Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 124 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3691 of 4110 Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys Im having a problem with mediabrowser displaying the cover art but not the dvd case for some of my movies. Am I doing something wrong ,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3692 of 4110 Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl drifter View Post

Hey guys Im having a problem with mediabrowser displaying the cover art but not the dvd case for some of my movies. Am I doing something wrong ,

cover art = dvd case

I'm confused what is missing.
post #3693 of 4110 Old 05-02-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoEnFuego View Post

cover art = dvd case

I'm confused what is missing.

It is just showing the dvd cover art on some without the DVD case around it , and some with the dvd case with dvd cover art
post #3694 of 4110 Old 05-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:

It is just showing the dvd cover art on some without the DVD case around it , and some with the dvd case with dvd cover art

This only happens with folders that have multiple video files in them for me (e.g., for the Grammys, I split the songs out into multiple files, one for each song. In WMC, the Grammys master folder has a cover art without a case; each of the individual songs in the folder show the cover art with dvd case).

PSN: xXcrack3dact0rXx
XBL: countzaroff
post #3695 of 4110 Old 05-02-2011, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Delete the cache and it should do them all.
post #3696 of 4110 Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

Delete the cache and it should do them all.

Hang on, before you delete and rebuild the whole cache, try doing a local refresh on one of the items that isn't displaying the CoverArt treatment properly - highlight the cover and press Record on your remote or Control+R.
post #3697 of 4110 Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Rop
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_Margiotta View Post

Multi-part movies are a bit of a pain to get running properly, and ultimately you might find it easier to re-do this movie so it's saved as one file. But first have a read of this topic from the Knowledge Base and see if it helps:

Extras/Bonus features aren't really supported at the moment, I'm afraid, but they're definitely a popular request. Why not sign up to the MB Community Tracker and add your wish to the feature request here?

Thanks Ric!
Yeah, I had read the KB, as well as the playlist article you point to. The latter only works for single-file media, while I rip the entire DVD file structure to a directory (so both sides of "Das Boot" become a separate directory with a set of files each).

I'll look into MKV containers, and play with those a bit. Something I need to do anyway to rip my BR disks to the file server.

-Rob-

Lies, damn lies, and interconnects...
post #3698 of 4110 Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_Margiotta View Post

Hang on, before you delete and rebuild the whole cache, try doing a local refresh on one of the items that isn't displaying the CoverArt treatment properly - highlight the cover and press Record on your remote or Control+R.

Yah sorry this works too, you can also hit record on the whole movie folder.
post #3699 of 4110 Old 09-29-2011, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Having a slight issue with getting metadata/cover art to show up and download automatically..

I store my movies like this..

Drive
Action
Sci-Fi

and for instance under sci fi.. i may have...

Sci Fi
"Source Code 2011"
"star wars movies"
-"star wars I the phantom menace 1999"

etc..

If i take out the 2011 in source code.. suddenly the coverart is there..

For star wars, nothing shows up for the main "entry" called "star wars movies".. i'm thinking i may need to manually create one for this type of folder?

So i take it if you put a year in your folder name, mediabrowser doesnt know what to do with it? Also, where does mediabrowser store the artwork.. can that path be changed?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tech, the Universe, and Everything:  
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3700 of 4110 Old 09-29-2011, 01:33 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Please see this post on the MB tracker if you are using the built-in meta fetchers.

ebr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3701 of 4110 Old 09-29-2011, 01:37 PM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hi guys,

I was wondering what exactly Media Browser actually scrapes?

For example, I've used MyMovies Collection Management for some time to create a front-end for my Dune players and as a result I've also put in DVDID files created by MyMovies in my local movie folders. When I run Media Browser it seems to utilize these DVDID files to identify my blu-rays as it picks up whether it is a DVD/Blu-Ray/HDDVD release and includes format specifics in the synopsis. In addition, it seems to pickup and display the format (e.g. HDDVD) and the video aspect ratio but not the video codec or audio codec.

