Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguy View Post

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download

Download and extract the mediainfo.dll and place it in your c:\\windows\\system32 folder.

This gets picked up by media browser and will show your file details in the detail window. (aspect ratio, codec, resolution, bit rate, etc...)

More info here at the bottom of the page.
http://code.google.com/p/videobrowse...vancedFeatures

It does not do it for my BR ISO rips or DVD to folder Rips. It does do it for my mkv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

It does not do it for my BR ISO rips or DVD to folder Rips. It does do it for my mkv.

I'll have to try it tonite. If it works with .mkv files then I'm good. I've converted all my movies to mkv...... except BR and HD-DVD that I still have issues with French language..... I'm testing the MakeMKV product tonite too to see if it takes care of the language issue.

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #633 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 PM

Liked: 10
Hey guys is there something like this for Music? and i know its a stretch but would it would be nive if the pluging could also get the data from sat allmusic.com like Salimi. Please let me know.

Thanks!
post #634 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosdude View Post

I'll have to try it tonite. If it works with .mkv files then I'm good. I've converted all my movies to mkv...... except BR and HD-DVD that I still have issues with French language..... I'm testing the MakeMKV product tonite too to see if it takes care of the language issue.

Thanks.

Are you able to get menus with mkvs?
post #635 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosdude View Post

I used to have MyMovies installed and it shows the aspect ratios. But I understand it doesn't work well with mediaBrowser so when I rebuilt my HTPC I only installed Salami.

What is your experience with using MyMovies and MediaBrowser?.

Thx.

I believe mymovies shows manually entered (and contributed by users) aspect ratios that the software retrieves from the mymovies central datatabase.

The mediainfo dll actually scans your media files and gets the file information directly.
post #636 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by befernandes View Post

Hey guys is there something like this for Music? and i know its a stretch but would it would be nive if the pluging could also get the data from sat allmusic.com like Salimi. Please let me know.

Thanks!

Music Browser

http://code.google.com/p/music-browser/
post #637 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 PM

RickPTAk,

Which version of windows are you on.. Vista 32 or 64 bit? Or is it XP?

I had a similar issue with 64 bit vista not launching the player (I used PowerDVD) but would launch well (but in the background) with Vista 32. If you are using 64 bit, check your path, make sure you have (x86) called out and try to run the windowed version of VMC and see if that launches TMT.

Hope that helps.
post #638 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius74 View Post

Tried it.. LOOKS nice.. doesn't resolve the UNC issue (or implement it I should say).. Using / creating VF wasn't my issue.. 360 just can't seem to see anything..

Figured out the deal with permissions (or lack thereof) on the local videos files (I moved one over to test).. I deleted (disconnected) the computer from the 360, re-added it and figured the permissions would stay (clearly they didn't).. local is all good..

Now (the biggie).. All data is on a WHS box (the HP series).. The Guest account is enabled (the 360 can get to the server and files via the Video library menu), but it's a no go from the MCE (specially VB).. Adding a user to the WHS box doesn't make any sense to do to me since it requires a password.. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

(sorry if this was already answered in this 600+ post thread)..

Thanks

Enough with the PMs about the name...

Getting
Everything
Never
Implies
U are
Satisfied
post #639 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alano8omang View Post

RickPTAk,

Which version of windows are you on.. Vista 32 or 64 bit? Or is it XP?

I had a similar issue with 64 bit vista not launching the player (I used PowerDVD) but would launch well (but in the background) with Vista 32. If you are using 64 bit, check your path, make sure you have (x86) called out and try to run the windowed version of VMC and see if that launches TMT.

Hope that helps.

I am running Vista 32. What do you mean by running the windowed version of VMC?
post #640 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr View Post

Okay, sorry, I've been without power for 18hours and missed the response when I tried to catch up.

I'm baffled...

I got it working. I copied the TMT path from somewhere else and re-pasted it back into the cofig file and now it works. I think the problem was that since the path is two lines long that there was a space between line #1 and line #2 that wasn't noticable. Anyway it now works.
post #641 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

I believe mymovies shows manually entered (and contributed by users) aspect ratios that the software retrieves from the mymovies central datatabase.

The mediainfo dll actually scans your media files and gets the file information directly.

That's correct. MyMovies (and my personal version of MB) read a tag out of the xml file to get the aspect ratio.

MediaInfo doesn't actually have any aspect ratio information in it (that I'm aware of). It just has the frame size (Height and Width). MB then takes that info and derives an aspect ratio. Therefore, unless you go to great lengths to encode your rips properly (by cropping the frame to the right size) MB/MediaInfo will only ever report either 4:3 (for sd dvd) or 16:9 (for HD).

For this reason, I like reading it from a tag and knowing the actual aspect ratio of the film. I care because I have a CIH (constant image height/2.35) setup.

