AVS Forum banner

Hauppauge HD PVR and Scientific Atlanta 4250HD

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  absentbutcher 
#1 ·
Hello guys. My Hauppauge HD PVR just arrived yesterday and everything went fine until I ran the Blstcfg.exe. Firstly, I could not find my set top box model (Scientific Atlanta 4250HD) in the list of models. The Power ON/OFF button is also greyed out in the window.

I tried to run Test All with the follow model names to no avail:

Cablevision

Scientific Atlanta

Scientific Atlanta 4200

I also tried the Learn Key function but no matter what I did it always gave me an error (eg. ERROR: LearnKey (1) returned 1.)

The IR blaster seems to be working as it does blink red when called upon. I have also placed the IR blaster right next to the IR sensor on my set top box, which I believe to be to the immediate left of the time display on the LCD screen.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong. Hauppauge customer support is also closed at the moment. If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a TWC-supplied SA Explorer 4250HDC and use the following in blastcfg:

Region

North America
Device Type

Cable Box
Vendor/Model

Scientific-Atlanta
CodeSet

HTH, E.

ps: Just in case, the IR receiver is just to the left of the resolution/channel/clock display...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.