"Official" PowerDVD Ultra 9 Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 2862 Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
atomiccow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 711
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question about that DVD Ultra link a few pages back. I was hoping to do the trial of DVD 9 Ultra to see if it was worth it for added enhancements. I am not sure why Cyberlink does not post the Ultra demo of 9. Funny I haven't tried it but I assume my activation key for Deluxe will not make this Ultra one work will it?

Not posting an Ultra demo kept me from seriously considering Ultra 8. I briefly tried a bootlegger of 8 but Blu Rays seemed to choke on it for me so I dumped it Power DVD 7.3 Ultra which came with my player worked fine. I'll never know if a legit copy of Ultra 8 would have worked. Sony only supports Cyberlink 7.3 and nothing else. Not Nero, WinDVD or THT.

I like the theater enhancements for DVD, but if it plays Blu Rays like 8 did for me than I don't want to pay sixty dollars for it.

I would be willing to give them my sixty bucks for 9 Ultra if they can refund it quickly if it doesn't work well for me. I don't want to wait three weeks. I'd like to know it will be back in my account within three or four days. If anyone has had an experience with refunds from Cyberlink it would be appreciated.

PS. A lot of you talked about getting the upgrade for 59 bucks. I only see it for 69. But had an offer for five bucks off. Obviously I'd prefer to get it for 59. Tips on saving more money are even better.
atomiccow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 2862 Old 03-07-2009, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Lawguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This software is a real pice of junk.

I installed it last night and have tried it so far with only one Bluray Disk: Max Payne.

The program rarely starts the disk properly. Most times, I get a message that the disk is not digitally signed and asks if I want to access online material. It doesn't matter if I answer yes or no because it never seems to start and I have to close the program manually.

Once it is playing, I can't get audio to work properly on my ATI 4XXX card. There are two HDMI settings: Decoded PCM and bitstream. PCM is mapped to all the wrong channels and is unusable. Bitstreaming cuts out every minute or so.

I feel like I just threw money away on this piece of junk.

I don't have Anydvd or any other odd things installed, BTW. I just want to play movies off of the disks.

Affable Nitwit
Lawguy is online now  
post #183 of 2862 Old 03-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Member
 
jsc1205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiccow View Post

I am not sure if you have Blu Ray or not but colors on Blu Ray discs are often much more saturated and vibrant. I prefer to say all the colors are denser, including blacks and whites. So I don't know about whether they are more accurate on the normal setting. One thing you notice when you go back to DVDs after watching your blu rays is your DVD can almost look slightly faded by comparison. I don't know how it works or what its doing but it seems to do some sharpening and contrast in ways that adjusting with the usual controls can't do. I think you have to take this feature on a movie by movie basis. I like having the option. So far I have only tried in on Toy Story 2 DVD and think it brings in some of the qualities of Blu Ray...including the color saturation, I usually can't get. Sometimes there are parts of the picture that look over sharpened. But I think there are times when I'll take that over the softer picture. I haven't lived with it long enough to know if it will be in my permanent enhancement repertoire. I know I learned in a short while that original and theater settings in Power DVD were the only two I liked using because settings like vivid...which might have looked good at first really messed up the illusion of depth.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it.

I havent used PDVD 9 for Blu-ray because I use TMT for that since I have a ASUS XONAR HDAV1.3 soundcard and in order to bitstream the HD audio, TMT must be used. However, I do use PDVD for standard DVD's. And like I said, the difference that Im personally seeing between the hardware accleration and True Theater HD settings are really apparent. Yes it definately will depend on the movie, but what Im seeing is color saturation to point of the color bleeding over and to much sharpness to the image....even at the lowest settings. Again, it looks ok with TTHD turned with some movies, others it looks terrible. So I might just stick with turning it off for now. Who knows, maybe its something that Cyberlink is aware of and they will put out a fix for it. And talking of fixes, hopefully there will be one soon for all the problems I've encounterd with PDVD 9 so far.

Thanks
jsc1205 is offline  
post #184 of 2862 Old 03-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
JMGNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So, I bought it as an upgrade to PDVD8. As a bonus I got a $20 gift certificate with TigerDirect which I used on a new hardware.

My first impressions are it's an improvement on PDVD8 but has some bugs to work out.

My setup is an E4500, nVidia 8500GT, 4GB RAM, Vista 32, AnyDVD and VCD. I use VMC with plug-ins as a UI. Using a DVI to HDMI for video and SPDIF for audio.

