Who streams 1080p via Coax? (MoCa) - Page 5 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 122 Old 09-08-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Ok- I know this thread is old but I'm looking for help (again). Comcast was here the other day and I dont know what he did but my NIM100's are no longer getting internet/connectivity. I even put a new diplexer in to see if that helped and it didn't. Only the power light remains lit. Very frustrated and I can't call Comcast and have them correct it since it's not their 'service'. Really aggravated.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 122 Old 01-09-2015, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Not sure if this is a MoCA issue, FiOS or Router issue. I am at a loss at what to try next so any help would be greatly appreciated. My networked home theatre receiver loses connection to internet/IP address every 1 -2 minutes. It has happened with two different receivers now. Denon AV Receiver (E400) would drop it's network connection (Ethernet) when streaming music (internet radio, Pandora, and Apple AIrplay from my Laptop). Verizon remotely checked the network and everythign seems to be fine. I am going to try to give all the specifics. The last time I remembered it work flawlessly was before I upgraded to Quantum TV with new router earlier this year. Prior to Quantum TV router upgrade it was the original router that comes with Fios. Originally the Denon AVR was connected to the network using an Apple Airport Express, connecting wirelessly to the network. When the dropouts started happening I connected it via ethernet. Same issue. After about a minute or two, it would lose connection. At that point I was creating my wireless network with Apple Airport Extreme (Verizon Wireless disabled). Reset router, reset wireless. Issue still happening. Ordered new FiOS Quantum Gateway Router. Created wireless network using Gateway router and disabled all Apple wireless Airports. Worked briefly, was able to stream music via internet radio for about 11 hrs or so. Then issue happens again. Thought it may be the Denon AVR at that point. Reset it back to factory spec and reset it's network card. Issue still happening. Frustrated I went out and bought a new receiver, Yamaha RX-A740 which has both wired and wifi built in. Issue still happening via it's wireless and ethernet connection. Also have to note that the network dropout occurs on both receivers when I stream music using Apple Airplay via my laptop. I have an Apple TV connected to the receiver and I am able to play internet radio and iTunes Radio without network losing connection but that is connecting to the network using it's own wireless. Verizon Tech support is at a loss because remotely the network is fine. They said they would charge for a tech to come out because it seems like a 3rd party (receiver issue). Of course it is happening with old and brand new receiver. I have called Denon support and they suggested setting firewall to accept inbound and outbound requests. Verizon disagreed with that. Denon support also suggested opening ports but one Verizon tech I spoke to said that it shouldn't matter because opening ports would be similar to remotely checking a webcam or accessing a device on your network remotely. Have an email into Yamaha support and have posted on numerous forums. I am at a loss and I know this has worked before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home Theater Computers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page