Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1861 of 4110 Old 07-15-2009, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmaclennan View Post

I think its under C:\\Program Files (86)\\Elaborate Bytes\\Virtual CloneDrive\\vcd.exe or something like that.

If you have issues in MB using the VCD.exe, try pointing MB to daemon.exe in the same Virtual CloneDrive folder. VCD creates a 'Daemon Tools' compatible .exe you can run, which would help in compatability with programs that are designed for daemon tools.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 4110 Old 07-15-2009, 11:42 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post

Where is your movie folder located exactly? It may be that your userID does not have the proper NTFS security permission to view the folder and subfolders. Try adding your user ID to the movie folder security page and make sure you have read/write permission.

Also, it more likely may be that your user ID does not have read/write permission to the program data\\MediaBrowser folder, where cache information is stored. Make sure you have access to this folder as well.

Thanks for your help. My first instinct was to check NTSF permissions but nothing was changed. After another day of fumbling around I still can't figure it out. So instead I just went ahead and installed Windows 7 RC and now it works fine.

Was planning on upgrading to Win 7 anyway so this will just serve as a temporary solution until official release.
post #1863 of 4110 Old 07-15-2009, 01:17 PM

MY media browser is all screwed up. please help me
Win 7 RC 64bit
I cant play .vob even when in proper video_ts format folder. Says cannot play video.
I cant play .divx
I cant play .mkv
I cant play .ISO
This is driving me nuts!
post #1864 of 4110 Old 07-15-2009, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I would recommend
1. seeing if any of the files play in media center (right click on a file and say play with media center. Likely it is an issue unrelated to media brower such as whether you have the right codecs associated.
2. Go ask on the Media Browser forum. Doesn't make much sense to be looking for help here when the developers are there.
post #1865 of 4110 Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 PM

i ask here because I was hoping to get an answer. I have searched all over looking and still cannot fix this. The media browser forums are not as active as these forums.
I installed the Shark windows 7 codec with the 64bit codecs. Did the regedit patch to make my 64 bit media player default. But I still try playing a .mkv using Media Browser and it says it cannot play it. Anyone know how to fix this? What video player is media browser using to play movies because I can open .mkv with windows media player by itself.
post #1866 of 4110 Old 07-15-2009, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max-Powers View Post

i ask here because I was hoping to get an answer. I have searched all over looking and still cannot fix this. The media browser forums are not as active as these forums.
I installed the Shark windows 7 codec with the 64bit codecs. Did the regedit patch to make my 64 bit media player default. But I still try playing a .mkv using Media Browser and it says it cannot play it. Anyone know how to fix this? What video player is media browser using to play movies because I can open .mkv with windows media player by itself.

No offense, but you can't find any answers because you are looking in the wrong place. Your problems aren't with MediaBrowser but with Windows Media Center. You have clearly hosed your Windows configuration. Attempting to fix it now would be a huge waste of time and probably wouldn't be successful anyway. Bite the bullet and do a clean install. And while you are at it, it would probably be a smart move to drop back down to 32-bit until you get a better grip on how Win7 works. 64Bit just adds an extra layer of complication, especially with codecs, that you don't really need.
post #1867 of 4110 Old 07-16-2009, 03:16 AM
AVS Special Member

And in the context of an HTPC 64 bit doesn't bring anything new or usefull to the table unless you have > of 4Gb of ram.
post #1868 of 4110 Old 07-16-2009, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferax View Post

And in the context of an HTPC 64 bit doesn't bring anything new or usefull to the table unless you have > of 4Gb of ram.

Which is why I promptly put 32 bit on my HTPC. I love 64 bit w/ my laptop, but thats because my laptop is gawd awful fast anyways(minus the processor which is a little lacking, but it still keeps up with most desktops without i7 processors).

But I will say, I'm having the same problem with Media Center on another computer, can't for the life of me get it to play MKV's. Its Windows for you, I did the EXACT same setup process that I did for my HTPC, but with this other computer, its a no-go. Media Center just isn't having it.
post #1869 of 4110 Old 07-16-2009, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalton88 View Post

Which is why I promptly put 32 bit on my HTPC. I love 64 bit w/ my laptop, but thats because my laptop is gawd awful fast anyways(minus the processor which is a little lacking, but it still keeps up with most desktops without i7 processors).

