post #181 of 1429 Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jang1a View Post

Hello guys. I'm trying to get my harmony one working with media portal. I am not trying to hijack this thread. But since a lot of guys here are interested in media portal, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

Question 1. What do I need to do to get Logitech Harmony One working with Media Portal? How do I set it up?

Question 2. Will this work if my infrared is provided originally by my Sapphiretech TV tuner? (Cyberlink generic usb IrDA)

Thanks a lot.

You need a IR receiver. If you're using a generic Cyberlink receiver,then you need to figure out whether MP supports it,or if there's a MCE emulation option. If it does MCE, just enable MCE in the MP remote config, and then setup Harmony for a MCE device. If no MCE, you'll have to check what MP supports natively. Otherwise, easiest option by far is to just purchase a MCE remote/receiver combo for 20bux and put the MCE remote in the drawer and setup your Harmony for MCE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1429 Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izrun View Post

Any clue how to get fanart for the backdrop in TV Series? I see an option in the TV-Series plug settings, but for some reason it won't save.

Do you mean the screen before selecting the Series? Or once a Series is selected? I was playing with this the other day, you push info button, then select fanart, then choose the backdrop you want. It'll take awhile and download, once it's done I think it resets to the first backdrop. Go back to the backdrop you downloaded, it should be high quality now since it's downloaded and select it a 2nd time. Should show up for the series now. As for before a Series is selected, I have no idea.
post #183 of 1429 Old 12-17-2008, 09:07 PM

Stoked, thanks a lot. I guess I have no other option than to get a Microsoft MCE remote with matching USB receiver.

Some more questions if already using microsoft provided IrDA:

1. Does that mean I just go to Logitech Harmony software, add new media player, add Media Portal? Coz I see Media Portal under Manufacturer settings of Media Center. Then all keys should work?
post #184 of 1429 Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jang1a View Post

Stoked, thanks a lot. I guess I have no other option than to get a Microsoft MCE remote with matching USB receiver.

Some more questions if already using microsoft provided IrDA:

1. Does that mean I just go to Logitech Harmony software, add new media player, add Media Portal? Coz I see Media Portal under Manufacturer settings of Media Center. Then all keys should work?

I just do Media Center PC>Microsoft>Windows Media Center

Interesting there's a Media Portal entry there, not sure if that works.
post #185 of 1429 Old 12-18-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked View Post

Do you mean the screen before selecting the Series? Or once a Series is selected? I was playing with this the other day, you push info button, then select fanart, then choose the backdrop you want. It'll take awhile and download, once it's done I think it resets to the first backdrop. Go back to the backdrop you downloaded, it should be high quality now since it's downloaded and select it a 2nd time. Should show up for the series now. As for before a Series is selected, I have no idea.

I was talking about the plugin setup screen in the mediaportal configuration. However, the fanart does seem to work fine even though that box doesn't stay checked. If you look in the settings screen while mediaportal is open it seems to work great.

Oh, and thanks for the great guide!

-Izrun
post #186 of 1429 Old 12-18-2008, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Hi Guys

So far so good. Here's what I wanna do and haven't been able to figure this out yet.

For regular movies, I'd like to use FFDShow with sharpening filters
For MKVs. I'd like to use CoreAVC codecs.

Right now, it seems I cannot use different codecs for different formats. Like when I add FFDShow for decoder and add the filters in, my MKV's start using FFDShow and then I have lip-synching issues. I find using CoreAVC for MKV's is the best. When I add both FFDShow and CoreAVS under MP filters, then the videos play upside down! (cos probably the FFDShow codecs are conflicting with CoreAVC).

Am I asking too much from MP or has anyone figured how to use different codecs for different formats?

Thanks

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
XBL Tag: TacoKommando
My small HT setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27565515@N04/

post #187 of 1429 Old 12-18-2008, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster View Post

Hi Guys

So far so good. Here's what I wanna do and haven't been able to figure this out yet.

