Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2009, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by voranand View Post

This is great but I have one stupid question. Can I simply click on the cover to play DVD or it will go to another page?

It goes to a description page where you can play, restart, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 08:01 AM

I have two issues:

First is pretty big I think. It appears that the MB installation does not allow me to add any other links to the TV+Movies menu bar. I know there are two ways to register the link to show up there, one adds it, the other adds it with precidence over any other link.

It could be a VMC limitation, I do not know.

Basically, I want both the MB and vmcNetFlix on my TV+Movies bar and I cannot have that. vmcNetFlix cannot appear there after installing MB.

The other issue is that MB automatically downloads backdrops for me when if I do not have one already. I have a kids movie called http://www.amazon.com/Serendipity-Pi...he Pink Dragon and have it simply called Serendipity in MB. MB decided it was Serendipity the John Cusack movie and downloaded a very unrelated background.

Two potential fixes for me are:

1. How to I make it stop doing that and also get rid of the wrong background.
2. How to I create my own backgrounds?

Thanks! Love the product, and the wife loves it too. This means the WAF of the HTPC has increased, meaning more money allowed for upgrades!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:15 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

I have two issues:

First is pretty big I think. It appears that the MB installation does not allow me to add any other links to the TV+Movies menu bar. I know there are two ways to register the link to show up there, one adds it, the other adds it with precidence over any other link.

Basically, I want both the MB and vmcNetFlix on my TV+Movies bar and I cannot have that. vmcNetFlix cannot appear there after installing MB.

The other issue is that MB automatically downloads backdrops for me when if I do not have one already. I have a kids movie called http://www.amazon.com/Serendipity-Pi...he Pink Dragon and have it simply called Serendipity in MB. MB decided it was Serendipity the John Cusack movie and downloaded a very unrelated background.

Thanks! Love the product, and the wife loves it too. This means the WAF of the HTPC has increased, meaning more money allowed for upgrades!

try MC menu mender for the icons. you can use your own backdrops and prevent it automatically downloading by placing a backdrop.jpg in the folder.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:39 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

It goes to a description page where you can play, restart, etc.

Thanks. I hate too many pages. They should make it configurable. The one who want detail page should have it. The one who also want it plain and simple, just click on the cover to play and don't want to waste anymore time, should also can configure it. Now where to pitch for my idea.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:55 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by voranand View Post

Thanks. I hate too many pages. They should make it configurable. The one who want detail page should have it. The one who also want it plain and simple, just click on the cover to play and don't want to waste anymore time, should also can configure it. Now where to pitch for my idea.

If you hit the "play" button on the remote it will play the disc...
Old 02-14-2009, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

I have two issues:

You can stop it from downlaoding any images by unselecting the option in the configuration. Once it does download the wrong backdrop you have to clear the cache to add your own.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr View Post

If you hit the "play" button on the remote it will play the disc...

That's really nice!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Here is an icon Im going to use for my .mkv's...
Old 02-14-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazo View Post

Mine shows up as 2.0.8.0. I got it less then a week ago. so is that the new one or is it 2.0.0.8?

Latest version is 2.0.8.0, there is no 2.0.0.7 or 2.0.0.8.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

I really like this plugin, Microsoft should buy these guys out!! Here are a couple icons I've made...

Old 02-14-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraZtiK View Post

try MC menu mender for the icons. you can use your own backdrops and prevent it automatically downloading by placing a backdrop.jpg in the folder.

It will not let me add another entry point as long as MB is installed.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

You can stop it from downlaoding any images by unselecting the option in the configuration. Once it does download the wrong backdrop you have to clear the cache to add your own.

I looked for such an option and cannot find it. What page is it on?
Old 02-14-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

I really like this plugin, Microsoft should buy these guys out!!

PLEASE GOD. . . NOOOO! MediaBrowser is awesome and needs to be completely left alone by any big software company . . . and especially MS.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:42 AM

Quote:

It will not let me add another entry point as long as MB is installed.

I think this is a limitation of VMC - only one custom app/entry point per bar. Only alternative is to create a new custom bar called eg Movies, and put both your icons on that.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

I really like this plugin, Microsoft should buy these guys out!! Here are a couple icons I've made...

