Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 59 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1741 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post

I have asked this before with no luck but I will try again.

When Media Browser would launch TMT2 to play a Blu Ray it would stutter and skip terrable for about the first 5 minutes and then clear up and be fine. My Movies never gives me this problem, always plays smooth right away.

I was hoping that TMT3 would be better. So now that they finally have the beta patch out and it will play Blu Ray from folders I got it all installed and working last night. Well it does exactly the same thing. It has to me something with Media Browser. Way back on one of the first versions I don't remeber having this problem, I don't remember when it started but it has been going on for a long time. Love Media Browser but we still have to use My Movies for quality play back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampyreGTX View Post

I've just started using TMT 3 and I get none of the stuttering you describe, using the TMT within 7MC or having MB open it as an external player. Mine starts playing and is smooth througout. It's possible it's an issue with VMC if your in Vista.

Are your movies stored on the HTPC or a server? Mine are on an Unraid server that is has to pull them off from.
I suppose I could try copying a movie to the HTPC and playing it off from their once to see what it does.

I am running Vista and VMC. I have a hard time thinking that it can be somthing with VMC or TMT because My Movies works fine with it. Both Media Browser and My Movies is calling up the same uMCEDVDPlayer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1742 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 08:44 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmaclennan View Post

I also can't get chapter support in 7MC or VMC. I have ripped all my blu-rays to MKV with eac3to. I select the chapters, video, and hd audio. The chapters are output in txt format. I then merge the three with mkvmerge, load the chapters in the chapters section under the Global tab, and drag and drop them into the Chapter Editor I make sure the language is set to English and country is set to US.

Chapters seem to work in VLC or other external players but when I try to skip chapters in 7MC or VMC it just skips 30 seconds ahead. Does media center support chapters?

No chapter support in Media Center with anything other than DVD. You can try the MediaControl plugin which will allow it though (if you get it working right).
post #1743 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by <><</strong> View Post

How are you ripping it? using eac3to? are u also extracting the chapters to a txt file?
You can then merge all 3 using mkvmerge and it will have chapter support.

Yes, using eac3to/mkvmerge to merge video, audio and chapters.txt.
post #1744 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 AM

That's what I thought. I will have to check out the MediaControl plugin.
post #1745 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Me too. Hopefully it will work under W7.

It sure would be nice if Microsoft added native chapter support for W7MC.

Are you guys able to FF 2x, 4x, 8x etc with MKV's, or is that also only supported for DVDs?
post #1746 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 AM

Hi all, I was hoping you all could help me out. I have tried to rip my DVD's to VIDEO_TS with AnyDVD using both the AnyDVD internal ripper and using CloneDVD with all the menus and previews taken out and could not get them to play in VMC either in the Video Library or the DVD Library or in Media Browser for some reason and have not been able to figure it out. With Blu-ray it has worked great for me using the guide on AVS with eac3to and MKVMerge they play great in Media Browser. So what I thought would be the easy part the SD DVDs I am having trouble with so my question is what is the best way that people rip their DVD's for viewing in Media Browser?

At some point I would like to try making these available to an xBox 360 MCX so I have already tried todvrms with a VOB file. It was a VOB that was created with the rip of a DVD with AnyDVD and Clone DVD as well, the dvr-ms file played fine but I haven't been able to combine all the VOB files to convert the whole movie into dvr-ms, I tried the copy b/ command prompt function and it combined the VOB files into one that looked to be the right size but the todvrms conversion only built a file that was 385k big so it definately didn't work. I wish I could keep adding VOB files to todvrms so it would build the dvr-ms file from multiple vob files but I can't figure that out.

Sorry for the long post but I have been working on this for 2 weeks and have become fairly frustrated at something that should not be hard at the stage we are in for regular DVD's. So I am on VMC 32bit with SP2 without the TV Pack and TMT 3 installed besides Media Browser although I don't use it for viewing anything because of my HD MKV's I need it for DTS HD-MA decoding which isn't working either!