For regular movies, I'd like to use FFDShow with sharpening filters
For MKVs. I'd like to use CoreAVC codecs.

Right now, it seems I cannot use different codecs for different formats. Like when I add FFDShow for decoder and add the filters in, my MKV's start using FFDShow and then I have lip-synching issues. I find using CoreAVC for MKV's is the best. When I add both FFDShow and CoreAVS under MP filters, then the videos play upside down! (cos probably the FFDShow codecs are conflicting with CoreAVC).

Am I asking too much from MP or has anyone figured how to use different codecs for different formats?

Thanks

I have it setup as follows. FFDSHOW all codecs disabled, MPEG2, H264, VC1 etc exception Raw Video. I use Microsofts mpeg2 decoder, CoreAVC for H264 and Microsoft's VC1 decoder.

I then have ffdshow setup as a raw video post processor via media portal config.

FFDShow is configured with 2 profiles one for subtitles & upconversion when source is 480x720 and the default one only doing subtitles only.

I'm using AC3Filter for AC3 and DTS passthrough to my amp. Madflac is installed to decode Flac and the OS takes care of the PCM created by madflac, AC3Filter is set to ignore PCM.

Everything works perfectly. It's very important to have the profiles setup so ffdshow doesn't try to do sharpening and upconversion on your HD content.

My Band: Scotch on Sunday
360 and PS3 owner
post #188 of 1429 Old 12-18-2008, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Thanks Jeff...

Here's my last issue now.....trying to get "My TV" working. Anyway, under the MP TV Server configuration tool, everything looks okay and my Hauppage OTA HD tuner picked up several OTA HD channels. I hit 'preview' on these channels and they launch fine.

Now when I go into MP, choose "My TV" tab, it comes up with a "no tuner installed" while clearly the TV configuration does pick up the card fine.

Any ideas on this? BTW, I did install that TV patch from the MP wiki but this seems to be non-related to the patch.

Thanks for all the help again to everyone!

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
XBL Tag: TacoKommando
My small HT setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27565515@N04/

post #189 of 1429 Old 12-20-2008, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

I've changed my mind. I canned post processing all togethor out of Media Portal.

Now I've registered vsfilter.dll and set haali to automatically load it. I'm using the internal subtitle support in Media Portal. I've also got vobsub installed for out of media portal stuff.

I started using ffdshow as mpeg2 decoder with mpeg library.

Same rules apply for upconversion as I mentioned before.

I seem to get a little less noise/crap this way not sure what was wrong with post processing. The sd stuff seems to run smoother as well.

Though I still think I see a ever so slight judder/skip every 5 or so seconds. It's defiantely a ffdshow upconversion thing, it never happens in my HD stuff. My E6850 is on average 50% when doing up conversion so I don't think it's resource related.

My Band: Scotch on Sunday
360 and PS3 owner
post #190 of 1429 Old 12-21-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger View Post

Doh' Wasn't running in admin mode. I'm still getting used to Vista.....

I got the same error. I'm so new to Vista... like got it three days ago new. Presumably I can fix this then by trying again in admin mode? How do I get into admin mode?

Thanks, and sorry for the ultra newb question, Craig
post #191 of 1429 Old 12-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Hi Craig -

I had *Exactly* this error, and was worse than you, completely clueless about Vista at the time (and probably still :-)).

1. Search for "command" (on the "start menu") - this will include it in a list of programs up top.
2. Right click, choose "run as administrator". this brings up a command shell running as admin.
3. type "regsvr32 full_complete_path_to_filter.ax_file

What really boggled my mind is that I had to do this considering I was logged in as administrator.

But this works.

Joe
post #192 of 1429 Old 12-21-2008, 09:46 PM

Ok, so another Vista cluless question - I have been using MP for about 6 months and LOVE it. Until recently was running it on Vista Home Basic. But would like to use the DXVA features of my G45, so upgraded it to Vista Home Premium (you apparently need to have Aero enabled to use the hardware acceleration).

