Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 135 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4021 of 4110 Old 07-27-2013, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Mfusick,

You are in for a treat... That is Crystal, the newest theme to hit both MB2.6 and MB Classic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4110 Old 07-27-2013, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Does MB3 still have the same standard interface that MB2.6 has? I use that one because it flows perfectly with the standard WMC look and feel.
post #4023 of 4110 Old 07-28-2013, 02:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Yes it does.
post #4024 of 4110 Old 07-28-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

MB Classic is basically ported over MB2.6 while using the MBServer to control the backend. MB Classic is also much faster than MB2.6... Why not try it out?
post #4025 of 4110 Old 07-28-2013, 03:13 PM

Liked: 147
Is it fully stable? I want to keep the WAF high and using a beta right now could harm it - my daughter is flying in for a visit and I do not want problems while she is here.
post #4026 of 4110 Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Did you try it? It's not much different than MB2 IMO- but the cover art and plugins have a slick look to them.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #4027 of 4110 Old 08-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I have been usng the new MB3 server and client and so far I like...I did notice one thing though... the cache file can get large fast...I think I now have to upgrade my 80gb server OS to something a bit larger.
post #4028 of 4110 Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM

Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNkLorD View Post

I have been usng the new MB3 server and client and so far I like...I did notice one thing though... the cache file can get large fast...I think I now have to upgrade my 80gb server OS to something a bit larger.

The cache is one of the things that makes it as fast as it is, so it's a trade-off between time and space. The server does recycle cache files though so you can be sure that files won't be left there forever. If you want to get it down, can you stop video and chapter images from being extracted by disabling their scheduled tasks.
post #4029 of 4110 Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

There's always something interesting from the moment you see the Crystal home page. The "Media Grid" groups your media into easy-access tiles:

• items recently added to your library, but not yet watched
  • some automagically selected items that are highly rated; you've not watched yet; or similar to things you've enjoyed previously
  • a selection of older items in your library that are unwatched
  • lucky dip – for when you don't want to make your own choice
  • the last item you watched/listened to/played

For anyone that likes to tinker, you can customize pretty much everything in Crystal... choose whether you like to see logos, art, backdrops, ratings, reviews etc, pick the color scheme or even create your own. You can even choose the animation style as things change on-screen - fade, wipe, spin, zoom...

• Full support for ClearLOGOs, ClearART, cdART, backdrops,
  • Video backdrops and theme music
  • Regularly updated with new features requested by the community

With stunning animation effects and a lightening fast, silky smooth interface, Crystal is the best way to view your media – it's like nothing you’ve ever seen before.

Crystal – get closer.

Crystal is available for Media Browser 2 and can be easily purchased via the MB Configurator located in the "Start/All Programs/Media Browser" folder.

Crystal is also available for Media Browser Classic which can be purchased via the MB3 Server dashboard, plugins tab.

For questions, comments, or feature requests, please visit the new Media Browser 3 Community.
post #4030 of 4110 Old 11-24-2013, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Every one of the view styles in ROC has been carefully crafted to work fantastically with movies, TV, music, games, trailers... everything.

ROC puts a 3D twist on Coverflow
  • covers and artwork smoothly glide out of the screen towards you and then back again

Thumb view is all about ClearLOGOs
  • choose an item from a vertically scrolling, beautifully curved and animated list of logos. Perfect for TV shows, video games or music, where a logos are repeatedly-used, unlike for movies (humb works fine for movies if you want to use it)

Thumb Strip
  • turns your covers and artwork into a 3D scroller disappearing deep into the screen from left to right

Poster view and detail view
  • all the details you expect, with loads of configuration options for you to tweak and customize

Full support for video backdrops and theme music
Regularly updated with new features requested by the community

Roc is available for Media Browser 2 and can be easily purchased via the MB Configurator located in the "Start/All Programs/Media Browser" folder.

Roc is also available for Media Browser Classic which can be purchased via the MB3 Server dashboard, plugins tab.

For questions, comments, or feature requests, please visit the new [URL=http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index.php?/topic/1985-roc-v1080-now-live/[/URL].
post #4031 of 4110 Old 12-04-2013, 11:07 AM

Liked: 11
I've been away for a while. Is MB Classic a version of MB3? I want to make sure before I start switching and upgrading things.
post #4032 of 4110 Old 12-04-2013, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Yes. MB Classic is basically MB3 for use inside WMC like the old MB2. You also need to use MB server with it. (separate app)

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #4033 of 4110 Old 12-04-2013, 11:14 AM

Thanks. I'll download them when I get home. I already bought the Google app for my Nexus 7.
post #4034 of 4110 Old 12-13-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

I am about to pull the trigger on my MB 2.6.2 -> MB3 upgrade. I poured through this thread as well as the MB3 forum, however I did not see a clear overview of the upgrade path for a multiple HTPC configuration.

