Wake from stand-by via remote? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I discovered EventGhost yesterday morning and I absolutely love it! I spent several hours figuring out the program and I've whipped up an incredibly handy config file for all my HTPC apps. However, the final step is getting my remote to wake my HTPC from stand-by. I'm using an Anyware GP-IR02BK remote and a Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H mobo. I adjusted the registry (as mentioned here) so it no longer automatically elicits Windows Media Center actions. However, by obliterating its previous WMC functionality, I've lost the ability to wake my PC from stand-by. I created an EventGhost command to put my computer into sleep when I hold the power button for 2 seconds, but the program obviously can't run while the computer is sleeping. Is there any way to get the remote to wake my computer from sleep mode again without restoring the rest of the WMC actions?

I know you can enable the ability to wake from stand by selecting it in the Power Management tab under the remote's properties in the Device Manager. However, when I go there, the remote doesn't have a Power Management tab. Curiously, my mouse and keyboard don't wake the computer either so I have to press the power button on the case.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: another problem - every time I reboot my computer my registry edits seem to revert so my remote launches WMC again. Despite the above linked article, maybe the remote replacement driver is a better option?

EDIT2: I just located another entry for the remote in the Device Manager. This one is under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and is called "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)." This entry does have a Power Management tab but "Allow this device to wake the computer" has already been checked. Hm...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-05-2009, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

It appears that my remote doesn't wake from standby even when I'm using the default eHome drivers that are automatically installed when plugging it in. Can I enable this somewhere? I downloaded and installed MCE Standby Tool and have played with it a bit, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 AM

Liked: 11
I know that you have probably already done this, but just in case something was reset in the BIOS, have you enabled the wake from USB event flag in the power management setion of the motherboard setup?
post #4 of 4 Old 07-05-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Genius! That was exactly my problem. I can't believe I overlooked that... Thanks for the help!

Now if I can just figure out how to stop the registry from correcting my modification to the remote entry every time I reboot......
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page