*Official* Zotac Geforce 9300 Mini-Itx HTPC Motherboard Thread - Page 53 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1561 of 1588 Old 11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncola View Post

anyone else getting "HDMI not plugged in" with the newest video driver + hdmi audio driver? 260.99? I've tried reverting back to an older driver but I haven't been able to solve this..

No issue here. Upgraded to 260.99 late last month and haven't had any problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 1588 Old 12-03-2010, 01:57 AM

Liked: 13
So the issue I had fixed itself. I had a fresh install of win 6 x64 and 260.99 installed and my screen would flicker occasionally when I was alt tabbing or opening and closing programs, but it wouldn't flickr while playing a fullscreen movie. The first time I hibernated/slept the computer and woke it up, the SM Bus controller was detected and a driver was installed and the problem went away. bizaare

Gear list: Main setup - Kef Q900, Svs sb12-nsd subwoofer, onkyo 609 receiver, epson 8350 projector, elitescreens sable 92" screen, mac mini htpc
bedroom setup: PSB Image B5, maverick tubemagic a1 amplifier, hifimediy sabre9023 dac, ZMF Fostex T50RP modded headphones
preordered gear: Light Harmonic Geek Pulse X dac and headphone amp
post #1563 of 1588 Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I started have problems with the esata connection on the MB. I suspect it's the connector since the cable and unit work fine on another computer's esata. Anyone else having any problems with the esata connection?
post #1564 of 1588 Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck351 View Post

I started have problems with the esata connection on the MB. I suspect it's the connector since the cable and unit work fine on another computer's esata. Anyone else having any problems with the esata connection?

I know depending on the revision of the MOBO you have to be in AHCI mode for the eSATA to work at all.
post #1565 of 1588 Old 02-24-2011, 08:30 AM

I'm not sure if its just my hardware or what (I do have the 1st original version of this MOBO) but I lose 6 and 8 channel LPCM output on HDMI with the 260.xx versions of NVIDIA drivers. Additionally, the 265 (beta) and 266 (WHQL) give me BSOD. Anyone have similar issues?
post #1566 of 1588 Old 03-01-2011, 06:22 AM

yes, the newest drivers for geforce 9300 give me BSODs as well

Gear list: Main setup - Kef Q900, Svs sb12-nsd subwoofer, onkyo 609 receiver, epson 8350 projector, elitescreens sable 92" screen, mac mini htpc
bedroom setup: PSB Image B5, maverick tubemagic a1 amplifier, hifimediy sabre9023 dac, ZMF Fostex T50RP modded headphones
post #1567 of 1588 Old 03-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Advanced Member

I noticed I lost audio to the center and surround speakers a few driver updates ago when running the config test applet in the control panel. All channels playback fine when watching a movie though.

I haven't had any BSODs, currently running 266.58
post #1568 of 1588 Old 03-03-2011, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncola View Post

yes, the newest drivers for geforce 9300 give me BSODs as well

Misery loves company. Maybe in the next driver release this will sort itself out.
post #1569 of 1588 Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM

Nvidia still hates us The new beta drivers still cause a bsod and I have to revert to the drivers that come with windows to get it working. beta version GeForce/ION Driver v270.51 BETA 270.51 March 30, 2011 The only drivers I've found from nvidia's web site that work are the ones you get when you search for Nforce drivers, 7 series, 730i. nForce Driver Version 15.49 WHQL 15.49 October 1, 2009. even the newer nvidia drivers on windows update for win 7 x64 cause a BSOD.

also I noticed that some mobo component drivers don't get detected after a fresh windows install until you put the computer to sleep mode, then wake it up. I think the smbus driver.

post #1570 of 1588 Old 04-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member

I don't know if its because I run Win7 x32, but I'm not seeing any of the issues you mention. Currently running the beta drivers, no BSODs or anything else
post #1571 of 1588 Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yapluka33 View Post

I sent you a private message on the topic.

I'd also like instructions on how to get this mobo up and running. Sound is satisfactory (using Voodoo HDA), but video is glitchy (youtube stutters during playback, many video files dont show video at all, and Google Chrome crashes a lot). So I'm mainly interested in getting the video working correctly - what kexts do I install? What drivers should I use etc?

Thanks!
post #1572 of 1588 Old 05-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Wonder if anyone using this board could test something for me? I've been using LAV Audio Decoder and Splitter with great success (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191) but am having issues when attempting to use LAV CUVID hardware decoder (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=160290) in both GraphStudio and MPC-HC. Before I spent too much time troubleshooting it, would love to see if the issue is with my machine or a general issue with the Geforce 9300 chipset on this motherboard.

