Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

Will do, as soon as I get the chance.

Ok, VMC records my TV programs, I don't have a problem playing them back under "Recorded TV". But I'd like to get Media Browser to be able to properly list them. This is what I'm dealing with currently...

Is there a way I can get the metadata for these recorded shows on the fly. As in automated. I really love Media Browser, this is the only thing holding me back from using it for EVERYTHING!! I downloaded "MediaScout" (AKA TVScout) but it didn't seem to work. Is there something Im doing wrong??

You know what would be nice?? Is if Media Browser became its own frontend program!! Kind of like Sage you know? That would be sweet.

Thanks guys.

Xzener

I think it's your naming convention. I don't think mediabrowser or mediascout looks at the date. Normally it looks for the season and episode, so it would be something like this:

showname.S01E14.avi

or something similar, where S=Season and E=episode
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr View Post

Also, realize it only works for certain file types. If you have rips to TS, ISO or BDMV files, you won't get this info.

Well that is a disapointment. All of my movies are in folders.....
post #543 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

I have the same issue, my SD DVD's are fine, but all my BR's are .iso's. Is there any support planned for recognizing the iso/folder files?

Also, re: the naming convention, for shownames with a space, ie. Rescue Me, would it be resuceme.s01e01 or rescue me.se01e01? I'm guessing no space, I just don't want to go through renaming all the files and have to rename manually again.
post #544 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

Me too so I've modded mine to read the metadata I have on these things (like media format, aspect, etc.). I'm gonna try and talk the sr. devs into putting support for this metadata into the main app.
post #545 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post

See the last item on this page:

http://code.google.com/p/videobrowse...vancedFeatures

Great,

Thank you.
post #546 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampyreGTX View Post

I have the same issue, my SD DVD's are fine, but all my BR's are .iso's. Is there any support planned for recognizing the iso/folder files?

Also, re: the naming convention, for shownames with a space, ie. Rescue Me, would it be resuceme.s01e01 or rescue me.se01e01? I'm guessing no space, I just don't want to go through renaming all the files and have to rename manually again.

I think it would be rescue.me.s01e01.avi
post #547 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev View Post

I think it's your naming convention. I don't think mediabrowser or mediascout looks at the date. Normally it looks for the season and episode, so it would be something like this:

showname.S01E14.avi

or something similar, where S=Season and E=episode

Yep, it's definitely the naming convention. You'll have to rename your files as Davdev has shown above. Once you do that it should pull in all the proper metadata.

Try it on a couple files first to make sure you've got it all set up properly. It's worth the effort (imho).
post #548 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 10:32 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

For those of you that have your content in containers that mediainfo.dll can understand, do all the attributes work properly in MB?

In looking at the code, I'm wondering if aspect ratio would ever report correctly for a standard DVD or BD/HDDVD. Looks like Mediainfo.dll just reports the height and width of the video frames. But the video frames would always be 1920x1080 for a BD, for example, so it would always calculate to 1.78:1 even though the actual video data inside that frame might be at 2.35, 2.40, 1.85 or 1.33:1...

Or, is there some way you guys are encoding your media to include the height and width of the actual video data on the frame...?
post #549 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Custom folder .jpg for MoNKLorD. Anyone else have any suggestions?? I like how this one turned out.

wow that came out fantastic, way better than i even imagined it.

like suggested above, definitely have to up these somewhere for all to enjoy, your work is great. I will even try and get my ftp back up and we can host them there if needed.
post #550 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNkLorD View Post

wow that came out fantastic, way better than i even imagined it.

like suggested above, definitely have to up these somewhere for all to enjoy, your work is great. I will even try and get my ftp back up and we can host them there if needed.

Thanks MoNkLorD. If you could get your FTP up and running again, that would be great.
post #551 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moguy View Post

Yep, it's definitely the naming convention. You'll have to rename your files as Davdev has shown above. Once you do that it should pull in all the proper metadata.

Try it on a couple files first to make sure you've got it all set up properly. It's worth the effort (imho).

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev View Post

I think it would be rescue.me.s01e01.avi

Thanks guys, I'll try that tonight.

Xzener
post #552 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:

Custom folder .jpg for MoNKLorD. Anyone else have any suggestions?? I like how this one turned out.

Those are damn nice. By any chance would you be able to make one for DVD with say a DVD disc in place of the chair and one for TV shows?
post #553 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 12:02 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Xzener, do you have one for music concerts...?
post #554 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Klown View Post

Those are damn nice. By any chance would you be able to make one for DVD with say a DVD disc in place of the chair and one for TV shows?

I've already created a couple for DVD's, and Recorded TV. If you'd like, I can make one with a DVD disk for you. PM me with your email address and I'll hook you up with what I've made so far. As well as send you the DVD one you requested.

Xzener
post #555 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hmmmm.... Thats a tricky one. Do you have any suggestions for the picture??

EDIT: Nevermind, I got this!!
post #556 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here you go ebr!! Hope you like it.

Xzener

post #557 of 4110 Old 02-24-2009, 09:32 PM
tsb
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakaw View Post

• Install MB 2.0.8.0 beta
  • Configure Dameon Tools to point to VCDMount.exe (For Vista x64 the path is: C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Elaborate Bytes\\VirtualCloneDrive\\VCDMount.exe) and check autoplay. (This is configured in Media Browser.)
  • Configure Vista Autoplay for BluRay & HD DVD to TMT.

That's what I did for PowerDVD, and it works great. I've also edited the .config file to use TheaterTek for my Sd Dvd's.

Once I get around to trying Meta Browser, I think My Movies may be extinct on my HTPC. If anyone's been waiting for the MCML version of MM, try MB it's one great plugin!

