Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 93 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2761 of 4110 Old 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev View Post

Create one main folder, and then create three more inside it (named Disk1, Disk2, Disk3). Place the Video_TS files inside the respective folders. When you see it on the Mediabrowser page, it will initially only show the main folder, then when you click on it, you will get the other three. You can put XML and Cover Art in all the folders as you wish. I do this all the time with Boxsets.

**EDIT=Never mind my quote'n ya davedev... i see what you meant now. I'll still leave the following reply intact for helping others new to the setup.**

You don't need to copy the files. That would double up the disk space for each vids. Simply create a shortcut to the movies folder you wish to have instead of a copy of it.

For example,

My movies are stored in a video folder

Videos
...DVDs
......movies
.........movie name
.........movie name
.........movie name
etc.
Now in a folder where I want a couple disk to be represented in, such as a box set, I have the actual rip in the same place as noted above, but I have another directory for "boxset", like I have a folder/directory for DVDs, only instead of having another copy of the ripped movie in there, i have shortcuts to the movie. ... This may make it easier to understand:

p.s. Yes... i know I'm missing one (Alien 3). Anydvd wouldn't rip it for some reason. I'll try again from another drive (laptop), sometimes that works.
LL

I have eight different bosses right now. ...Eight. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsArcade View Post

My MediaBrowser (running on x64 and using Metabrowser as well) has been running flawlessly until recently. It no longer shows any media in new folders I designate through the configuration tool. The play button is there when I select the folder in MB, and it plays the media in those new folders in alphabetical order, but there''s no way to select a video. If I move the media to an already-created media folder, it shows up perfectly fine.

This was happening about a week before Firestorm, and I hoped upgrading to it would solve the problem but no such luck. Has anyone else ever had issues selecting media in newly-watched folders?

Something in your folder setup there is causing Media Browser to ignore the fact that it's a top-level folder, and is instead treating it as a movie folder and beginning playback.

Do you have a least three movies in the folder? Make sure there aren't any loose video files not in their own folder. Are you mixing video types, such as AVI and video_ts rips? This will trip another known bug, either make sure you've got at least three of each type in there, or separate them out into folders, such as Movies - AVI and Movies - DVD. You can then use the Configuration utility to make both folders appear as one top-level Movies folder.
post #2763 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 10:31 AM

My media browser works great for playing back mkv. However I have some iso's I would like to use with an external player (pdvd9). In the configuration manager I set up the external player for iso to launch pdvd. and I also set up the mount image to virtual clone drive, and checked auto play. When I select the iso in media browser and hit play nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?
post #2764 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 10:39 AM

I have confirmed that vcd is mounting the image, but after that nothing happens.
post #2765 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by comgle64 View Post

I have confirmed that vcd is mounting the image, but after that nothing happens.

It is probably trying to play the .iso file which will not work. You would need to add whatever media type your .iso file is to launch PDVD9. If these are DVDs or Blu-ray discs then add those to open with PDVD9. Once your .iso mounts it will be seen as a DVD/BD and open with your external player.

Remove .iso from the list.
Leave your mounting as-is (vcdmount.exe) with auto-play.
Add the disc type of the .iso files to launch with PDVD9.

post #2766 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 11:54 AM

Thanks For the Help. That was the problem! Do you know if there is a way to not show the volume when switching chapters?
post #2767 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 12:14 PM

Ok it seems as if I am stuck using pdvd. I am now trying to use mcp-hc and it still launches pdvd. I dont know what the problem is! Also in pdvd it keeps resuming the video every time I select the movie, how do I make it start from the beginning? Any help is appreciated.
post #2768 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by comgle64 View Post

Ok it seems as if I am stuck using pdvd. I am now trying to use mcp-hc and it still launches pdvd. I dont know what the problem is! Also in pdvd it keeps resuming the video every time I select the movie, how do I make it start from the beginning? Any help is appreciated.

Your Windows Autoplay is probably set to launch PDVD9 instead of MCP-HC.

post #2769 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 01:26 PM

I installed MediaBrowser two days ago and got all the folders setup up correctly. But for some reason my cpu usage is still hanging around 50% and will stutter playing movies. What could be causing my cpu usage to be high? Like I said all of the poster art or images are showing.

Thanks for your help!
post #2770 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Sounds like you're using a software video decoder, such as FFDShow or CoreAVC that doesn't support GPU hardware decoding.
post #2771 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringals View Post

**EDIT=Never mind my quote'n ya davedev... i see what you meant now. I'll still leave the following reply intact for helping others new to the setup.**

You don't need to copy the files. That would double up the disk space for each vids. Simply create a shortcut to the movies folder you wish to have instead of a copy of it.

