Media Browser: Great alternative to DVD Library/My Movies/Movie Collector - Page 99 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2941 of 4110 Old 02-19-2010, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmyna View Post

Yeah I got that one too... But maybe it is about the new version comming out on the 22. Maybe that new Diamond version is made to work with the new MB. I don't know.

Is there a place where I can see more info about the new version and when its coming out?
Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2942 of 4110 Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olisito View Post

Is there a place where I can see more info about the new version and when its coming out?
Thanks !

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/
post #2943 of 4110 Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcell View Post

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/

Better yet, sorted by Thunderblade... http://community.mediabrowser.tv/top...g=thunderblade
post #2944 of 4110 Old 02-22-2010, 08:15 AM

Is thunderblade available now?
I see that the next millestone is pegasus.. however I don't see where thunderblade can be downloaded.
post #2945 of 4110 Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by olisito View Post

Is thunderblade available now?
I see that the next millestone is pegasus.. however I don't see where thunderblade can be downloaded.

Nope, not available yet

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #2946 of 4110 Old 02-22-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

Nope, not available yet

It is now! http://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/downloads/list
post #2947 of 4110 Old 02-22-2010, 04:16 PM

BUG - I like that diamond view but pressing back now means you go to the first movie in the list not the last one you viewed. This is horrid if you have a big collection.

Saying that, Maelstrom theme is nice.
post #2948 of 4110 Old 02-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Question for any MB and TMT3 users:

If I launch a DVD ISO from MB, a screen pops up for me to choose the player - either Windows Media Center or Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre. How can I make it automatically always choose WMC?
post #2949 of 4110 Old 02-22-2010, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

This new Thunder-blade Media Browser with the Diamond theme enabled is just plain lovely!! WooHoo!!
post #2950 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hey guys,

I'd like to thank you for your help making this the best Media Center plugin on the planet! I have released my EHS icons along side the launch of MediaBrowser Thunderblade. Go have a look at my Fanart page and download your self a copy of them. I put alot of hours into these icons, and am very proud of them. Please let me know what you think.

I dont like to toot my own horn, but they look amazing in every theme. Go check them out.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/per...art-collection
post #2951 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener View Post

Hey guys,

I'd like to thank you for your help making this the best Media Center plugin on the planet! I have released my EHS icons along side the launch of MediaBrowser Thunderblade. Go have a look at my Fanart page and download your self a copy of them. I put alot of hours into these icons, and am very proud of them. Please let me know what you think.

I dont like to toot my own horn, but they look amazing in every theme. Go check them out.

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/per...art-collection

Please toot, best icons out there IMO!!!

Cheers,
Damian

post #2952 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 AM

Does anyone know if this new version fixes the focus problem when calling an external app (eg MPC-HC)?

To elaborate, this is where if an external app is called, even though it's at the front the remote control is still controlling VMC rather than MPC-HC meaning play/pause etc don't work.

Couldn't see anything in the version notes about this.
post #2953 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 06:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggermcg View Post

Does anyone know if this new version fixes the focus problem when calling an external app (eg MPC-HC)?

To elaborate, this is where if an external app is called, even though it's at the front the remote control is still controlling VMC rather than MPC-HC meaning play/pause etc don't work.

Couldn't see anything in the version notes about this.

Yes mate it does - just point the configurator directly to the external player .exe file. No need to use ExternalLauncher .bat files anymore.
post #2954 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 06:22 AM

Great thanks, that's my project for tonight then!
post #2955 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggermcg View Post

Great thanks, that's my project for tonight then!

Heck yah me too!!

Edit, got it installed, MPC opens how i want it to as an external player. But it opens in windowed mode not full screen. Anyone know how to fix this??
post #2956 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

Heck yah me too!!

Edit, got it installed, MPC opens how i want it to as an external player. But it opens in windowed mode not full screen. Anyone know how to fix this??

Try opening it outside of medie center. Then full screen it and then exit. I think it will open fullscreen next time.
post #2957 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 View Post

Heck yah me too!!

When I was usinig the bat file from my guide it was specified to open MPC in fullscreen. I wonder since this is not being used not if you need to set the parameter in the Configuration Tool? I think the code you would need to enter is

Code:
"{0}" /fullscreen
Or Actually this would mimic the bat file:

Code:
"{0}" /fullscreen /play /close

Cheers,
Damian

post #2958 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I get an error telling me that it has stopped responding and prompts me to close it. Did a search, and it was suggested to turn UAC off. Did that and it still won't open. Another search suggested taking ownership of the programdata\\mediabrowser folder. Done and still no joy.

Downloaded the previous version and it worked fine. But I would definitely love to get on board with the new version and it's bug fixes/new features. Any thoughts?

I'm no expert....so your mileage may vary
XboxLiveID: archie68
post #2959 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

new mediabrowser 2.2.2 with diamond theme

xzener images

some 3d blu ray/hd dvd covers..some from xzener, others made with photshop

taken during day time on my 9' screen, sorry they could not be better, just wanted to share.........its awesome. could not wait till dark

post #2960 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

That looks great!

This seems like a total N00b question, but I can't figure it out:

How do you tell what version of MB is installed on your system and how do you go about updating when a new version is released?
post #2961 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody777 View Post

That looks great!

This seems like a total N00b question, but I can't figure it out:

How do you tell what version of MB is installed on your system and how do you go about updating when a new version is released?

heres a link...

http://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/downloads/list

it shows you in the configurator
post #2962 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch-digger View Post

heres a link...

http://code.google.com/p/videobrowser/downloads/list

it shows you in the configurator

Thanks for the link. It looks like the latest version is posted at the MediaBrowser site too.

