Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 137 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4081 of 4110 Old 05-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post

I cannot seem to find any options in "configure my player" that will allow the stop button to close MPC.  Stop, at the moment just "stops" the movie.  

There's no options as such to find. From the MBClassic Configurator, open your external player (Double click on it) and in the box at the bottom left hand corner, there is a Hyper-Link 'configure my player' click on the pop-up to confirm action and that's it.

What I would do is check in mpc-hc\view\options\Web Interface, that the 'listen on port' has been enabled correctly to 13579. Only other thing I do in mpc-hc is add 'stop' to 'exit' key command (mpc-hc\view\options\player\keys\exit (App Command)\MEDIA_STOP. Don't know of this step is actually required, but its something I had to do prior to ebr adding the configuration option and I've just continued to do it.
jhughy2010 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 4110 Old 05-13-2014, 05:00 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If you setup your external player for MBC as MPC-HC, then the commandline that was generated should include the "/close" command which tells it to close when the video finishes.
jhughy2010 likes this.
post #4083 of 4110 Old 05-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

There's no options as such to find. From the MBClassic Configurator, open your external player (Double click on it) and in the box at the bottom left hand corner, there is a Hyper-Link 'configure my player' click on the pop-up to confirm action and that's it.

What I would do is check in mpc-hc\view\options\Web Interface, that the 'listen on port' has been enabled correctly to 13579. Only other thing I do in mpc-hc is add 'stop' to 'exit' key command (mpc-hc\view\options\player\keys\exit (App Command)\MEDIA_STOP. Don't know of this step is actually required, but its something I had to do prior to ebr adding the configuration option and I've just continued to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr View Post

If you setup your external player for MBC as MPC-HC, then the commandline that was generated should include the "/close" command which tells it to close when the video finishes.

Thanks guys.  I will thoroughly check when I get home tonight.  

Theater set-up:  

AVR:  Pioneer VSX-820

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

Sub:  PSA-XV15

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

OTA antenna:  Winegard HD7698P

HDTV:  Sharp LC-60SQ15U

post #4084 of 4110 Old 05-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Steelman1991 you were right! Thank you! Listen on port was not checked. Once I checked the box it worked. Now "stop" exits. No need for a mouse now.

Now if only the remote would get me to the Netflix metro app. The Netflix WMC plug in sucks.

Theater set-up:  

Speakers:  5.1 consists of four NHT Classic Two bookshelf and an NHT TwoC center

HTPC - ridiculously over-the-top, home-built gaming PC that I tinker with daily!

post #4085 of 4110 Old 05-14-2014, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I am not getting subtitles playing recorded TV with media browser classic using MPC-HC set for the xy subfilter as the external player. Subtitles are greyed out. However, if I play the recorded TV with 7MC the subtitles are shown. I prefer the video quality of MPC-HC. Is there any way to enable the subtitles?
post #4086 of 4110 Old 05-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmoderndesign View Post

I am not getting subtitles playing recorded TV with media browser classic using MPC-HC set for the xy subfilter as the external player. Subtitles are greyed out. However, if I play the recorded TV with 7MC the subtitles are shown. I prefer the video quality of MPC-HC. Is there any way to enable the subtitles?

Possibly, if you are using MPC-HC 1.6.5.6197 or newer confirm Auto-load subtitles is unchecked/disabled under Options->Playback to disable MPC-HC's ISR (internal subtitle renderer).
post #4087 of 4110 Old 05-14-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Possibly, if you are using MPC-HC 1.6.5.6197 or newer confirm Auto-load subtitles is unchecked/disabled under Options->Playback to disable MPC-HC's ISR (internal subtitle renderer).

I am using MPC-HC 1.7.5. Auto-load subtitles was unchecked. Using the xy subfilter I have been getting subtitles when playing movies.

I am getting this Warning upon startup when playing recorded TV. Everything plays but the subtitles (and skip forward does not work ), when I click close the warning dialogue box. Possible this is related to the subtitle problem.

Warning
MPC-HC could not render some of the pins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system.
PCDA DTFilter::Out
StreamBufferSource::DVR Out - 4
PBDA DTFilter::Out

Media Type 0:
Unknown

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_MSTVCaption {B88B8A89-B049-4C80-ADCF-5898985E22C1}
subtype: MEDIASUBTYPE_DtvCcData {F52ADDAA-36F0-43F5-95EA-6D866484262A}
formattype: FORMAT_None {0F6417D6-C318-11D0-A43F-00A0C9223196}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 1
cbFormat: 0
post #4088 of 4110 Old 05-14-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Sorry mate don't use Live TV, or subtitles very much (forced only). The auto-loading thing was just something I read, when setting up 'forced' subs. Don't know whether you've seen this https://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter/ - there's a Q&A near the foot of the page. Alternatively there's thread over at Doom9 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168282.
post #4089 of 4110 Old 05-14-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry mate don't use Live TV, or subtitles very much (forced only). The auto-loading thing was just something I read, when setting up 'forced' subs. Don't know whether you've seen this https://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter/ - there's a Q&A near the foot of the page. Alternatively there's thread over at Doom9 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168282.