The good:
-It auto-plays blu-ray disks in VMC with a very smooth transition
-It plays blu-ray .iso's launched through MyMovies with a very smooth transition
-It auto-plays SD DVD disks in VMC with a less smooth transition. VMC first ask whether you want to play the disk with Media Center or PowerDVD. Selecting PowerDVD launches it fine.
-It plays blu-ray .iso's launched through MyMovies. See above for launching quirk.
-The upscaling is very good but may not be to everyone's liking.
-The blu-ray PQ is excellent.
-It's much more remote friendly that PDVD8, especially with blu-ray.

The bad:
-It turns HA on for blu-ray which is fine. But then leaves it on for SD DVDs disabling it's upscaling. The PQ is still better than what you get with VMC but I'd rather it remembered to turn HA off for SD DVDs. There's no way to switch it back and forth in VMC so you've got to bring it up from the desktop to change the settings.
-MovieLive is annoying when launched from the desktop but is fine within VMC.
-The CinemaMode when launched from the desktop is buggy. Since I'm using it through VMC it's not really an issue for me.
-Sometimes you have to select the drive to play from, e.g. optical drive or mounted drive from .iso. There's a good UI to do so in the VMC plug-in so it's not really a problem, just a little annoying.
-It seems to ignore the Restart from Beggining setting. Sometimes it picks up where you left off and sometimes not. Either way you can control it with the remote so you can get where you want to go.
-There support sucks. But you already knew that.

Other thoughts:
-My receiver doesn't decode the latest lossless audio so I can't comment.
-It will downmix TRUEHD audio to 5.1 through SPDIF so that's fine for me but is obviously not for those with a better receiver than mine. I'm pretty happy with the sound quality for my environment though.
JMGNYC is offline  
post #185 of 2862 Old 03-07-2009, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andy o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 4,382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Mine crashes I got some trouble with some dll files that don't seem to be registered, but when I try to do it manually I get another error. I'll post more details when I get my other PC up again (running System Restore right now to try and install again).
Andy o is offline  
post #186 of 2862 Old 03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Member
 
Moritzio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

This software is a real pice of junk.

I installed it last night and have tried it so far with only one Bluray Disk: Max Payne.

The program rarely starts the disk properly. Most times, I get a message that the disk is not digitally signed and asks if I want to access online material. It doesn't matter if I answer yes or no because it never seems to start and I have to close the program manually.

Once it is playing, I can't get audio to work properly on my ATI 4XXX card. There are two HDMI settings: Decoded PCM and bitstream. PCM is mapped to all the wrong channels and is unusable. Bitstreaming cuts out every minute or so.

Others are reporting that rips of Max Payne will not play, unless you use tsremux to create a new BD structure for movie only. Remember to copy a complete empty BD structure to the remuxed directory. Most rips and remuxes don't account for some of the empty BD folders that PDVD and some players will look for. Of course after the remux, you have to build an ISO file.
Moritzio is offline  
post #187 of 2862 Old 03-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Senior Member
 
MATA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
does any one have problem playing m2ts VC-1 Video?

when i play m2ts VC-1 Video on powerdvd i only get audio and no video, however they play fine on WMP11 and MPC HT or Nero Show time, only whit powerdvd i have this problem, i have a pretty good system for HTPC running Vista Ultimate x32

English Is Not My First Language
My HD-DVD/BD Collection

MATA7 is offline  
post #188 of 2862 Old 03-08-2009, 04:38 AM
Member
 
Icaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

This software is a real pice of junk.

I installed it last night and have tried it so far with only one Bluray Disk: Max Payne.

The program rarely starts the disk properly. Most times, I get a message that the disk is not digitally signed and asks if I want to access online material. It doesn't matter if I answer yes or no because it never seems to start and I have to close the program manually.

Once it is playing, I can't get audio to work properly on my ATI 4XXX card...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post

Mine crashes I got some trouble with some dll files that don't seem to be registered, but when I try to do it manually I get another error. I'll post more details when I get my other PC up again (running System Restore right now to try and install again).

Try so I have resolved the problems that I had with ATI HDMI 2.13 causing crasch :

in Vista 32 go into c:\\windows\\system32\
tcom
and rename folder

In Vista 64 go into c:\\windows\\SysWOW64\\RTCOM and rename folder

Sorry for my bad English
Icaro is offline  
post #189 of 2862 Old 03-08-2009, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Lawguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moritzio View Post

Others are reporting that rips of Max Payne will not play, unless you use tsremux to create a new BD structure for movie only. Remember to copy a complete empty BD structure to the remuxed directory. Most rips and remuxes don't account for some of the empty BD folders that PDVD and some players will look for. Of course after the remux, you have to build an ISO file.

