AVS Forum banner

Avivo video settings not consistent in AMD CCC

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  fullerms 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have noticed that the Avivo video settings are not consistent across reboots. I am facing problems with deinterlacing options and pixel colour format.

Sometimes I see quite a few options like vector adaptive under basic video quality, and sometimes bob and weave are the only options.

Pixel colour format defaults to full pc standard even if I set it to studio limited standard.

My setup is a Radeon 4870card connected to a panasonic plasma over HDMI and a Dell monitor connected over Dvi . I face this issue on xp, vista and even win 7 Rc1. Problem exists across multiple catalyst versions.

Is there a way to make sure these settings are saved across reboots? Can I get rid of ccc and use any other software?

#2 ·
#5 ·
Im using extended mode. Switched off aero on Win7 as advised in one of the earleir replies, no effect.

Applied the ATI HD tweak (in Win7 x86) and rebooted the PC. On starting CCC, the advanced deinterlacing options appeared for just a moment before disappearing. All I have now is Bob and Weave. No denoise option either. Checked the registry, the keys are still there.

Im suspecting that CCC is breaking these options. Ideas anyone? Im on Catalyst 9.4 at the moment. Even tried the latest WHQL drivers also without success.

#6 ·
Update:

Guys I think I found the root cause. Downclocking!. I was using ATI Tray tools to downclock my 4870 1Gb card to 160 Mhz Core / 225 Mhz Mem clocks @ 1.083 volts. The advanced deinterlacing and denoise options were never available.

I disabled ATI Tray tools on a hunch, restored my card to default clocks and the options reappeared! After some experimentation, settled on a sweet spot of 500 Mhz for Core and Mem clocks @ 1.143 Volts. Downclocking in 2D modes kept my rig cool and saved on power consumption too

OS is Vista 32 bit with Cat 9.4

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.