Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 52 - AVS Forum
First ... 50  51  52 53  54  ... Last
Home Theater Computers > Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector
Demonseed64's Avatar Demonseed64 02:25 AM 06-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallica View Post

Are there any plans for Media Browser to automatically download metadata?

It already does, it does it to the cache and not to your folders

Ric_Margiotta's Avatar Ric_Margiotta 05:51 AM 06-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagojago View Post

Where is this cache located? I'd like to clear it once I have all the proper info in the actual movie folders.

It's in the hidden folder ProgramData\\MediaBrowser\\Cache. However, you should note that deleting the cache won't really achieve anything, it'll just be rebuilt again the next time Media Browser runs. Even though it's good to have the data saved locally wherever the movies may be on your network, it would still be too slow for Media Browser to function, so it needs to make its own local cache.

However, the advantage of having all your files saved is that when MB comes to rebuild the cache, it doesn't need to download anything from the net - all the files are already downloaded and ready to access. Much faster than redownloading everything. I suppose an advantage to deleting the cache after using another app to download all the data is that you know Media Browser will have all the latest info, plus any manual changes you've made to it.
jagojago's Avatar jagojago 07:47 AM 06-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_Margiotta View Post

It's in the hidden folder ProgramData\\MediaBrowser\\Cache. However, you should note that deleting the cache won't really achieve anything, it'll just be rebuilt again the next time Media Browser runs. Even though it's good to have the data saved locally wherever the movies may be on your network, it would still be too slow for Media Browser to function, so it needs to make its own local cache.

However, the advantage of having all your files saved is that when MB comes to rebuild the cache, it doesn't need to download anything from the net - all the files are already downloaded and ready to access. Much faster than redownloading everything. I suppose an advantage to deleting the cache after using another app to download all the data is that you know Media Browser will have all the latest info, plus any manual changes you've made to it.

So I updated all the info in the actual movie folder and didn't touch the cache, and MB correctly pulled the info/pics from the movie folders. I guess they have precedence over the cache, and that's fine with me.
cybrsage's Avatar cybrsage 08:04 AM 06-10-2009
I have had to clear the cache from time to time to force updates when I change things in the folders...especially if I make changes AND move the folder to a new location.

To clear the cache, you need to go to the bar at the top and cycle through the choices. One of them will have the choice to clear the cache.

It then rebuilds when you restart MB.
Scallica's Avatar Scallica 07:42 PM 06-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonseed64 View Post

It already does, it does it to the cache and not to your folders

Does that include cover art? Why do I need to use the Salami program?
LongRufus's Avatar LongRufus 07:57 PM 06-10-2009
Quote:

Does that include cover art? Why do I need to use the Salami program?

You don't. All you actually need is Media Browser. If you use the correct file structure and correct title, MB will get everything you need with out any 3rd party programs. People use the 3rd party programs to tweak the default artwork or add personalized genre titles etc.
James_stewart's Avatar James_stewart 08:56 PM 06-10-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRufus View Post

You don't. All you actually need is Media Browser. If you use the correct file structure and correct title, MB will get everything you need with out any 3rd party programs. People use the 3rd party programs to tweak the default artwork or add personalized genre titles etc.

We use the metadata editors because it saves the covers and metadata in the movie folder. It's nice to have the data and covers for some of us that reformat frequently or transfer our movies from computer to computer. There's no point in redownloading all data every time.
Scallica's Avatar Scallica 09:10 PM 06-10-2009
Thanks for clarifying. I never noticed that MediaBrowser automatically downloads metadata. I was using Salami to do this.
jagojago's Avatar jagojago 09:40 AM 06-11-2009
Quote:

Thanks for clarifying. I never noticed that MediaBrowser automatically downloads metadata. I was using Salami to do this.

It's pretty neat, the first time I ran media browser it was instantly downloading covers and backdrops for movies, very neat! I have since used Metabrowser to save all the metadata, customize some of it, and add missing stuff that media browser missed (didn't miss much).
cybrsage's Avatar cybrsage 10:07 AM 06-11-2009
The only problem with the auto download is when two movies have the same title.

