Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNkLorD View Post

OK I broke it
now when i click on mediabrowser i get a blank screen, everything else in mc works just no more mb.

last fiddling i can remember doing was moving things around with mc menu mender. and added a few more movies.

i uninstalled and reinstalled and still no media browser, i will try setting mcmenu mender back to defaults and see if that helps

thanks for all the help everyone i am finally back up and running.

i have 2 quick questions though.
1. i started to rip a few dvds finally, and when i go to launch the movie, man it takes forever for vmc to actually start playing it. at first i though it was a lockup and restarted mc, until i started another movie walked away for a few minutes and came back to find it loaded.

2nd question. i can't get media control pluggin to work for the life of it. if i can have some kind of ffwd and rewind or skip, it would be perfect for my mkv playbacks, right now i have to keep tapping on the ffwd remote button. if i hold it down for too long it will zip right past the whole movie and i would have to start all over. I installed media control and i have ffshow, i guess i just don't have it configured correctly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd like some help on this as well. I can switch Audio streams no problem, but I can't get the FF and REW working. I have a Logitech 550 remote.

Monklord, what remote do you have? And, do the other functions work?
post #723 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I also have a Harmony 550. I'd sure like to know if their is an FF or RW functionality with MKV's. Skipping sucks!
post #724 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Sounds like Monklord doesn't even have skipping. I have it, but have to press the next chapter button. FF doesn't do anything for me with MKVs.
post #725 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

I'm not in front of my HTPC, but initially FF/REW did not work with MKVs with Media Control. But simply disabling one setting fixed this for me. I can't recall the name of it off the top of my head but I THINK it was something related to "logging". I know it sounded innocuous enough but it fixed my issue and was one thing noted in the forums to change.

I can check later the exact parameter, but basically there was one parameter that prevented FF/REW from working for me.
post #726 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 PM

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the feature to DELETE a video after MB completes the playback? When you push the stop button while playing a video, there is a short menu that comes up, and one of the items is delete. I am maintaining a reasonably large collection of videos on the system and I dont really want to have anyone who uses the system deleting things on me.
I tried to change the value of

false

in the config file, but I didnt see that it has any effect.
I also saw some comment about delete in the road map for MB.
Any feedback on this point would be helpful.

BTW; THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT TOOL. I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MEDIA BROWSER!!!!
post #727 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member

I make my movie folder(s) read only to prevent deleting. It can be a hassle on an infrequent ocassion here and there, but mostly it's nice to not have to worry about deletions.
post #728 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

when i originally installed MB i had a program in the windows start menu for configuring MB, now since i installed the :"throgmorton" version, there is nothing in startup.

should there be? I can't seem to change where MB looks for files.

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off."
post #729 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM

odd, mine never gives me the delete option.... not that I want it, but just curious. I do have the beta updates enabled as well so I figure I have the same version, if not a newer beta than you.
post #730 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampyreGTX View Post

odd, mine never gives me the delete option.... not that I want it, but just curious. I do have the beta updates enabled as well so I figure I have the same version, if not a newer beta than you.

i have the delete option and have almost chosen it out of habit form my old comcast dvr days... i too would like to remove it.

post #731 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberedUp View Post

I'd like some help on this as well. I can switch Audio streams no problem, but I can't get the FF and REW working. I have a Logitech 550 remote.

Monklord, what remote do you have? And, do the other functions work?

You are doing way better than myself, i can't get it to switch audio or subtitles i can only get to the option. i am using a plain jane mc remote. (debating on the harmony 1100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

I also have a Harmony 550. I'd sure like to know if their is an FF or RW functionality with MKV's. Skipping sucks!

yeah the skipping does suck. it only skips a few seconds ahead and if i hold it down for anything more than a split second it will zip right to the end of the movie and i would have to start all over again.
Quote:

Sounds like Monklord doesn't even have skipping. I have it, but have to press the next chapter button. FF doesn't do anything for me with MKVs.

I have a slight skip by doing the same, using the chapter button.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdellutri View Post

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the feature to DELETE a video after MB completes the playback?

i have been looking for an answer to this one since before mediaBrowser.
post #732 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_311 View Post

i have the delete option and have almost chosen it out of habit form my old comcast dvr days... i too would like to remove it.

This never happens to me either. I'm not sure what the exact scenario is that will produce the delete dialog. However, this is not a MB thing. I'm pretty sure its either the player or MC itself that is presenting that menu...
post #733 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 05:06 PM
ebr
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb View Post

also, for those having the blank screen problem, there's no need to re-install I think

just go into the users folder and delete everything MB you can find and it will ask you to do initial set-up the next time you launch it

Actually, I think if you just disable the clock in MB all will be fine.

As an extra tidbit on this - I've found that when the blue screen happens, if media center is maximized - restore it to a window; if its windowed - maximize it and the screen will come back (in that mode only). This will allow you to get to the config page and turn off the clock.
post #734 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

can i disable subtitles of embedded in an mkv file in MB?

post #735 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

How do I get rid of the "720" from my covers? Its reading the aspect ratio of my intro and not the movie. I created a custom 720p intro for all my movies.
post #736 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 07:05 PM

I know this is going to appear ignorant, and I'm sure it is... but I would like to use the various plug-ins to view my video content (located on an external drive off another computer) within VMC. after downloading and installing media browser I am not able to get it showing up in VMC. I have ripped a couple of DVDs (John Adams-HBO series via DVD Shrink) to an external (networked) HD. Up until I discovered this thread I had implemented DVD Library Manager (I changed the registry to show DVD Library in the Recorded Movies & TV strip) and it worked (but I think this is better). I am now trying to implement the capability of watching my ripped movies using Media Browser. I've downloaded/installed that program: can see the xml file in the movie folder file but VMC does not show it.