Now when I hit the green button on my MCE remote, VMC starts up over Media Portal.

I use MP to get rid of VMC! :-)

How can I disable this "feature"?

Thanks!
post #193 of 1429 Old 12-21-2008, 09:51 PM

Really good thread, glad to see that Media Portal is getting some positive airtime on AVS.

Would like to add that the Automatic Refresh Rate Changer addon is a must have, especially for those that cant live without 24p.

It basically is an addon that sniffs out the framerate as they are loaded, and changes the refresh rate on your video card to match.

Essential for judder free playback IMO.

See: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/me...changer-44338/

FWIW, I use the 12 noon Display changer option to change the refresh rate on my G45ID mobo.

My only beef about Media player at this point is that more than one city in the weather plug is REALLY REALLY slow. If you choose a different city than the default one, you end up waiting like 90 seconds or so.

Other than that MP rocks
post #194 of 1429 Old 12-21-2008, 10:47 PM

Just going through trying the StreamedMP skin now. Suggestion: would be useful for you to include links to download the plugins you mention. Took me a while to figure out what/where to download.

While searching for the plugins, I saw Bleazle-something skin there - looked good to me. Any thoughts?
post #195 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaigle View Post

Hi Craig -

I had *Exactly* this error, and was worse than you, completely clueless about Vista at the time (and probably still :-)).

1. Search for "command" (on the "start menu") - this will include it in a list of programs up top.
2. Right click, choose "run as administrator". this brings up a command shell running as admin.

What really boggled my mind is that I had to do this considering I was logged in as administrator.

But this works.

Joe

I'm less than a week old when it comes to Vista so you could say I'm still learning to walk. Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out later.

Craig
post #196 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 06:12 AM

Anyone have a residual black box in the upper left hand corner after stopping a movie? The box comes from the mini-screen that continues playing the movie if you escape back to the movie menu. Shutting down MP and restarting resets it, but obviously that isn't a fix. :-)
post #197 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaigle View Post

Hi Craig -

But this works.

Joe

Hey Joe, I didn't get your tip to work but I found another way so here it is for those who may find it useful.

Type regsvr32 "C:\\Program Files\\MPCVideoDecoder\\MPCVideoDec.ax" (per the MP instructions) into the search box in the start menu. Then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter. Apperantly this tells whatever you typed in there to run as administrator. Thanks again or the help.

Craig
post #198 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 06:57 AM

post #199 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig aguiar View Post

Hey Joe, I didn't get your tip to work but I found another way so here it is for those who may find it useful.

Type regsvr32 "C:\\Program Files\\MPCVideoDecoder\\MPCVideoDec.ax" (per the MP instructions) into the search box in the start menu. Then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter. Apperantly this tells whatever you typed in there to run as administrator. Thanks again or the help.

Craig

Little late in responding to you, but that is how I did it as well. I'm still new to Vista too....
post #200 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 01:09 PM

quick question... i'm having issues with the playback of music tracks. mainly that it's not continuous, if i load my playlist and press play on a song it just stops after that song, i don't see any settings anywhere that i could change that would make it work... also skipping tracks doesn't work, or trying to start a new track while one is playing.
i'm using the streamedmp skin if that helps.
post #201 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spragleknas View Post

Read more

Excellent! Been waiting a long time for this! Looks like I'll have to install this and update the guide.
post #202 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 01:24 PM
CFC
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Can anyone confirm whether the Aver M780 card will now work with MediaPortal in Vista?
The last time I tried, it could not load the digital tuner and the best answer I got on the MP forum was "tough luck".

CFC

Signature goes here
post #203 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Why does it insist to install MediaPlayer11 for XP when I'm running Vista?

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #204 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Anyone figured out why when Moving Pictures loads, it always lands on the same movie (and I don't mean it lands on the first one)?