For example, when my daughter was young, she loved Serendipity:

The basic story: Bobby's scientist parents have taken him along on an expedition to the South Pole. An iceburg breaks apart and separates Bobby from his parents, and Bobby ends up floating out to sea and landing on the lush, tropical Paradise Island, along with a large egg... from which hatches Serendipity. The inhabitants of the island, which is governed by Laura the mermaid princess...

What I got was:

The irresistible casting of John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale highlights this predictable romantic comedy, which combines the romantic yearning of An Affair to Remember and the New York charm of You've Got Mail.

I knew the error would happen, but since I use metabrowser, I just went in and changed it.
jkleslie's Avatar jkleslie 10:17 AM 06-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

The only problem with the auto download is when two movies have the same title.

For example, when my daughter was young, she loved Serendipity:

The basic story: Bobby's scientist parents have taken him along on an expedition to the South Pole. An iceburg breaks apart and separates Bobby from his parents, and Bobby ends up floating out to sea and landing on the lush, tropical Paradise Island, along with a large egg... from which hatches Serendipity. The inhabitants of the island, which is governed by Laura the mermaid princess...

What I got was:

The irresistible casting of John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale highlights this predictable romantic comedy, which combines the romantic yearning of An Affair to Remember and the New York charm of You've Got Mail.

I knew the error would happen, but since I use metabrowser, I just went in and changed it.

In cases like this, it helps to add the date in parenthesis to the title name. "Serendipity (2001)" would generate an exact match for the latter of the two.

This example isn't too good though since the title you wanted isn't on tMDB in the first place. But in those cases where there are more than one title of the same name, it does work well though (it actually helps with all titles, whether there are more than one of the same name or not).
Iteki's Avatar Iteki 01:18 PM 06-12-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker412 View Post

Has anyone gotten Media Browser to work via the Media Center interface on the 360?

Count me in on this as well...I can stream everything to it so far but TS folders and ISOs.

I've looked on the Mediabrowser.tv site, but I must not be looking in the right forum for info.

Windows7 RC and MB 2.0.10.0
Davinleeds's Avatar Davinleeds 08:02 AM 06-14-2009
Since the VMC update, all my work with dvd library, MB is gone and TMT won't work inside VMC. So I guess SP2 was part of this.
mike_311's Avatar mike_311 09:10 AM 06-14-2009
i just set up my cpu to dual boot windows and win7.

i shrunk my primary c: drive and made a new partition (g:\\)for the install.

after installing media browser in win7, i dont have a program data folder under win7 root g:. is it using the old c: program data? how can i check? i had to reset everything up. I cant seem to find the .config files that work with thwin7 install.

EDIT: check that, i got it to work, my programs data folder was hidden by windows...
Paul E. Fox, II's Avatar Paul E. Fox, II 06:30 AM 06-16-2009
I'm wondering...

There is a setting the in MediaBrowswer Configuration Utility that looks for the location of Daemon Tools.

Does Daemon Tools come with this app or is it a separate download? I did a search for that and I didn't find it installed but I do have Slysoft's VirtualDrive...will that work?

From the Google, the only Daemon Tools I found is a paid application which I can deal with but I wanted to make sure I was looking at the correct thing...
chicago312's Avatar chicago312 06:39 AM 06-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul E. Fox, II View Post

I'm wondering...

There is a setting the in MediaBrowswer Configuration Utility that looks for the location of Daemon Tools.

Does Daemon Tools come with this app or is it a separate download? I did a search for that and I didn't find it installed but I do have Slysoft's VirtualDrive...will that work?

From the Google, the only Daemon Tools I found is a paid application which I can deal with but I wanted to make sure I was looking at the correct thing...

I use Virtual CloneDrive from Slysoft..
Wo0zy's Avatar Wo0zy 06:39 AM 06-16-2009
Quote:

I'm wondering...

Yes, Slysoft's VCD will work and is probably the better option. I've read that you can just point MB at the VCD executable and it'll work but I've never tried as VCD also includes a handy deamon.exe

Works perfectly.

Wo0zy
LongRufus's Avatar LongRufus 06:43 AM 06-16-2009
Quote:

I'm wondering...

http://www.mediabrowser.tv/forum/vie...hp?f=11&t=1827
cybrsage's Avatar cybrsage 09:03 AM 06-16-2009
Quote:

I'm wondering...

No, it does not come with the program.