The solution is to go to options-playback and uncheck report pins that fail to render. This is not looking like the subtitle problem.
post #4090 of 4110 Old 05-14-2014, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I use My movies now with all shows using updated metadata. If I use this app, will it mess up my current metadata? I want to stream meta data to another mce so the guy can watch tv shows from another media center pc with meta data
in tact. can this do it so I can share my tv shows with others in dwelling? so they can also see what they watch with the eye candy and meta data?
post #4091 of 4110 Old 05-15-2014, 05:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 69
Just some quick thoughts on MB3 so far (I will also post this on the MB3 forum and/or do a quick post on my blog if I have a moment).

Been running for I guess about 3 weeks or so. MB3Server is installed on my WS2012E Server. I have the Android app set up on my phone (Note3) and my wife's phone/tablet (Galaxy S5/Nexus 7). I have the WMC app installed on my desktop PC (W7) and MBTheater installed on my Tablet/Laptop hybrid (W8).

On the Server side things appear to be working without a hitch. New content (movies or tv shows) is picked up right away and is most cases is accurate from the start (I should mention I have metabrowser also running so I use that for metadata and not MB3)

The WMC app I haven't really messed around with since I don't typically watch movies/tv shows on my desktop PC. I do have an HTPC (W7) that I have set up for outdoors use which is still running the old Media Browser so I will probably update that shortly to MB3 (undecided whether I go the WMC or MBTheater route)

MBTheater has been working great on my tablet/laptop, I simply installed along with LAV and was up and running in no time). I have had zero issues using. Most of my playback has been playing back TV shows (streaming WiFi via AC). I tested a few quick clips of my BR rips and they played without issue as well (any playback issues I may encounter with these I would expect to be related to trying to stream High Bitrate content over wireless and not MB3 related). It is obviously not really made for a touch screen but I can still work around the UI via touch.

Android App has been hit or miss. I mainly got this for my wife so I could stop encoding/copying over content from my server over to her devices. On several occasions the App just hangs at the start, requires to be forced shutdown. When it does work playback works great, but so far it hasn't been a reliable experience to use which has been a bit disappointing.

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #4092 of 4110 Old 05-15-2014, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

The solution is to go to options-playback and uncheck report pins that fail to render. This is not looking like the subtitle problem.
I found that if I disable pins media browser classic freezes. So, I just let the error message come up and then I close it.

I am also having a problem that posts the 7MC video drive missing error. This problem comes and goes and I have found no way to correct it. The work around is to start media browser in live TV and hit the previous button on the remote until I get audio.

All the program levels, 7MC, media browser server, media browser classic seem to add complexity and increase the chance of something not working for me so I get trade offs of some gains and some losses.
post #4093 of 4110 Old 05-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Just some quick thoughts on MB3 so far (I will also post this on the MB3 forum and/or do a quick post on my blog if I have a moment).

Been running for I guess about 3 weeks or so. MB3Server is installed on my WS2012E Server. I have the Android app set up on my phone (Note3) and my wife's phone/tablet (Galaxy S5/Nexus 7). I have the WMC app installed on my desktop PC (W7) and MBTheater installed on my Tablet/Laptop hybrid (W8).

On the Server side things appear to be working without a hitch. New content (movies or tv shows) is picked up right away and is most cases is accurate from the start (I should mention I have metabrowser also running so I use that for metadata and not MB3)

The WMC app I haven't really messed around with since I don't typically watch movies/tv shows on my desktop PC. I do have an HTPC (W7) that I have set up for outdoors use which is still running the old Media Browser so I will probably update that shortly to MB3 (undecided whether I go the WMC or MBTheater route)

MBTheater has been working great on my tablet/laptop, I simply installed along with LAV and was up and running in no time). I have had zero issues using. Most of my playback has been playing back TV shows (streaming WiFi via AC). I tested a few quick clips of my BR rips and they played without issue as well (any playback issues I may encounter with these I would expect to be related to trying to stream High Bitrate content over wireless and not MB3 related). It is obviously not really made for a touch screen but I can still work around the UI via touch.

Android App has been hit or miss. I mainly got this for my wife so I could stop encoding/copying over content from my server over to her devices. On several occasions the App just hangs at the start, requires to be forced shutdown. When it does work playback works great, but so far it hasn't been a reliable experience to use which has been a bit disappointing.

I've noticed that there were a few updates on my Galaxy S5 for MB3 these past few days.  So far I haven't had much of a problem since I installed the app.  I do remember it freezing a few times though but not in these past few days particularly.

Theater set-up:  

post #4094 of 4110 Old 05-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Any idea on why metadata would dissappear on a few of my movies? I made it on themoviedb.org for two VeggieTales movies about a month ago. I noticed today that the data was gone. Checked the website and it was gone there too.