But there's no updater in MediaBrowser? You just have to know when a new version is released and install it?
post #2963 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 PM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody777 View Post
Question for any MB and TMT3 users:

If I launch a DVD ISO from MB, a screen pops up for me to choose the player - either Windows Media Center or Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre. How can I make it automatically always choose WMC?
There is no way to make it only use TMT. You can make it only use WMC (which is what you want - so that is good).

Here you go, a little registry edit:

To remove the choice and always use WMC to play DVDs, I created a .reg file. It removes the registry key which tells Windows there is more than one player available and that it should ask you which you want to use.

Just copy the lines and paste them into a notepad text file. After saving the text file, rename the extension to .reg (instead of .txt) and double click the file. Windows will ask if you really want to do this, say yes, and Windows will say it is done.

I am not sure if you have to redo this after each TMT update. I keep the .reg file around for when I reinstall or such. Also, take note I am using Windows 7 32bit. I do not know if it is different for 64 bit, but my guess is they are both the same. The item in the brackets is all one line, it may break apart here due to the length of it. The - just inside the bracket means "remove this registry entry".

----------copy the items below this line-------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVer sion\\Media Center\\AutoPlayHandlers\\EventHandlers\\PlayDVDMovieOnArriv al]

EDIT: attached the .reg file in zipped format

DVD Choice Fix.zip 0.271484375k . file
post #2964 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 04:04 PM

Not really that impressed from those screen grabs. Looks like more of the same to me.
I like MB a lot, but lately I find xbmc (which I also have on my HTPC) better and more complete to me. The internet videos integrate better with the plugins than the podcast does under MB. The music library is also better done.

I do understand that the music part is a problem more with WMC then MB per se but I find it lacking none the less.

Of course WMC+MB win by a long shot in installation and configuration symplicity. But overall xbmc is still the slickest way to manage and access your media files.
post #2965 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmyna View Post

Not really that impressed from those screen grabs. Looks like more of the same to me.
I like MB a lot, but lately I find xbmc (which I also have on my HTPC) better and more complete to me. The internet videos integrate better with the plugins than the podcast does under MB. The music library is also better done.

I do understand that the music part is a problem more with WMC then MB per se but I find it lacking none the less.

Of course WMC+MB win by a long shot in installation and configuration symplicity. But overall xbmc is still the slickest way to manage and access your media files.

disagree about the music, much better than xbmc as far as i can see. i only use my htpc to watch stored bluray/hd dvd rips. amd music

it looks professional, clean crystal clear. and fast. aesthetically nothing comes close. 5 out of 5 for me.
post #2966 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackworth View Post

Try opening it outside of medie center. Then full screen it and then exit. I think it will open fullscreen next time.

I tried that but it just filled the screen but wasn't actually in full screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post

When I was usinig the bat file from my guide it was specified to open MPC in fullscreen. I wonder since this is not being used not if you need to set the parameter in the Configuration Tool? I think the code you would need to enter is

Code:
"{0}" /fullscreen
Or Actually this would mimic the bat file:

Code:
"{0}" /fullscreen /play /close

This did work though, thanks D!! I noticed though when you press stop, mpc does not close, pressing back does not work either. I have to press the media center button on my remote to go back to media browser. Then when I close WMC, MPC is still open.

Not a big deal but at this time I feel like the external launcher and bat file worked better.
post #2967 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

There is no way to make it only use TMT. You can make it only use WMC (which is what you want - so that is good).

Here you go, a little registry edit:

To remove the choice and always use WMC to play DVDs, I created a .reg file. It removes the registry key which tells Windows there is more than one player available and that it should ask you which you want to use.

Just copy the lines and paste them into a notepad text file. After saving the text file, rename the extension to .reg (instead of .txt) and double click the file. Windows will ask if you really want to do this, say yes, and Windows will say it is done.

I am not sure if you have to redo this after each TMT update. I keep the .reg file around for when I reinstall or such. Also, take note I am using Windows 7 32bit. I do not know if it is different for 64 bit, but my guess is they are both the same. The item in the brackets is all one line, it may break apart here due to the length of it. The - just inside the bracket means "remove this registry entry".

----------copy the items below this line-------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVer sion\\Media Center\\AutoPlayHandlers\\EventHandlers\\PlayDVDMovieOnArriv al]

Thanks!!! Just want to confirm... an space between currentversion and \\? No underscore between media and center?

Also, if this doesn't work for me? How can I easily undo it with a system restore or anything drastic like that?
post #2968 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

I just installed the MB v 2.2.2, where are all the themes at? Default is the only one available. Is this correct?
post #2969 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch-digger View Post

disagree about the music, much better than xbmc as far as i can see. i only use my htpc to watch stored bluray/hd dvd rips. amd music

it looks professional, clean crystal clear. and fast. aesthetically nothing comes close. 5 out of 5 for me.

Whatever float your boat I guess.

It all comes down to personnal preference. But I guess my beef is more about WMC then with MB per se.

I'm fed up of having to either watch a fuzzy picture with the built in WMC player, Fight with MPC-HC to get my subtitles showing in my BR rip or having to grab the mouse at the end of a movie to close WMP because MS forgot to put a close after watching video option.

I love MB, I really do. I've been using it on an off, alternating between Media Portal and MB for over a year now. But XBMC with Aeon... Or even Confluence skin is just... What I was looking for, and it will look so nice on my new Sony NX800 that I just ordered.
post #2970 of 4110 Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodbob1976 View Post

I just installed the MB v 2.2.2, where are all the themes at? Default is the only one available. Is this correct?

You add theme via the plugin section of the config utility I think now.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page