Edit: Nevermind, found the answer in the MediaPortal forums.

Jim
post #205 of 1429 Old 12-22-2008, 07:23 PM

Hey everybody. I've got it all installed finally. Thanks for the awesome guide. I never would have figured out all that by myself. I have three questions though.

First. When i pop in a DVD, it loads up and then the screen goes black. I know it's playing because as you navigate to other screen (and it shrinks small) I can see the counter.

Second, on the home screen where you can choose all the activities, my mouse cursor shows but as soon as I move from the top left corner all the activities go away and I have a mostly black screen. Then i move the cursor back and the options return. Everything is ok When i use the keyboard to navigate.

Third, if i have the DVD in the tray and it's not playing, how do i get it to play. There is no MY DVD or DVD selection in the home menu.

Thanks alot, Craig
post #206 of 1429 Old 12-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Second, on the home screen where you can choose all the activities, my mouse cursor shows but as soon as I move from the top left corner all the activities go away and I have a mostly black screen. Then i move the cursor back and the options return. Everything is ok When i use the keyboard to navigate.

Third, if i have the DVD in the tray and it's not playing, how do i get it to play. There is no MY DVD or DVD selection in the home menu.

Thanks alot, Craig

Yeah, there's something weird with how the skin responds to the mouse. Keep in mind that the skin is still beta. As for palying the DVD, push the green home button to get the middle menu view, and goto My Videos, your DVD drive should be listed there,

BTW, Congratulations on Mediaportal version 1.0!!!
post #207 of 1429 Old 12-23-2008, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked View Post

Yeah, there's something weird with how the skin responds to the mouse. Keep in mind that the skin is still beta. As for palying the DVD, push the green home button to get the middle menu view, and goto My Videos, your DVD drive should be listed there,

BTW, Congratulations on Mediaportal version 1.0!!!

As i have explained here

Code:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/basichome-black-screen-problem-50438
the black screen when using the mouse on the home page is unavoidable.

You will be happy to know that the latest version of the skin, released today (StreamedMP 0.3.270) now has the ability to add the Play DVD shortcut to the Basichome Menu.

This new release also fixes most of the bugs in the TV Section along with a few others.

Also included is new versions of TV Series and Moving Pictures.

I encourage people to checkout our forum and have a read through the info threads there as they will help in getting the skin set up properly.

BTW Good guide daMaster
post #208 of 1429 Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 AM

Thanks for the info on the mouse. The issue isn't an issue so to speak. I just like knowing it's not corrupted in some way. Now for the Play DVD from the Basic Menu. I think you post also answers my previous question, meaning I need the new skin. Can you direct me to a thread that assists in uninstalling and reinstalling the skin, or upgrading, or whatever?

Thanks
post #209 of 1429 Old 12-23-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info on the mouse. The issue isn't an issue so to speak. I just like knowing it's not corrupted in some way. Now for the Play DVD from the Basic Menu. I think you post also answers my previous question, meaning I need the new skin. Can you direct me to a thread that assists in uninstalling and reinstalling the skin, or upgrading, or whatever?

Thanks

If you have installed the previous version ie 0.2.219 then all you need to do is download the new installer and run it and it will update if you have an older version you will need to uninstall it and install the new skin.

I encourace you to checkout our forum, but This Thread in particular should have all the links you will need to get the skin setup properly.

We have added a view new options and enhancements to tvseries so you will need to import new format rules, there is a guide for this that links from that thread.

If you have any bugs have a read on how to report them on our issue tracker and then they will be fixed (hopefully) for the next release.
post #210 of 1429 Old 12-24-2008, 06:35 AM

Thanks for this thread. Does anybody know if there is any way to send DTS/AC3 bitstream over HDMI in MediaPortal? I know you can do it with PowerDVD but I have not found how to make it in MP. My problem is that my graphic card doesn´t support multichannel LPCM over HDMI, and I would like to use this connection to my receiver.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page