ATI Catalyst multi monitor - no monitors enabled, no way to get a picture!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is my problem... it's REALLY frustrating when it happens, one of those problems that makes my wife say "why don't we just get a rTIVO and a regular Blu-Ray player?!!?!?!?!"

My setup:
Gigabyte 780g motherboard
athlon 4850e
radeon 3870 video card
AverMedia hybird tuner
etc etc etc

I have 3 monitors hooked up. 2 via HDMI (one on the onboard HDMI and one via the ATI adapter on the graphics card) and one VGA (old LCD that is on the VGA port on the mobo). I have not been able to make this problem re-occur reliably, which is what frustrates me... but it seems like it happens when it's been a couple days since I used the PC. Maybe from waking up on it's own to record and going back to sleep? I can hit a button on the keyboard to wake it up, and it wakes up fine but there is no picture! sometimes the green light is lit on the LCD like it's getting a signal but it's just a black screen. neither of the other 2 monitors are getting a signal. NOTHING will turn any monitor back on! not the keyboard shortcuts, not the EventGhost events that trigger a desktop shortcut, NOTHING!!!! The only way is to restart the computer and that doesn't work when I'm recording a show and trying to join in progress.

I think it has something to do with ATI Catalyst needing to restart. There is a shortcut on the start menu called "restart runtime" and maybe I need to add a button on my remote to do that? Any suggestions are more than welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anybody???