Thanks for any help you all can give me.
GeoffQ
post #1747 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 AM

Liked: 147
Is there a way to put the MB icon on the main strip in 7MC? I am going to install the RC soon which is why I ask.

I use MCMenuMender in VMC to put the MB Icon on the main strip and the wife wants it there.
post #1748 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

The MediaControl plugin requires ffdshow tryout and MS C++. I was really trying to keep things nice and simple under W7. Bummer.

I did run MediaControl for a while under Vista, but at some point along the way it broke after installing or upgrading something else.
post #1749 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

Is there a way to put the MB icon on the main strip in 7MC? I am going to install the RC soon which is why I ask.

The latests version of MB does go on the main strip in 7MC RC by default.
post #1750 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffQ View Post

... I haven't been able to combine all the VOB files to convert the whole movie into dvr-ms, I tried the copy b/ command prompt function and it combined the VOB files into one that looked to be the right size but the todvrms conversion only built a file that was 385k big so it definately didn't work. I wish I could keep adding VOB files to todvrms so it would build the dvr-ms file from multiple vob files but I can't figure that out.
GeoffQ

Try pgc.net to combine the program chain containing your movie into a single VOB. That should work.

My ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe + Antec ISK 310-150 HTPC Project: HTPC Nirvana
post #1751 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpritchett View Post

Try pgc.net to combine the program chain containing your movie into a single VOB. That should work.

Thanks, I'll try it.
GeoffQ
post #1752 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclausen View Post

The MediaControl plugin requires ffdshow tryout and MS C++. I was really trying to keep things nice and simple under W7. Bummer.

I did run MediaControl for a while under Vista, but at some point along the way it broke after installing or upgrading something else.

I don't mind that as I already use both. My computer isn't a dedicate HTPC such that I use it to replace my DVD and blu-ray player. It is my desktop computer that also doubles as my DVD and blu-ray player so I don't mind having multiple programs installed.

cybrsage, the newest version of Media Browser does automatically put the MB strip in 7MC but there is also a simple registry hack that can add it for the previous versions. Check it out here:

http://www.mediabrowser.tv/forum/vie...hp?f=12&t=1847
post #1753 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Thanks, I'll try it.
GeoffQ

What I used to do is run my movies through Handbrake and then mkv2vob. Worked great for my PS3, but haven't been able to figure out how to get Vista to play the vobs.
post #1754 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought that because Vista had the native ability to play DVD's that it would play a ripped VIDEO_TS just like a DVD but I can't get it to play it in MP or VMC or Media Browser in VMC. Kind of crazy that standard DVD's are giving me the hardest time.
GeoffQ
post #1755 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 11:55 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

The latests version of MB does go on the main strip in 7MC RC by default.

Hmmm... not for me. Does it require a clean install? Or is there a setting to change this?
post #1756 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought that because Vista had the native ability to play DVD's that it would play a ripped VIDEO_TS just like a DVD but I can't get it to play it in MP or VMC or Media Browser in VMC. Kind of crazy that standard DVD's are giving me the hardest time.
GeoffQ

I had the same issue. Instead of fighting it, I took the easy way out. I create ISOs using Imgburn and load them into Daemontools. Works flawlessly.
post #1757 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkleslie View Post

No chapter support in Media Center with anything other than DVD. You can try the MediaControl plugin which will allow it though (if you get it working right).

The plugin works really well. I had some initial configuration issues, but after that it's been smooth sailing. Very handy to switch audio streams and jump chapters and true fast forward/rewind (albeit not always perfectly).
post #1758 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post

Hmmm... not for me. Does it require a clean install? Or is there a setting to change this?

I just did a clean install of the 32-bit RC and it gave the MB Icon its' own line, located between Extras and Pictures & Video on the vertical axis.
post #1759 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 02:13 PM

Liked: 147
Quote:

the latests version of mb does go on the main strip in 7mc rc by default.

sweet!!!

EDIT: Hmmm....not for everyone. Wonder what causes it to go where it does.
post #1760 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberedUp View Post

I had the same issue. Instead of fighting it, I took the easy way out. I create ISOs using Imgburn and load them into Daemontools. Works flawlessly.