In the interest of maintaining a high WAF I am looking for a little confirmation of my plans before I start. Also I am hoping to minimize the impact to my metadata, cover art, and backgrounds; as well as the thousands of actor images.

My Current Config
==============
  • Two WMC+MB2 HTPCs supporting two TVs.
  • Desktop PC with WMC+MB2 used for ripping, metadata collection and validation.
  • All movies are stored in a shared folder on WHS2011. 300+ DVDs in ripped DVD folder structure, Blu-rays in MKV format.
  • Actor images in a shared ImagesByName folder on the WHS.
  • MB only used for movie playback, Standard WMC used for TV recording and TV playback.
  • All systems Win7 on a wired GigE network.

My Upgrade Plan
=============
  1. Install MB3 Server on first HTPC.
  2. Modify MB3 configuration to point to Movie library and ImagesByName directory, configure to store metadata & art in movie folder.
  3. Complete media library scan.
  4. Install MB3 Classic on first HTPC.
  5. Confirm everything is working properly.
  6. Install MB3 Classic on Desktop PC, point at MB3 Server.
  7. Confirm everything is working properly.
  8. Install MB3 Classic on second HTPC, point at MB3 Server

Questions
========
  • Will this process prevent the install from triggering a massive metadata or images download?
  • Do I need to shutdown or uninstall MB2 on the other PCs while I install the server and MB3 Classic on the first HTPC?
  • Any other steps I missed or issues to watch for?
freetvEE likes this.
post #4035 of 4110 Old 12-13-2013, 11:39 AM

If you don't want anything touched you're best off disabling storing of metadata in your media folders while you try it out. we will use your metadata, but we will still go out and download new metadata to accommodate all of the new mb3 features. then the new combined data will all overwrite your existing metadata files. mb2 should be able to read them, but are not testing or supporting that.

also, you can't point to your mb2 imagesbyname location, because we changed the convention for the people folder. It's ImagesByName\A\Alfred Hitchcock

But if you were to make that change to your People folder, then it would be fine.
post #4036 of 4110 Old 12-13-2013, 11:42 AM

Sorry. Correct example for people is

ImagesByName\People\A\Alfred Hitchcock
post #4037 of 4110 Old 12-21-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Does anyone know if MB3 have the ability to create a playlist so that I can play it back on a Roku client?
post #4038 of 4110 Old 12-22-2013, 06:27 PM

Anyone have a registry mod that will let me map the original/stock WMC7 Movie Library Access Point so that it enters directly into Movies in Media Browser?
post #4039 of 4110 Old 01-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I am currently on mb 2.6.2 with mpc-hc as an external player for my files. When trying to play files I would sometimes see an option to play a file from the current position or start from beginning. This would appear as either a play button or a play/pause button when I was browsing my files. Do you know what setting this is and how I enable it? I liked the option but no longer see it anymore. I am using the Chocolate theme.

Also as a question as I am currently looking to upgrade. I have all of my files ripped to my FREENAS server. All of my blu-ray rips and tv shows are on there. I also have 2 HTPCs with 1 that is on 24/7 and I use as my main dvr. All of these HTPCs are running Win7 Pro. Should I just install mb3 server on my main htpc and then have my other htpc point to that server? Then just install mb classic on both htpcs?

I guess the steps that user4avsforum listed out would be a good suggestion since I have a similar setup.
freetvEE likes this.
post #4040 of 4110 Old 03-25-2014, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

I am currently on mb 2.6.2 with mpc-hc as an external player for my files. When trying to play files I would sometimes see an option to play a file from the current position or start from beginning. This would appear as either a play button or a play/pause button when I was browsing my files. Do you know what setting this is and how I enable it? I liked the option but no longer see it anymore. I am using the Chocolate theme.

Also as a question as I am currently looking to upgrade. I have all of my files ripped to my FREENAS server. All of my blu-ray rips and tv shows are on there. I also have 2 HTPCs with 1 that is on 24/7 and I use as my main dvr. All of these HTPCs are running Win7 Pro. Should I just install mb3 server on my main htpc and then have my other htpc point to that server? Then just install mb classic on both htpcs?

I guess the steps that user4avsforum listed out would be a good suggestion since I have a similar setup.

I am looking to do the same thing, with pretty much your exact setup... How did it work, and do you have any additional tips? thanks!
post #4041 of 4110 Old 03-25-2014, 07:11 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by user4avsforum View Post

I am about to pull the trigger on my MB 2.6.2 -> MB3 upgrade. I poured through this thread as well as the MB3 forum, however I did not see a clear overview of the upgrade path for a multiple HTPC configuration.