I am playing it right off the disk (at least trying to).

Affable Nitwit
Lawguy is online now  
post #190 of 2862 Old 03-08-2009, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stanglx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone try MKV file?
stanglx is offline  
post #191 of 2862 Old 03-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Member
 
Moritzio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post

I am playing it right off the disk (at least trying to).

If you are playing the Blu-Ray disk from a Blu-Ray player, that is reported to work. Rips are not working unless you remux the movie. It plays for me after the 1) remux 2) copy db structure 3) create ISO. I just tested it though, have not played it all the way through yet.
Moritzio is offline  
post #192 of 2862 Old 03-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
jeffreydeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MN, USA
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGNYC View Post

Has anyone tried playing a DVD in VMC with PowerDVD 9 installed?

I insert the DVD (or load and .iso rip) and am prompted with a VMC screen with 2 options; Play with Media Center or Play with PowerDVD.

Selecting PowerDVD launches their media center plug-in but the screen goes black and there are only intermittent bursts of garbled audio.

The same DVD plays fine in PowerDVD 9 outside of media center.

Any ideas?

It doesn't seem to me that this question was answered. Now I upgraded PDVD8 to PDVD9 and am having the similiar issue. I can't play any DVD or BD inside the Media Center.

After installing PDVD9, PDVD9 icon appears in two places in the Media Center user interface. One is in the same stripe of TV + Movies and the other is in its own stripe. If I click either icon without iso movie in VCD, it displays the Cyberlink logo for a second and then Media Center user interface will be minimized. For those of you that PDVD9 works inside VMC, if you click the icon on the VMC UI, what happens?

If click a movie listed by My Movies, I am given choice to played with Media Center or PDVD. If I choose PDVD, the same thing happens - CYberlink logo is displayed for a second and Media Center UI will be minimized.

Using PDVD9 play SDVD and BD directly outside VMC works perfect.

Any clue about this?

By the way, I am using Vista 86 Ultimate and ATI 4670 video card.
jeffreydeng is offline  
post #193 of 2862 Old 03-08-2009, 06:47 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
MKANET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 5,723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Is the PowerDVD 9 app still as gigantic in size as PowerDVD 8? I know PowerDVD 8 wastes way too much desktop space in Window mode with an unnecessary limit in it's ability to resize to a small enough window to fit nicely into a quadrant of your windows desktop. This is important for people who sometimes use PowerDVD to watch movies in a window while doing other stuff like web browsing.

The Reloaded addon allowed me to upgrade the ugly bulky PowerDVD player to a player that takes up less space on the screen and look nicer with skin support as well.... same as PowerDVD 7.x. Also, with the Reloaded addon, I could open up PowerDVD neatly in a window in the bottom right corner of my screen.

Another problem was the default PowerDVD 8 forced itself smack dab right in the middle of the screen; unlike all other Windows apps that remember last size and position saved.

Bottom line, is it possible to make PowerDVD 9 fit in a small window like the below picture and start up in the size and position?



Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
MKANET is offline  
post #194 of 2862 Old 03-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
jeffreydeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MN, USA
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just tried resizing PDVD9 on 1920x1080 desktop. I can only get it down to about 1000x600. Can't get it smaller further. I am using Vista.
jeffreydeng is offline  
post #195 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 02:10 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
MKANET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: NORCAL
Posts: 5,723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yeah, thats a bit too big. Desktop real estate is very precious especially for multitaskers and power users... even if its on a 1920x1080 display. On my 1920x1080 display, my PowerDVD 8 (with Reloaded mod) sits perfectly in the lower right quadrant at 962x515... any bigger and I wouldnt be able to fit my web browser or Outlook email on the left half of the screen with other apps open above it.

Does PDVD 9 at least save its size and position where it last was or are you forced to see it open up smack dab right in the middle of your desktop every time... having to reposition it manually? I have PDVD 8 open nicely in a window nicely in the right place (as shown in the picture above) ...and go full screen when I want to start to movie... or when switching from window mode to full screen (when doing things like replying to an important email or web browser lookup.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreydeng View Post

I just tried resizing PDVD9 on 1920x1080 desktop. I can only get it down to about 1000x600. Can't get it smaller further. I am using Vista.


Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
MKANET is offline  
post #196 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 04:18 AM
Member
 
Browser1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglx View Post

Anyone try MKV file?


Yap


just rename the mkv file to avi and drop it in

Make sure that you have also the haali media spliter intalled in your system.


There is a way also to load external subtitles ,like .srt .....

