Originally Posted by dan.pool
If I get a chance, I'll try and check tonight ...
So not even close, I've finally managed to grab some time to sit down and look at this. Config is as follows:
In the options menu set the following.Playback -> Output
DirectShow Video - I found I had to set this to VMR7 renderless rather than VRM9 or EVR. This was because I use XBMC
as a media centre. The other outputs didn't produce a picture when launching MPC-HC from within XBMC. If you aren't doing the same thing, then you will likely have more options here.Internal Filters
I unchecked Matroska and ogg as source filters
I also unchecked the following transform filters:
- MPEG-1 Video
- MPEG-2 Video
- H264/AVC (DXVA)
- H264/AVC (ffmpeg)
- Xvid MPEG-4
- MS MPEG-4
I have in the following order:
ffdshow video codec config
- Haali Media Spliter (set prefer but currently deactivated, Haali doesn't seem to work with blu-ray when I was trying to configure this, if I remember rightly it wouldn't split out the TrueHD sound track ... you'd be OK if you wanted to listen to a different AC3 track)
- ffdshow audio decoder (set prefer)
- CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD7.x) (set prefer)
- ffdshow Video Decoder (set prefer)
- Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder (set merit 00500000)
- CyberLink Video/SP Decoder (set block)
Double click either video filter to set, I've disabled all formats where I don't want ffdshow upscaling, such as:
- Other MPEG-4
Also, make sure that you haven't got raw enabled, otherwise this will just push everything through ffdshow.
That should be everything for playback, however as I mentioned there are still issues. Right now, I've put blu-ray to the back of my todo list so I'm not really actively looking into this anymore. You could try experimenting with different splitters or even the latest SVN versions of MPC-HC or Haali. Let me know if you have any luck.
Originally Posted by jong1
Remuxing into mkv, transcoding HD audio to FLAC, is still the surest way to get good playback.
As Jong says, this is probably the most reliable way to playback blu-ray at the moment, but requires HDD space and time to transcode.
Hope that helps more,