Resolution Issue. Geforce 7100 & Mitsubishi WD-62327 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-19-2008, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question regarding a newly built media center pc that is connected to a Mitsubishi WD-62327 HDTV. The mpc has a Geforce 7100 DVI connector. The problem is that when I connect the system to the HDTV I do not get the native 1280x720. The resolution appears fine when I plug it into my lcd monitor but as soon as I connect it to the HDTV I get really bad options for resolutions.

Things I have tried.
I tried creating a custom resolution through the Nvidia control panel. All desired resolutions failed to establish.
I tried using the software PowerStrip to get a custom resolution to no avail.

Things I have not tried
Getting a better DVI cable. I currently have a DVI-D (Single Link) cable. The HDTV has the ability to accept a DVI-I (Dual Link) cable. Would this make a difference?
Going from mpc SVGA to HDTV DVI?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-20-2008, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Try creating a custom monitor inf. In device manager change from the default monitor to the custom inf. Try searching Powerstrip forum for help too. Using vga to dvi should also work, because vga doesn't (mis)read edid.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-20-2008, 07:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
720p (1280x720@60Hz) is a standard resolution for Nvidia graphics cards and it does not require dual link.
You do not need custom resolutions or power strip.
A different cable is not required since your current cable works fine with the LCD mon itor.
What "weird" options do you get when connected to the TV? I thinke you shouod be getting 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

The weird options that I get for resolutions are as follows:
800x600
1024x768
1900x1600
1920x1080

The information I am getting online state that the WD-62327 has a native resolution of 1280x720. It is killing me that that option does not show up as a resolution option in Windows.

I am able to create a custom resolution of 720x480 using both Nvidia control panel as well as PowerStrip. Unfortunately this as well as the above resolutions just do not look right.

I will try to create a custom monitor inf this afternoon.

Some more info for clarification.
- The LCD worked fine but it was connected to the SVGA and not the DVI. In this case should I try to find an SVGA to DVI cable?
- Also, my video card DVI connector is DVI-D (Dual Link) and my HDTV connector is DVD-I (Dual Link). The only cable I have right now to connect with is a DVI-D (Single Link). Would this matter?

I will post again once I try out the new monitor inf. Thanks
post #5 of 6 Old 12-20-2008, 09:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
What version of the drivers from the Nvidia Website are you using for your 7100?
You need to get to the Nvidia control panel screen that allows you show all modes so that you will get a choice of 1280x720.
A double link connector and cable are only required for resolutions greater than 1920x1200.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-20-2008, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Walford, you are the man of the hour sir. Upgrading the driver did also upgraded the control panel. I can now get 1280x720 and also resize the screen so it fits properly within my HDTV. I could kick myself for not trying this but I am glad this is all it was. I just figured that being a new card it would ship with the latest drivers. Chalk that one up for a good lesson.

Thanks for the help and enjoy the holidays!
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page