MediaPortal Install Guide - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 1429 Old 12-24-2008, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Make sure your default sound device is HDMI. You may have to tweak around with the output-- I don't recall exactly, but something tells me I had to select "Directsound" rather than Waveout. Set any decoder or filter to output in SPDIF or "Digital Output". Your audio driver should figure out the rest.

I do not speak officially in any sense for
Intel Corp., Technology Manufacturing Group
but I do work there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 1429 Old 12-24-2008, 08:43 AM

does mediaportal 1.0 have internal subtitles support (NOT DIRECTVOBSUB) for DXVA enabled x264 yet??
post #213 of 1429 Old 12-24-2008, 12:26 PM

DouXXX: Same question here. With VobSub disabled fully hardware accelerated playback, no CPU usage, with enabled 50% CPU usage. I wish there was some way of hardware acceleration with subtitles.
post #214 of 1429 Old 12-24-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizcolq View Post

Thanks for this thread. Does anybody know if there is any way to send DTS/AC3 bitstream over HDMI in MediaPortal? I know you can do it with PowerDVD but I have not found how to make it in MP. My problem is that my graphic card doesn´t support multichannel LPCM over HDMI, and I would like to use this connection to my receiver.

yes if you will use ac3filter, it is working for me
post #215 of 1429 Old 12-27-2008, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I still can't get smooth playback for 1080p MKVs in MP. The audio and video go in and out of sync non stop.
I still can't get multicannel audio in MWVs to be passed to AC3Filter.
I have ffdshow for the mpeg2 video decoder, MPC Video Dec for the h264 video decoder, and AC3Filter as the audio decoder.

In radlight I have boosted the merit of the MPC Video Dec to the highest, and the 1080p files check out (and play smoothly) in the graphedit player even though I have over 70% CPU utilization. Graph Edit gives the following error for some MKV files:

"Mkx

A decoder for the new track could not be found. Track type: SRT/UTF-8"

I'm not using subtitles. MP goes to 100% CPU and is choppy.

It seems 720p plays smoothly so it must be an issue with hardware acceleration.

Here is my setup:
780g motherboard integrated video with catlyst 8.12 and realtek 2.12 drivers
2.8ghz AMD dual core
4gb ddr2-800 ram
vista x32 fresh install with December 2008 updates
MP 1.0.0.0
post #216 of 1429 Old 12-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty2k1 View Post

I still can't get smooth playback for 1080p MKVs in MP. The audio and video go in and out of sync non stop.
I still can't get multicannel audio in MWVs to be passed to AC3Filter.
I have ffdshow for the mpeg2 video decoder, MPC Video Dec for the h264 video decoder, and AC3Filter as the audio decoder.

In radlight I have boosted the merit of the MPC Video Dec to the highest, and the 1080p files check out (and play smoothly) in the graphedit player even though I have over 70% CPU utilization. Graph Edit gives the following error for some MKV files:

"Mkx

A decoder for the new track could not be found. Track type: SRT/UTF-8"

I'm not using subtitles. MP goes to 100% CPU and is choppy.

It seems 720p plays smoothly so it must be an issue with hardware acceleration.

Here is my setup:
780g motherboard integrated video with catlyst 8.12 and realtek 2.12 drivers
2.8ghz AMD dual core
4gb ddr2-800 ram
vista x32 fresh install with December 2008 updates
MP 1.0.0.0

Sounds like you have Haali Media Splitter set to autoload Vsfilter. If so, hardware acceleration will NOT be working. Check your Haali Media Splitter settings.
post #217 of 1429 Old 12-27-2008, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked View Post

Sounds like you have Haali Media Splitter set to autoload Vsfilter. If so, hardware acceleration will NOT be working. Check your Haali Media Splitter settings.

Nope, I wish it was that easy. I've been battling this for ages.