For example,

My movies are stored in a video folder

Videos
...DVDs
......movies
.........movie name
.........movie name
.........movie name
etc.
Now in a folder where I want a couple disk to be represented in, such as a box set, I have the actual rip in the same place as noted above, but I have another directory for "boxset", like I have a folder/directory for DVDs, only instead of having another copy of the ripped movie in there, i have shortcuts to the movie. ... This may make it easier to understand:

p.s. Yes... i know I'm missing one (Alien 3). Anydvd wouldn't rip it for some reason. I'll try again from another drive (laptop), sometimes that works.

thanks guys got it to work by creating folders.
post #2772 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 08:49 PM

Does anyone know if Metabrowser use TS file format for TV Series? I'm assuming it should considering it recognizes it for Movies, however it keeps skipping over the series names and goes straight to my season folders.

Example of what metabrowser looks like:

+Movies
-TV Series
-Season 1
S01E01
S01E02
post #2773 of 4110 Old 01-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_Margiotta View Post

Something in your folder setup there is causing Media Browser to ignore the fact that it's a top-level folder, and is instead treating it as a movie folder and beginning playback.

Do you have a least three movies in the folder? Make sure there aren't any loose video files not in their own folder. Are you mixing video types, such as AVI and video_ts rips? This will trip another known bug, either make sure you've got at least three of each type in there, or separate them out into folders, such as Movies - AVI and Movies - DVD. You can then use the Configuration utility to make both folders appear as one top-level Movies folder.

Adding the third video did the trick. Thanks a bunch!
post #2774 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpotteke22 View Post

Does anyone know if Metabrowser use TS file format for TV Series? I'm assuming it should considering it recognizes it for Movies, however it keeps skipping over the series names and goes straight to my season folders.

Example of what metabrowser looks like:

+Movies
-TV Series
-Season 1
S01E01
S01E02

Yes MB does suuport playback and metadata retrieval from DVD file formats, but are you saying that you have your TV Series within the Movies folder root - if so it shouldn't be, TV Series should be a root folder on its own and configured as such with the wizard ie:-

TV Series\\Season 1\\S01E01 etc
post #2775 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelman1991 View Post

Yes MB does suuport playback and metadata retrieval from DVD file formats, but are you saying that you have your TV Series within the Movies folder root - if so it shouldn't be, TV Series should be a root folder on its own and configured as such with the wizard ie:-

TV Series\\Season 1\\S01E01 etc

Crap, I can see how it looks like that by how I wrote it. TV Series is indeed a root folder.
post #2776 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:

Off the top of my head, I think you need to set up a folder for each episode as follows:

TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E01\\video_ts\\
TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E02\\video_ts\\

...and so on.
post #2777 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric_Margiotta View Post

Off the top of my head, I think you need to set up a folder for each episode as follows:

TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E01\\video_ts\\
TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E02\\video_ts\\

...and so on.

That's one way to have them Ric.

They can reside in various formats - with and without the VIDEO and AUDIO_TS folders ie:-

TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E01\\AUDIO_TS VIDEO_TS\\ifo, bup, vob etc.
TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E01\\VIDEO_TS\\ifo, bup, vob etc.
TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E01\\ifo, bup, vob etc.

Any of the above should enable correct playback and metadata retrieval from mediabrowser.
post #2778 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Though if ripping each episode seperately and not keeping them together on the disc, then using a program like MakeMKV is a lot easier, and you can place all the episodes in the same folder instead of having to create one for each episode.
post #2779 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post

though if ripping each episode seperately and not keeping them together on the disc, then using a program like makemkv is a lot easier, and you can place all the episodes in the same folder instead of having to create one for each episode.

+1

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #2780 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post

Though if ripping each episode seperately and not keeping them together on the disc, then using a program like MakeMKV is a lot easier, and you can place all the episodes in the same folder instead of having to create one for each episode.

Yep, that's my preference too, although it seems that some people have difficulties getting MKV to run well on their system.
post #2781 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
If people were to create their OWN .mkv, they probably wouldn't have a problem.
post #2782 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 09:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

Haha, very true. I have helped troubleshoot with a couple of people and when I tell them it is probably best to just rerip the disk I get silence!!!

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #2783 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

I do and the results with MakeMKV are poor and distinctly underwhelming at best - I'm sure more to do with my software setup than anything.

But anyway stick to what your good at, creating icons and leave the satire to others more capable

Anyone else having problems accessing the MB forums or Community tracker
post #2784 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I do and the results with MakeMKV are poor and distinctly underwhelming at best - I'm sure more to do with my software setup than anything.

But anyway stick to what your good at, creating icons and leave the satire to others more capable

Anyone else having problems accessing the MB forums or Community tracker

ive had great results with makemkv, especially tv shows.

"If the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off."
post #2785 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_311 View Post

ive had great results with makemkv, especially tv shows.

Sorry Mike I should have clarified that the rips were fine and MakeMKV worked flawlessly - it was the playback that was the problem - it just wasn't as good as a straight DVD rip and I also wanted native chapter support, which mkv's don't give, unless you're prepared to be totally driven crazy by Media Control
post #2786 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:

That's one way to have them Ric.

They can reside in various formats - with and without the VIDEO and AUDIO_TS folders ie:-

TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E01\\AUDIO_TS VIDEO_TS\\ifo, bup, vob etc.
TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E01\\VIDEO_TS\\ifo, bup, vob etc.
TV Shows\\Lost\\Season 1\\S01E01\\ifo, bup, vob etc.