Someone please correct me if they have mediainfo working to display aspect properly in some other way. From what I've seen, I don't see how it can beyond the re-encode route.

ebr

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #642 of 4110 Old 03-02-2009, 05:42 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKPTAK View Post

I got it working. I copied the TMT path from somewhere else and re-pasted it back into the cofig file and now it works. I think the problem was that since the path is two lines long that there was a space between line #1 and line #2 that wasn't noticable. Anyway it now works.

Whew. .

Glad you found it.

ebr

post #643 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 07:36 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebr View Post

That's correct. MyMovies (and my personal version of MB) read a tag out of the xml file to get the aspect ratio.

MediaInfo doesn't actually have any aspect ratio information in it (that I'm aware of). It just has the frame size (Height and Width). MB then takes that info and derives an aspect ratio. Therefore, unless you go to great lengths to encode your rips properly (by cropping the frame to the right size) MB/MediaInfo will only ever report either 4:3 (for sd dvd) or 16:9 (for HD).

For this reason, I like reading it from a tag and knowing the actual aspect ratio of the film. I care because I have a CIH (constant image height/2.35) setup.

Someone please correct me if they have mediainfo working to display aspect properly in some other way. From what I've seen, I don't see how it can beyond the re-encode route.

You are right ebr. MediaInfo is only showing 720x480 0r 1280x720..etc. Not the 2.35:1 or 16:9 that I like to see because I also have CIH, and would like to know ahead of time what to set my scaler for.

So my question is, how did u get MyMovies to work with yours and able to display the correct aspect ratio as shown in this image? Especially how u configure MyMovies to read the tags of the mkv files?

Thanks.
LL

post #644 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

I don't know if i am the only one who watches HD discovery, History channel and National geographics and other documentaries, but what are you doing about metadata? most of the stuff i have are not tv series just a one off episode of something like "super cats" I just don't know how to get good meta (if any) for these type of programs, honestly it is the sloppiest part of my mb. all files (all mkv. all one file one folder) have no cover art or anything, and they just play one i click on it even though it is in a folder.

just curious as to what everyone is doing.

post #645 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 07:59 AM

Actually Media Info shows aspect ratio information for all my video files (not for dvd images though).

I didn't do anything other than drop it in my system32 folder.
post #646 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post

Music Browser

http://code.google.com/p/music-browser/

Doesn't media center already do a pretty good job of cataloging music (cd covers, track list, artist info)?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
post #647 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Doesn't media center already do a pretty good job of cataloging music (cd covers, track list, artist info)?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Music Browser allows you to browse to a folder to play music, rather than using a library. Some prefer this. It also has various cover art views, etc.

http://musicbrowser.free.fr/
post #648 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Actually Media Info shows aspect ratio information for all my video files (not for dvd images though).

same here

post #649 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post

Music Browser allows you to browse to a folder to play music, rather than using a library. Some prefer this. It also has various cover art views, etc.

http://musicbrowser.free.fr/

i personally perfect to use musicbrowser, i just have to get my cover arts together but if you like to browse your music by folder structure this is definitely the way to go.

post #650 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNkLorD View Post

same here

Do you both use folders or ISOs?

I use ISOs and the info does not show up for me.
post #651 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 AM
tsb
AVS Special Member

I hope media browser integrates this^^
post #652 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

all of my files are in MKV format

post #653 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I don't know if i am the only one who watches HD discovery, History channel and National geographics and other documentaries, but what are you doing about metadata? most of the stuff i have are not tv series just a one off episode of something like "super cats" I just don't know how to get good meta (if any) for these type of programs, honestly it is the sloppiest part of my mb. all files (all mkv. all one file one folder) have no cover art or anything, and they just play one i click on it even though it is in a folder.

just curious as to what everyone is doing.

You can always do it manually. If you don't know how to manually create an XML file, simply load the file into Metabrowser and manually fill in the fields. MB is only as good as what is entered into the TVDB, so if it isn't there, there really isn't anything MB can do about it.
post #654 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 09:18 AM

Is there a way to launch direct to MediaBrowser with a shortcut on the desktop like you can with MyMovies. I can't seem to find the command line / MCL file anywhere.
post #655 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Is there a way to launch direct to MediaBrowser with a shortcut on the desktop like you can with MyMovies. I can't seem to find the command line / MCL file anywhere.

Yep. I'll post the shortcut for it when I get home.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #656 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:

%SystemRoot%\\ehome\\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}
post #657 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Is Media Browser working in Windows 7 yet?? I have a guy thats interested.

Thanks,

Gamertag:
post #658 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

C:\\Windows\\ehome\\ehshell.exe /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}

EDIT:
Oops, beat me to it.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #659 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 05:34 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

same here

Its showing the proper aspect ratio? Meaning 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 or 1.78:1...?

What file format and how did you encode it?

ebr

post #660 of 4110 Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Neither folders or ISOs will work. Everyone who has this working at all is using MKV I think and I still don't know how they get the proper aspect ratio unless they crop the video custom to the aspect of the film during the rip.

ebr

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page