As others have said, I use Virtual Clone Drive by Slysoft:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

It is the last item on the page. It is free.

Just point to the VCD executable and it works perfectly.
JAYS10's Avatar JAYS10 10:15 AM 06-16-2009
mediabrowser = no mkv support? Whenever i load the path to my .mkv movies the movie list just stays blank...am i doing something wrong?

Media browser works fine however
jkleslie's Avatar jkleslie 10:26 AM 06-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYS10 View Post

mediabrowser = no mkv support? Whenever i load the path to my .mkv movies the movie list just stays blank...am i doing something wrong?

Are each of you movies in their own folder?
tlmaclennan's Avatar tlmaclennan 10:49 AM 06-16-2009
Quote:

Have you done everythign to get MKV working in WMP and WMC? Check this guide out...

http://chaocracy.com/blogs/ogre/arch...mkv-files.aspx

This is for windows 7 though. Not sure if you use Vista or XP. Everything from that guide should work except the registry patch. Search for Vista MKV registry patch or XP MKV registry patch if you use either of them.
Paul E. Fox, II's Avatar Paul E. Fox, II 10:56 AM 06-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago312 View Post

I use Virtual CloneDrive from Slysoft..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo0zy View Post

Yes, Slysoft's VCD will work and is probably the better option. I've read that you can just point MB at the VCD executable and it'll work but I've never tried as VCD also includes a handy deamon.exe

Works perfectly.

Wo0zy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

No, it does not come with the program.

As others have said, I use Virtual Clone Drive by Slysoft:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

It is the last item on the page. It is free.

Just point to the VCD executable and it works perfectly.

Hmm...I thought it should work. I have Virtual Close Drive and I thought that's what I did last night and I still got and error but I was quite tired so I may not have done what I thought I did.

I'll try it again this evening and see what I end up getting.
LongRufus's Avatar LongRufus 11:06 AM 06-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmaclennan View Post

Have you done everythign to get MKV working in WMP and WMC? Check this guide out...

This is for windows 7 though. Not sure if you use Vista or XP. Everything from that guide should work except the registry patch. Search for Vista MKV registry patch or XP MKV registry patch if you use either of them.

http://a8t8.spaces.live.com/blog/cns...0&sa=453284924
JAYS10's Avatar JAYS10 12:26 PM 06-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmaclennan View Post

yes. works with vista as well if you are running the 64bit version. I had to install ffdshow 64bit as well as haali 64bit in order to get the videos to PLAY on Media Center. the videos would show up before that (via a registry hack) but i would get an error trying to play them

also media scout runs with its own executable, not sure how it programmed to work with mediabrowser
sbg777's Avatar sbg777 12:37 PM 06-16-2009
Quote:

Hmm...I thought it should work. I have Virtual Close Drive and I thought that's what I did last night and I still got and error but I was quite tired so I may not have done what I thought I did.

I'll try it again this evening and see what I end up getting.

I found that I had to point to the Daemon.exe file and enable auto play to get it to work.
xzener's Avatar xzener 01:06 PM 06-16-2009
Quote:

I have Vista 32 utilizing Shark007 codec pack, MKV's in their own folders. No registry hack needed. MKV's work briliantly.

Hope that helps,
JAYS10's Avatar JAYS10 01:09 PM 06-16-2009
SORRY i meant to say mediasource!!! my .mkv files work FINE!
Paul E. Fox, II's Avatar Paul E. Fox, II 06:38 AM 06-17-2009
Ok...I now have this working AND I'm able to choose what encoders are used by 7MC so that's all coolio.

My question is this...how do I go about actually physically assigning cover art and such to the files? I see that MediaBrowser is actually loading stuff but since I'm currently chained to dial-up, this doesn't work as quickly as I'd like.

I'd like to be able to do it manually for each of my SD-DVDs that I end up ripping to the drive. Is it as simple as editing the MetaData for the file? I do this manually for my MP3s already as I rip them to the drive. As I'm also still a user of DVD Profiler, I would like to be able to use that data where applicable since it's all there anyway...

I know there is an app mentioned on the 1st page of this thread...is that a way to do what I want to do?
impmonkey's Avatar impmonkey 07:12 AM 06-17-2009
I prefer metabrowser for my metadata management.
First ... 50  51  52 53  54  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop