Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

I don't know how much time you gave it, but if you have alot of movies and they are on another server it does take Media Browser some time to pull them all up. I run ito the same thing when I clear my cache, nothing shows up in the movie window so I just leave it run for awhile and it all shows up.

Well, you were right. I wasn't giving it enough time to populate. Although it doesn't see my J:\\ HDD. Any ideas??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gamertag:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

staab29, did you get it to work?? Do you choose a icon to use?? Could I use something like this...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...ctive%26sa%3DN

or like this...

http://www.samsung.com/au/system/con...features01.png

Well, I suppose I could just use Photoshop.

it didnt work for me either, i am pretty new at this as well. i have figured most of my stuff out from trial and error and i have read this whole thread. sorry i couldn't help.
post #363 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, you were right. I wasn't giving it enough time to populate. Although it doesn't see my J:\\ HDD. Any ideas??

*FIXED* I'm a moron. I used a capitol F.... oops!!

Gamertag:
post #364 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, I think I'm ready to shite can Movie Library. Is there a way to reverse the hack??

Can I just reverse the instructions...

The first thing you need to do is edit the Windows Vista registry so that Media Center displays a "gallery" view of your DVDs instead of just a "play DVD" button. To do this, run "regedit" and navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVers ion\\Media Center\\Settings\\DvdSettings and change the "ShowGallery" value to "Gallery."

Like if I were to change "Gallery" back to "ShowGallery"?? Would that work??

Gamertag:
post #365 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazo View Post

Does video quality and audio quality stay the same? Also I keep reading to get the files to play in WMC I will need TMT. Is their a demo some place I can get?

EDIT:

Now that I put the movies in their own folders it seems MB is getting the data on its own. Only issue is for one of my movies it is getting the wrong info. I have the 1989 version of The Punisher and it is geting the info and poster for the 2004 version. Also for Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles it is getting nothing.

You don't need TMT to play MKVs.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #366 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Yet another question....

Do I have to clear the cache everytime I add a movie??

Gamertag:
post #367 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Quote:

Yet another question....

Do I have to clear the cache everytime I add a movie??

No, only if you change the cover art in the movie folder, or any folder for that mater

post #368 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Mopar_Mudder.

Is there anyone who can answer this question??

Quote:

Is there a way to reverse the hack??

The first thing you need to do is edit the Windows Vista registry so that Media Center displays a "gallery" view of your DVDs instead of just a "play DVD" button. To do this, run "regedit" and navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVers ion\\Media Center\\Settings\\DvdSettings and change the "ShowGallery" value to "Gallery."

Gamertag:
post #369 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Liked: 148
Quote:

Ok, I think I'm ready to shite can Movie Library. Is there a way to reverse the hack??

It should work. Give it a shot. If it does not (which I doubt) then simply change it back to gallery again.
post #370 of 4110 Old 02-09-2009, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

It should work. Give it a shot. If it does not (which I doubt) then simply change it back to gallery again.

It worked. Now to get MediaMender to change MediaBrowser to My Movies. *DONE*

I also used photoshop to make a HD icon (thanks appleTV) on my .mkv folder.jpg's. Heres a pic...

Anyone know if you can change the icon of Media Browser on the VMC menu??

Gamertag:
post #371 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 AM

I was using SMO and I still can not find anything but the movie poster for my movies. Where can I get the picture or the case and cover art of the movie. It would be nice to know what ones are HD, BD and just SD DVDs.
post #372 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 07:04 AM

Does Media Browser support playing ISOs of BR and HD-DVDs?
Does it support Virtual CloneDrive?

I have a full retail version of Arcsoft's TMT already, so that is my program of choice, and I would want to launch the VMC plugin version of TMT.
post #373 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I was using SMO and I still can not find anything but the movie poster for my movies. Where can I get the picture or the case and cover art of the movie. It would be nice to know what ones are HD, BD and just SD DVDs.

You can try using the MyMovies collection manager, so you can just go to a site that sells DVD's and copy the cover art there. I find that Amazon typically (though not always) has decent quality images
post #374 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have a full retail version of Arcsoft's TMT already, so that is my program of choice, and I would want to launch the VMC plugin version of TMT.

The code has been added but I believe a build has not been released with this new support.

Specifically:

BD/HD-DVD ISO: The next build will allow you to check an option to say "Let Autoplay take over for mounted ISOs".

VCD: They will support VCD explicitly, however the latest VCD beta also supports daemontool commands and has a "dummy" daemon.exe so technically would work right now.
post #375 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:

See my post here for a method that works for me.
post #376 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNkLorD View Post

I have a new problem

I refreshed the cache, now my movies have a space between then, i reset everything back to default and same thing. my tv shows are not affected just my movies (MKVs) i checked the settings and the grid is set to (0) . i can't figure out what went wrong?

anyone? i still can't find a solution for this

post #377 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:

i would like to see BD and HD DVD frames as well. i have seen pics earlier in the thread that someone had, but i cant figure out how to add the frames.
post #378 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 04:15 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by staab29 View Post

i would like to see BD and HD DVD frames as well. i have seen pics earlier in the thread that someone had, but i cant figure out how to add the frames.

I did it in my own copy of MB. It requires modifying the source code.

Most users of MB at this time are not interested in this feature because they use full-sized poster art for their thumbs.

ebr

post #379 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Try using Photoshop to resize a bluray cover. I'll try one and get back to you guys.

I'll also try the frame too.

Gamertag:
post #380 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:

Try using Photoshop to resize a bluray cover. I'll try one and get back to you guys.