Basically I'm looking for other owners of this board, who are running Win7 32bit, to try playing a movie with MPC-HC while using the LAV CUVID decoder.

If you're willing to try, simply get a recent version of MPC-HC (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/) download / register the LAVCUVID filter listed above, go into Mpc-HC options and add LAV CUVID Decoder under external Filters and set it to Prefer. Then play a movie, right click within the player and select Filters, and see if the LAV CUVID decoder appears in the list.

In my case, it only appears with versions 1 and 3 of the filter, but the movies don't play. This filter offers hardware decoding, so is very useful when using a renderer like MADVR. So if anyone else with this board can confirm it works or doesn't work, that would be very helpful!

Edit - Nevermind, I figured it out. I dropped back to an earlier Nvidia driver release (270.51) and all is working
post #1573 of 1588 Old 07-15-2011, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Pardon me if this has been answered in the 54 pages of verbiage preceeding me, but I'm trying to determine the answer to an issue:
I have an few extra power supplies, ranging from 300 Watts to above, and would like to use them with this motherboard. I'll be using the onboard video as well.

My issue is - the only power supplies I have are 20-pin ATX connectors, while the Zotac MB seems to want a 24-pin connector.

Now - the computer (a HP Media Center computer) I want to cannibalize the power supply from has a 24-pin connector, but I see that the power supply is a 20-pin connector - with four pins not used on the MB!!

Can I do the same for this Zotac MB or will it cause major problems.
The only use of this MB is to be a Media Center Extender playing movies (mostly dvds off of network-drives) - so I wonder at how much power I really need.

Any advice would be most welcome!

"The well-placed coin changes much - even itself." - Lao-Tse
post #1574 of 1588 Old 07-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

You can buy little converters for like a buck...
post #1575 of 1588 Old 07-15-2011, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by none74 View Post
You can buy little converters for like a buck...
This won't burn anything out?
I would hate to put any undue stress on some of the wires or ports.

I'm wondering how the other motherboards worked just fine with the 20-pin connectors: surely those other 4 ports did something. Or maybe not heh heh!

The only thing I've read is that the extra 4 ports are for powering a pci-express port, for a graphics card. Since I would be using onboard video - perhaps I am okay.

"The well-placed coin changes much - even itself." - Lao-Tse
post #1576 of 1588 Old 07-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattardo View Post
This won't burn anything out?
No

but if you're that worried about it buy a power supply that has the connector you want...
post #1577 of 1588 Old 07-18-2011, 06:29 AM

Anyone have any trouble with the network adapter? The machine was working fine network wise but I did a fresh install of windows when I upgraded to an SSD and now the nix doesn't show up in device manager.

Any one have any thoughts on what's going on or how I can troubleshoot this?
post #1578 of 1588 Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potts.mike View Post

Anyone have any trouble with the network adapter? The machine was working fine network wise but I did a fresh install of windows when I upgraded to an SSD and now the nix doesn't show up in device manager.

Did you reset your BIOS to defaults when you reconfigured ?

If you did, when the defaults were loaded, was one of them to turn the onboard NIC off ?

I'd check to be sure the BIOS was set to use the onboard NIC first, then check to see if it shows up when the board posts*(it should be on the list just before the OS starts).

If its turned on in the BIOS, and it shows up in the post, then its a Windows problem...

So you're saying there's no entry AT ALL in the Device Manager ? Not even an entry that is, perhaps, identified incorrectly with a yellow question mark ?

If its in the device manager, but has a question mark, just load the correct drivers for it(sorry if I'm being too obvious...).
post #1579 of 1588 Old 07-18-2011, 07:23 AM

I reset the bios to the fail safe defaults. I'll need to go in and check that the inboard nic is enabled. Nothing network related in device manager.
post #1580 of 1588 Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:

I'm noticing the same issue. Reinstalled windows 7, now the nic doesn't work, WTF? I'm using the same components as before.

-------------------------------------------------------------
My windows 7 media center http://www.hellosri.com
post #1581 of 1588 Old 07-19-2011, 06:37 AM

My nic magically started working after a reboot, not sure why but it did. The issue that I am having is it won't boot from the DVD drive in ahci mode.
post #1582 of 1588 Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My nic magically started working after a reboot, not sure why but it did. The issue that I am having is it won't boot from the DVD drive in ahci mode.
AHCI is a monster pos to get working, really, you'd think since its YEARS since they introduced this new standard that it'd have the bugs worked out by now, not by half. I've been trying to get a Win7 x64 box going for about a week now, AHCI is a HUGE pain in the arse.