As an update:
Just using the newest MPC-HC (not MP) I can get WMVs to pass mutlicannel audio to AC3Filter which then re-encodes it to DD5.1. However, HA for MKVs still seems to not work (Using EVR) and the audio is always way off of the video.

Update 2:
Using VMR9 Renderless I seem to be able to get smooth MKV playback with well synced audio. However, the CPU usage is still 75% and up
post #218 of 1429 Old 12-27-2008, 06:49 PM

I posted a thread asking this particular question, but since this seems to be turning into the answer all thread I'll try here:

I've got MP 1.0 installed on my HTPC today. I rip all my DVDs to ISO stored on the HTPC locally. I also have a few TV Shows as well.

When I go through the general setup under Videos and tell it to scan and update the database it's ignoring the ISOs. I've got Daemon Tools installed and configured and the ISOs play just fine when viewing them in "Shares" mode. If I switch to Title Mode only the TV Shows appear.

I think it has something to do with the way DT loads the ISO and Media Portal reads it during the DB Scan process, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Any ideas?

Just to clarify, during the scan process I do see DT load each ISO individually. However only the last one loaded appears in the database and subsequently the Title Menu.

Oddly, I had this same problem in 1.0 RC4 but I fixed it somehow. Did a clean install of 1.0 today and can't remember how I did it.

I installed MyMovies and got it working, but I'm still in the stone age TV wise and the overscan on my Tube TV cuts off too much.

I also installed MyTVSeries, and it found my episodes and imported them, but the GUI in MP doesn't work. Says "File Missing" when I select My TV Series from the Plugins menu.
post #219 of 1429 Old 12-27-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy! View Post

I posted a thread asking this particular question, but since this seems to be turning into the answer all thread I'll try here:

I've got MP 1.0 installed on my HTPC today. I rip all my DVDs to ISO stored on the HTPC locally. I also have a few TV Shows as well.

When I go through the general setup under Videos and tell it to scan and update the database it's ignoring the ISOs. I've got Daemon Tools installed and configured and the ISOs play just fine when viewing them in "Shares" mode. If I switch to Title Mode only the TV Shows appear.

I think it has something to do with the way DT loads the ISO and Media Portal reads it during the DB Scan process, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Any ideas?

Just to clarify, during the scan process I do see DT load each ISO individually. However only the last one loaded appears in the database and subsequently the Title Menu.

Oddly, I had this same problem in 1.0 RC4 but I fixed it somehow. Did a clean install of 1.0 today and can't remember how I did it.

I installed MyMovies and got it working, but I'm still in the stone age TV wise and the overscan on my Tube TV cuts off too much.

I also installed MyTVSeries, and it found my episodes and imported them, but the GUI in MP doesn't work. Says "File Missing" when I select My TV Series from the Plugins menu.

First did you add .iso extension to MP. I don't remember if its in their by default and I don't think it is. Thats what you need to do for it to see .iso's. You can add them in the configuration.
post #220 of 1429 Old 12-27-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmedwards80 View Post

First did you add .iso extension to MP. I don't remember if its in their by default and I don't think it is. Thats what you need to do for it to see .iso's. You can add them in the configuration.

Yep. ISOs have been added as a Video File Type.
post #221 of 1429 Old 12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Another update to my problem a few posts above:

I tried out CoreAVC. It fixed my problem with audio and video being out of sync in MKVs. However, fast motion and panning camera shots give a very choppy picture. It doesn't seem to be a lack of CPU power (CPU usage hovers around 50%) but maybe something else??? Maybe it's just me but the picture quality doesn't look as good with CoreAVC.

Also, WMV files use more CPU than before but seem to play smooth (still with 2 channel audio)
post #222 of 1429 Old 12-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFC View Post

Can anyone confirm whether the Aver M780 card will now work with MediaPortal in Vista?
The last time I tried, it could not load the digital tuner and the best answer I got on the MP forum was "tough luck".

