HDMI S3 resume trouble. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My HTPC is connected to a Denon 2809 via HDMI from a Asus Xonar 1.3 to a HDMI connected TV, when I put the pc to sleep the pc wakes but the TV just stays blank so I have to do a hard restart, when I was running optical out, and VGA in to the TV, I never has this problem.

I am guessing this is a Handshake HDMI issue? is there a workaround for this? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
sounds like an EDID issue. PC's need EDID data to keep the video feed alive, so if your receiver/tv shut off the PC is no longer getting the data and shuts down.

The easiest method I have found, though not the cheapest is the DVI Detective plus: http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=4715

it supports HDMI audio pass through as well, though its DVI on both ends, you just need to use a HMDI to DVI cable and it'll still pass through the audio.

- Josh
post #3 of 7 Old 04-10-2009, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Wow sounds promising, but is a little exspensive, I live in Australia and conversion rate suxs, but I dont mind spending if I know its going to work.

Ok I am connected to my Asus Xonar1.3 via DVI to HDMI cable, then HDMI to receiver, and receiver to TV is HDMI.

Wouls it work if its connected between my pc and the Xonar? or does it have to be between the TV and Receiver? because if thats the case it would have to be HDMI.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVHEAD View Post

Wow sounds promising, but is a little exspensive, I live in Australia and conversion rate suxs, but I dont mind spending if I know its going to work.

Ok I am connected to my Asus Xonar1.3 via DVI to HDMI cable, then HDMI to receiver, and receiver to TV is HDMI.

Wouls it work if its connected between my pc and the Xonar? or does it have to be between the TV and Receiver? because if thats the case it would have to be HDMI.

It'll actually go between the last cable off of the pc, the receiver.

but no it wouldn't have to be hmdi, hdmi is DVI and visa verse. you just need to have a dvi to hdmi cable for this box and your good to go.

- Josh
post #5 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Ok I will see how it goes I think I found a work around, setting my Receiver from Auto detect to HDMI default. I just cant use Optical anymore, I am sure that doesnt matter. If my system doesnt prove to be reliable like this I will try the Edid Device, thanks for the advice mate, its been a long weekend trying everything .
post #6 of 7 Old 04-11-2009, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

post #7 of 7 Old 04-20-2009, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Still working like a treat with My denon settings , Auto off HDMI manual. S3 resume bliss.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page