*Official* Asus XONAR HDAV Slim Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 3195 Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
xgecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post

Actually, let us know when the container is past the Somali coast.

- Rich

But surely the US Navy will dispatch a fleet to protect such a valuable cargo!!!


"But it's just a flesh wound!"
xgecko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 3195 Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dodgexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nr Brighton, England.
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I wouldnt trust the US army!

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
Goldeneye
Dodgexander is offline  
post #273 of 3195 Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 AM
 
cybrsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 8,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgecko View Post

But surely the US Navy will dispatch a fleet to protect such a valuable cargo!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgexander View Post

I wouldnt trust the US army!


I would not trust ANY army to operate a fleet of naval vessels...

cybrsage is offline  
post #274 of 3195 Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Toe Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Taipei
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by myAV View Post

Asus Xonar Slim mini review.

- Athlon X2 6000+ 3.0GHz
- ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 motherboard
- Kingston DDR2-800 4GB
- ATI 4650 graphics card
- Pioneer BDR-202BK BD drive
- Furukawa HDMI cables
- Windows Vista ultimate SP1 32-bit with latest updates
- Arcsoft TMT3 platimum
- Xonar Slim card ( Driver version PCI-HDAVslim-090123-8.17.63(Vista3264)
- Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver
- Optoma 1080/24p DLP projector
- Benq 1080/24p LCD

I am also beta testing this card. Here is my setup:

- Gigabyte EP35-DS3P motherboard
- Intel e6600 2.4Ghz
- MSI ATI 4830 graphics card
- Pioneer BD drive
- Windows XP SP2
- TMT3
- AnyDVD HD 6.5.4.4
- Onkyo TX-SR606 (North America version)
- Sony AW-15 720p
- Usher x718 x616II s520 SW-103 5.1 speakers

I can confirm MyAV's positive experiences. All I can add is, I get the True HD and DTS ma, from both physical BD discs and backup folders.
Toe Tag is offline  
post #275 of 3195 Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Tag View Post

I am also beta testing this card. Here is my setup:

- Gigabyte EP35-DS3P motherboard
- Intel e6600 2.4Ghz
- MSI ATI 4830 graphics card
- Pioneer BD drive
- Windows XP SP2
- TMT3
- AnyDVD HD 6.5.4.4
- Onkyo TX-SR606 (North America version)
- Sony AW-15 720p
- Usher x718 x616II s520 SW-103 5.1 speakers

I can confirm MyAV's positive experiences. All I can add is, I get the True HD and DTS ma, from both physical BD discs and backup folders.

Toe Tag,
Does your NDA allow you to disclose when the beta testing will conclude and the cards will be cleared for shipment? Do they need an American beta testerand if so I volentire and will even pay for the card?
William is offline  
post #276 of 3195 Old 05-07-2009, 01:29 PM
 
cybrsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 8,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Tag View Post

I am also beta testing this card. Here is my setup:

- Gigabyte EP35-DS3P motherboard
- Intel e6600 2.4Ghz
- MSI ATI 4830 graphics card
- Pioneer BD drive
- Windows XP SP2
- TMT3
- AnyDVD HD 6.5.4.4
- Onkyo TX-SR606 (North America version)
- Sony AW-15 720p
- Usher x718 x616II s520 SW-103 5.1 speakers

I can confirm MyAV's positive experiences. All I can add is, I get the True HD and DTS ma, from both physical BD discs and backup folders.

Make sure you test with ISOs as well. I am sure there will not be a problem, since an ISO appears to be a physical disk when loaded in an emulator...but you can never really be sure.
cybrsage is offline  
post #277 of 3195 Old 05-07-2009, 02:49 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Davinleeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,410
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Tag View Post

I am also beta testing this card. Here is my setup:

- Gigabyte EP35-DS3P motherboard
- Intel e6600 2.4Ghz
- MSI ATI 4830 graphics card
- Pioneer BD drive
- Windows XP SP2
- TMT3
- AnyDVD HD 6.5.4.4
- Onkyo TX-SR606 (North America version)
- Sony AW-15 720p
- Usher x718 x616II s520 SW-103 5.1 speakers

I can confirm MyAV's positive experiences. All I can add is, I get the True HD and DTS ma, from both physical BD discs and backup folders.