The path was a little different; I edited it in your post.
Everything works great. It even picks up the media info for my isos, which I thought wouldn't happen. It launches TMT just like it should and even beter it closes TMT automatically when I go back to VMC. I was afraid TMT would be stuck in the background when I closed VMC. awesome!

One more question for you guys.

I am currently using Music Browser to organize my music by folders in VMC. Can Media Browser take over this responsibility as well?

EDIT - It didn't seem to pick up my music. It also refused to start after I changed the configuration back, but I manually deleted the cache and config file and all was good.

Oh well, using music browser for music and media browser for BD/HD isos is good enough for me.
post #558 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 07:07 AM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here you go ebr!! Hope you like it.

Xzener

Cool. Can you bump the words "Music" and "Concert" a little closer together in the middle of the clapper? Or, maybe just make it say "Music" as that would be more flexible for all. Thx.
post #559 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cool. Can you bump the words "Music" and "Concert" a little closer together in the middle of the clapper? Or, maybe just make it say "Music" as that would be more flexible for all. Thx.

No problem. I'll see what I can do. I'll get to it when I get home from work.

Xzener
post #560 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 09:32 AM

Liked: 12
Salami keeps giving me a "unhandled exception error" when I go to save the information. Any ideas?
post #561 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Unhide hidden files and get rid of any read-only attributes. Worked for me. I saw the solution in a message in the Mediabrowser forums. Or maybe on here even. I can't quite remember.
post #562 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberedUp View Post

Unhide hidden files and get rid of any read-only attributes. Worked for me. I saw the solution in a message in the Mediabrowser forums. Or maybe on here even. I can't quite remember.

Or use metabrowser, works a lot better for me.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #563 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

Or use metabrowser, works a lot better for me.

Yeah, I switched from Salami's to metabrowser, too. I like it much better, and it keeps getting updates frequently.
post #564 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Is there a way to add an intro to the beginning of movies?? I'm not sure where Ive seen it, I could have sworn I've seen it before, probably like Sage or one of those other frontends. I'm wondering if the Dev's of Media Browser could get something like that to work. I'll probably have to go suggest it over in their forum.

Are any of you guys interested in something like that?? Like a custome .jpg thats says... WELCOME TO THE "place name here" HOME THEATER. Or something to that effect.

Lemme know what you guys think, it should be doable.

Xzener
post #565 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Is there a way to add an intro to the beginning of movies?? I'm not sure where Ive seen it, I could have sworn I've seen it before, probably like Sage or one of those other frontends. I'm wondering if the Dev's of Media Browser could get something like that to work. I'll probably have to go suggest it over in their forum.

Are any of you guys interested in something like that?? Like a custome .jpg thats says... WELCOME TO THE "place name here" HOME THEATER. Or something to that effect.

Xzener

I believe they're looking into trailer support, which would do what you are talking about.

Technically, you can do it right now. Let's say you have a remuxed BD into a MKV named "movie.mkv". Simply make another MKV of what you want to come on first, and name it "movie01.mkv". Then name your original movie "movie02.mkv". If they're in the same folder, it should play them seamlessly (or close to seamlessly).

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #566 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

taz291819,

Man, are you serious!!! I'm going to try this out when I get home tonight. Anyone know how to make a still .jpg into an .mkv for like 10 seconds???

Xzener
post #567 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joikd View Post

Yeah, I switched from Salami's to metabrowser, too. I like it much better, and it keeps getting updates frequently.

I use a variety of them to make sure that I get the cover that I want. No single one of those fills all my requirements.
post #568 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Xzener

Ok, they have a UserVoice site for Media Browser. You can find it here...
http://videobrowser.uservoice.com/
I found that my suggestion is #3 on the list of what people are wanting added. So I'm sure it will come to fruition soon enough.

I added my own suggestion to rewrite the plugin and make Media Browser its own program.... Who needs VMC?? Just kidding!! I love VMC.

Xzener
post #569 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 04:05 PM

I've been slowly moving to Media Browser from MyMovies2 and I have a question: It's been discussed several times in this thread how to get MB to lauch a 3rd party app like TMT or PowerDVD for blu-rays ripped to iso or folders. Is it possible to mimic the 'offline' function of MM2 where it will prompt me to insert the disc when a movie is selected in the browser? I don't have rips of any of my blu-rays due to hard drive space limitations and I do like MM2's ability to show media in my library that is available on discs.

BTW, I like MB a lot better than MM2 so far. The biggest reason is that it's much easier to reorganize the file structure of my media whenever I want. I just alter the virtual folder text and MB does the rest. With MM2, if you move folders around you have to go into each individual movie and locate the file path for each item.

My ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe + Antec ISK 310-150 HTPC Project: HTPC Nirvana
post #570 of 4110 Old 02-25-2009, 05:11 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpritchett View Post

I've been slowly moving to Media Browser from MyMovies2 and I have a question: It's been discussed several times in this thread how to get MB to lauch a 3rd party app like TMT or PowerDVD for blu-rays ripped to iso or folders. Is it possible to mimic the 'offline' function of MM2 where it will prompt me to insert the disc when a movie is selected in the browser? I don't have rips of any of my blu-rays due to hard drive space limitations and I do like MM2's ability to show media in my library that is available on discs.

BTW, I like MB a lot better than MM2 so far. The biggest reason is that it's much easier to reorganize the file structure of my media whenever I want. I just alter the virtual folder text and MB does the rest. With MM2, if you move folders around you have to go into each individual movie and locate the file path for each item.

Check this out for an idea. As long as the autoplay for your external drive is set to run your external app, I would think this would work...
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page