Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 4110 Old 12-16-2008, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz291819 View Post

Got the horizontal layout fixed, I was using an older version of Video Browser. Movie Organizer still crashes though.

Another problem, I can't get chapters or FF/RW to work with mkv's. I installed a VMC plugin called Media Center Control (or something like that), which is supposed to offer FF/RW for mkv's, but it was a no go (installed the latest FFDSHOW also).

Never had any problems with salami's movie organizer crashing. Sounds like it might be some file access problem - have you checked write access to the folders where it wants to save the metadata?

I also have Media Control and I also don't have FF/RW or chapters working for my .mkv's. Very interested in a solution to this. I haven't fiddled with it much in case of breaking something.

/politby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 4110 Old 12-16-2008, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglx View Post

The only issue I have it does not support Virtual CloneDrive... which is much better the Daemon tools... MyMovies supports Virtual CloneDrive.. so why doesnt this?

I too like VCD better than Daemon... but I'm sure they will get around to implementing it some time ...
post #33 of 4110 Old 12-16-2008, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

VCD has been around fairly long at this point.. why does everyone gravitate to Daemon tools? I have found Daemons tools to be low performing and have encountered driver compatibility issues in the past..
post #34 of 4110 Old 12-16-2008, 07:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I tried the Media Control Plugin and it works with my mkv´s both in Vista x32 and x64 from the keyboard. Have yet to explore its configuration program for the MCE remote, which seems to be reduced to the four color buttons. A really great plugin anyway, thanks again!

UPDATE:

The Media Control plugin definitely works for my mkv's with all functionality on Vista x32 with a MCE Remote. As for Vista x64 it worked very nice without a MCE remote (from the keyboard) but no way or with limited functionality with the remote, maybe because of ffdshow64 instabilities (i tried several versions).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(capture, install/uninstall, troubleshooting)
post #35 of 4110 Old 12-16-2008, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'm currently using MM and have a total of about 1400 movies. Of those, about 400 are Blu-ray or HD-DVDs ripped to MKVs w/ flac audio. All my DVDs are ripped to folder structures.

My directories are setup as follows:

Z:\\\\SD Movies\\Alien\\VIDEO_TS\\
Z:\\\\SD Movies\\Aliens\\VIDEO_TS\\
Z:\\\\HD Movies\\AVP.mkv
Z:\\\\HD Movies\\AVP2.mkv
So I only have metadata for the DVD rips within each folder. All my .MKVs are individual files within the HD Movies folder. So all the metadata with residing in the MM database.

Would I need to place each .MKV within its own folder, and then use the utilities mentioned in order to re-create the metadata?

MM is slow with a large collection and I have been waiting for version 3 for I don't know how long now, so this sounds like it might be the way to go.
post #36 of 4110 Old 12-16-2008, 09:08 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclausen View Post

Would I need to place each .MKV within its own folder, and then use the utilities mentioned in order to re-create the metadata?

Yes, AFAIK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 4110 Old 12-16-2008, 02:42 PM

Liked: 11
thanks for the heads up on this program.....
ive been dreaming of a simple (shortcut type) app to add all my vids....this is great.

MS's share & video library setup & config is Terrible!

thanks VB team
post #38 of 4110 Old 12-17-2008, 05:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Eureka! Vista Media Center + Video Browser + Media Control Plug-in, working in Vista x64 for mkv's. Had some trouble with the MCE remote drivers for my Zalman HD160, which install their own version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable SP1. For the first time I can control mkv's playback with the MCE remote and from the beautiful Video Browser interface on top of VMC. There're still some limitations though, like subtitle switching, due to matroskasplitter64, and the 4 colour buttons not working, surely due to the Zalman HD160 Irtrans driver. No big deal as it works with the keyboard.

Thanks again politby for the heads up on these two great applications!

If you have problems hooking Media Control to ffdshow just go to Media Control Configuration program-> FFDShow configuration and click on "Apply minimal configuration" or "Apply recommended configuration".

Make sure to install a version of ffdshow with revision greater than 2083. I installed the latest for both x32 & x64.

post #39 of 4110 Old 12-19-2008, 10:19 AM

Thought I would drop this in since there was some pretty good interest in this plugin here.

The Media Browser team just released a new beta with tons of new features.