But I will say, I'm having the same problem with Media Center on another computer, can't for the life of me get it to play MKV's. Its Windows for you, I did the EXACT same setup process that I did for my HTPC, but with this other computer, its a no-go. Media Center just isn't having it.

I had a few mkv that I wasn't able to play and to correct this what I did was to use mkvtools to look inside the mkv and find out what was the format of the audio and video track. Most of the time one of those wasn't being processed correctly by my installed codec. For exemple, one had ogg as an audio format and I didn't have a codec for it.
post #1870 of 4110 Old 07-16-2009, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Guys.. any of you have issues with launching an external player for MKVs? I cant seem to get it working
post #1871 of 4110 Old 07-16-2009, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I can't seem to get an external player working period. Tried, VLC, MPC, Zoomplayer.
post #1872 of 4110 Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmax2k1 View Post

I can't seem to get an external player working period. Tried, VLC, MPC, Zoomplayer.

Same here with MPC-HC.

Configured it in the config app and it doesn't do anything.
post #1873 of 4110 Old 07-16-2009, 07:10 AM

You have to edit the configuration file for external players.
http://www.mediabrowser.tv/wiki/inde...ternal_Players

This needs to be added to the config file for each file type.

Avi
PATH TO YOUR MEDIA PLAYER (EXAMPLE - C:\\MEDIAPLAYER.EXE)
"{0}"

Mkv
wmplayer.exe
"{0}"

post #1874 of 4110 Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

So you are saying the actual new config setup doesn't work and go back to the old way of setting that up.
post #1875 of 4110 Old 07-17-2009, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Whats the use of the configuration tool then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6032 View Post

You have to edit the configuration file for external players.

This needs to be added to the config file for each file type.

Avi
PATH TO YOUR MEDIA PLAYER (EXAMPLE - C:\\MEDIAPLAYER.EXE)
"{0}"

Mkv
wmplayer.exe
"{0}"

post #1876 of 4110 Old 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

to eventually not be buggy and work as expected
post #1877 of 4110 Old 07-17-2009, 06:50 PM

Liked: 148
I am running into an interesting error.

I had to reinstall MB because it broke on me. I am sure I did something, but no idea what. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

Before, it was working perfectly. Now, I get a Cannot Play Video "windows media player cannot find the specified file" error everytime I play a BR disc. Moments later, TMT starts up and the BR plays just fine. It acts like there is no error. When I press Stop, it returns to the blue screen with the Cannot Play Video error on it. If I go to the main VMC screen, I can see a little blue preview window in the lower left corner...blank of course.

I am using the latest MB, VMC, TMT3 140, BR ISOs, and VCD. HD-DVD and BluRay AutoStart are both set to "take no action", which is where they have been for months.

Help!
post #1878 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 01:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

TotalMedia Theatre 3.0.x.140 Release Notes

BUG FIXES

10. Folder path paramater via command line support restored to TMT2 method (3rd party apps that support TMT2 might still require update to support TMT3.)

Does anyone know if this bug fix applies to blu-ray folders and the TMT3 VMC plugin? I can't get this thing to work.

Say I have a blu-ray movie called "foo" in P:\\Movie\\Foo, and inside the Foo are two folders "BDMV" and "CERTIFICATE", Media Browser reports the error:

"There was a problem playing the content.
Check location exists
P:\\Movie\\Foo"

ISO playback works fine using VCD, but I would like to give folder playback a shot. Thanks.
post #1879 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I found the bug. If you remove all traces of then start the configuration tool it now works. It works for my Mkvs, M2TS, etc.

Quote:

to eventually not be buggy and work as expected

post #1880 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone know how to shut off the screen saver v2.1 introduced? Can't find it in searches and it pops up on top of my TV Tuner. Very annoying.
post #1881 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Anyone know how to shut off the screen saver v2.1 introduced? Can't find it in searches and it pops up on top of my TV Tuner. Very annoying.