Any reason you don't have SP3 for XP? Thanks

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
Davinleeds is offline  
post #278 of 3195 Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dodgexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nr Brighton, England.
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

I would not trust ANY army to operate a fleet of naval vessels...


lol, must of been tired

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
Goldeneye
Dodgexander is offline  
post #279 of 3195 Old 05-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Senior Member
 
myAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Tag View Post

I am also beta testing this card. Here is my setup:

- Gigabyte EP35-DS3P motherboard
- Intel e6600 2.4Ghz
- MSI ATI 4830 graphics card
- Pioneer BD drive
- Windows XP SP2
- TMT3
- AnyDVD HD 6.5.4.4
- Onkyo TX-SR606 (North America version)
- Sony AW-15 720p
- Usher x718 x616II s520 SW-103 5.1 speakers

I can confirm MyAV's positive experiences. All I can add is, I get the True HD and DTS ma, from both physical BD discs and backup folders.

Welcome to the thread, and glad to see you posting here. I will probably receive another card today, hopefully I may be able to post the testing results tomorrow.
myAV is offline  
post #280 of 3195 Old 05-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Toe Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Taipei
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
@William I don't actually know about that stuff, I would defer to myAV who is better connected with ASUS.

@cybrsage Good idea, I will create both protected and unprotected .iso images of a BD and try handing them to TMT3, either directly or via daemon tools. This whole area of handling BD backups is one in which I expect TMT to excel over PDVD.

@Davinleeds Just want to test all options! Actually, I've been lazy, been meaning to put on SP3 or just re-install XP. Will advise. Now, if you ask me if there is a reason I'm not running Vista or Windows 7...

@myAV I remember a while back there were questions about VMC (Vista Media Center) integration, I see you are on Vista, wonder if you can test that.

My PJ is only 720p, but it accepts 1080p/24 input so I will try testing that too.

I would add that the setup is pretty simple. I ran a short DVI to HDMI cable out of my graphics card and into the Xonar card, then an HDMI cable out of the Xonar into the amp, then another HDMI cable out of the amp into the projector. For software I installed the Xonar driver and TMT. There were like 1 or 2 things to set in the software and I was done. I also played some .mkv files through MPC and some music through iTunes with no problems. I didn't test PDVD but anyway that won't be able to deliver the HD audio.
Toe Tag is offline  
post #281 of 3195 Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by myAV View Post

Welcome to the thread, and glad to see you posting here. I will probably receive another card today, hopefully I may be able to post the testing results tomorrow.

Looks like you (or someone) found a hardware bug in the last run of cards.

Starting to sound like it may be a couple more months before we see the card in the US (I'm guessing full scale production only takes a week or so). I can understand Asus reluctance to produce and ship a card until that has't been thoroughly tested after the 24fps and other problems with the original but I want it yesterday.

Hopefully the latest run of cards will test out and won't need any more time costly redesign and retool delays.
William is offline  
post #282 of 3195 Old 05-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dodgexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nr Brighton, England.
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

Looks like you (or someone) found a hardware bug in the last run of cards.

Starting to sound like it may be a couple more months before we see the card in the US (I'm guessing full scale production only takes a week or so). I can understand Asus reluctance to produce and ship a card until that has't been thoroughly tested after the 24fps and other problems with the original but I want it yesterday.

Hopefully the latest run of cards will test out and won't need any more time costly redesign and retool delays.

Was the 24fps actually a problem? I thought it wasnt advertised and therefore not included!

Me, well I'm hoping the cards will be released in Europe before the US again

So far no pre-orders are available.

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
Goldeneye
Dodgexander is offline  
post #283 of 3195 Old 05-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Senior Member
 
myAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

Looks like you (or someone) found a hardware bug in the last run of cards.

Starting to sound like it may be a couple more months before we see the card in the US (I'm guessing full scale production only takes a week or so). I can understand Asus reluctance to produce and ship a card until that has't been thoroughly tested after the 24fps and other problems with the original but I want it yesterday.