CFC

I'm trying to set-up 2 of these cards also. It would not detect the digital tuner. Only the analog tuners. Anyone using this card in mediaportal?
post #223 of 1429 Old 12-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
[re: difficulty getting MovingPictures to work: "sorry, there was a problem loading skin file".]
...If anyone is having this problem, you probably forgot to select StreamMP in General->Skin.
post #224 of 1429 Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Another update to my problem a few posts above:

I tried out CoreAVC. It fixed my problem with audio and video being out of sync in MKVs. However, fast motion and panning camera shots give a very choppy picture. It doesn't seem to be a lack of CPU power (CPU usage hovers around 50%) but maybe something else??? Maybe it's just me but the picture quality doesn't look as good with CoreAVC.

Also, WMV files use more CPU than before but seem to play smooth (still with 2 channel audio)

You don't have any postprocessing enabled right? I suggest using graphedit while playing your files and making sure your selected codec is being used. In the past, I've seen codecs installed with extremely high priority take over whatever MP settings are selected.
post #225 of 1429 Old 12-30-2008, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You don't have any postprocessing enabled right? I suggest using graphedit while playing your files and making sure your selected codec is being used. In the past, I've seen codecs installed with extremely high priority take over whatever MP settings are selected.

Is there any way to do this other than dragging and dropping the file into graphedit. Do I start playing the file in MP and then drag and drop the file into graphedit while it is playing in MP?
post #226 of 1429 Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is there any way to do this other than dragging and dropping the file into graphedit. Do I start playing the file in MP and then drag and drop the file into graphedit while it is playing in MP?

Yeah, run MP in a window, and then graphedit. In Graphedit, File->Connect to Remote Graph.
post #227 of 1429 Old 12-31-2008, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, run MP in a window, and then graphedit. In Graphedit, File->Connect to Remote Graph.

When I do this nothing happens in graphedit???

Media Portal 1.0.0.0
ATI 780G motherboard
AMD 2.8GHz dual core
4GB ram
Vista x32
Creative X-Fi soundcard (analog output)
post #228 of 1429 Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

When I do this nothing happens in graphedit???

Media Portal 1.0.0.0
ATI 780G motherboard
AMD 2.8GHz dual core
4GB ram
Vista x32
Creative X-Fi soundcard (analog output)

Odd, I just tried it before posting that. Although I'm on XP. Try Graphstudio if you haven't already:

http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/2008/1...phstudio-0310/
post #229 of 1429 Old 12-31-2008, 05:32 PM

Finally got around to doing this but have some issues (XP SP3, MP 1.0)-

1. Although I can see my TV Series in the Details tab of the plugin configuration. Nothing shows up on MP.

2. Even though I've configured the folders for Videos, Pictures, Music, etc., when I go to those menu items on MP, local drives still show up. How do I get rid of those?

3. I installed the MCE remote drivers from here: http://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/startdown/578/ but get no response from my remote.

4. Since the remote is not working, I try using keyboard shortcuts but that doesn't always work either. I highlight a movie, then press P, the screens flashes for a split second and nothing happens. I'm back on the same movie page. Shouldn't it have played using the internal player?

5. MP crashes if I'm going quickly between menu items. On my keyboard, if I hit up/down arrows and Esc real fast, it happens.
post #230 of 1429 Old 01-01-2009, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is there a way to see the original filenames of my video files in MediaPortal after getting all this set up?

I love the new downloaded detailed descriptions for TV shows and movies, but I have several avi files from friends' camcorders which of course don't have matching descriptions to download.

How can I get MediaPortal to display these files?

Thanks!

Bob Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis
post #231 of 1429 Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Simandl View Post

Is there a way to see the original filenames of my video files in MediaPortal after getting all this set up?

I love the new downloaded detailed descriptions for TV shows and movies, but I have several avi files from friends' camcorders which of course don't have matching descriptions to download.

How can I get MediaPortal to display these files?

Thanks!

I'm using the Moving Pictures plug-in for regular movies and use the built-in My Videos plug-in to dump my movie trailers and assorted other videos in. You can go into the database editor and change titles, add your own coverart, etc.

