Anyone know how to contact Creative's software developers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-02-2002, 11:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I admit it, I like my Soundblaster Audigy Platinum. I use my computer as much for gaming as for playing dvd's (especially considering that I also have an ATI 8500, it's going to be a while b4 my PC is really ready for HTPC duties).

Overall, I'm not displeased with the Audigy. HOwever, the software they ship with it IS lame. First, it's not at all integrated. Instead, it's a bunch of separate applications, which are inconsistent and poorly designed. What really bugs me is that Creative doesn't allow me to properly set the sound levels of each of my speakers. THey have this lame X-Y axis fade control, plus volume settings for main, Center and Sub.

Rather than a crude fade control, I'm looking for something actually useful, like this (scroll down to the second picture):

http://www4.tomshardware.com/video/0...rratec-02.html

There is no place on Creative's site for John Q. Public to submit feedback. I fought through their phone tech support and got to a technician who honestly admitted that Creative doesn't really care or want input from it's customers. But I thought perhaps someone might know of a way to get this input to a developer at Creative? For pete's sake, I have the number to Hewlette Packard's president, and have gotten them to act on a phone call. There's got to be a way to get through to someone at Creative who give's a rat's hiney.

Any info on this would be helpful & much appreciated.
Closed Thread Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page