Love the logo's. I've been trying to create my own using the same clapperboard backdrops, with mixed results. Can't seem to get the transparency right and the shadows behind the logo images (I'm not a graphic artist, I'm just mucking around with PSP!)

It seems MB will use JPG or PNG as images, and with PNG you can have the transparency, but that's the tricky bit. Would you be interested in sharing them with the community (it would save me a lot of time!)
Old 02-15-2009, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
When I click "play" on a Blu-ray iso, an error message pops up saying that it "cannot open file" (something like that). Then, TMT starts playing the movie. I just click ok on the error message, it disappears, and everything is just fine. How do I prevent this error message from popping up? By the way, I'm using the latest build of throgmorton, autoplay is off in the xml and vista, and I have the following external player options in the xml:

BluRay
"c:\\program files\\arcsoft\ otalmedia theatre\\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe"
"{0}\\"

HDDVD
"{0}\\"

Old 02-15-2009, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman247 View Post

Love the logo's. I've been trying to create my own using the same clapperboard backdrops, with mixed results. Can't seem to get the transparency right and the shadows behind the logo images (I'm not a graphic artist, I'm just mucking around with PSP!)

It seems MB will use JPG or PNG as images, and with PNG you can have the transparency, but that's the tricky bit. Would you be interested in sharing them with the community (it would save me a lot of time!)

I'd like to thank cgreenle for allowing the Sage comminity to utilize the clapper.png's he made up. And thank politby for finding these over at the Sage forums and posting the download link for us MB users.

I'm no graphic artist either, actually was once a dream of mine. If you use the "Template.psd", you can get an idea on how the shadowing and stuff works. I've been teaching myself as I go. I dont have a problem sharing the ones I've designed so far. If you need something different, hit me up on a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Well, I'd like to share my new "application.png" with everyone. Let me know what you guys think...

Old 02-15-2009, 07:55 PM

Is anybody using MB with their xbox 360? When I go into MB using the 360 as an extender of course, It locks up media center on the xbox. I have to go back to the dashboard and restart VMC.

Any ideas?
Old 02-15-2009, 08:30 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by joikd View Post

When I click "play" on a Blu-ray iso, an error message pops up saying that it "cannot open file" (something like that). Then, TMT starts playing the movie. I just click ok on the error message, it disappears, and everything is just fine. How do I prevent this error message from popping up? By the way, I'm using the latest build of throgmorton, autoplay is off in the xml and vista, and I have the following external player options in the xml:

BluRay
"{0}\\"

HDDVD
"{0}\\"

Go search in the MB forums. I think you need to set a new "autoplay" option in the config and then turn your autoplay back on for isos. I don't use ISOs but I'm pretty sure they've addressed this in the latest release.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:10 PM
tsb
AVS Special Member

anyone know of an in-depth step by step guide for installing mb and having bd/hd dvd isos automatically mounted with vcd and played back with tmt?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Media Info (.711) is crashing with MB 2.0.8.0. I have a new install of Vista 64. Installed MediaInfo then copied the MediaInfo.dll into my system32 folder. About 10-15 seconds after I start MB, I get a "program not responding" message. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb View Post

anyone know of an in-depth step by step guide for installing mb and having bd/hd dvd isos automatically mounted with vcd and played back with tmt?

• Install MB 2.0.8.0 beta
  • Configure Dameon Tools to point to VCDMount.exe (For Vista x64 the path is: C:\\Program Files (x64)\\Elaborate Bytes\\VCDMount.exe) and check autoplay. (This is configured in Media Browser.)
  • Configure Vista Autoplay for BluRay & HD DVD to TMT.

That's what I did for PowerDVD, and it works great. I've also edited the .config file to use TheaterTek for my Sd Dvd's.

Once I get around to trying Meta Browser, I think My Movies may be extinct on my HTPC. If anyone's been waiting for the MCML version of MM, try MB it's one great plugin!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:53 AM
tsb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakaw View Post

• Configure Dameon Tools to point to VCDMount.exe (For Vista x64 the path is: C:\\Program Files (x64)\\Elaborate Bytes\\VCDMount.exe) and check autoplay. (This is configured in Media Browser.)

That's what I did for PowerDVD, and it works great. I've also edited the .config file to use TheaterTek for my Sd Dvd's.