A description of what's new and how to donwload is here.

Screenshots are available here.

Jon

post #40 of 4110 Old 12-19-2008, 02:25 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I just installed MyMovies and am in the process of cataloging my meager (200 or so) collection.

This looks interesting too and I'd like to check it out but I need external player support like MM has. I want TT for SD and TMT for BD (don't want to go through all the conversion for HD discs - just simple one click rips out of AnyDVD for me...). Has there been any word on whether or not external player capability is coming? MM seems to do a great job of seamlessly integrating with both TT and TMT and that's what I want.

Also, if I install this alongside MM will it screw anything in MM up or can they live side by side?

ebr

post #41 of 4110 Old 12-19-2008, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

What should I use for a cataloging/frontend for my 1200+ collection on actual discs (well, DVD-R's)... no rips for me... I'd like something to tell me to insert disc #347 after I looked at the catalog info... ??

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #42 of 4110 Old 12-19-2008, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite View Post

What should I use for a cataloging/frontend for my 1200+ collection on actual discs (well, DVD-R's)... no rips for me... I'd like something to tell me to insert disc #347 after I looked at the catalog info... ??

A huge DVD wallet with all the discs alphabetized by title.

Lifespeed
post #43 of 4110 Old 12-19-2008, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A huge DVD wallet with all the discs alphabetized by title.

Haha....

Jim White
St. Petersburg, FL
post #44 of 4110 Old 12-20-2008, 05:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkleslie View Post

Thought I would drop this in since there was some pretty good interest in this plugin here.

The Media Browser team just released a new beta with tons of new features.

A description of what's new and how to donwload is here.

Screenshots are available here.

Thanks! 2.0.2 beta just released.

post #45 of 4110 Old 12-20-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulli View Post

Thanks! 2.0.2 beta just released.

This addin kicks ass! Much simpler and elegant than the bloated MyMovies addin, IMHO. This addin + Media Control addin + ffdshow filter = ultimate VMC experience. Kudos to the Media Browser team!
post #46 of 4110 Old 12-22-2008, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklee View Post

This addin kicks ass! Much simpler and elegant than the bloated MyMovies addin, IMHO. This addin + Media Control addin + ffdshow filter = ultimate VMC experience. Kudos to the Media Browser team!

Has anyone gotten the background images to populate properly? My TV rips populated just fine, but I have not had one populate for a single movie.
I checked over at the mediabrowser forum and it seems to be a common issue
post #47 of 4110 Old 12-22-2008, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev View Post

Has anyone gotten the background images to populate properly? My TV rips populated just fine, but I have not had one populate for a single movie.
I checked over at the mediabrowser forum and it seems to be a common issue

I actually just found a way to do it manually, just save an image and name it backdrop.jpg
post #48 of 4110 Old 12-22-2008, 08:53 AM

uninstalling this totally screwed my media center setup

ffdshow audio render no longer connects to the dts pin.

arg!
post #49 of 4110 Old 12-23-2008, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Just wanted to let the community know that with the latest beta VirtualClone Drive works perfectly...

I also wanted to add that with out the ability to spawn an external player I am dead in the water for BluRay as I do not have TMT... It would be nice to see PowerDVD to be either completely integrated with MC OR have the abililty to define an external player...

I do also want to add that SOME movies even with TMT do not work properly as I do have TMT on one of my other systems.. just not the player of choice for me..
post #50 of 4110 Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 PM

I can't get it to see my movies at all. I added the shortcuts to my "Videos" folder, set it as my main folder in VB, and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
post #51 of 4110 Old 12-26-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:

Just wanted to let the community know that with the latest beta VirtualClone Drive works perfectly...

And how did you get it to work?

I tried Mediabrowser and it didn't find anything in my DVD iso folders. BTW, I only have VCD installed, not DT.
post #52 of 4110 Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laggedreaction View Post

And how did you get it to work?

I tried Mediabrowser and it didn't find anything in my DVD iso folders. BTW, I only have VCD installed, not DT.