Big picture fun
Browser1 is offline  
post #197 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
jeffreydeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MN, USA
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKANET View Post

Does PDVD 9 at least save its size and position where it last was or are you forced to see it open up smack dab right in the middle of your desktop every time... having to reposition it manually?


Yes, it does start where it was closed last time and at the same size of last time it was running.
jeffreydeng is offline  
post #198 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Senior Member
 
vapore0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreydeng View Post

It doesn't seem to me that this question was answered. Now I upgraded PDVD8 to PDVD9 and am having the similiar issue. I can't play any DVD or BD inside the Media Center.

After installing PDVD9, PDVD9 icon appears in two places in the Media Center user interface. One is in the same stripe of TV + Movies and the other is in its own stripe. If I click either icon without iso movie in VCD, it displays the Cyberlink logo for a second and then Media Center user interface will be minimized. For those of you that PDVD9 works inside VMC, if you click the icon on the VMC UI, what happens?

If click a movie listed by My Movies, I am given choice to played with Media Center or PDVD. If I choose PDVD, the same thing happens - CYberlink logo is displayed for a second and Media Center UI will be minimized.

Using PDVD9 play SDVD and BD directly outside VMC works perfect.

Any clue about this?

By the way, I am using Vista 86 Ultimate and ATI 4670 video card.

I got that same problem. Runs fine outside VMC, but inside it just minimizes VMC and nothing.
Running Cinema mode outside of VMC causes the same thing. And if you select "Dont prompt anymore" you need to uninstall or reset the whole settings, as PDVD will now always start in cinema, which crashes the program every time.

Good thing I was just using a try out version.

Samsung LN46A650, Core 2 Duo E6400, HD4850, MSI 945P NEO3-F, 4GB PC2-6400, Harmony 659
vapore0n is offline  
post #199 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
jeffreydeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MN, USA
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vapore0n View Post

I got that same problem. Runs fine outside VMC, but inside it just minimizes VMC and nothing.
Running Cinema mode outside of VMC causes the same thing.

It is strange that this work for someone and doesn't work for someone. I actually did a clean installation of Vista and couldn't figure out how to get PDVD9 work inside VMC.

I really like that mode. Can anyone help us here in describing your system configuration, how you setup the system etc so that we can get it work?

Quote:


And if you select "Dont prompt anymore" you need to uninstall or reset the whole settings, as PDVD will now always start in cinema, which crashes the program every time.

You can actualy create a short cut from PowerDVD9.exe from Cyberlink\\Powerdvd9 folder and start from it directly even you are in cinema mode. The short cut generated automatically is from PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe.
jeffreydeng is offline  
post #200 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
jeffreydeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MN, USA
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreydeng View Post

It doesn't seem to me that this question was answered. Now I upgraded PDVD8 to PDVD9 and am having the similiar issue. I can't play any DVD or BD inside the Media Center.

After installing PDVD9, PDVD9 icon appears in two places in the Media Center user interface. One is in the same stripe of TV + Movies and the other is in its own stripe. If I click either icon without iso movie in VCD, it displays the Cyberlink logo for a second and then Media Center user interface will be minimized. For those of you that PDVD9 works inside VMC, if you click the icon on the VMC UI, what happens?

If click a movie listed by My Movies, I am given choice to played with Media Center or PDVD. If I choose PDVD, the same thing happens - CYberlink logo is displayed for a second and Media Center UI will be minimized.

Using PDVD9 play SDVD and BD directly outside VMC works perfect.

Any clue about this?

By the way, I am using Vista 86 Ultimate and ATI 4670 video card.

A little more information about my configuration. I don't have BD or DVD drive in HTPC. I load iso files from home server.

Is there anyone who loads iso files has Powerdvd 9 cinema mode working in Media Center?
jeffreydeng is offline  
post #201 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Member
 
Jdamore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tried three BD movies (killbill, irobot, waiting) and the keyboard shortcuts do NOT work while playing these.

They DO work while playing any SD dvd.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm using Girder to control it by sending Keyboard commands. Is there a better way other than keyboard shortcuts that someone is using?
Jdamore is offline  
post #202 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
JMGNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreydeng View Post

A little more information about my configuration. I don't have BD or DVD drive in HTPC. I load iso files from home server.

Is there anyone who loads iso files has Powerdvd 9 cinema mode working in Media Center?

Yes, .iso files load for me fine for both blu-ray and SD DVDs from Media Center using MyMovies. I'm using the latest version of VCD.