Any of the above should enable correct playback and metadata retrieval from mediabrowser.

I'm pretty confident thats exactly what I have for a file structure- I'll try to get a couple screen captures up.
post #2787 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 02:50 PM

Windows Explorer:

Metabrowser view:

If anyone is curious, I found the folder naming conventions (SxxExx - Episode x)were recommended as the most compatible way of getting Metabrowser to properly recognize and rename the episodes in the Metabrowser user giude
post #2788 of 4110 Old 01-06-2010, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just stumbled on MediaBrowser and I like it but I'm having one problem that I don't see answered any where yet.

My computer is by my desk in my bedroom. I have a TV to watch movies on connected to the computer by HDMI. The monitor is also connected to the computer as well. I have a NVIDIA 280 video card.

My question is this: When I play the movie with MediaBrowser on the TV I would like the audio to play thru the tv. As it is now, I have to right click on the monitor speaker Icon and open up Playback devices and select HDMI as default. Is there a way to get MediaBrowser to do that for me when I start a movie?

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
post #2789 of 4110 Old 01-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Windows Explorer:

Metabrowser view:

If anyone is curious, I found the folder naming conventions (SxxExx - Episode x)were recommended as the most compatible way of getting Metabrowser to properly recognize and rename the episodes in the Metabrowser user giude

EDITED - having read your query correctly this time - at the moment metabrowser doesn't support the scraping of metadata in DVD file format rips. I have asked the dev to consider supporting it in the next release - see here http://www.mediabrowser.tv/forum/vie...=4274&start=70. I will presume at this point that with the inclusion of metabrowser in the chain you have disabled 'enable internet providers' in mediabrowser. If so, at the moment, the only way to obtain metadata for these files is to re-enable this function. I don't think having both scraping data will have a major effect on the workings of mediabrowser, other than perhaps increasing the cache size.

There is one other method which could be used, which requires user intervention and negates the automation process and one which I use for 'specials - season 00' episodes - see here http://community.mediabrowser.tv/per...-pull-metadata. Fine for a small number of episodes but not on an ongoing basis.

I don't think your naming convetnion will have a major bearing on scraping, though you might wan to tidy things up just in case - drop the 'episode 1, 2 etc from the folder name - its overkill and unneccessary - sufficient to have S01E01 - this will parse correctly, I would also remove the '\\main movie\\' folder in the chain - there's no need for it, that I can think of - again try removing it. One other thing that intrigues me is what type of video files are in the lowest folder - could you provide a screen shot - I'm asking because if they are DVD structure files then metabrowser shouldn't be recognising them in the manner depicted, but they would be shown as Season 1, 2 etc, but in the movies portion of the GUI.

Let me know how you get on.
post #2790 of 4110 Old 01-07-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:

EDITED - having read your query correctly this time - at the moment metabrowser doesn't support the scraping of metadata in DVD file format rips. I have asked the dev to consider supporting it in the next release - see here http://www.mediabrowser.tv/forum/vie...=4274&start=70. I will presume at this point that with the inclusion of metabrowser in the chain you have disabled 'enable internet providers' in mediabrowser. If so, at the moment, the only way to obtain metadata for these files is to re-enable this function. I don't think having both scraping data will have a major effect on the workings of mediabrowser, other than perhaps increasing the cache size.

There is one other method which could be used, which requires user intervention and negates the automation process and one which I use for 'specials - season 00' episodes - see here http://community.mediabrowser.tv/per...-pull-metadata. Fine for a small number of episodes but not on an ongoing basis.

I don't think your naming convetnion will have a major bearing on scraping, though you might wan to tidy things up just in case - drop the 'episode 1, 2 etc from the folder name - its overkill and unneccessary - sufficient to have S01E01 - this will parse correctly, I would also remove the '\\main movie\\' folder in the chain - there's no need for it, that I can think of - again try removing it. One other thing that intrigues me is what type of video files are in the lowest folder - could you provide a screen shot - I'm asking because if they are DVD structure files then metabrowser shouldn't be recognising them in the manner depicted, but they would be shown as Season 1, 2 etc, but in the movies portion of the GUI.

Let me know how you get on.

Somewhat confused here- If DVD file format rips are not supported by metabrowser, then way does it have no problem scraping data for anything that falls under my Movies root? Also, I am covinced that if indeed one of my season folders or ExxSxx actually matched a movie title, it would scrape data for that. It looks to me that metabrowser for some reason does not know to launch the appropriate GUI for thetvdb.com

My main sticking point here is that metabrowser -rather than recognizing the series name and then subfolders for season x, etc under it- jumps straight to the season subfolder as shown above. Because of this, metabrowser continues to run the GUI which is appropriate for collecting movie metadata, rather than the thetvdb one.

I understand your point about the MainMovie folder, however, I have tested moving the series folders from outside of it, yet in made no difference in metabrowser. Also, I have the same setup for movies and it works without a hitch (G:/Movies/MainMovie/Apocalypse Now etc)

To answer your question, I actually do have "enable internet providers" enabled currently

Thanks for the help
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page