On the other hand, If I add a movie that I haven't added to MyMovies Collection Management first Media Browser only seems to scrape Movie specific information.

As such, I was wondering what Media Browser can and can't scrape and where I can make any adjustments. Also, can Media Browser scrape TV shows in ISO format?
post #3702 of 4110 Old 11-07-2011, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

It seems that with the latest version of MB, it is constantly refreshing. If I look at the system tray it has the yellow arrows. It will refresh for 19 hours and the bar will never move. Whats up with that.
post #3703 of 4110 Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Media browser, latest version, for me, 2.5 i think, is also having issues.. "latest service refresh failed" pops up when you goto access the icon in media center.. cover art isnt auto downloading, i have to hit the "REC" button to get things to refresh and update too..

post #3704 of 4110 Old 11-07-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by markm75 View Post

Media browser, latest version, for me, 2.5 i think, is also having issues.. "latest service refresh failed" pops up when you goto access the icon in media center.. cover art isnt auto downloading, i have to hit the "REC" button to get things to refresh and update too..

If you are using the coverart plug in did you update it to the new hydra version?

I would look at your plugins and try to find which ones aren't compatible.

post #3705 of 4110 Old 11-09-2011, 08:53 AM

Hey Guys,

So my setup is as follows:
MediaBrowser, using MPC-HC as external player. Using MPC-HC codecs, and no external codecs.

I am starting to notice my black levels are REALLY high (as in the picture is really dark), and I have not changed my TV settings. This wasn't really an issue before, but I have started noticing it more and more. Recently, I was watching an MKV 1080p rip of Harry Potter Deathly Hallows, Part 2 and I could almost barely see anything in the dark scenes (which is pretty much the whole movie, lol). Are there any settings within MPC or my vid card setting (HD5670 i believe) that I should look at? Or anyone experience a similar issue and solve it another way? TV is a 55" Panasonic G10 btw.
post #3706 of 4110 Old 11-14-2011, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin View Post

If you are using the coverart plug in did you update it to the new hydra version?

I would look at your plugins and try to find which ones aren't compatible.

Not using the coverart plugin.. but the built in.. i only have i think 2.. one being the media info plugin, the other being the actor/people image plugin for imdb.

I updated to 2.5.1 and the same refresh error still occurs.. i think due to this error, basically the library doesnt get its metadata/images refreshed/added automatically.. i must manually hit "REC" to update a given folder.

post #3707 of 4110 Old 11-14-2011, 09:23 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

It seems that with the latest version of MB, it is constantly refreshing. If I look at the system tray it has the yellow arrows. It will refresh for 19 hours and the bar will never move. Whats up with that.

see if you're loading the dvr-ms and WTV metadata plugin. I removed it and the refresh problem went away.
post #3708 of 4110 Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 831
This thread has been extremely helpful !

Thanks to all

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3709 of 4110 Old 11-14-2011, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbordas View Post

see if you're loading the dvr-ms and WTV metadata plugin. I removed it and the refresh problem went away.

I actually do have that plugin. Never really used it after I tried it out so I'll ditch it, thanks for the tip.
post #3710 of 4110 Old 11-15-2011, 08:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I really love Media master. It helped me get my library set up nice.

It fetched all the missing metadata, artwork... renamed the files properly ect...

Anyone else have something they use that works well ?

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #3711 of 4110 Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 AM

I like Media Scout too. I actually prefer it over MCM for TV series.

My ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe + Antec ISK 310-150 HTPC Project:
post #3712 of 4110 Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

I really love Media master. It helped me get my library set up nice.

It fetched all the missing metadata, artwork... renamed the files properly ect...

Anyone else have something they use that works well ?