Questions:
Is this not for "DVD Library" part of the "TV + Movies" strip?
If so what "strip" part is it? (the "Picture + Videos"?) or does one need to be created? How?
I'm assuming that I can organize by genre, actor, etc. How is that displayed in VMC?

If I'm off base here, suggestions on how to get back on would be helpful.

Thanks.
post #737 of 4110 Old 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by untechnoman View Post

I know this is going to appear ignorant, and I'm sure it is... but I would like to use the various plug-ins to view my video content (located on an external drive off another computer) within VMC. after downloading and installing media browser I am not able to get it showing up in VMC. I have ripped a couple of DVDs (John Adams-HBO series via DVD Shrink) to an external (networked) HD. Up until I discovered this thread I had implemented DVD Library Manager (I changed the registry to show DVD Library in the Recorded Movies & TV strip) and it worked (but I think this is better). I am now trying to implement the capability of watching my ripped movies using Media Browser. I've downloaded/installed that program: can see the xml file in the movie folder file but VMC does not show it.

Questions:
Is this not for "DVD Library" part of the "TV + Movies" strip?
If so what "strip" part is it? (the "Picture + Videos"?) or does one need to be created? How?
I'm assuming that I can organize by genre, actor, etc. How is that displayed in VMC?

If I'm off base here, suggestions on how to get back on would be helpful.

Thanks.

Start here. http://www.mediabrowser.tv/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=932
post #738 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Monklord, have you tried the test program to see whether the media control plugin is actually hooking into ffdshow? Initially for me it wasn't. I tried reinstalling ffdshow a couple of times and I tried reinstalling the plugin a couple of times. Each time, the test program wouldn't show that I was controllin the media player.

Finally, I went ahead and deleted the ffdshow folder and deleted the plugin. Then I reinstalled ffdshow and then reinistalled the plugin. After that, it started working. Again, sort of. I can do most everything except FF and REW.
post #739 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

How do I get rid of the "720" from my covers? Its reading the aspect ratio of my intro and not the movie. I created a custom 720p intro for all my movies.

I don't think you can. You would probably have to somehow rewrite the code so that the program looks at the video somewhere after the first 10-15 seconds (or however long your intro is).
post #740 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Monklord, have you tried the test program to see whether the media control plugin is actually hooking into ffdshow? Initially for me it wasn't. I tried reinstalling ffdshow a couple of times and I tried reinstalling the plugin a couple of times. Each time, the test program wouldn't show that I was controllin the media player.

Finally, I went ahead and deleted the ffdshow folder and deleted the plugin. Then I reinstalled ffdshow and then reinistalled the plugin. After that, it started working. Again, sort of. I can do most everything except FF and REW.

i will check again and see if the test works for me. if not i will do as you said, and go ahead and uninstall both then reinstall.
post #741 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't think you can. You would probably have to somehow rewrite the code so that the program looks at the video somewhere after the first 10-15 seconds (or however long your intro is).

Thanks GooberedUp, thats sucks. I may just have to delete the .dll I added to do that to my movies.
post #742 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I think the dll is cool and all, but not really that useful. At least not for me.
post #743 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I wonder if there is a 720 image in the "imagesbyname" folder I can mess around with?? Hmmmm.... Sounds like I have a project when I get home, hehe!! I noticed there was a HD one too, I like it better that 720. Maybe I can just rename some stuff.
post #744 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 AM

MediaBroser is Great and I've been enjoying playing around with my Vista media center for about a month now. it works great with my Xbox360. Right now My xbox360 is able to play anything I throw at it which is really cool (well except ISO's but I didn't really take the time to set that up). I've learned so much from reading here, you guys are great. The only thing missing is showing the aspect ratio on the covers and in the detail view.

I like that information that mediainfo provides but I can't get it to work. I downloaded the file and extracted to the windows\\system32 folder, restarted Media center but the information still doesn't show up. Anything I'm missing here?
I have Vista 32bit and MediaBrowser 2.0.9.0.
post #745 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 11:42 AM

mediainfo won't show that info for your .iso's. I have the same issue and I haven't perfected converting to .mkv's yet for my HD movies.
post #746 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 AM

Actually it doesn't show for any of my videos. (MKV's, dvd's, etc.).
post #747 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmonk View Post

Actually it doesn't show for any of my videos. (MKV's, dvd's, etc.).

Have you cleared the cache in MB? That was my issue originally when I installed mediainfo.
post #748 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

It doesn't work for my .VOB movies. What about you guys, does it work for you?? Which formats does it support??
post #749 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampyreGTX View Post

Have you cleared the cache in MB? That was my issue originally when I installed mediainfo.

Yeah I did that when I first restarted the media center and MB.
I tryed installing the whole mediainfo software, uninstalled it. tryed just copying the dll file into the folder too. I'm just running out of ideas right now.
post #750 of 4110 Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmonk View Post

Yeah I did that when I first restarted the media center and MB.
I tryed installing the whole mediainfo software, uninstalled it. tryed just copying the dll file into the folder too. I'm just running out of ideas right now.

I guess double check the directory in which you pasted the .dll file. It should be here... C:\\ProgramData\\MeidaBrowser\\ Mine works, for the most part. It pulls the aspect, sound, etc for my intro So all my MKVs are 720 reguardless of what they actually are.

It's not working for my backed up DVD collection. Not sure what the issue is there. They are in the VOB format.

The images for WB, Fox, Universal etc... doesn't work either. Some of the guys over in the MediaBrowser forum are compiling their own builds with amazing results. I hear from one of the DEV's that a new release is comming. I hope they implement alot of the new stuff I've seen and heard.

Here is a couple screenies... As you can see, the display shows resolution, aspect ratio, sound, rating, and what looks to be a new config menu.

Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page