I'll also try the frame too.

what are you doing? modifying the image in each folder?
post #381 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Well it took some toying around, but I got it to work. I made a bluray frame, and resized it to a normal DVD .jpg size. Then I resized a DVD .jpg to fit in the frame. Resizing a bluray to a DVD would work also. Tell me what you think. I like playing with photoshop, so go easy on me HAHA!!

Gamertag:
post #382 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staab29 View Post

what are you doing? modifying the image in each folder?

Yes, I originally modified all my HD movies to have an HD logo on the bottom right of the cover. It didn't take long. But I never thought about resizing a bluray cover to fit until you mentioned it.

Gamertag:
post #383 of 4110 Old 02-10-2009, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNkLorD View Post

anyone? i still can't find a solution for this

Why not try and uninstall MB and do a reinstall?? It couldn't hurt.

Gamertag:
post #384 of 4110 Old 02-11-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev View Post

You can try using the MyMovies collection manager, so you can just go to a site that sells DVD's and copy the cover art there. I find that Amazon typically (though not always) has decent quality images

I really don't want to have both MyMovies and MB seeing how they do the same thing and MB seems a little nicer then MyMovies. I guess I will just live with just having the movie posters.
post #385 of 4110 Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwe View Post

See my post here for a method that works for me.

Funny thing is that I did not realize I skipped a few pages. I found your method later on, copied all the files to a USB stick, put your post into Word, and am going to try it out tonight.

post #386 of 4110 Old 02-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
Thought I'd add something here, as I've been using MB for a while and think it's such a cool app.

Anyway, I have DVD's ripped to a media server in there native VIDEO_TS/VOB format, which VMC plays fine. I also have HD movies ripped to MKV format in another location, which means I keep DVD's and HD movies in seperate root folders. I created .vf's for each folder that MB can use, with a graphic saying 'DVD Movies' and 'HD Movies' on the frontend, so I know which are which. I'm using standard movie poster images for each film (not BD covers, or Photoshop creations), and it works fine. The icing on the cake is to use the mediainfo trick in MB, so the format of the HD .mkv file is detected, and I automatically get an icon displayed in the bottom right corner of the poster image saying 'HD 1080P' or HD 720P' depending on the format. I don't have to change anything, or mess around in Photoshop.

I'm happy with this, as it works really well with no other work required.

I've also registered the MPC-HC video decoder in VMC, so I can playback 1080P mkv's WITHIN VMC with full acceleration. This works ok, although I'm really waiting for MB to allow 3rd party apps (such as MPC-HC) to automatically load and play the mkv file. This should be coming soon.
post #387 of 4110 Old 02-11-2009, 05:32 AM

Beta 2.0.8.0 of Media Browser is out
If you've got Beta Updates checked, you'll be prompted to upgrade. After setting up VCD to mount iso's and checking autoplay, MB launches PowerDvd to play my iso's. Hit the Green button, PowerDvd closes and you are returned to the MB interface. "Cover Flow" is a very sleek interface.

I wanted to configure MB to use Theatertek for my sd DVD's, but I can't seem to locate the mediabrowserxml.config file for my x64 install. I turned on hidden files and looked in C:\\Program Files (x64)\\ Media Browser\\Media Browser\\. There were only three files there, an icon, a registration file, and one other file (not the config file).
Am I missing something?

This could very well be the death of My Movies. I'm still currently using it to retrieve my metadata, but I might try Meta Browser to see how well it works. On a side note if I decide to uninstall My Movies, I assume I can safely remove database software (SQL?) as well. Any thoughts on that?
post #388 of 4110 Old 02-11-2009, 05:47 AM

If you'e running Vista with UAC enabled those settings files are probably in the Virtual Store.

Gerry

Big Gerr
post #389 of 4110 Old 02-11-2009, 06:42 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakaw View Post

I wanted to configure MB to use Theatertek for my sd DVD's, but I can't seem to locate the mediabrowserxml.config file for my x64 install. I turned on hidden files and looked in C:\\Program Files (x64)\\ Media Browser\\Media Browser\\. There were only three files there, an icon, a registration file, and one other file (not the config file).
Am I missing something?

The config file (as well as the cache, the logs and the custom images and styles) is in (systemdrive):\\programdata\\mediabrowser.

ebr

post #390 of 4110 Old 02-11-2009, 06:44 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman247 View Post

Thought I'd add something here, as I've been using MB for a while and think it's such a cool app.

Anyway, I have DVD's ripped to a media server in there native VIDEO_TS/VOB format, which VMC plays fine. I also have HD movies ripped to MKV format in another location, which means I keep DVD's and HD movies in seperate root folders. I created .vf's for each folder that MB can use, with a graphic saying 'DVD Movies' and 'HD Movies' on the frontend, so I know which are which. I'm using standard movie poster images for each film (not BD covers, or Photoshop creations), and it works fine. The icing on the cake is to use the mediainfo trick in MB, so the format of the HD .mkv file is detected, and I automatically get an icon displayed in the bottom right corner of the poster image saying 'HD 1080P' or HD 720P' depending on the format. I don't have to change anything, or mess around in Photoshop.

I'm happy with this, as it works really well with no other work required.

I've also registered the MPC-HC video decoder in VMC, so I can playback 1080P mkv's WITHIN VMC with full acceleration. This works ok, although I'm really waiting for MB to allow 3rd party apps (such as MPC-HC) to automatically load and play the mkv file. This should be coming soon.

Unfortunately, mediainfo doesn't work if you have your HD movies ripped to folders.

ebr

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page