Hopefully the latest run of cards will test out and won't need any more time costly redesign and retool delays.

I can assure you that this card is 100% bug free. I inatalled the first card in my vista machine and the second one is for the XP that I built not long ago. This way I don't have to uninstall the card whenever I want to use XP.

Asus learnt a lesson by realeasing a half working card (HDAV 1.3 deluxe)last year.So it is plain obivious that, they don't want to repeat the same error here again. The PM doesn't give me a clear answer when I asked about the delay but he said that the card would be released this month. Hope you understand.
myAV is offline  
post #284 of 3195 Old 05-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Member
 
chijl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by myAV View Post

I can assure you that this card is 100% bug free. I inatalled the first card in my vista machine and the second one is for the XP that I built not long ago. This way I don't have to uninstall the card whenever I want to use XP.

Asus learnt a lesson by realeasing a half working card (HDAV 1.3 deluxe)last year.So it is plain obivious that, they don't want to repeat the same error here again. The PM doesn't give me a clear answer when I asked about the delay but he said that the card would be released this month. Hope you understand.

tell me, myav, is asus considering deluxe version of this slim model?
coz if both hdav 1.3 standard and deluxe function like rubber gun, wouldn't asus consider revised products to replace this two?

slim is purely htpc focused- can tell by its design to remove rear mic-in, i am not even sure if there is 2nd card out there which dares to do so

so how about people ie like myself, require full function of a card that's happened to support the next generation tech in a proper desktop platform, not just a machine that stays in lounge room

and when will both hdav 1.3 standard and deluxe fade out? until they sold out? and are they still in production?
chijl is offline  
post #285 of 3195 Old 05-09-2009, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by chijl View Post

tell me, myav, is asus considering deluxe version of this slim model?
coz if both hdav 1.3 standard and deluxe function like rubber gun, wouldn't asus consider revised products to replace this two?

slim is purely htpc focused- can tell by its design to remove rear mic-in, i am not even sure if there is 2nd card out there which dares to do so

so how about people ie like myself, require full function of a card that's happened to support the next generation tech in a proper desktop platform, not just a machine that stays in lounge room

and when will both hdav 1.3 standard and deluxe fade out? until they sold out? and are they still in production?

What would be included in "your" version of a deluxe model? If you want stuff like Splendid or other processing I hope not. If you are talking about analog outs that is a fading market that will all but dry up in then next couple of years (sales (or lack of) ratio of the current 1.3 daughter card to main card probably support this already) and not likely worth developing for.

I would think that the next "deluxe" card will support both HDMI video and HD audio eliminating the need for 2 cards with the out of the PC loop for the video.
William is offline  
post #286 of 3195 Old 05-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Member
 
chijl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

What would be included in "your" version of a deluxe model? If you want stuff like Splendid or other processing I hope not. If you are talking about analog outs that is a fading market that will all but dry up in then next couple of years (sales (or lack of) ratio of the current 1.3 daughter card to main card probably support this already) and not likely worth developing for.

I would think that the next "deluxe" card will support both HDMI video and HD audio eliminating the need for 2 cards with the out of the PC loop for the video.

i've read in somewhere saying current digital transmittion (that's optical and coaxial) is only capable of carrying 5.1 channel data (that's 6 channels) and any more than that (ie 7.1), will have to be done by analog via few seperate cables- all this, i am not sure if it's true, but creative 7.1 speakers seem only doing analog input

although capacity of digital transmittion will continue to evolve (if what's stated above is true), it wouldn't hurt to keep analog output on a card, like buying an insurance for future

if you are asking my ideal card, a seperate, non shared mic-in/spdif-in is a must, don't make the same mistake as D2/X, to share with one of analog? whatta joke, just keep switching the plugs?
i got a sony mic plugged in all the time, i don't want to unplug and plug everytime i gonna use it, just because it doesn't have an input at the back.
this goody can stay, and i don't need a card that ruin the streamline design of antec sonata (case i got) if i have to leave the mic connected via the front of case

