for my PC as an interim measure since quality standalone players are still hard to come by in my country.

My biggest concern is that the software bundled with the player will not be sufficient for quality HD playback.

I've been searching the forums about Madiaportal and is seams like a briliant program, I can't fugure out if it provides standalone (with free plugins) support for Blu-Ray playback or will I still need Powerdvd or Arcsoft for example. Since this is just an interum solutuin, I don't want to spend extra money on software now.

Thanks.
post #656 of 1429 Old 06-18-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deonlr View Post

Hi,

I want to by a Blu-Ray ROM for my PC as an interim measure since quality standalone players are still hard to come by in my country.

My biggest concern is that the software bundled with the player will not be sufficient for quality HD playback.

I've been searching the forums about Madiaportal and is seams like a briliant program, I can't fugure out if it provides standalone (with free plugins) support for Blu-Ray playback or will I still need Powerdvd or Arcsoft for example. Since this is just an interum solutuin, I don't want to spend extra money on software now.

Thanks.

You will need a external player. Pdvd, tmt3 etc
post #657 of 1429 Old 06-18-2009, 03:35 PM

Awesome thread, great info.

Thanks!
post #658 of 1429 Old 06-19-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagatech View Post

If you do a search for the avermedia a180 or m780 you will find they do not work in Media Portal under Vista and now Win7. Seems the AverTVHD Duet has the same issue.
post #659 of 1429 Old 06-19-2009, 03:51 PM

Ive got quite a bit of it all set. One problem i am having is with movie titles. Batma came up as a spanish movie from the 80's?
post #660 of 1429 Old 06-21-2009, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Is there a way to disable the watched/not watched icon in MP with streammp?
Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page