If I launch PowerDVD from the desktop I keep it in regular mode, not cinema. Cinema mode seems to have all sorts of problems. But, when launching from within Media Center it is it's own interface and not dependent on whether the desktop is configure to regular or cinema.
JMGNYC is offline  
post #203 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
jeffreydeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MN, USA
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGNYC View Post

Yes, .iso files load for me fine for both blu-ray and SD DVDs from Media Center using MyMovies. I'm using the latest version of VCD.

If I launch PowerDVD from the desktop I keep it in regular mode, not cinema. Cinema mode seems to have all sorts of problems. But, when launching from within Media Center it is it's own interface and not dependent on whether the desktop is configure to regular or cinema.

Thanks for the confirmation. I can't get the desktop cinema mode to open and I can't lunch it from inside the Media Center.

What version of MyMovies you are using? If you open My Movies Collection Management and click Configure-> Media Center INterface, In 'HD-DVD and Blu-ray intergration' what you can see there?

Do you also run PDVD8 along with PDVD9?
jeffreydeng is offline  
post #204 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
ctiq21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Is there anyway to turn off the movielive crap? I have disabled everything I see, but it is annoying to have it popup after watching a movie.
ctiq21 is offline  
post #205 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
JMGNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreydeng View Post

Thanks for the confirmation. I can't get the desktop cinema mode to open and I can't lunch it from inside the Media Center.

What version of MyMovies you are using? If you open My Movies Collection Management and click Configure-> Media Center INterface, In 'HD-DVD and Blu-ray intergration' what you can see there?

Do you also run PDVD8 along with PDVD9?

I'm using MyMovies 2.52. I have HD-DVD/Blu-Ray set off so no integration. I've also got auto-play for blu-ray and DVD set to PowerDVD 9. Try that and see what happens. Basically on minde VCD automatically mounts it and PowerDVD9 launches it's media center interface. You get a little flashing and then a screen with the regular VMC background and some zooming Cyberlink PowerDVD9 graphics and then either the movie or another menu if it needs you to set options.
JMGNYC is offline  
post #206 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
jeffreydeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MN, USA
Posts: 718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGNYC View Post

I'm using MyMovies 2.52. I have HD-DVD/Blu-Ray set off so no integration. I've also got auto-play for blu-ray and DVD set to PowerDVD 9. Try that and see what happens. Basically on minde VCD automatically mounts it and PowerDVD9 launches it's media center interface. You get a little flashing and then a screen with the regular VMC background and some zooming Cyberlink PowerDVD9 graphics and then either the movie or another menu if it needs you to set options.

The configuration is very similiar to yours. I also set the auto play for Blu-ray to PDVD9. This can be validated by manually mount a BD iso file using VCD and PDVD9 GUI starts loading BD.

In MCE, when I click play from MM collection, VCD auto mount it and I got the samething as you describe until the zooming CyberLink PowerDVD9 graphices. Then suddenly MCE UI is minimized. If I reopen MCE UI, it is back to the root UI. It is really annoying.
jeffreydeng is offline  
post #207 of 2862 Old 03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Member
 
Jdamore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdamore View Post

Tried three BD movies (killbill, irobot, waiting) and the keyboard shortcuts do NOT work while playing these.

They DO work while playing any SD dvd.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm using Girder to control it by sending Keyboard commands. Is there a better way other than keyboard shortcuts that someone is using?

I would like to give myself a big "RTFM"

In the Bluray Settings, disabling "BD-J Keyboard Support" was my solution.
Jdamore is offline  
post #208 of 2862 Old 03-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Member
 
spcav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
2.18 ATI HDMI Drivers Out

Let's see if they fix the audio issues (although I really doubt it – especially since the problems are there for Nvidia users also).
spcav is offline  
post #209 of 2862 Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 AM
Senior Member
 
mankhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
can anyone share experience as to comparing powerdvd 8 with 9 as far as blu-ray playback is concerned. Has cyberlink add any new feature from blu-ray playback point of view or just stupid BD live, kind of things have been enhanced instead of making picture enhancement while playing blu-ray.

Secondly i hear still powerdvd 9 use graphic card video acceleration when blu-ray is playedback and wondows vista goes from tranparent to basic. Is that correct. I dont understand that now-a-days almost every one has powerful PC then why still this non-sence.

May be i am wrong in undertsnaidng so some would like to explain.
mankhan is offline  
post #210 of 2862 Old 03-10-2009, 06:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Lawguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,706
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcav View Post

2.18 ATI HDMI Drivers Out

Let's see if they fix the audio issues (although I really doubt it - especially since the problems are there for Nvidia users also).


I'll try them tonight.

I hope they work because the audio drop outs ever minute or so are very annoying.

Affable Nitwit
Lawguy is online now  
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off