"Official" PowerDVD Ultra 9 Thread - Page 96 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2851 of 2862 Old 02-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the help... older 10.11's work.. I have my option back....

Also, I went back to old version of pdvd9 2528.... Don't have any lock ups now....

Amazing how you have to go back to make things work

Mike's attempt at a Theater

DIY motorized masking system

"Name?" Shropshire Slasher
"Occupation?" Shropshire Slasher
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 2862 Old 03-19-2011, 07:59 PM

Liked: 10
I've read a lot of PowerDVD 9 threads lately while beating the problem with bitstreaming hd-audio. But now somewhat similar problem arose.

Win7 x64
ATI HD 5770
Power DVD 9.0.2519.50 (oem version with samsung bluray-combo)
ATI Catalyst 11.1
ATI(not Realtek) HDMI driver from Cat 10.11 (the latest didn't do bitsteam)

The problem is that PowerDVD 9 just quits while loading blu-ray disk. And it does so only when ATI HDMI audio device is on. When reciever is turned off(making ATI HDMI turned off also) or I manualy turn ATI HDMI off as audio device, the disk loads without a problem.

Did anyone have the same problem?

Oh, and PowerDVD10 trial works ok.
post #2853 of 2862 Old 03-20-2011, 12:00 PM
LPT

yes I have a similar problem, ATI ASUS 5570, PWRDVD ULTRA 9,W732 ...have to load BR movie twice in PWRDVD startup before movie loads, not tried yet to find problem but I believe issue is in the PWRDVD version settings not the ATI card as i changed the card from a Display port version of the same card, I have the same software in my other HTPC and I dont have any issues with it... that is at the moment!
post #2854 of 2862 Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 AM
LPT

checked settings set Catalyst to 10.0 problem, the option in the PC audio settings, 'Non-Decoded dolby digital/DTS audio to External device' was not available which was why the PWRDVD settings (from right click) during movie playback was not giving any option in output mode other than 'PCM decode by PowerDvd' , went through settings again from which the output mode then gave me several options which I choose, 'Non-decoded high-Definition to external device'..... great! DTS HD MASTER came up so I thought I cracked it ...that was last night .. today the problem's back, Until I discovered that by clicking in and out the output mode of 'PCM decode'..... and 'Non- decoded'..... would bring back DTS HD MASTER! but if I come out of PWRDVD problem comes back?

anybody?
post #2855 of 2862 Old 05-07-2011, 02:24 AM

i upgraded my media center to W7 and went to install powerdvd 9 last night.

It keeps crashing. Does anyone have a copy of powerdvd9 floating about i can try reinstall ?

I tried to look on cyberlink website for a copy and could not find one........ might have to log service request.
post #2856 of 2862 Old 12-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Anybody still use this

I keep tweeking my theater comp and have fallen for XBMC for the moment. I still use PDVD9 because it still works with everything just as long as slysoft keeps updating AnyDVD HD.
My problem is that after I mount an iso with virtual clone drive, PDVD9 pops up like its supposed to and then it will always say that it doesnt support the file format. I can then click play again and then AnyDVD reads it again and then it plays fine.

I was thinking that I was stuck in file mode or something but I don't seem to be able to make any change there anyway. Was working a few months ago but I don't know when it started doing this. Never was a big issue, and it still isnt, but with running XBMC it would sure make it a lot easier if it just played like it was supposed to. This isn't an XBMC problem, it does it with or without running withing XBMC.

Well, just curious if anybody had this happen to them.

Merry Christmas

Mike's attempt at a Theater

DIY motorized masking system

"Name?" Shropshire Slasher
"Occupation?" Shropshire Slasher
post #2857 of 2862 Old 01-06-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Just wanted to post here that Cyberlink has stopped issuing blu-ray compatibility updates for versions 7, 8, and 9. That's pretty lame.

Does anyone have a suggestion for another blu-ray playback software? I'd like WMC integration.
post #2858 of 2862 Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have searched this thread a bit but can't get a concensus on whether this problem has been solved, or whether its just a problem that I have. When watching my blu ray backups via iso files, my receiver only receives a 2 channel signal via hdmi on 16bit lpcm tracks. 24bit tracks (ie the first pirates of the carribean movie etc.) are fine, showing the full multi channel signal, as are dolby true hd and dts ma (bitstreamed). Is this a bug? Is there any way to get multi channel lpcm on 16bit tracks?

edit: I have verified that this issue not only pertains to my backups but the original blu ray disc also. Even though i don't own many discs w/lpcm, this seems like a fairly considerable bug.
post #2859 of 2862 Old 04-15-2012, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
It's not a bug. When the track is 48/16 it's not being sent using exclusive mode to bypass the windows audio settings. This means whatever you have windows set to (2 channel by chance lol) will be used. 48/24 or higher use exclusive mode to bypass windows audio settings so it'll match the source. Sadly this seems to be by design.

P.s. I didn't make it very clear but you should set windows audio settings to match the source when watching 48/16 tracks.
post #2860 of 2862 Old 04-15-2012, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
ok, so I go into my windows audio settings and choose multi ch there? thanks
post #2861 of 2862 Old 04-15-2012, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Yup, set your speakers to 5.1 or 7.1 depending on your setup and the source material.
post #2862 of 2862 Old 04-16-2012, 08:08 PM

running powerdvd 9 running to onkyo 805 receiver, bluray playback freezes and skips video and audio. version that came with player. should i up upgrade or should this version support what I'm trying to do.

thx
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page