In the interest of maintaining a high WAF I am looking for a little confirmation of my plans before I start. Also I am hoping to minimize the impact to my metadata, cover art, and backgrounds; as well as the thousands of actor images.

I am looking to do the same thing, with pretty much your exact setup, minus the server... I just leave my main HTPC on and use it to house all of my media instead of a server. How did it work, and do you have any additional tips? thanks!
bauer100 likes this.
post #4042 of 4110 Old 03-25-2014, 09:00 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGuy View Post

Anyone have a registry mod that will let me map the original/stock WMC7 Movie Library Access Point so that it enters directly into Movies in Media Browser?
This is something I am highly interested in wanting to know, too.
post #4043 of 4110 Old 04-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 45

I posted this in another thread but I thought I'd post it here as well:

I have a few noobie questions as I've just been introduced to MB3.  As I am trying to get things touched up on Win 8.1 WMC, in the meantime I have installed MB3 theater.  Does anybody use MB3 theater?  Ideally, I would like to utilize WMC for all my media but I have ran into a few problems with MB3 classic via WMC.  Everytime I replace an MKV file WMC fails to play.  With that said here are a few questions:

1.  For the folks that use MB3 theater, what settings do you use within video settings?  I am clueless in regards to madVR.  I actually don't even know what the benefit would be.  All my movies are full MKV blu ray rips with few exceptions.  What about the other settings like the subfilters and the relock?  What are the benefits (googling them really doesn't tell me much).

2.  For WMC MB3, does anyone use an external player?  I added PowerDVD as an external player but when I play a movie it opens PowerDVD in desktop mode (doesn't seem seamless).  I guess I could have it open PowerDVD maximized and one wouldn't really be able to tell that it is running in desktop mode.  This does, however, make it so that I cannot just press the "back" button on my remote and get back to the MB3 menu.  Unless I'm missing something.  

3.  This question might not be totally applicable to MB3 but I'll post anyway.  When I rip movies I have done with DVDfab (mkv passthrough) and makemkv.  I'm assuming that these ripping processes will rip the movies in their native frame rates and resolution?  When I play a BD with PowerDVD 13 Ultra, my Samsung TV adjusts its input and momentarily displays 1080p@60 then the screen goes black and immediately comes back with and momentarily displays 1080p@24.  With ripped movies though, playing through MB3 or even PowerDVD the screen doesn't do this.  So is the movie playing at 60hz then?  

Thanks for all the help I'm really new to the HTPC world and especially the ripping movie world.

Theater set-up:  

AVR:  Pioneer VSX-820

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

Sub:  PSA-XV15

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

OTA antenna:  Winegard HD7698P

HDTV:  Sharp LC-60SQ15U

post #4044 of 4110 Old 04-24-2014, 11:41 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
jhugy - I encourage you to join the community over at mediabrowser3.com/community as you will get a lot more answers and support there.

As for mkv playback in WMC/MBC, I suggest you install the LAV filters as they pretty much cover everything. If you install MB Theater, that will actually have you install LAV as well. Once you do that, your mkvs should play fine in MBC.

If you'd like to continue to discuss, please join us over at the MB 3 community smile.gif.
post #4045 of 4110 Old 04-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr View Post

jhugy - I encourage you to join the community over at mediabrowser3.com/community as you will get a lot more answers and support there.

As for mkv playback in WMC/MBC, I suggest you install the LAV filters as they pretty much cover everything. If you install MB Theater, that will actually have you install LAV as well. Once you do that, your mkvs should play fine in MBC.

If you'd like to continue to discuss, please join us over at the MB 3 community smile.gif.

Ok I will join the forum over there.  Just to clarify, it is only two movies that aren't playing via MB3 Classic in the WMC.  I installed LAV filters, and the movies that work, work well.  

Theater set-up:  

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

post #4046 of 4110 Old 04-24-2014, 06:59 PM

Liked: 13
I use MB3 Server and MB3 Theater w/LAV. I have win8.1 so no Windows Media Center.

At the moment I use JRiver for music and MB3 for video although there are a few strange situations where bonus video clips from a DVD (i.e. ELP Deluxe Edition has 3 live clips) that have strobe light video on MB3 but play fine on JRiver. I really like the way MB3 allows bonus features from DVD's to be dropped into a Specials folder and displayed by clicking a tab from the movie menu.

Here are my major categories for organization/browsing:

* Concerts & Music Video Collections - these are titles listed in IMDB database
* Bonus Music Videos - these are CD deluxe editions with bonus DVDs or DVD-A releases with a few bonus Video clips, etc.
* Audio-Video Albums - Neil young has BD albums in HiRez that also have video of the performance (not really a collection of music videos or concerts but not just stills
* Movies (BD and DVD)
* TV Shows (MASH, Sienfeld)

In River I have music only: Bluray, SACD, DVD-A, DVD video audio extractions, CD, needle drops, etc.

