Windows 7 7600.16385 built in decoder seems to work well for HA on high bitrate mkv - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 220 Old 02-23-2010, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes! That fixed it, you're a genius!

I'm not even going to begin to try and figure out why that did the trick as it makes no sense to me, but I'm happy now

But what if I want passthrough of AC3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 220 Old 02-23-2010, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggermcg View Post

Yes! That fixed it, you're a genius!

I'm not even going to begin to try and figure out why that did the trick as it makes no sense to me, but I'm happy now

But what if I want passthrough of AC3?

I think it is a bug with FFDShow. I have a lot of instability with pass thru trying to play in the default WMC player. For instance, I can have two mkvs with the same details, one will play and bitstream perfect and the other won't. If I go into FFDShow Audio Config, uncheck all the audios, and then recheck it works, but only a handful of times??? Try leaving AC3 checked and see if you get playback, it may just be the HD audio that is breaking things???

Cheers,
Damian

MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net

Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP 2010-2012

post #213 of 220 Old 03-12-2010, 07:05 PM

I followed the quick guide (post #52) and blu ray is playing fine in 7MC, but it seems to randomly break playing .avi videos - some work and others don't. I tried running the offending file through graphstudio to see if something was missing but it looks OK and there's nothing obvious they have in common, except maybe ffdshow audio; but I don't see why that would be a problem when it works fine for .mkv and .m2ts.

Anyone see anything like this or have any thoughts?
post #214 of 220 Old 03-12-2010, 07:38 PM

Post #52 . What do you mean by "break"? Refuse to play at all or just No audio?
post #215 of 220 Old 03-12-2010, 10:37 PM

yeah, won't play at all, and they play just fine in graphstudio. The only thing I've noticed that they have in common is they all use the AC3 audio codec.
post #216 of 220 Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 157
I am trying to set my system up to play all my HD video files using ffdshow DXVA decoder in W7 Media Center. I'm using Win 7 Filter Tweaker. Media Foundation is disabled. It's set to ffdshow dxva for h264 and vc-1, and that plays perfectly fine within .mkv files. However, when I play .m2ts or .ts files the Microsoft DTV-DVD codec overrides these settings and I can't use ffdshow dxva. I also used graphstudio and it shows that it should be using ffdshow dxva for the file, however when played in Media Center it doesn't. The only way to make this work is I have to disable the DTV-DVD codec but then that breaks Live TV.

Any idea to make this work? Perhaps a registry hack to force ffdshow dxva on .m2ts and .ts files? I'm not sure how to go about that though...
post #217 of 220 Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

I am trying to set my system up to play all my HD video files using ffdshow DXVA decoder in W7 Media Center. I'm using Win 7 Filter Tweaker. Media Foundation is disabled. It's set to ffdshow dxva for h264 and vc-1, and that plays perfectly fine within .mkv files. However, when I play .m2ts or .ts files the Microsoft DTV-DVD codec overrides these settings and I can't use ffdshow dxva. I also used graphstudio and it shows that it should be using ffdshow dxva for the file, however when played in Media Center it doesn't. The only way to make this work is I have to disable the DTV-DVD codec but then that breaks Live TV.

Any idea to make this work? Perhaps a registry hack to force ffdshow dxva on .m2ts and .ts files? I'm not sure how to go about that though...

Are you sure that mfds.dll is renamed to mfds.dll.bak?

A screenshot of the filter graph by GraphStudio at M2TS playback in WMC is helpful (use DirectShowSpy.dll).
post #218 of 220 Old 11-08-2010, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, I'm sure it's changed. Something weird is happening now though. .ts files that are vc-1 will play fine using ffdshow dxva, however on graphstudio it simply shows no video decoder being used. With AVC .ts files (Hot Tub Time Machine) it shows DTV-DVD being used in graphstudio but actually uses ffdshow when played in Media Center. On .mkv files it shows DTV-DVD used in graphstudio but uses ffdshow when played. So basically, it does not show ffdshow dxva in graphstudio no matter what, but still functions properly in Media Center with the exception of AVC .ts/.m2ts encoded files still using the DTV-DVD codec...
LL
LL
post #219 of 220 Old 11-09-2010, 10:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post

Yes, I'm sure it's changed. Something weird is happening now though. .ts files that are vc-1 will play fine using ffdshow dxva, however on graphstudio it simply shows no video decoder being used. With AVC .ts files (Hot Tub Time Machine) it shows DTV-DVD being used in graphstudio but actually uses ffdshow when played in Media Center. On .mkv files it shows DTV-DVD used in graphstudio but uses ffdshow when played. So basically, it does not show ffdshow dxva in graphstudio no matter what, but still functions properly in Media Center with the exception of AVC .ts/.m2ts encoded files still using the DTV-DVD codec...

Maybe the issue has something to do with Windows update. Which splitter are you using? You may get help in Doom9's forum.
post #220 of 220 Old 11-10-2010, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Using Haali... oh well.
Reply Home Theater Computers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page