You've got to load the drivers for some AHCI controllers before you load Windows, that's all there is to it, and there are some pieces of equipment that just won't work well in AHCI. Look for a firmware update for your device, and the absolute latest drivers for your controller...and hope...
post #1583 of 1588 Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by none74 View Post

AHCI is a monster pos to get working, really, you'd think since its YEARS since they introduced this new standard that it'd have the bugs worked out by now, not by half. I've been trying to get a Win7 x64 box going for about a week now, AHCI is a HUGE pain in the arse.

You've got to load the drivers for some AHCI controllers before you load Windows, that's all there is to it, and there are some pieces of equipment that just won't work well in AHCI. Look for a firmware update for your device, and the absolute latest drivers for your controller...and hope...

So I've done it both ways (hey-ohh)...installed Win7 in IDE mode using the optical drive, then using this KB article to switch to AHCI (on my revision of the MOBO, I have to use AHCI for eSATA). I did on on 2 separate MOBOs (almost identical builds) with no problems.

When I went with an SSD, I decided to try the other route...start in AHCI mode (no bootable optical drive support) and installed Win7 from USB flash drive instead.

My only outstanding issues that still make me sad are the wake from USB (S3) and the fact that any NVIDIA 9300 driver > than 260.99 still BSODs my rig...this is an issue now with a lot of linux users as well (although I am happy with what I have).
post #1584 of 1588 Old 10-07-2011, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitdawg View Post

My only outstanding issues that still make me sad are the wake from USB (S3) and the fact that any NVIDIA 9300 driver > than 260.99 still BSODs my rig...this is an issue now with a lot of linux users as well (although I am happy with what I have).

It seems that Nvidia finally had a look at this issue and were able to reproduce it.
The bug is going to be fixed in the next driver release (hopefully):

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...5&postcount=58
post #1585 of 1588 Old 10-08-2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasarx View Post

It seems that Nvidia finally had a look at this issue and were able to reproduce it.
The bug is going to be fixed in the next driver release (hopefully):

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...5&postcount=58

that would be awesome ! I am having the same issue, everytime I try to install drivers I get BSOD and I have to do system restore, glad to see it's not just my board
post #1586 of 1588 Old 10-25-2011, 07:27 AM

@gulo

The bug is finally fixed in the beta (v290.03) which was just released:

"Fixed a bug that prevented the driver from loading on some systems with integrated graphics."

However, only the Linux version is already available. I hope the Windows version follow soon.
post #1587 of 1588 Old 12-01-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasarx View Post

@gulo

The bug is finally fixed in the beta (v290.03) which was just released:

"Fixed a bug that prevented the driver from loading on some systems with integrated graphics."

However, only the Linux version is already available. I hope the Windows version follow soon.

Its been over 18 months since I've been able to update and video drivers on this board and finally with the help of a linux board, nvidia fixed the issue for the 9300 boards that affected some of us. There is a 290.XX release (beta) for Windows and it finally works.
post #1588 of 1588 Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 AM

Hello,

I own Zotac of which i built a home server using WHS back in 2010. Recently the I/O panel is not providing signal or power to the monitor, mouse, keyboard or recieving signal from the ethernet connection.

Now this happened after disconnecting the 24 pin power connector from the board in order to add a extension to that connector. the reason i am adding an extension is becuase the space is so tight that sometimes wires from the power unit sometimes hit the blades of the cpu fan. so i figured i would add an extension to the power cable and reroute the this cable to avoid this conflict.

after i added the extension and re routed the power cable i connected the extension 24 pin back in to the board. i this point i reconnected everything else and powered up the unit. i noticed that the monitor was showing ``no signal``.

Ok, i switched monitors, and still nothing. i hear the hard drives are running as if the program is starting up....the fans are working accordingly, i that point i had not checked if there was any signal going to the mouse or keyboard. aftrer a few minutes i did a hard shut down and proceeded to restart the cpu...same thing.

at this point i figured something must be wrong with the new 24 pin extension cable....so i proceeded to disconnect the extension and reconnect the orginal way...power up and nothing on the screen again...but again HDDs running...fans working ....this time i noticed that mouse had no power....the keyboard is not working and the indicator lights on the ethernet are not blinking....so i am assuming the I/O part of the board in not functioningo or providing what it should????

can some please help resolve this issue.

this was my first build form scratch so i still consider myself a novice.

thanks
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page