Once I get around to trying Meta Browser, I think My Movies may be extinct on my HTPC. If anyone's been waiting for the MCML version of MM, try MB it's one great plugin!

Will MB automatically scan my watched folders for isos, add them to my videos tab and let me manually configure the coverart? Most of my isos are renamed, so I worry they won't be picked up automatically.

Also is the path to the mounting program editable in the options, or do I need to edit some other configuration file?

Thanks for the help, maybe I'll try it out in the next few days.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggermcg View Post

I think this is a limitation of VMC - only one custom app/entry point per bar. Only alternative is to create a new custom bar called eg Movies, and put both your icons on that.

Ah, ok. No Problem.

I went ahead and renamed the next bar from Arcsoft TMT to NetFlix and BluRay, then added the vmcNetFlix icon to that bar. We will watch ripped movies and TV shows MUCH more often than NetFlix Instant Watch movies.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joikd View Post

BluRay
"{0}\\"

HDDVD
"{0}\\"

Remove these entries and use Autoplay.

I had the EXACT same error as you. Doing this worked.

It autolaunches the VMC TMT app to play the BR and HD-DVD ISOs.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakaw View Post

I set the autoplay options to "ask me", since it was launching the full on version of TMT instead of the VMC version for some reason. After doing that, it launched the VMC version of TMT.

But yeah, you are right, it is just that easy.

As a note, meta browser is very nice. I wish it pulled info from Amazon.com reviews as well, for those items it does not have in its database. I go ahead and manually enter those items.

Quote:

Will MB automatically scan my watched folders for isos, add them to my videos tab and let me manually configure the coverart? Most of my isos are renamed, so I worry they won't be picked up automatically.

Also is the path to the mounting program editable in the options, or do I need to edit some other configuration file?

Thanks for the help, maybe I'll try it out in the next few days.

I found it was easier to open the xml file (found in the programdata folder not the program files folder) than type it all out in that bar. The location bar will not allow you to copy and paste.

It did not find any of the items in my watched folders, only the items in the My Videos folder. I have that redirected (an option if you right click on the My Videos folder) to my ripped DVD folder. To get the HDM, MKV, TV Shows, etc. to show up, I put shortcuts to those folders inside the My Videos folder.

If you use metabrowser (not to be confused with Media Browser - MB), you can change the name of the movie you are searching for and it will find the info. It will rename the display name of the file (the one you see in MB), but you can change it to whatever you want after you download the meta info.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:

I still have My Movies installed, which is pulling my metadata, but I think Meta Browser will do what you're asking. I haven't installed it yet though.

Quote:

Yes this is configured within Media Browser.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 AM

Quick question,

I just did a clean Vista install, and went through and manually deleted all the MyMovies meta data and images in my DVD drive. I then installed Media Browser, and for some reason, it still picked up all the mymovies data. I cleared the cache and still the same. Where is it getting this from?

I added a new movie this morning and it automatically downloaded the info itself. How do I get it to do this for the other movies?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnySak View Post

Quick question,

I just did a clean Vista install, and went through and manually deleted all the MyMovies meta data and images in my DVD drive. I then installed Media Browser, and for some reason, it still picked up all the mymovies data. I cleared the cache and still the same. Where is it getting this from?

I added a new movie this morning and it automatically downloaded the info itself. How do I get it to do this for the other movies?

MB has automatic metadata fetching capabilities built in. You can disable it by unchecking the use of Internet providers in the settings and configuration.

MB uses themoviedb.org as its source for metadata, so if it isn't getting some of your movies then they have either not been added on tMDB, or you don't have them named in a format that registers a "hit" for tMDB. The name has to be an exact match to how it appears on tMDB (minus some special characters like colons and whatnot).

If you need to get metadata yourself, you can use one of several available tools. Salami's Movie Organizer, Meta and Metadata Tool will all work with MB. For TV, I use Media Scout (it can do movies too).
Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 AM

Been looking for something like Video Browser, works like a charm with MyMovies on the backend and keeps it looking nice with its awesome looking from end. My only complaint is that I have my Blu-Ray rips and DVD rips in different folders and have not found a way to combine the two folders to show as 1 on the video browser.

Works with TMT like a charm too! All Blu-Ray rips open with TMT just like with MyMovies.