Getting it up and running was pretty straight forward but the tuning has been a learning and design curve. Love to see how others organize more than just IMDB listed items.
post #4047 of 4110 Old 04-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

I know alot of you guys use MB3 in either WMC or MB3 theater and am going to bump my questions cause I'm not getting much response over at the mediabrowser community either:

1.  For the folks that use MB3 theater, what settings do you use within video settings?  I am clueless in regards to madVR.  I actually don't even know what the benefit would be.  All my movies are full MKV blu ray rips with few exceptions.  Would madVR even benefit these movies?  What about the other settings like the subfilters and the relock?  What are the benefits (googling them really doesn't tell me much).

2.  For WMC MB3, does anyone use an external player?  I added PowerDVD as an external player but when I play a movie it opens PowerDVD in desktop mode (doesn't seem seamless).  I guess I could have it open PowerDVD maximized and one wouldn't really be able to tell that it is running in desktop mode.  This does, however, make it so that I cannot just press the "back" button on my remote and get back to the MB3 menu.  Unless I'm missing something.  Is there an external player that works well with WMC?

3.  This question might not be totally applicable to MB3 but I'll post anyway.  When I rip movies I have done with DVDfab (mkv passthrough) and makemkv.  I'm assuming that these ripping processes will rip the movies in their native frame rates and resolution?  When I play a BD with PowerDVD 13 Ultra, my Samsung TV adjusts its input and momentarily displays 1080p@60 then the screen goes black and immediately comes back with and momentarily displays 1080p@24.  With ripped movies though, playing through MB3 or even PowerDVD the screen doesn't do this.  So is the movie playing at 60hz then?  

Theater set-up:  

post #4048 of 4110 Old 04-25-2014, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Are these settings appropriate for playing HD MKV files via MB3 classic in WMC?  I'm trying to troubleshoot why a few movies aren't working.

Theater set-up:  

post #4049 of 4110 Old 04-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post

I know alot of you guys use MB3 in either WMC or MB3 theater and am going to bump my questions cause I'm not getting much response over at the mediabrowser community either:

1.  For the folks that use MB3 theater, what settings do you use within video settings?  I am clueless in regards to madVR.  I actually don't even know what the benefit would be.  All my movies are full MKV blu ray rips with few exceptions.  Would madVR even benefit these movies?  What about the other settings like the subfilters and the relock?  What are the benefits (googling them really doesn't tell me much).

IMO little benefit to madVR unless unless your looking to upscale YMMV and this is a personal opionion, because these questions on madVR can become fairly heated - try it and make your own mind up - its free. MBT is still very much a work in progress and for me isn't quite ready, though again its free, set it up and play around. Subfilters, are just that a rendering filter for subs, not necessarily needed, but there as an option, as with Reclock, migth want to try another google search for Reclock (again don't use it), because there is a load of information out there on it.

Quote:
2.  For WMC MB3, does anyone use an external player?  I added PowerDVD as an external player but when I play a movie it opens PowerDVD in desktop mode (doesn't seem seamless).  I guess I could have it open PowerDVD maximized and one wouldn't really be able to tell that it is running in desktop mode.  This does, however, make it so that I cannot just press the "back" button on my remote and get back to the MB3 menu.  Unless I'm missing something.  Is there an external player that works well with WMC?

At the moment I use MB Classic with mpc-hc as an external player - no experience with PowerDVD. Set-up correctly the combo works flawlessly and is far more mature and stable than MBT. Download it and check out this guide http://www.avsforum.com/t/1357375/advanced-mpc-hc-setup-guide

Quote:

If you are using purely WMC to playback files then that is precisely what's happening, playback will be at the set desktop resolution - there is no automatic refresh rate mechanism for WMC (unless you want to drop $100.00 for MyMovies). Again no experience of PowerDVD, but mpc-hc can adjust refresh rates - as can madVR, if used as the renderer in mpc-hc, I'm sure its covered in MINDBOMB's excellent guide.
post #4050 of 4110 Old 04-26-2014, 03:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post

Are these settings appropriate for playing HD MKV files via MB3 classic in WMC?  I'm trying to troubleshoot why a few movies aren't working.

Yip that and the LAV splitter and audio configurations should be sufficient to playback in WMC.

What you might want to do is get one of the options working properly - then move to adding bells and whistles, rather than the scatter-gun approach you seem to have at the moment. I would suggest getting WMC/MBClassic working, then once properly set-up you can consider adding external players and renderers as needed. DIfficult to provide advice when you are effectively jumping about between 3 differing set-ups (WMC, external players and MBT).
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page