Screen saver? Can you post a pic, because media browser has nothing to do with a "Screen saver".
post #1882 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genro View Post

Screen saver? Can you post a pic, because media browser has nothing to do with a "Screen saver".

Maybe it's a new feature of Win7. I didn't start using 2.1.1 until I installed Win7. I have screen saver turned off in Windows, but I'm getting one that pops up and displays all of the Media Browser icons that match the ones I've downloaded to use. They're placed in the my pictures folder. I just never thought it could be Windows because it lists all the icons on a huge pattern and then scrolls through them and then zooms in on one. It'll then bring it up in black and white and only change certain aspects of the icon to color. I never imagined Win7 would do this, if it is. I'm also pretty sure this screen saver only appears when I'm in Media Center.
post #1883 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maybe it's a new feature of Win7. I didn't start using 2.1.1 until I installed Win7. I have screen saver turned off in Windows, but I'm getting one that pops up and displays all of the Media Browser icons that match the ones I've downloaded to use. They're placed in the my pictures folder. I just never thought it could be Windows because it lists all the icons on a huge pattern and then scrolls through them and then zooms in on one. It'll then bring it up in black and white and only change certain aspects of the icon to color. I never imagined Win7 would do this, if it is. I'm also pretty sure this screen saver only appears when I'm in Media Center.

I'm pretty sure this is a Win7 thing. I see this anytime I pause anything in Media Center for more than 5 minutes. I looked everywhere in the Win7 MC option menus but never found any way to turn it off. I just live with it now.
post #1884 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I found it. It's under Media Center Settings --> Pictures --> Slide Show Screen Saver
post #1885 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 07:16 PM

Liked: 148
No one has any idea about my Cannot Play Video, "windows media player cannot find the specified file" error?
post #1886 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglx View Post

I found the bug. If you remove all traces of then start the configuration tool it now works. It works for my Mkvs, M2TS, etc.

stanglx, I'm still new at this so please bear with me. Which configuration tool do you use to get MB to launch an external player in order to play Mkv files? I do not see any such option when looking at MB's config tool. BTW, I use MkvMerge to merge the audio (flac) and the video (Mkv) and the result is a Mka file, perhaps MB does not recognize this format.
post #1887 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 07:36 PM

I don't understand why it outputs as a MKA file. It should be MKV with audio and video inside. The setting is in C:\\ProgramData\\MediaBrowser\\MediaBrowserXml.config. You can edit it with NotePad. Check this page out to see how to set it up manually.

post #1888 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quick question, can you hide the information bars on the bottom of the "home screen" of media browser and only show thumbnails and navigation controls?
post #1889 of 4110 Old 07-19-2009, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks weird that it outputs Mka file.. Never heard of this..

Anyway.. if you start Media Browsers config wizard click on advanced then the tab called External Players.. There is no such file type as Mka so you will need to choose Unknown.. If the file format is not known it will spawn the external player.. OR just rename your files to Mkv. Check and see if your config file was updated accordingly at C:\\ProgramData\\MediaBrowser in the file MediaBrowserXml.config

Mine looks like this:

TS
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Movie Editing\\mplayer\\mplayerc.exe
"{0}"

Unknown
"{0}"

Mkv
"{0}"

What I found was there was in the file... which for some reason was causing the config wizard to not write out the structure properly for the external player. Once I removed this single statement the structure was created properly. Keep in mind in my file that was the ONLY occurance or reference to any piece of the structure - which I am familiar with XML structure and new that having a close tag was improper without an open.

OR you can forgo the tool and just add the structure yourself as the others noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudo4re View Post

stanglx, I'm still new at this so please bear with me. Which configuration tool do you use to get MB to launch an external player in order to play Mkv files? I do not see any such option when looking at MB's config tool. BTW, I use MkvMerge to merge the audio (flac) and the video (Mkv) and the result is a Mka file, perhaps MB does not recognize this format.

post #1890 of 4110 Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv View Post

Quick question, can you hide the information bars on the bottom of the "home screen" of media browser and only show thumbnails and navigation controls?

Not at present.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page