Is there a way to get them on an extender that way? I figured that at least I had the raw DVD files and I could then change them to almost anything to get them onto a xBox 360 MCX, that is my holy grail full audio resolution at the media center and at least the movie with stereo audio at the MCX's.
Thanks,
GeoffQ
post #1761 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member

I'm having an impossible time getting it to work in win7!
post #1762 of 4110 Old 07-02-2009, 10:42 PM

When you say your having an impossible time, what do you mean? What is it doing/not doing. Specifics would be helpful. I only have limited knowledge of MB on Win7 but I will try to help
post #1763 of 4110 Old 07-03-2009, 04:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone have Media Browser working successfully on an extender? When I play a movie, I can see the video, but the audio is out of sync.

HTPC Enthusiast
post #1764 of 4110 Old 07-03-2009, 07:13 AM

I'm using the latest build on Win 7 and don't have any problem at all. Pls explain in detail what is your problem under Win7.
post #1765 of 4110 Old 07-03-2009, 07:32 AM

I have put together a Video Of My MediaBrowser Vanilla. Click To View my Video on YouTube
This is under the Windows 7 x64, so anything anyone needs to know how to do just ask a direct detailed question and a quick and fully detailed answer is sure to follow.
post #1766 of 4110 Old 07-03-2009, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scallica View Post

Does anyone have Media Browser working successfully on an extender? When I play a movie, I can see the video, but the audio is out of sync.

I had the same issue. Win 7 fixed it for me. That and telling mb to play mkv natively on the 360. There is an addon pack for the 360 that installs some codecs that are needed. If your mkv has dts there is a divx test install that can open that codec up.

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #1767 of 4110 Old 07-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteki View Post

I had the same issue. Win 7 fixed it for me. That and telling mb to play mkv natively on the 360. There is an addon pack for the 360 that installs some codecs that are needed. If your mkv has dts there is a divx test install that can open that codec up.

I solved the problem. I connected the same extender to another media center PC and I can view movies perfectly without any transcoding. I had to rename the VOB files to MPG, but other than that, sound and audio are perfect.

I think the codecs on the first system are trashed.

HTPC Enthusiast
post #1768 of 4110 Old 07-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

I was just bitching amidst trying to get it to work, it will not show up in 7MC at all, I've found it under the options to show it in the extra's menu, but even when that is checked, it doesn't show up in the extras menu, I'll make sure I have the latest version and if so I'll try an older build.

UPDATE: 2.0.1.1 seems to work just fine and list under the extra's menu, the latest 2.1.1 will not show up in 7MC for me at all!
post #1769 of 4110 Old 07-03-2009, 11:35 PM

I had to do a clean install of my system. I installed Media Browser and set everything back up, but every video, no matter the format, VMC says the file cannot be played, check file type. Then it says the window couldn't be maximized, the object pointed to no object name.

Its the same download I used previously that worked perfect. And the same install disc I used when I installed Vista before as well. So those two variables should be out. Anyone have any ideas as to what happened?

Oh, and another thing, I have all codecs needed for all of my file types, and VMC is giving me the error on wmv files. I can't think of anything that could be causing it.
post #1770 of 4110 Old 07-03-2009, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalton88 View Post

I had to do a clean install of my system. I installed Media Browser and set everything back up, but every video, no matter the format, VMC says the file cannot be played, check file type. Then it says the window couldn't be maximized, the object pointed to no object name.

Its the same download I used previously that worked perfect. And the same install disc I used when I installed Vista before as well. So those two variables should be out. Anyone have any ideas as to what happened?

Oh, and another thing, I have all codecs needed for all of my file types, and VMC is giving me the error on wmv files. I can't think of anything that could be causing it.

Are you sure you have the right codecs. I recently started using VMC and had to change from coreavc which I normally use to ffdshow.

WHat file types are you using and what codecs do you have. Also do you have vista64? I do and it was a pain getting it to play x264.

Not a lot of codecs are x64, you need to use ffdshowx64 and haalix64 for x264 on VMC.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page