Jim
post #232 of 1429 Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
MyVideo shows filenames of those types you have added into the Video extensions of Mediaportal's Configuration application.
post #233 of 1429 Old 01-01-2009, 07:23 PM

Update on my situation:

1. Although I can see my TV Series in the Details tab of the plugin configuration. Nothing shows up on MP.

Playing around with the config options and it's showing up now.

2. Even though I've configured the folder paths for Videos, Pictures, Music, etc., when I go to those menu items on MP, local drives still show up. How do I get rid of those? I've deleted them but they still keep showing up.

Apparently this fix will be in next release.

3. I installed the MCE remote drivers from here: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - MCE Remote Replacement Driver but get no response from my remote. I've tried using my MCE remote as well as a Harmony 880.

Still not working, not sure what to try. I double checked - in MP config, Remote menu, I have Use Microsoft MCE Remote checked.

4. Since the remote is not working, I try using keyboard shortcuts but that doesn't always work either. I highlight a movie, then press P, the screens flashes for a split second and nothing happens. I'm back on the same movie page. Shouldn't it have played using the internal player?

For Video Player config - I have MPEG2 - ffdshow video decoder; H.264 - MPC video decoder; Audio decoder - AC3Filter; Audio renderer - Default DirectSound Device. I've also tried using VLC as an external player, same result.

5. MP crashes if I'm going quickly between menu items. On my keyboard, if I hit up/down arrows and Esc real fast, it happens when I'm hitting up/down/right/left keys quickly.
post #234 of 1429 Old 01-02-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisanoo View Post

I guess its a good reason -

does anyone know the answers to my other questions above - regarding the emulators? i tried the my emulators plugin but it seems to just exit media portal when i try to use it. also, when i got around that, it just caused MP to crash after exiting the emulator.

sorry to repost but i havent fgured this out (to be honest was spending more time getting other things to work, but i would love to have this set up as well)

does anyone have a clean setup with emulators working out of media portal?
post #235 of 1429 Old 01-02-2009, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Odd, I just tried it before posting that. Although I'm on XP. Try Graphstudio if you haven't already:

http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/2008/1...phstudio-0310/

Just tried graph stuido. Same thing.

When I click "connect to remote graph" I see a graph in the popup window but when I select it nothing happens and I go back to a blank graph screen. Hmmmmm... I might just have to start using graph studio as my media player because when I load a file manually it plays back (almost) smooth
post #236 of 1429 Old 01-02-2009, 02:08 PM

Quick question: Why is Vista preferred over XP?
post #237 of 1429 Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt69us View Post

Quick question: Why is Vista preferred over XP?

I would guess it's because the internal MediaPortal movie player now supports EVR which is only available in Vista. EVR totally eliminated all my tearing problems.
post #238 of 1429 Old 01-02-2009, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrothyDog View Post

I would guess it's because the internal MediaPortal movie player now supports EVR which is only available in Vista. EVR totally eliminated all my tearing problems.

You can get EVR with XP sp3 (and sp2 if you manually load it).
post #239 of 1429 Old 01-02-2009, 08:51 PM

Hi folks, happy new year

I bought a Lian Li HTPC Case that comes without a display, having a Microsoft V2 remote i plan to buy a seperate display, but i´m not shure wich one i should get. One thing is sure, the MS rremote must stay. So i want to find a compatible display with integrated IR that understands my remote and replace the ehome ir, is perhaps Antecs Veris VFD the right choice or should i watch out for a Chrystalfontz one and hide my ehome ir somewhere inside the case ?

Thx in advance
post #240 of 1429 Old 01-02-2009, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
How do u change the default view in MP ...i.e. when it launches, it defaults to "Watch my TV Shows" which I don't have any right now. I'd like to have MP default straight to "Watch Movies" instead.

Thanks

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
XBL Tag: TacoKommando
My small HT setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27565515@N04/

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page