so analog output (just for assurance, in case of upgrade to 7.1 later) + rear mic in. not too much to ask you think?
chijl is offline  
post #287 of 3195 Old 05-09-2009, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by chijl View Post

i've read in somewhere saying current digital transmittion (that's optical and coaxial) is only capable of carrying 5.1 channel data (that's 6 channels) and any more than that (ie 7.1), will have to be done by analog via few seperate cables- all this, i am not sure if it's true, but creative 7.1 speakers seem only doing analog input


so analog output (just for assurance, in case of upgrade to 7.1 later) + rear mic in. not too much to ask you think?

The Slim doesn't have or use S/PDIF support. If all you want is lossy S/PDIF and analog multi-channel with mic input then there are many cards to fit the bill. Almost all MBs have S/PDIF/analog/mic support built in. The Slim is about lossless HD audio codecs (from BD) mixed with video through HDMI.

You are differently looking at the wrong card for what you want.
William is offline  
post #288 of 3195 Old 05-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Member
 
me01chanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Adrift in the bitstream
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

I would think that the next "deluxe" card will support both HDMI video and HD audio eliminating the need for 2 cards with the out of the PC loop for the video.

I'd love to see Asus combine an HD3450 or better GPU + Xonar audio on a single half-height passively cooled PCI-e x16 card! Of course, driver support might end up being a PITA... maybe a special edition motherboard which eschews Realtek onboard audio for Xonar HDAV?

Samsung LN46B630 || BioStar TA790GX XE || AMD X2 5050e AM2 || Corsair XMS 2x2 GB DDR2 800 || Sapphire ATI HD4550 512MB || Asus Xonar D1 || LG Blu-ray/HD-DVD GGC-H20L
me01chanl is offline  
post #289 of 3195 Old 05-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Member
 
homethx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: uk
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

The Slim doesn't have or use S/PDIF support. If all you want is lossy S/PDIF and analog multi-channel with mic input then there are many cards to fit the bill. Almost all MBs have S/PDIF/analog/mic support built in. The Slim is about lossless HD audio codecs (from BD) mixed with video through HDMI.

You are differently looking at the wrong card for what you want.

So whats the S/PDIF out on the card for then ?
homethx is offline  
post #290 of 3195 Old 05-10-2009, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by homethx View Post

So whats the S/PDIF out on the card for then ?

As a legacy backup in case of some type of file/software player with HDMI audio incompatibility. Anyone who buys a HDMI HD audio card and pays >$150 for S/PFDIF only audio card when S/PDIF (and analog) is almost always standard on MBs and can be had for <$10.00 has rocks in their head.
William is offline  
post #291 of 3195 Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
Dodgexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nr Brighton, England.
Posts: 855
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

As a legacy backup in case of some type of file/software player with HDMI audio incompatibility. Anyone who buys a HDMI HD audio card and pays >$150 for S/PFDIF only audio card when S/PDIF (and analog) is almost always standard on MBs and can be had for <$10.00 has rocks in their head.

Apart from the Xonar HDAV Deluxe which is the only analogue solution for non-downsampled HD Audio..

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
Goldeneye
Dodgexander is offline  
post #292 of 3195 Old 05-10-2009, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark_A_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post

As a legacy backup in case of some type of file/software player with HDMI audio incompatibility. Anyone who buys a HDMI HD audio card and pays >$150 for S/PFDIF only audio card when S/PDIF (and analog) is almost always standard on MBs and can be had for <$10.00 has rocks in their head.

MB sound? You must be joking.


I bought the Xonar Deluxe for the 8 x Analogue Outs - and I remux to MKV (PAP is irrelevant). Came with this useless and annoying HDMI stuff too.

I wanted it for the Analogue section, which is very nice, thank you.

Loving my Electric Bike!!
Mark_A_W is offline  
post #293 of 3195 Old 05-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Member
 
suave2978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: joliette,Canada
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok let's not start a fight here but 98% of people who want to play blu-ray movie used the ''annoying hdmi''. Id rather use one cable for video and sound then one dvi cable and 8 analog cable.
suave2978 is offline  
post #294 of 3195 Old 05-10-2009, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mark_A_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 8,110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
DVI cable? Try 5 runs of Coax (RGBHV).