All you need to do is point the Daemon configuration (while in media center under Media Browser) to the

C:\\Program Files\\Elaborate Bytes\\VirtualCloneDrive\\VCDMount.exe

and define the drive letter the same that is used for VCD

No issues.. BUT it does not auto start the bluray.. you must use TMT for bluray as Video Browser does not support external players..
post #53 of 4110 Old 12-26-2008, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoltz View Post

I can't get it to see my movies at all. I added the shortcuts to my "Videos" folder, set it as my main folder in VB, and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Are the movies on a network share on a different PC? If so, make sure you are using the full UNC path in the shortcuts.
post #54 of 4110 Old 12-28-2008, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For those who llike to browse movies by genre, I found some really nice looking genre icons:

They can be downloaded from here.

They appear to be free for personal use.

/politby
post #55 of 4110 Old 12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

I went ahead and installed this plug-in. I'm a current MyMovies user and for the most part, things went smoothly.

I have a large media server that is mapped as Z: on all my HTPCs. So when I installed the plug-in, I set the initial location to Z:. So when I fire up Media Browser, I'm presented with the following folders:

HD Movies
HD Movie Videos & Concerts
HD TV Series
SD Movies
SD Music Videos & Concerts
SD TV Series

The folders containing the movies works perfectly since the plug-in picked up the metadata within each movie folder left there by MyMovies.

The problem is with the TV Series folders. Let's take Heroes for example. I purchased the blu-ray sets and then ripped the individual episodes to .mkv. For each season I pointed MyMovies to the individual episodes. This way, then I click on the cover for Season One within the MyMovies plugin, it pulls up details about the season, and then when I click "Watch" I'm presented with a list of the individual episodes.

Can I replicate this functionality with this plug-in?
post #56 of 4110 Old 12-29-2008, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

{snip}

The problem is with the TV Series folders. Let's take Heroes for example. I purchased the blu-ray sets and then ripped the individual episodes to .mkv. For each season I pointed MyMovies to the individual episodes. This way, then I click on the cover for Season One within the MyMovies plugin, it pulls up details about the season, and then when I click "Watch" I'm presented with a list of the individual episodes.

Yes, you can. The way I've done it is to use the following file structure (example):

\\TV Series\\\\Season01\\s01e01.mkv

Then use either "TV Scout" or TV "Meta Data Finder" to gather metadata for each series. They will traverse the folder structure, create the meta data in the appropriate locations, and then rename the episode files according to your specification - e.g -

This will enable Media Browser to display the seasons and episodes and start playback in the same way as My Movies.

/politby
post #57 of 4110 Old 12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I went ahead and installed this plug-in. I'm a current MyMovies user and for the most part, things went smoothly.

I have a large media server that is mapped as Z: on all my HTPCs. So when I installed the plug-in, I set the initial location to Z:. So when I fire up Media Browser, I'm presented with the following folders:

HD Movies
HD Movie Videos & Concerts
HD TV Series
SD Movies
SD Music Videos & Concerts
SD TV Series

The folders containing the movies works perfectly since the plug-in picked up the metadata within each movie folder left there by MyMovies.

You mean like this? Just a couple of screenshots to give you an idea.
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #58 of 4110 Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:

All you need to do is point the Daemon configuration (while in media center under Media Browser) to the

C:\\Program Files\\Elaborate Bytes\\VirtualCloneDrive\\VCDMount.exe

and define the drive letter the same that is used for VCD

No issues.. BUT it does not auto start the bluray.. you must use TMT for bluray as Video Browser does not support external players..

Are you using Vista x64? I am, and have not been able to get VCD to mount any images. When I click the movie title in VB, I get an error behind VMC from VCDMount saying "Can't mount 0,E:\\...\\movietitle.iso!"
post #59 of 4110 Old 12-30-2008, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor View Post

You mean like this? Just a couple of screenshots to give you an idea.

Wow, that is awesome! Yes, that is exactly what I want!

Which program did you use to gather the metadata? One of the ones suggested by politby? ("TV Scout" or TV "Meta Data Finder")
post #60 of 4110 Old 12-30-2008, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
The new beta is acting kind of odd for me. It can't seem to find a few of my titles, even after I named them exactly how IMDB has them named.

Also, what's really weird is Rambo (2007). If I clear the cache, fire up VMC, MB will find the metadata for Rambo, showing the poster, info, and background just fine. When I close VMC, and restart it, the metadata for Rambo is gone.

It did this with Casino Royale also.

Any ideas?

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page