Asus P5Q-EM playback issues through receiver - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-12-2009, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

I recently built a new HTPC and have most of the basics up and running with one exception.

I have dug through pages and pages on the forums and have read about the issue that I am having but have not come across a solution. My apologies if this is a repeat question (which I am sure it is), but I just can't seem to locate what I am looking for.

So - the problem. When I try to play a retail Blu-Ray disc I seem to be having an HDCP issue. This is eliminated if I take my receiver out of the equation however by hooking my HTPC directly to my TV.

If I run the BD Advisor program that comes with the drive, when I have my HTPC connected via HDMI to my receiver it reports that the signal is digital (without HDCP). When connected directed to TV, this light goes green and BD play without issue. So, to me, the issue clearly lies in adding the receiver to the mix. I read some people referring to this as HDMI in "repeater" mode out of this board, reporting the same issue, but that was back in '07 - any change since then?

Everything that I have read states that this receiver is HDCP compliant, Yamaha tech support claims this as well.

I really would rather not run the HDMI directly to TV just to get BD playback as it is not the primary use of this machine.

My setup:

Yamaha RX-V665
Sony 46Z4100
Asus P5Q-EM
LG Model GGC-H20L Blu-Ray/HD-DVD combo drive
Intel Q8200
4 GB Crucial
550W Corsair PSU
Antec Remote Fusion Case
Logitech Harmony 880

Thanks for any advice and my apologies again if this is a stupid question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-12-2009, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 147
If you can still modify the thread title, change "receiver" to "Yamaha RX-V665", that way people who have that AVR will be more likely to will click on the link.

I have no HDCP issues with this mobo connected to a Denon 3808CI. Have you updated to the latest BIOS? There could be a problem with older versions, I am not sure.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page