Loving my Electric Bike!!
Mark_A_W is offline  
post #295 of 3195 Old 05-11-2009, 01:24 AM
Senior Member
 
myAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I always wanted to post a more detailed review of the card, but the heavy work schedule always prevented me from doing so. Last week I had a short break and played further with the Slim which was received two days ago for the second time. Except for the receiver I used the same system, the one I used to test the Slim earlier. This time I used Integra DTC 9.8 as Pre/Pro.

Equipment list

- Athlon X2 6000+ 3.0GHz
- ASUS M3N-H/HDMI GeForce 8300 motherboard
- Kingston DDR2-800 4GB
- ATI 4650 graphics card
- Pioneer BDR-202BK BD drive
- Furukawa HDMI cables
- Windows Vista ultimate and XP with latest updates
- Arcsoft TMT3 platimum
- Xonar Slim card
- Integra DTC 9.8 Pre/Pro
- Optoma 1080/24p DLP projector
- Benq 1080/24p LCD

The Connection

ATI 4650 >Slim HDMI IN > Slim HDMI OUT > DTC 9.8 HDMI IN /OUT > Optoma HD 81
The Slim is a PCI card (5.5" length and 2.0" height) and comes with a low profile card bracket and other accessories. Although the slim HDAV center is almost the same as the original HDAV 1.3 deluxe, there are no analogue connections and only one SPDIF OUT and HDMI IN /OUT included. Software and hardware installation is straightforward and went fine. I used a few BD discs, BDMV folders and BD ISOs for playback.

DTS-HD MA ok
Dolby TrueHD ok
LPCM via HDMI ok
DD- DTS tracks via HDMI ok
SPDIF working fine (but can't output audio signals when HDMI is engaged)
1080/24p pass-through ok
BDMV Folder playback ok
BD ISO playback ok
VMC integration ok
Works fine with other players like MPC,KMP etc.
HDDVD playback ok, but can't bitstream DD+ tracks

No complaints here at all.
myAV is offline  
post #296 of 3195 Old 05-11-2009, 01:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AngelEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 1,037
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks myAV,

About VMC integation, I haven't kept up to date on this but thought TMT3 did not work correctly with VMC as it does in TMT2? Is there an update available?

Thanks,

Adam
AngelEyes is offline  
post #297 of 3195 Old 05-11-2009, 01:34 AM
Member
 
GoodToGo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This card sounds like a real winner (no pun intended). Just hope Asus doesn't Auzentech us or something.
GoodToGo1 is offline  
post #298 of 3195 Old 05-11-2009, 02:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Toe Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Taipei
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post

Thanks myAV,

About VMC integation, I haven't kept up to date on this but thought TMT3 did not work correctly with VMC as it does in TMT2? Is there an update available?

Thanks,

Adam

I run XP so I can't test VMC, but I think MyAV may be able to comment on this Vista question. Also I believe there is some discussion above that the -SLIM ships with TMT2. And that for a certain sum you can upgrade TMT2 to TMT3. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Toe Tag is offline  
post #299 of 3195 Old 05-11-2009, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Lawguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I hope that Asus is taking these extra few weeks and working on drivers. Hopefully these better drivers will have real Windows 7 support and will be available for the standard height version of the card as well.

Affable Nitwit
Lawguy is offline  
post #300 of 3195 Old 05-11-2009, 05:14 AM
 
cybrsage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 8,074
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes View Post

Thanks myAV,

About VMC integation, I haven't kept up to date on this but thought TMT3 did not work correctly with VMC as it does in TMT2? Is there an update available?

Thanks,

Adam

I run TMT3 (but not the HDAV yet) and it integrates with VMC nicely. It also integrates with MediaBrowser without any problems.

It just does it in a native Vista window, instead of launching an external application like it did with TMT2.
cybrsage is offline  
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off