I use meta which is tailored for building metadata formatted for MB. Much less complicated than MCM.

http://themetabrowser.com/
post #3713 of 4110 Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else having issues using MPC-HC as an external player? I tried this a year or so ago and gave up because of issues I was having. Now I recently set it up again and I am having similar issues. I have stopped mapped to exit MPC. Sometimes WMC reopens, sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes MPC crashes or something when I close it because my desktop is stuck in 24hz mode. Its altogether pretty frustrating. I don't want to use the internal player in WMC. BUt it seems like using an external player is not perfect by any means.

It always seems to happen when my kids use it, not sure what they are doing differently though.
post #3714 of 4110 Old 12-10-2011, 09:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by politby View Post

I use meta which is tailored for building metadata formatted for MB. Much less complicated than MCM.

http://themetabrowser.com/

How about for music ?

-

post #3715 of 4110 Old 12-11-2011, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I set up MB a while back and have been very happy with it. Lately, though, I'm getting pretty frequent errors either with MB or WMC itself, which require restarting one or the other. I'm on Windows 7 32 bit Professional, have all the latest updates of OS, WMC, and MB. Using the Jade skin.

Anyone else seeing these errors?
post #3716 of 4110 Old 12-11-2011, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post

I set up MB a while back and have been very happy with it. Lately, though, I'm getting pretty frequent errors either with MB or WMC itself, which require restarting one or the other. I'm on Windows 7 32 bit Professional, have all the latest updates of OS, WMC, and MB. Using the Jade skin.

Anyone else seeing these errors?

Mine seems to be acting up a little lately as well. JUst little stuff like you said. What sucks though now since I'm using cable card I can't do a clean install or I will lose all my recordings.
post #3717 of 4110 Old 12-11-2011, 08:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

On my three htpcs I haven't noticed any issues.

post #3718 of 4110 Old 12-12-2011, 09:17 AM

I just set up media browser yesterday (thanks Assassin your guides are amazing) using the pearl theme, looks amazing. One minor issue I found is that using a MCE remote (Rosewill RHRC-11001 for now) when you select a category (i.e. tv shows, movies, hd movies ect) and then choose a tv series for example (cover flow is the format option), the right navigation button on the remote will not work when trying to select a series other than seasoin 1 . I did notice that if you use the channel down(page down) button it jumps you to the end of the series list and then you can use the left arrow key to navigate, I just found it odd that the right would not work.

This is the only place it will not work, it works perfectly in the main selection menu and to choose the series you want to watch, and then after choosing a series it resumes working to choose the episode you want.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks
post #3719 of 4110 Old 12-12-2011, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinb181 View Post

I just set up media browser yesterday (thanks Assassin your guides are amazing) using the pearl theme, looks amazing. One minor issue I found is that using a MCE remote (Rosewill RHRC-11001 for now) when you select a category (i.e. tv shows, movies, hd movies ect) and then choose a tv series for example (cover flow is the format option), the right navigation button on the remote will not work when trying to select a series other than seasoin 1 . I did notice that if you use the channel down(page down) button it jumps you to the end of the series list and then you can use the left arrow key to navigate, I just found it odd that the right would not work.

This is the only place it will not work, it works perfectly in the main selection menu and to choose the series you want to watch, and then after choosing a series it resumes working to choose the episode you want.

Thanks

Thats weird I've never experienced this. If it only happens there it may be an issue with the theme. You should probably post it at the community tracker at the MB site.

On a side not I'm all for paying some money when folks put in their hard work. But is it just me or is ten bucks per theme a little steep. I visited the MB store the other day and was kind of surprised they were so much. That being said I tried out the subdued theme and I am loving it. Finally switched up from chocolate after quite a while.
post #3720 of 4110 Old 12-12-2011, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinb181 View Post

Thanks

You're welcome. Thanks for using my guides and getting into HTPC.

I am assuming that the right button works elsewhere? Meaning its not just a bad remote button? Does the right button work in other themes?

That's a strange issue that I haven't come across. I use the Harmony One almost exclusively with WMC/MB.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page