Theater set-up:  

post #4095 of 4110 Old 05-18-2014, 02:06 AM
Advanced Member

If it has disappeared from the Movie DB, then that would explain the disappearance from MB. Nothing to scrape. Would be inclined to ask the question at the Movie DB why the entry was moved. Is this related to the TV Series of the same/similar name. If so, that may be the reason why its been removed, if you placed in the movies section and not the TV section - just a guess though.
post #4096 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhughy2010 View Post

Any idea on why metadata would dissappear on a few of my movies? I made it on themoviedb.org for two VeggieTales movies about a month ago. I noticed today that the data was gone. Checked the website and it was gone there too.

VeggieTales is considered a tv series so TMDB would have removed it

Cheers,
Damian

post #4097 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

VeggieTales is considered a tv series so TMDB would have removed it

Making a comeback Damian? Nice to see you back occasionally. TMDB are doing TV Series as well, though not sure whether anyone is actually using it, or whether the API is available.
post #4098 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Making a comeback Damian? Nice to see you back occasionally. TMDB are doing TV Series as well, though not sure whether anyone is actually using it, or whether the API is available.

Lol, been posting a bit of late biggrin.gif

Are you sure, I had added several TV shows / series that they took down (and told me TV series are no longer permitted). I think I had added some Thomas The Tank and Dora DVDs that got yanked.

Cheers,
Damian

post #4099 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Lol, been posting a bit of late biggrin.gif

Are you sure, I had added several TV shows / series that they took down (and told me TV series are no longer permitted). I think I had added some Thomas The Tank and Dora DVDs that got yanked.

Not really - just that I've noticed the addition of them on their website. Had a quick look at their forum and it looks like they are still working on it, but are hoping that the users will maintain/add detail as required.

http://www.themoviedb.org/tv/2304-thomas-the-tank-engine-friends
http://www.themoviedb.org/tv/79-dora-the-explorer

Very little information for either by the look of it.
post #4100 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah, that TV Show tab is pretty new as I never saw that before.

Cheers,
Damian

post #4101 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 10:15 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

They are working on adding TV support but, I imagine, you need to add the items in the proper area.
post #4102 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr View Post

They are working on adding TV support but, I imagine, you need to add the items in the proper area.
My experience with TV so far in Media Browser 3, Classic is that it does not work with live TV,(However, the two tuners in my HDHomerun are displayed in MPC-HC so, it seems like there may be a way to make live TV work). TV recorded with 7MC can be played with the native player and works the same as playing recorded TV with 7MC. If I add MPC-HC as an external player, (when it works, somewhat erratic for me, 720 TV is clearly upscaled for better video quality. However, I have not been able to get subtitles to work for TV recorded with windows 7 media center using MPC-HC as an external player.

Things I like about media browser server + media browser classic + MPC-HC so far are the internal meta data scrapper and its ability to categorize movies. Also it will mount .iso files. But, as I said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, when I start a movie in media browser classic + MPC-HC I need to hit the play button on the remote or movies do not start.

I tried one music album and it played.

I have not added any trailers.

I think the development team has a good concept and I appreciate their considerable effort.
post #4103 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

@postmoderndesign - ebr is referring to the Movie Database adding scraping of TV Shows and not the inclusion of Live TV in MB.
post #4104 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, you are correct.

I rarely backup TV programs and series from discs into my movie database. But since I have done this I can see what you are expecting by metadata scraping.

Most of my TV comes from using 7MC as a PVR and the OTA shows recorded by media center can be seen and played in media browser 3.The advantage using the 7MC PVR function is automatic scheduling of recording and MB3 groups the episodes of the series together. If MPC-HC is used as an external player TV broadcast in 720 can be upscaled by madVR. The program description shown by 7MC will be shown by MB3. However, that description is not as complete as a metadata scraper might collect.

I hope I have added clarity, but if I have simply dug the hole deeper, I apologize.
post #4105 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

No apology necessary - I was merely clarifying what was being discussed, in case you had misread the discussion that's all.
post #4106 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

No apology necessary - I was merely clarifying what was being discussed, in case you had misread the discussion that's all.

I see you are still causing trouble on the forums tongue.gif

Cheers,
Damian

post #4107 of 4110 Old 05-19-2014, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Don't get me started wink.gif
post #4108 of 4110 Old 05-28-2014, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is the website down. Can't find the server at mediabrowser.tv
post #4109 of 4110 Old 05-28-2014, 04:18 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzey View Post

Is the website down. Can't find the server at mediabrowser.tv

No problem here. I show we've been up for 28 days without interruption...
post #4110 of 4110 Old 05-31-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

With Open ServerWMC I now have live TV running as a back end for Media Browser 3 Theater.

I am still having problems in Theater playing back .wtv recorded TV programs with MPC-HC set as the external player for .wtv files

Specifically, subtitles do not display and are greyed out I cannot jump past commercials using the harmony remote.

I am getting a lengthy filter list in MPC-Hc:
iTV
MPEG-2 Section and Tables
madVR
Default Direct Sound Device
PBDA DT Filter
LAV Video Decoder (internal)
Audio Switcher
PBDA DT Filter
LAV Audio Decoder (internal)
Stream Buffer Source

However, the recorded TV show will play and 720 is upscaled to 1080 so the video quality is improved.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page